[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SoE fan, having finished SoE once again, tried out SoM to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (158 KB, 1007x887) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
158 KB, 1007x887
SoE fan, having finished SoE once again, tried out SoM to see what the fuss is all about

WTF is this weeaboo crap?
>>
I have no idea either 2bh

SoE > SoM
>>
Mana doesn't hold up. Evermore has a fun setting.
>>
SoE was badass indeed, I had the original cartridge back in the day and discovered most secrets on my own(except for the sting and lance spells and some minor things) while playing it to bits.
>>
We're going back to Potatos to get my FUCKING power wrist
>>
>>329573437
>shit taste
>filter

woah am i sure surprised
>>
>>329574486
filter? You mean the scanlines? They make the low res more bearable on a large screen
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 151x127) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 KB, 151x127
I think Mana is a pretty cool guy eh kills rabides and doesen't afraid of anything
>>
Remember to pick up your fucking power wrist as Potatoes.
>>
File: spiky tiger.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
spiky tiger.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
OP is a faggot
>>
Seiken Densetsu 3 > Mystic Quest > Secret of Evermore > Secret of Mana
Prove me wrong. Protip: It probably can't be done. Maybe.
>>
So.. is there a decent game hidden under all this weeaboo shit?
>>
>>329577129

There's nothing particularly weeby about it
>>
Holy fucking shit people in here talking bout secret of evermore?! God damn you people are rare. GREAT GAME 10/10 more people need to play it.
>>
>>329574468

ASSHOLE
>>
>>329573437
Play it with a friend.
>>
>>329573437
I honestly didn't even know Secret of Mana existed as a kid.

I did play Secret of Evermore though and that was the shit.

My only pet peeve is I could never consistently pick up call beads from the egypt area and I've never found that fucking Sting formula. Fuck the desert.

I just want a cheat for my emulator that lets me have unlimited call beads so I don't have to be so jewish in using them. Which means I never use them because I hoard them since they are rare. Kill me.
>>
SoM and SoE are completely different aside from the basic gameplay.

Evermore is one of the most unique games ever, seriously, it's fucking excellent. Only downside is that it may be TOO weird and it's a little bit buggy sometimes. I thought the rocket launcher had infinite ammo because I ran into that glitch on every playthrough by accident

SoM has a really generic setting but the gameplay is rock solid. Also the fact that you can do multiplayer in it is awesome. I still play the soundtrack sometimes, as well.
>>
>>329573437
>>329577129
I don't think you know what "weeaboo" means.
>>
>>329578757
The people that get off on that colourful animeish essence of things like SoM?
>>
>>329579427
And hate the manly comic book style of SoE cause they're weeb faggots
>>
for everyone who played SoM too often and is in need of a challenge, I suggest giving the Hard Mode hack a try. you will have to discover completely new strategies to get through the game.
>>
>>329579940
For everyone who played SoE too often, I recommend you never try that shitty romhack that changed a bunch of things. It makes the game completely unfun.
>>
> hating on secret of mama
Pleb.
>>
>>329577994
I'm surprised as well. SoE is one of my top SNES games
>>
>>329577994
Soe was great, illusion of Gaia was great, 7th saga was hard as balls.
>>
>>329580046
try the rebalanced SoE hack. it fixes most gliches makes the combat more satisfiying (less misses than usual)
>>
OK so now I really want to play Everomore again. How many total spells are there and which one is the strongest? I only want to lvl up the strongest and ignore the rest
>>
>>329573437
Secret of Evermore is complete garbage
The weapon system is abysmal and the enemy AI is literally all the same. The only good thing about the game is the atmosphere and music.
Also fuck SoEs weapon system
>>
>>329580921
Nitro is strongest, but you get it near endgame. Crush is nicely balanced on getting it quite early and power
>>
>>329580761
I forgot the name but I'm fairly sure that's the one I'm talking about. It started out on gamefaqs and the fag changed way too much shit and now it's completely unfun to play.

Like how fucking gay can you get that you stop everyone from using any sort of spell unless their counter is at 100%? Fuck right off.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x803) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x803
>SoM's sprite deigns
Good shit. Game's fucking great, unlike OP's taste.
>>
>>329573437
we're goin back to potatos to get my fukin power wrist
>>
>>329581307
If the systems for the most part work and you can still get through the game, the game isn't broken and doesn't need a rebalance
>>
>>329581475
They work fine. I only wanted that shitty hack so that all my weapons leveled together instead of autistically grinding each new weapon. All that ends up happening is that I use bone spear the entire game. It works just fine but it would have been cool to be able to use more than one weapon. Also spells leveled a little quicker.

But no, we can't have nice things. Everything else has to be shit if you get anything nice.
>>
>>329576031
You can get back in if you run and spam character switch at the guy blocking the entrance
>>
File: legend_of_mana_001[1].jpg (105 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
legend_of_mana_001[1].jpg
105 KB, 600x450
>>329576524

You forgot Legend of Comfy>Everything else
>>
>>329573437
which part of undertale is this from?
>>
>>329582239
Piece of shit fuck you what an awful game
>>
>>329573437

Lets forget of OP faggatory and talk about the coming remake.
Will the remake be 3D and ruin it?
>>
>>329582897
What remake?
>>
>>329583078
Seiken densetsu 1-4 are getting remakes.

FFA(SD1) remake is almost out if im not wrong.
>>
>>329576524
SD3 is absolutely terrible, it's the slowest ARPG I've ever played in my life.
>>
>>329581307
>chain spamming Crush/Lance is fun
Eat shit.
>>
>>329581475
No, that argument is shit and you should feel shit for making it.
>>
>>329583571
Go to bed Josh Sawyer

Bad options need to exist in an RPG otherwise how do you have good options?
>>
>>329583438
>implying

I never even used spells besides heal because they take too much grind to be useful.

Plus, there's nothing stopping you from being a faggot in the rom hack either. All you have to do is not use your weapon attacks.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>329583646
Fuck off Monte Cook.
>>
>>329583796
I don't know who that is but you're still Cuck Sawyer at the end of the day
>>
Ah Evermore. I only remember getting to that Pyramid place when I first played it.

It was an interesting game though. I kinda wish Square made more American game back then.
>>
>>329578116
>>329576031
>>329574468
My niggas
>>
File: Mega Man is a Robot.jpg (235 KB, 878x592) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man is a Robot.jpg
235 KB, 878x592
>>329573437
>filters
>>
>>329581704
then don't bother, I managed to beat one run without leveling up a single weapon
>>
>>329583932
Why, because I want game designers to actually do their fucking job and balance their shit so if I want to play the game normally and not steamroll straight through it I don't have to ignore 90% of the game's content?
>>
>>329584867
Pillars of Eternity is at patch 3.00

A single player game.

If you're a screw up like Obsidian is, sure, but good game designers should never have to do this.
>>
>>329583646
Please take this retarded MtG trap option bullshit somewhere other than RPGs. It was bad enough to see Diablo 2 and D&D 3E become all about character building and avoiding pitfalls that shouldn't have been there in the first place, but anyone with a brain recognizes that the only reason that attitude became a thing with MtG was because their business model depended on selling you shitty cards far more frequently than good ones.
>>
>>329585547
Look faggot, I play warrior/fighter in every game I play. Could he be worse than wizards and thieves in any given game? Sure. That doesn't mean I autistically complain about it either
>>
also:

DO NOT TAUNT THE CHICKENS!
>>
Played it for a while but couldn't stomach it

For starters the battle system is ass. It doesn't mix turn based and action well at all. Then there's the oh-so-lovable characters tossing you around. Named myself BITCH to make sure the MC knew his place among the other two members

And who the fuck let that dwarven mines music pass? Good lord
>>
>>329578257
This whole "Secret of Mana has good multiplayer" nonsense needs to die, already.

Just because we all like the game, and it happens to have multiplayer, THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT GOOD, HOLY SHIT, SHUT UP.
>>
>>329587538

>Responding to things no one said
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.