[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone heard what's in this month's Humble Monthly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: humble-monthly-march.png (747 KB, 966x602) Image search: [Google]
humble-monthly-march.png
747 KB, 966x602
Anyone heard what's in this month's Humble Monthly Bundle? I usually post it but my source hasn't come through
>>
I heard it's shit no one wants, like every bundle after the first few.
>>
I bought it too. Played ARK for a bit but my shitty 660 cant run the game well without it looking like complete ass.

Hoping for some decent games. Any chance of Undertale or Isaac: Rebirth?
>>
>>329558140
I actually think they've been pretty consistently decent. I thought the first one was probably the worst of the lot. I sell any spares so I get a chunk of my money back.

>>329558250
My fear is that they throw money at the big game and then aren't willing to give out enough money to make it worthwhile for the Undertales/Isaacs of this world.
>>
>>329557809
I bought this pile for 30 bucks and it doesn't even run on my computer like it can't load the fucking servers
>>
>>329560450
>unironically buying early access shit at $30
your own fault m8y
>>
>>329560450
>>329562641

Bought it during halloween for $25. Ran like absolute shit on my 970. Couldn't even get a stable 30. Was able to refund it though.
>>
>>329557809

Anything new gameplay wise? I got bored rebuilding my shit constantly because faggpt raiders would kill and wreck my shut when I was work.
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 852x854
>>329557809
There's 6 boxes in the image, does it mean 6 + ark?
>>
>>329562641
sorry but the customer is always right
>>
>>329563198
I have no idea what you're talking about, but every monthly bundle so far has had 6 games.
>>
>>329563125
Just more dinos, structures, and some new toys like hookshots. But no fundamental changes. It's still has a grind so bad it would put off a Korean.
>>
>>329563198
are you fucking stoned you dumb cunt?
>>
>>329563498
Should I activate it or should I put it on Kinguin and use the money to buy something I actually want? Decisions, decisions.
>>
>>329557809
I never tried ARK till my friend convinced me to play it recently, I hardly knew a thing about it other than /v/ claimed it sucked.

I've got 200 hours into it over the past 2 weeks, I can't fucking stop. What an amazing god damn game. Fuck all you assholes, why in gods name is Farcry Primal 60 dollary dooz when this thing exists and feels MORE FINISHED DESPITE BEING EARLY ACCESS!!!

I didn't even realise it was EA till I'd been on it for 2 fucking days cause it was gifted to me. I'm told its only like halfway done. I've done some stupid stuff, like put money down for Star Citizen. But ARK has already paid off its price tag and I still have loads of fun left.
>>
>>329564140
Where can I get the shill job?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 585x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 585x381
>>329563394
>>329563770
>>
>>329564140
...what is this post exactly? Pasta? Shilling? Trolling?
>>
>>329564215
The shills disappear once the game starts being sold anon.

Ever wonder why you don't see those faggot Indivisible threads that used to make up 10% of the board? How strange! They're all gone!
>>
It amazes me how fucking god awful ARK runs. It's like they TRY to make it run like shit.
>>
>>329564289
>>329564215
No I'm legit. I've been playing it on PVE for two weeks and its fun as fuck. From what I can tell most people who have whined about it played on pvp with server rules that let everyone be complete faglords to each other.
>>
>>329564312
Pretty sure they're in /vg/ because there's literally nothing (new) to discuss.
>>329564405
Post screenshot and playtime
>>
>>329564257
Oh. I haven't seen that image. I imagine it's a placeholder, but there's been six in every bundle up until now, and I can't imagine them fucking people over as they want people to continue to subscribe.

The economics are, hey, we'll guarantee 75-100k copies but only at a dollar each. Makes a ton of sense for a lot of small-time devs, especially as it won't cannibalise other sales to the same degree as "normal" bundles.
>>
File: arkpic.png (132 KB, 652x149) Image search: [Google]
arkpic.png
132 KB, 652x149
>>329564457
Fuck you but here you go. Why's it so hard to believe I've had fun?
>>
>>329564593
Because all these early-access survival games are pretty much all massively incomplete buggy garbage with obnoxious mechanicals that only appeal to kids?
>>
>>329564819
You sound like someone who wouldn't enjoy flying around on a dinosaur. Shame.
>>
>>329564819
I actually know your feel. I have loads of them in my library. The ones I've enjoyed have been Subnautica, ARK, and Stranded Deep. Subnautica and Stranded Deep are far from finished, but I love me some lost in the fucking ocean. ARK I was leery about too, but there's just so much to fucking do in it. It feels more finished than a lot of the survival games feel when no longer EA. My friend was rambling to me something like the team from ARK is critical of people who abuse EA and so they sell the game at a lower price during EA and do almost weekly updates to it. Hell, since I started playing we already got a new dino and a bunch of items added to the game. The modding community seems active and is encouraged, there's a 63k reward up so some dude made a world map thats twice as good as the one the devs made.
>>
>>329564819
Sounds like Ark. Very boring 10 hours in, grab materials, get over encumbered, build stuff with materials. Rinse, Repeat.
>>
>>329565291
What about the fucking dinosaurs? Did you even play?
>>
>>329565291
In 10 hours you wouldn't even be able to do more than make a little hut out of thatch/wood. You wouldn't tier up into stuff like electrical cables/generators or various mounts/dinosaurs that do useful stuff/guns crossbows etc. What you're talking about is more like Fallout 4
>>
>>329564819
It is like saying all Americans are fat, redneck morons. Oh wait :^)
>>
>>329564405
PVE is ok. PVP is annoying circlejerks and griefing, but SoTF "mod" (more like addon) is amazing. I bought this game for SoTF after seeing tournament on youtube and it is most fun I had in years.
>>
>>329564819
I regret The Forest so fucking much, I should have refunded
>>
>>329564593
Fine, will try it, I got a 10% discount anyway, got some cash to gamble on.
>>
>>329565767
I've seen some videos from more "chivalrous" pvp servers where people seem to not be dicks. They have raiding "windows" and even congratulate each other after raids and shit. Something about that seems kind of appealing to me.

And yeah sotf sounds pretty fucking rad, I will get into it later on.
>>
>Games p.fun, runs like dink even on beast systems, friends toaster runs it almost as well, but without the shiney lights and shit
>Play for 200+ hours on private server makin retard shit with dinos
>Battleeye. no we promise its optional and only for official servers
>linux has baked in BE, toasterbro will no longer play
>realize windows wont be optional soon
>rip ARK.

Also official servers are shitholes that even the SA goons abandoned. So you know its terrible if those shits bailed.
>>
Why haven't they optimized ARK yet
>>
>>329565889
Like another anon said in this thread PVP servers are a shitfest. I'd try a PVE one. You can also host local and play with a friend, they get "tethered" to you within a certain dist. You can modify it anyway. When first dicking around alone me and my bud had it set to unlimited, but now we're on yet another friends own server he runs out of his place. Just about a dozen of us playing and no one around to fuck us up or claim the best lands.
>>
>>329564819

I don't even know why I bought it in the monthly bundle just so I can play with friends. I knew it was shit and the same thing as any survival early access, pretty much unoptimized buggy garbage too, Yet they continue to play it and got alot of hours into those things and trying to get a Quetzal which died due to lolserverlag and bugs on PvE mind you
>>
>>329566040
So PVE is single play or what? Do you need to be online to PVE?
>>
>>329562641
Atleast hist dumbass isnt buying the game for $60 when it releases over summer.
>>
>>329565906
It really depends. I played on a pvp server for a while and ran into some really chill dudes, helped me tame my first dino and gave me nonstop supplies to build a house to shelter it in. And almost right after the house was built dicks came over and tried killing me. I fended them off for a while and was feeling pretty good.
>open door to go out and collect some wood
>see like 4 niggas in the trees
>shut door and stay inside
>like 5 minutes later someone comes to my door
>"Hey, I'm starving, do you have any food to share, I'm alone"
>Tell him I know there's more than just him
>"No, those guys tried killing me, but they left"
>Told him to fuck off and get berries from the bushes
>His 7 man raiding team circle my wood house for a half hour before getting bored and leaving since I won't open the door
I even got on the roof at one point and shot arrows at them, before realizing they could get in if they built a ladder, so I fixed the roof and waited them out. Then an hour later some people came by with metal tools and destroyed my door, tranq'd me and put me in a cage, and killed my dinos for literally no reason besides stealing what very little I had
>>
>>329566990
>wow fun
>>
>>329566990
I played last summer when the chinese were really active. They were fucking terrifying to fight. They invested most of their points into movement speed and just move around as a pack.
>kill one
>a minute later he comes right back over the hills running at super speed
>>
>game bundles

http://www.indiekings.com/p/bundle-tracker.html
>>
>>329567164
I was having a good time until I had my shit pushed in by three dudes much higher levels than me with good equipment.

I feel like the leveling system is a bit fucked in the game, considering everything worthwhile requires a very high level. So while I'm unable to build metal weapons to defend myself, higher level players can just roam around with metal tools and break down low level bases for fun
>>329567249
I'm playing on my own server with friends now. It's pretty fun, working on getting all the animals. Just tamed a quetzal, took fucking forever.
>>
>>329564819
Dude, let me tell you about Ark. I, too, could only run the game at 30fps, 40 under forgiving circumstances. I put over 200 hours into the game in a matter of 7 days. It's addicting as hell and the community is just as addicted. It's like living in a completely different place because that's what the game actually is. I mean, you have neighbors and the inherent community dynamics like reputation and random group events. The shit is not healthy. I had to uninstall the game, not because of any of the shitty performance reasons, but because a problem needed to be nipped in the bud.
>>
>>329567747
It really is a doggy dog world
>>
>amd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTGk0R12gs
>>
My wife and I have been playing splitscreen co op on the xbone, so many hours wasted. it's what I imagine minecraft wanted to be, plus dinosaurs. There's no way it'll be finished by June tho.
>>
>>329566032
they're busy adding content
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.