[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the FUCK is the reason to own one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: xboxone.png (518 KB, 1056x594) Image search: [Google]
xboxone.png
518 KB, 1056x594
Now that all (read: EVERY SINGLE ONE) of the Xbox One's exclusives are coming to PC, why would you ever own one of these?
>>
i know lots of people who have xbones because all they play are sports games/aaa multiplats and they had the 360.

>why would you ever own one of these?

brand loyalty/boring taste
>>
>>329641416
Why does /v/ get all hypertensive when they ask shit like this here of all places? The only people who actually own Xbones on /v/ are idorts with a disposable income who got them to round out everything; pretty much nobody here uses it as a primary platform.

Also >>329641880
>>
>>329642498
It's my primary platform. Just prefer Xbox to any other type of gaming maybe it's just grand loyalty. But I'm not a numbers got I'm an, "am I having fun" guy. All my friends that matter when I want co op are on the Xbox. I don't want to make a bunch of fake gamer friends. I dont wanna hear you faggots in my ear.
>>
I think the better question to ask is what is the reason to stay with the brand going forward?

What are they talking about when they mention upgrading hardware? Are they talking about putting more ram or a better GPU in an Xbox you already own or just selling you a new Xbox more frequently?

Either way, it doesn't sound great for low-margin hardware on the consumer end. There's no point in paying non-subsidized market price for hardware that won't let you buy your games on Steam.
>>
>>329643430

They said they'll let you upgrade it.

MS isn't hardware not do they profit much off it

My bet is they'll let you turn on the xbone for a more modular one at a price

Then they'll just upgrade the gpu for you at subsidized prices in the future since they buy in bulk
>>
>EVERY SINGLE ONE

Nope. No matter how much I want it to be true; we aren't getting MCC it Forza
>>
>>329643921

Forza 6 is confirmed.
>>
>>329643921
Forza 6 was just confirmed the other day
>>
>Buy the NSA Spy box
OR
>Download the NSA OS

We've officially reached the point where it's gotten too bad for me, I'm out.
>>
>>329641416
Prefer it over my ps4. Also a better media center than my ps4.
>>
>>329643696
So then I guess APUs are out, because if you can swap out parts it needs to be put together like a PC.

So it's basically just Xbox-branded Alienware but you have to buy your games through Windows 10 store?
>>
>>329641416
we talkin bout scalebound here.

but seriously sunset overdrive, a game centuries old by todays standards is a delight to play, and pretty worth the 310 dollars to have and play it. also i have friends on xbox live.
>>
>>329644001
>>329644059
1. You got me, haven't heard the news until now. I'm kinda hype now

2. The way it's F2P with micro transactions scares me. I mostly want it because it's more arcadey than Assetto Corsa or PCARS, but mostly the career progression was way more satisfying. Do you think with the model they're using the career mode will suffer?
>>
>>329641416
What could have Microsoft done to truly boost xbone sales? They already did backwards compatibility, and have, or had I few exclusives I guess. Anyway with them going with this whole win 10 business I will never see myself purchasing an xbone
>>
File: linus_torvalds_fighter_jet.jpg (515 KB, 2304x3449) Image search: [Google]
linus_torvalds_fighter_jet.jpg
515 KB, 2304x3449
>>329644180
maybe you should consider OS that's not made to datamine you
>>
Halo
>>
I have my xbox for playing triple A games (especially Halo 5), and to play with my friends. My laptop can play any indie game that doesnt go to the Xbox, so all Im missing out on is shitty jap games
>>
I'm a big fan of the Halo and Forza games. Bought the Xbone before all of the DX12 news.
>>
>>329644461
Microsoft's sales were fucked the second they rolled out the online-only sales thing.

Now, I'm not dumb enough to think they didn't do that without getting encouragement from third party publishers. That's who really wants digital-only, especially in the console space where piracy is more difficult and game prices are higher. The only benefit Microsoft would really get out of that would be lower BOM without the Blu-ray drive.

But everyone let them take the hit for it. You add in that they were the more expensive system at launch with a weaker GPU, and that was pretty much it.
>>
>>329641416

Why would you own a WiiU or PS4 when you can emulate them and get them on PC?
>>
>>329644180
>NSA console
>The console that stutters when switching applications or going home
>the console that regularly crashes thanks to shitty hyper v management
>the console whose own features will lock up the system in an infinite loading screen
This console is the most broken out of all the three. Spying is the last thing this piece of shit could accomplish.
>>
>>329641416
wait, aren't consoles supposed to be "hurr it just werks" box where you get to play the game without the hassle of all complicated and hard to understand settings?
(what does FOV and anti-aaliasing even mean, I don't know, I just want to play my cowadutey)

Are the hostage-games that you call "exclusives" really the only thing that makes you buy the console?
>>
>>329644818
You can't play smash 4 or bloodborne on pc you raging faggot. Even if you could, they would run like shit.
>>
>>329641416
Because its exclusives are only coming to NSAdows
>>
>>329644347

I'd say more like the windows 10 version of a steambox

With a closed os locked to the ms store but even more like a pc running office apps and shit
>>
>>329645702
>With a closed os locked to the ms store but even more like a pc running office apps and shit
But not running Steam.

Hmm. Going to be weird, not sure I really get it. It's going to be a somewhat [possibly completely?] closed system games-wise, but somewhat open hardware-wise.

I think they just want to create a Steam or Apple store type system and they really would like to do it over PC, but they have this Xbox brand that has some unit-moving capability and credibility with gamers so they are rolling with it. For now.
>>
>>329641416
it's easy for a kid to play.
I'm military and the only way i can "hang out" with my little brother is by playing xbox.
he's too young to justify building a computer for him, wouldn't want him to break it or some shit if i can't watch him.
so that's my reason.
>>
>>329646551

Yup they wouldn't sell subsidized hardware only for a competitor to make money. You don't see steamboxes running windows stores

Alternatively you might seeing manufacturers like Alienware making compact prebuilts with the full windows 10 on it

The basic casual isn't going to learn to build and install shit so ms will lure these people by marketing it. The thing is the store and apps will likely be the exact same as the pc so BC will function.

They have enough cash so they can probably bring a ton of games easily just like steam does. Devs would jump since it means they get access to the entire console and pc Fanbase with literally no porting needed other than a few slight changes. The new xbone can likely also use a mouse as required so rts will play easily.
>>
>>329641416
I wanted one, and I had the money to buy it. Do I really need to justify my purchase past that?

Realistically, I got it because I wanted to try out the new Kinect and because I knew that it would be an easy way to keep in touch with and play games with a lot of my friends.

I don't use it every day, and it certianly has a lot of issues that irk me, but I've gotten enough use out of it and I've had enough fun with it where I don't regret buying it. Though I do regret buying Fallout 4 to be honest...
>>
>>329646551
>It's going to be a somewhat [possibly completely?] closed system games-wise, but somewhat open hardware-wise.

Not sure about this. MS will likely make it so that people can't just open it like a pc.

They'll likely make it modular enough so you can take it to a store and they'll put in the new hardware or vidya card for you. Allowing it to be changed by the customer would be a nightmare since casuals and kids are retarded and will fuck shit up. If you want to do it yourself simply build your own. I'm sure people will be able to do it themselves but with special tools
>>
So is MCC on pc yet? Or is everyone just shit posting with the EVERY SINGLE ONE meme?
>>
>>329647612

There's only one thing you need to ask

Do you have a good gaming pc?

If so it might have been a waste

If not there is no issues if you prefer Xbox games.

Most console users can't afford or know how to build one. That's why consoles are so successful these last few years. So sony ponies can't really talk when they're never gonna play the games that went to pc.
>>
>>329647832

It's the only thing MS is holding out with

My guess is they'll drop it at e3 or when the store is adjusted

To them it will be that killer app that gets people on 10. Which is funny to me since I'm more interested in scalebound
>>
File: 1450507078326.gif (387 KB, 401x325) Image search: [Google]
1450507078326.gif
387 KB, 401x325
Anyone else here own Xbone, PS4, 3DS and WiiU?
>>
>>329648121
>329648121
I just want to do forge on a pc. If you're playing on console the frame drops a lot and has weird ass texture popping. Custom games on pc with friends in forge will be the return of halo for me.
>>
>>329648291
Hahaha no

You'll see a new halo maybe but ms ain't putting MCC

They know that shit would be broken on pc just like it was on xbone which would open up a can of worms they don't want to deal with given the delicacy of the situation

Can you imagine being tasked with porting a somewhat still broken game?
>>
It's the "reference PC" :^)
>>
>>329648571
Oh well, they better do it or i'm not upgrading to windows 10 to be perfectly honest. I"m sitting here waiting on that change ... and i own an xbone. I let my live expire a year ago. I only have it as a blue ray player now. They need to get with my program.
>>
People own it to play games. Only viable reason to own a PC is for LoL or to browse Knowyourmeme
>>
>>329647284
>they wouldn't sell you subsidized hardware only for a competitor to make money.
I'm not sure they'd sell any subsidized hardware with an accelerated hardware cycle.

Generally consoles are sold at an initial [small] loss and then become profitable later on. If that "later on" window is shortened even further, would they still sell it at a loss?
>>
>>329641416
whats with all the xbox threads lately?
it got any games or something?
>>
>>329648890

Ah right but they buy in bulk so it should be cheaper than say a straight up pc upgrade. Then again pc has vidya cards on sale but casuals will never ever want to learn to build.

I don't mind we might start seeing less downgrades
>>
>>329648710

Just FUCKING upgrade already the time limit is nearing to still get it free
>>
>Microsoft basically killing off the Xbone and merging it with PC
>in turn turning PC into a console and basically killing it too
Microsoft sure is good at this whole destroying video games thing.
>>
>>329644904

Maybe it's crashing because of all the hidden processes going on in the background
>>
Anyone really want sunset?
>>
I had a 360, more and more games are backwards compatible.

I hook up a digital tuner and have a over-the-air DVR.

Use it for streaming, simple enough for the wife to use.

Can stream games to my PC, they're building PC to One streaming as well.

Why wouldn't I have one?
>>
>>329641416
i had one for about a week and a half
bought the Gears of war Remaster and Rare replay for Perfect Dark
i was pretty damn disappointed with the GOW Remaster 30FPS locked while 4 promises 60
it was fucking disgusting
Rarereplay was worth it though to briefly relieve some splitscreen action but i couldn't justify it so i shipped it back
>>
>>329641416
Crackdown 3

Which is confirmed, le never ever
>>
>>329641416
There aren't any. It's done.
>>
>>329641880
I got mine cheap from a co worker.
>>
>>329642942
Couldn't have said it better, plus Xbox controller feels 100x better than any other
>>
>>329642498
I main the xbone shit the fuck up
>>
>>329641416
play videogames and watch movies?

I know xboxers dont post /v/ because they are busy playing videogames or watching movies, meanwhile nintendo and ps4 fans shitpost 24/7
>>
Based Sony wins another gen :)
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.