[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVO 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: evo-2016.jpg (98 KB, 1024x608) Image search: [Google]
evo-2016.jpg
98 KB, 1024x608
>What's your favorite game and why should i watch it?

>Looking forward to anything this EVO?
>>
>>329556106
Looking forward to SFV disconnecting from the server during the grand finals

I hope some salty asian kid throws his fightstick
>>
>>329556612
As funny as that would be i think Capcom would patch that before EVO time rolls around.
>>
>>329556734
i just hope there's some sort of secret gamebreaking tech that a few people have discovered that breaks SFV in evo. I'm still buttmad about the release issues.
>>
File: OKcomputer.png (341 KB, 948x701) Image search: [Google]
OKcomputer.png
341 KB, 948x701
>>329556106
Let's go through them, shall we?

SFV: Can be a bit boring if Nash shows up, but there's still high character representation and there should be a lot of new blood making it pretty far into the tournament. It'll be interesting for previous SFIV viewers to see how the ranking shake out and how well newcomers do against vets.

GGXrd: Animu garbage, boring while being flashy at the same time

Marvel: Even worse than GGXrd in terms of shitty mechanics but fun to watch sometimes because of the apes playing the game. Tune in to see FChamp destroy his own stick.

Pokken: literally what?

Sm4sh: Can be interesting if you're invested in a certain character winning, but the players are meek and boring and the game's significantly slower than melee

Melee: Unlike Sm4sh the people who play melee are total autist spergs who are liable to pull some crazy shit in their disgusting smelly pile. Also the game is Mahvel fast so if that's your thing you might enjoy watching it.

KI: Babby's first fighting game, it's fun to watch more obscure characters get far but then they lose to Jago or Kan-Ra so fuck you.

MKX: Broken Kombat X is basically who can gimmick harder. If you've seen one version of a matchup you've seen them all. The gimmicks can be fun to watch, though, and the players get hype.

Tekken: See Pokken
>>
>>329556106
Pokken get down from there, you're going to hurt yourself playing with the big guys
>>
>>329556891
>>329556734
>>329556612
You guys realize that was a TO fuck up, right?

You're not supposed to connect a tournament console to the internet.
>>
>>329557006
basically this, though I am interested in seeing T7
>>
>>329556106
i dont have a favorite but watch pokken its new
>>
>>329557006
MKX has a bunch of new characters right? That might get some people interested to see what happens. I rather not see the same characters from last evo.
>>
>>329557006
>SFV: Can be a bit boring if Nash shows up, but there's still high character representation and there should be a lot of new blood making it pretty far into the tournament. It'll be interesting for previous SFIV viewers to see how the ranking shake out and how well newcomers do against vets.
this
>GGXrd: Animu garbage, boring while being flashy at the same time
this, don't waste your time watching
>Marvel: Even worse than GGXrd in terms of shitty mechanics but fun to watch sometimes because of the apes playing the game. Tune in to see FChamp destroy his own stick.
why is no one sick of this game yet
>Pokken: literally what?
looking forward to seeing what the hell actually happens in a competitive pokemon fighting game
>Sm4sh: Can be interesting if you're invested in a certain character winning, but the players are meek and boring and the game's significantly slower than melee
I just want scarflard to lose and cry a lot
>Melee: Unlike Sm4sh the people who play melee are total autist spergs who are liable to pull some crazy shit in their disgusting smelly pile. Also the game is Mahvel fast so if that's your thing you might enjoy watching it.
this game is 40 years old, I dont care about it anymore
>KI: Babby's first fighting game, it's fun to watch more obscure characters get far but then they lose to Jago or Kan-Ra so fuck you.
I didnt even know this existed.
>MKX: Broken Kombat X is basically who can gimmick harder. If you've seen one version of a matchup you've seen them all. The gimmicks can be fun to watch, though, and the players get hype.
at this point, we have strayed from what actually defines a fighting game
>Tekken: See Pokken
gonna have to disagree here, tekken is pretty interesting to watch, simply for the juggles
>>
>>329557230
New characters are 100% banned from Evo.

MKX isn't what one would call balanced by any stretch of the imagination, but even NRS knows that they're prone to making new characters complete bullshit that they have to tone down later.
>>
>>329557356
I thought there was some time limit so people can use them before a big event.
>>
>>329557481
Time Limit?

NRS knows they can't make a balanced character without months of players finding every broken-ass problem with them. When Jason and Predator and such got released they were banned from tournaments as well.
>>
Anyone know how Pokken even works? I tried watching an explanation on youtube but i got bored.
>>
>>329558391
No, but I'm sure well see how it works at Evo.
>>
T7 will be out to the public by EVO?
>>
>>329558391
It's two different modes, field and up close. Field is a zoning type thing that plays like tekken. Then when you get close it turns into something more like a 2d fighter. I haven't actually played the game so take this with a grain of salt.
>>
>>329556106
SFV is completely unwatchable and feels extremely slow compared to IV.
>>
File: Tekken-FR-Xiaoyu.jpg (223 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Tekken-FR-Xiaoyu.jpg
223 KB, 600x1067
>>329558747
Depends on what you mean by public. Japan has it easily but America has events here and there where you can play it. No word on when FR will come to America in any event but i hope it's soon. Only Japan has got to play FR at certain events
>>
>>329559213
Yeah I was thinking we'd finally get that console/PC release in the West. Or just console I don't remember.
>>
>>329556106
>Literally 3 Nintendo games, 2 of which are practically the same thing

Holy shit I hope the FGC beats the shit out of these faggots
>>
>>329559527
At least the melee autists. Just for their lack of hygiene.
>>
>Only one 3D fighter

Jesus where the hell is Virtua Fighter 6? I want to see what they come up with.
>>
>>329559957
>I want to see what they come up with.

Meter
>>
>>329557006
So you don't like any of them?
>>
KI, Tekken, Revelator, XL, and SFV in that order.

Can't wait for Clutch Nobi shenanigans again.
>>
>>329560826
I'll be watching most of SFV, the top 8 for Marvel, Grand Finals in MKX and KI

Maybe some of the smash if I'm super bored
>>
Guilty Gear mostly. The KI top 32 a while back got me really interested so imma check that out as well. Also wanna see how Pokken fares for its grand debut.
Also, is Marvel still that relevant?
>>
File: 1451581854527.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1451581854527.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
Can't wait for pokken, KI might be fun to watch
>>
>>329557006
>KI: Babby's first fighting game, it's fun to watch more obscure characters get far but then they lose to Jago or Kan-Ra so fuck you.

>Top 8 at KI:WC and Evo were all different characters
>Rico dropped sets and was on the verge of elimination multiple times because Shadow Jago is incredibly unsafe and unless you have meter, every special is negative frames on block
>Kan-Ra is ridiculously execution heavy and Sleep lost the runback against MyGod at KI:WC as MyGod actually went in instead of trying to style like he did at Evo (Seriously, Saberwulf's shadow moves are hilariously safe because his only defense is a good offence)
>Riptor is now top tier because people have figured her frametraps
>Iron Galaxy still reckons the best character in the game is Hisako but no one "Knows how to make her truly scary"

Well, OK. We'll see what happens at CEO
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>329556106
Pretty excited to watch AnimEVO exclusively since now there's literally no reason to watch the main stage.

Who /competitivecatherine/ here?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.