[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Refunds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: steam refund 2.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
steam refund 2.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>*Play game for 1 hour and 50 minutes*
>"I've had enough of that. Give me my money back, Steam."
>*Gets refund*

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: sdgsdg.png (66 KB, 621x379) Image search: [Google]
sdgsdg.png
66 KB, 621x379
Somehow I feel this picture will relate to this thread.
>>
File: 2d7.gif (130 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
130 KB, 600x449
They keep a record on you, though. You cannot abuse it and they will eventually tell you to F off.
>>
Why not?
If the game are decent enough, you won't refund it anyway, or at least you'll be interested to play more than 1h 50m.
>>
>>329634239
The first two hours of a game are its chance to prove to me that it is worth keeping.

If I near the two hour mark and it still hasn't become entertaining then it isn't worth my money.

Alternatively if the game is under two hours, it had better be damn good for being so short, or it deserves to be refunded as well.

That's why I didn't refund Superhot. Finished it in under two hours, but the gimmick is fun enough that I have 15 clocked.
>>
>>329635208
>that I have 15 clocked.

Shit taste
>>
>>329635375
It's one of those games that's fun to fuck around in just to see what you can pull off.

That and I have a weakness for games with time control mechanics. I did much the same for Singularity; 8 playthroughs just because there's a ton of variety in the combat.
>>
>>329635375
What planet are you from? Superhot is a great example of a well made game
>>
>>329635537
Agreed with you about the time thing and I overall enjoyed it but I'd never pay $30 dollars for it. That's what makes you have shit taste cause you have no idea what games should be worth.

>>329635643
Shit pretentious story. Nice try Superhot dev.
>>
as an indie developer who makes good games, I have no problem with that
>>
>>329634239
Has this ever worked for anyone with games older than 2 weeks?
>>
File: 1433153677183.gif (1 MB, 234x280) Image search: [Google]
1433153677183.gif
1 MB, 234x280
>>329635757
That's subjective. I wouldn't tell anyone else to buy it but it caters perfectly to my desires and that, to me, is easily worth 30 bux. Games like that are far too rare.
>>
>>329634785
i'm a cisgendered, straight while male, also christian
say i'm 100/100?
>>
Because with Steam Greenlight and Early Access it's easy for devs trying to make a quick buck by selling an incomplete or effortless game to the masses.

This is so indie devs can't just spend one hour doing jack shit and get away with it.
>>
>>329634239
>It's wrong to let people try a game for long enough to get 20-30 percent through a game to see if they will actually like it
>>
>>329636051
>Spend two years making a game
>It's less than 2 hours

How dis happen

I beat Hotline Miami 1 in less than 2 hours and thought that piece of shit was a rip off and could have refunded it if they had that back then

But Superhot is on a whole other scam level
>>
>Play game for 2 hours and 1 minute
>I've had enough of that. Give me my money back, Steam.
>Doesn't get refund

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>329635643
S H I L L
H
I
L
L
>>
>Buy all the PD2 DLC on sale
>Think they're shit
>Tell Valve the DLC is shit
>Get a refund on every dlc item I bought

I think as long as you have a good reason, they won't deny your refund.
>>
>Purchased Arslan Warriors game
>Framerate becomes abyssmally low come mid-game, to the point its unplayable.
>7 hours in. Request refund because can't get any further.
Shouldve known to expect this from Kekmo Toei's pc division.
>>
>>329634239
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>329634239
Because customer should be able to try product before purchase since devs are allowed to falsely advertise features of their product that exist only in reviews.
>>
>>329636198
Depends, are you conservative republican?
>>
File: 1389998450077.jpg (19 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
1389998450077.jpg
19 KB, 400x270
>>329634239

They actually give you a threatening message if you do it too often. No free rides on the Gaben-train.

Unless you have good pals.
TFW you own 3,200 Steam games and share them with a few friends via family sharing.
TFW you have a friend that owns 4,800 games and shares his account with you
>>
>>329636426
You can still get a refund, under 2 hours just guarantees it.
>>
>>329636403
>HM1 was shit
shitpost detected, scramble the fighters
>>
>>329636875
I THOUGHT Hotline Miami 1 was shit... until I played Hotline Miami 2
>>
>>329636683
i'm not american, i don't get those political parties of US
so this is where i start to lose points?
>>
>>329636875

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS3wooJk5ns
>>
>>329636993
Yes. Being non-American automatically reduces your privilege points
>>
>>329636684
>family shared my library with cousins, promised them hundred of games
>lol max 1 person per library at the same time

It's fucking shit, I can understand if more people cant play one game but this is spit in the face.
>>
>>329637549

It's not that big of a deal, plus the library owner always gets dibs. If your cousin is playing your vast library of anime dating sims and you start up My Sister's Little Daughter: Home Schooling Edition, your cousin gets a notification that you're playing a game now and he's got 5 minutes to get his shit in line and save or else Gaben's cutting him off.

You can't play the games willy nilly as you please if you don't own 'em, but you also don't own them so eh. EH.

It also doesn't count if you're playing someone else's library. I can 69 with the 4,800 dude if he's playing one of my games and Gaben doesn't complain, he just watches.
>>
>>329634239
the alternative:

>buy game after being misled by marketing
>game does not contain what is stated in it's description
>dev gets my money
>no refund

>buy game
>does not run despite computer meeting system requirements
>dev gets my money
>no refund

>buy game
>it was in error and was not the game I wanted (e.g. undead vs. plants instead of plants vs. zombies)
>dev gets my money
>no refund

and plenty of other examples

While there are downsides to both options, I believe the general consensus is that the consumer should be put first, not the developer and that this is the favourable option

unless you have an alternative?
>>
>>329638302
>Replying to OP in a serious manner

Is this your first shitposting thread?
>>
>>329638760
no, but I wrote this out last year when this was hot and saved it in my pasta.txt

now I dump it whenever I see one of these to see if anyone does actually want to have a discussion or something
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.