[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the new Zelda has been confirmed NX only, what are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: zelda-nx.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zelda-nx.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
So now that the new Zelda has been confirmed NX only, what are your hopes and expectations for it?
>>
>>329650968
source?
>>
>>329651617

Implicitly officially confirmed during the Nintendo Direct yesterday.
>>
>>329651681
how?
>>
"Here's some info that WiiU game you've all been dying console to see"

>it wasn't Zelda
>>
>>329651795
and?
>>
It's going to be Wii U and NX. Literally another Twilight Princess.

Nintendo would never risk cancelling the Wii U version, do you know what a shitstorm that would be? Some people bought a Wii U for Zelda.
>>
>>329650968
really?
i fucking bought a WiiU 5 years ago assuming the new zelda was going to be released eventually for it.
i guess consoles really are shit
>>
>Zelda not releasing from now through summer
>"ZELDA NX CONFIRMED FUCK WII U"
Never change, /v/
>>
>>329652008
>Believing /v/.
ur dumb
>>
not shit like the last 3
>>
>>329651978
>Another Twilight Princess

I'm okay with this.
>>
How does it take 6 years to make a Zelda game?

L8.8
>>
>>329652338
>Implying long development process is bad
>>
>>329652473
Looks like it's working out great for Last Guardian.
>>
File: fire arrow sun.jpg (64 KB, 1448x1080) Image search: [Google]
fire arrow sun.jpg
64 KB, 1448x1080
>>329652338
Actual polishing and level design depth with puzzle solving, variety, vertical movement, 50 hours single player content without RPG grinding.

If Zelda keeps selling less and less copies, however, I'm sure they'll soon stop creating classic Zelda games and will go full mainstream/cinematic like otehr developers. Metroid is already dead.
>>
>>329652338
they work on more than just zelda, and most of the dev progress is made in the last 2 years
>>
>>329652547
>Last Guardian
Now this is just incompetence. SotC was already terribly overrated, though. People expect too much from them and now they are shitting their pants, same with Valve/Half Life 3.
>>
>>329652473
>>329652547
Are you guys forgetting Squidward Sword already?
>>
It could still release in the second half of the year.

But really, showing a bit of Zelda U footage would have gone a long way.

>b-but Spring - Summer only!

And that was a dumb restriction. People like to get hyped. I can understand not giving the whole game away, but come on now, at least give bits and pieces. Not showing a game for this long makes people think it's going through a troubled development cycle.
>>
>>329652621
>let's delay working on a fan favorite game that sells consoles and make sure the team in charge of it has other shit
>>
There's a reason the kids of today play Skyrim instead of Zelda.
>>
They're saving it for E3 so that they can try to pass it off as their "new" launch title for the NX.

It's TP all over again.
>>
>>329653004
if they shat out zelda games as fast as they could the quality would plummet so fast

its fine that they take several years to make a new game
>>
>>329653104
Because the current Zelda team is incompetent, out-of-touch and outdated, though that could apply to the majority of Nintendo now.
>>
>>329653125
>Majora's Mask is regarded as one of the greatest Zelda games ever and was made in a year with reused assets
>Skyward Sword had a ridiculous 5-year development cycle and the game we got was laughable padded dogshit regardless.

No, it's a case of their developer team being shit.
>>
wow I can't believe people fall for this bait.

Zelda is Wii U only. Just wait and see how wrong you are.
>>
>>329652581
>Dark Souls and Skyward Sword release in the same year.

Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and not long from now Dark Souls 3 will be released before a new Zelda even gets a name and release date.
>>
>>329653367
then forget about zelda just as nintendo forgot about metroid if thats what you want
>>
>>329652581
We all know Zelda is going to sell less and less copies, did you see how many idiots are buying shitty games remastered?

Gaming world has gone full retard, there's no way for redemption unless it bombs
>>
>>329653432
Most people already have with these long development times
>>
How is Nintendo so awful at marketing? Its so shitty seeing children know CoD and having no clue what The Legend of Zelda is. Or having no clue what Pokemon, or Mario are anymore.
>>
>>329653432
I' pretty much ditching the Zelda franchise for good if Zelda U is another embarrassment like SS.

If it's another catastrophe, then the only news that could bring me back is a second or third party developer doing their own 3D console Zelda, or Koizumi making a return as a director.
>>
>People actually think that the NX is going to release this year, despite LITERALLY KNOWING NOTHING ABOUT IT.

It's a special kind of retarded that /v/ generates.
>>
>>329653958
I think most of those assumptions are based on the totally barren Wii U release schedule.
>>
>>329653958
We'll wait and see. Anyone who CLAIMS anything is obviously retarded, but that doesn't mean it isn't impossible. Just look at the PS4 and Xbone. They were released the same year they were announced.
>>
File: pic044.png (83 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
pic044.png
83 KB, 512x512
>>329651978
>Nintendo would never risk cancelling the Wii U version, do you know what a shitstorm that would be? Some people bought a Wii U for Zelda.

>mfw people bought a PS3 for The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Final Fantasy Versus 13
>>
>>329652581
Zelda is selling less and less copies because the games aren't good anymore, let alone keeping up with trends and standards in the AAA adventure genre.

> I'm sure they'll soon stop creating classic Zelda games and will go full mainstream/cinematic like otehr developers. Metroid is already dead.

Dumb post-WW babbies never knew that's what Zelda was once about. Pre-WW Zeldas were all about all about the epic adventures with cutting-edge graphics gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>329654035
Less barren than the ps4 and bone.
Name me any games coming out on those. There's nothing but multiplats

Surely Microsoft's just going to merge xbox with pc and I guess sony will release another embarrasingly low power console.
>>
>>329650968
>it's a shitposting thread.

Reminder to not fall for the wacky shitposters and their zany schemes to waste a few minutes of your time.
>>
>>329654418
>there's nothing but multiplats
Well, guess what? It sells. You may not like it, but that's how it works. Not everyone is fixated on exclusives. They don't care if they have to pay for online as long as everyone else is doing it, too.
>>
>>329654973
That's a little depressing.

Sometimes we really do forget how mainstream gaming actually is.
>>
>>329655687
That's why I mostly focus on my backlog of older games. At this point, the video game industry is just a shell of its former self.
>>
>>329653958

Wasn't the PS4 and/or Xbone announced then released within a year?
>>
>>329655947
Yessir
>>
>>329652008

you should have a chat with those retards that bought a ps3 for last guardian then
>>
>>329652581
>vertical movement

soulsfag spotted
>>
>>329654168
This. If the longterm fans aren't even happy with Zelda, why would new ones pick it up? They need to make a great game again and sales will pick up. And jesus christ try not to make its graphics look five years outdated.
>>
>>329651978
>Nintendo would never risk cancelling the Wii U version, do you know what a shitstorm that would be? Some people bought a Wii U for Zelda.

But the people who like Zelda enough that they buy a console for it before it's even out are the types of people who will buy the NX even if Nintendo dicks them over.
>>
>>329652581
>they'll soon stop creating classic Zelda games and will go full mainstream/cinematic
They already made Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. They've already gone cinematic.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.