[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1445226008952.jpg (447 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1445226008952.jpg
447 KB, 800x450
What does /v/ think of this remake?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>329643469
It's okay. Prefer the original.
>>
>>329643469
Still salty because it wasn't made for the Wii U
>>
File: iwata5.jpg (14 KB, 478x361) Image search: [Google]
iwata5.jpg
14 KB, 478x361
they goofed on the ice arrows, zora swimming, boss fights eyes, and i'm not a fan of the girly boy link.
>>
I like it i never got to play the cartridge, but the game is kinda convoluted on what to do, and god forbid you come back to it after a week or so of not playing it.
>>
>>329643961
Maybe some day they'll do it on a better console. With Koizumi supervising.
>>
>>329644023
I thought the eyes were very weird at first, but I don't mind it. It's actually a bit unsettling and now I kinda like them.

Swimming took some getting used to for sure.
>>
>>329643469
Pros
>goron link buffed
>ability to skip to exact hours with the song of double time
>circus leader's mask now has an actual use
>owl statues can be activated without a sword
>clock town's bank is now right next to its owl statue
>fishing holes, if you're into that sort of thing

Cons
>reworked boss fights are more or less worse than the original versions
>new zora swimming is absolute ass
>goron's buffs make zora form completely useless outside of swimming utility
>annoying bomber's notebook notifications that you can't disable
>>
It has some pros and it has some cons.

Overall i'd say most of them cancel each other out and it's on par with the original, instead of being a straight upgrade, it's a "sidegrade"
>>
>>329644498
You missed the most important pro

>you don't have to watch the business scrub cutscene a billion fucking times

also, Gyorg is way better in the 3ds version.
>>
I honestly don't know if Twinmold is a better or worse fight. It certainly looks cooler, but it's more tedious in its own way.
>>
What's the best way to play this game and OOT?

I've never played either, and 3DS makes my hands cramp up bad. And both my N64 controllers have absolutely massacred sticks. Are the Horizon mini pads all they are hyped up to be?
>>
>>329644675
>Gyorg is way better in the 3ds version.

>change a dark fucking room into an ultra bight piece of shit
>better

No, fuck you. I was scared of that fight. The atmosphere of that fight was incredible and then they fucked it up with the remake.

I look forward to that fight most of all in my playthroughs and is the only reason I can stand that dungeon at all, but they ruined it in the remake.
>>
>>329644764
Worse.
>>
>>329644932
Hori pads...
>>
>>329644452
it made the fights feel so much more formulaic and not to mention so much more easy.
for instance, as an adult i died like twice to the great bay temple boss and nearly got fucked by oldawa from all the poison and bugs and fire and shit, but didn't have a single close call in the remake.

it's just more fun when you feel like youre fighting another living creature rather than aiming for a bullseye on a target.
>>
>>329644932
You mean the Hori pads? They're quality.

I'd say N64/VC/emulation is the way to go. If for no other reason than to experience the games the way they were when they blew minds left and right.
>>
Overall its better.

Although the gimped Zora swimming and Ice Arrows change really hurt it.
>>
Refresh my memory on the Ice Arrows, what's different in 3D?

>>329645071
How is it easier? You have to hit the 'bullseye' now instead of just being able to attack Obama's ankles after knocking him down.
>>
>>329645413
Ice Arrows can only be used in designated spots rather than in any body of water. It trivializes puzzles since you're told exactly where to shoot them but overall it's not that tragic of a change.
>>
Better than Twilight princess HD

They redid most textures, models, areas, everything
>>
>>329645413
Ice arrows in the original can be used to make platforms anywhere, ice arrows in the 3DS version only work on designated sparkling spots.

Also not that guy, but Odwala is a joke on 3DS. Even more of a joke than in the original. He might actually hit you once or twice or you might have a panic moment with the bugs. The deku flower stuff reduces the fight to a rote series of actions.

And you didn't knock him down, you made him drunk on arrows. Which was always a bit odd.
>>
I pirated and played it for the first time last night. (Never played it on 3ds or 64)

Was okay, I mainly wandered around clock town. That place is ugly and empty. Even with the "redone" visuals.
>>
>>329645413
i'm not sure, they might have changed his moveset a little as well.
all i know is that he was a son of a bitch in the n64 version and a joke in the 3ds version
>>
>>329643469
muh atmosphere
>>
I don't understand why the moved the bank

I don't understand why the swapped the bottle and heart piece around. Nor why we needed a 7th bottle.

I don't understand why ice arrows don't make platforms why the used to. It makes them as useless as they were in OoT.

I don't understand why they added eyeballs to the first two bosses. It just makes the fights longer for no real reason.

The change in Gyorge was cool though I guess. I haven't done anything in the Canyon yet.
>>
>>329645197
>Although the gimped Zora swimming
For the love of fuck, WHY did they do this? The Zora was so fun, now it's so shit. It takes forever to swim to the fucking pirate fortress.
>>
>>329644951
I said the fight, not the environment.
>>
>>329644498
>ability to skip to exact hours with the song of double time
Changes scheduling your time to be the most efficient to just filling out a checklist

>clock town's bank is now right next to its owl statue
The bank was in the shopping district, which is where you need it.
It looks dumb being stuck in the Clock Tower

You also forgot to add in the Cons:
>Ice arrows
>Every little thing being a part of the Bombers Notebook
>Save points littered everywhere throughout the game
>Eyeballs
>Other things I don't about it yet since I haven't played through it fully

Just a port like OoT and it'd be whatever, N64 is still better but 3ds version aint bad.
But this, they really fucked over MM something awful.
>>
It's not very true to the original, but still a good game. OoT 3D had a couple problems, but the pros way outweighed the cons making it the definitive version.
>>
>>329643469
It's fun but play the original first on a poorly coded N64 emulator.
>>
>>329645642
>implying a 240p game is better than a 1080p game

Just stop trying
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.