[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In defense of the new Dante, if you actually play the game through,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2
File: 004923.jpg (33 KB, 610x460) Image search: [Google]
004923.jpg
33 KB, 610x460
In defense of the new Dante, if you actually play the game through, he goes through development. He turns into the old Dante over time.
>>
No he doesn't and you're about 3 years too late
>>
>>329534962

DmC was genuinely good. I went into it full of angry /v/irgin rhetoric trying to pull apart at the game and ended up replaying it most in the whole series.
>>
>>329535079
This. The special edition fixes all the problems people ever had with the game and DmC Dante has a full, genuine character arc by the end of the game.
>>
its a good game. i like every single DMC game out there
>>
after a certain point you become paranoid as to whether everyone is either being ironic for laughs or giving genuine opinions
>>
Tameem Fuck off
>>
>>329534962

No he doesn't, he tries to kill his brother and gives zero fucks about the fact that he just got rid of the barrier between demons and humans while at the same time killing most of the people in the city. Hell he spends most of his time moping about "not being human" just like nero did which is something dante never did.
>>
>>329534962
I'll take your word for it since he is entirely forgettable but development doesn't mean he's not a shit character.
The game was alrite though, it just needed a shitload more variety in the combat.
>>
>>329534962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNX1UO1C2yI

Best boss fight coming through.

The game was fun, but the FUCK YOU'S and the twist at the end was kinda shit.
>>
>>329535318
I liked it more than the first half of DMC4
It's pretty good, although simplified, you can still do fun things with the enemies in it and you have lots of weapons, i think 7 melee weapons and 2 or 3 ranged
>>
>>329534962
FUCK YOU
>>
>wet chunks
Mundus was more likeable.
>>
In defense of this game, the Spanish dub team sure did give it their all in their performances.
>>
>>329535191
It didn't fix the massive amount of game fucking bugs.
>>
>>329535408
From being a rebel who gives no fucks to someone who starts caring about the world around him, Kat, his rivalry with Vergil grows and he gets white hair.
>>
>>329535580
>Que te jodan
>>
No he doesn't.

Neither him nor Vergil resemble anything like they were in previous games.
>>
castlevania lords of shadow 2 was better in every way. Even better at being edgy
>>
>>329535191
>>329535318
>>329535483

>>329535356
>>
>>329536198
>glorifying that ip identity assassination
>>
never played DmC, but to change Dante or Vergil at all is good enough reason to hate the game and Donte.
>>
>>329535517
Priceless.
>>
>fuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>329534962
FUCK YOU
>>
As someone who beat DmC...no he doesn't.

He just becomes a generic "good guy"
>>
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGG IN MYYYYYYYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
>>
QUE TE JODAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s
>>
File: timing.jpg (28 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
timing.jpg
28 KB, 545x362
>>329535035
>3 years too late
>3 years

how is this even possible?
>>
Reminder that you have Inafune to thank for DmC.
>>
>>329534962
No he doesn't.
>>
Combat was pretty good considering it was a western game
>>
>>329535580
I agree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s
>>
>>329534962
This was a fucking horrible action game, the people defending it have low fucking standards for what they consider good.
>>
>>329534962
Fuck you.
>>
>>329534962
Agreed actually.
If DmC 2 will be and it will be direct remake of DMC3 then no one will have a question why Dante hates Vergil and why Vergil wants to fuck up the world.
Game is still meh-tier, red/blue enemies were mistakes.
>>
>>329537858
>>329538314
Seriously this is fucking great. I want a game about a flamboyant mexican demon hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc
>>
>>329535408
>he tries to kill his brother
They are immortal actually.
>>
>>329538591
Vorgil was clearly going to fucking die until the bitch from Gravity Rush told Donte to stop
>>
LOS HUMANOS
>>
The new Dante was a fine reimagining.

The new Vergil was absolutely garbage, and it's clear they had no idea how to make him feel more realistic.
>>
The ending "twist" just made me cringe. Why was kat even a character?

To think its practically a reboot of 3
>>
The news boss was actually pretty good

shame it was the only good boss
>>
>>329535593
And yet you probably play super mario world and all older games with bugs. Get out of here.
>>
>>329535191
Too bad it didn't fix the shit tier story or uninteresting characters, but yeah, it made the shit combat just a bit more sharp with a lock on that doesn't actually do anything.
>>
>>329535079
This, lads. It was a quite good game, better than 3/4 in some respects but worse gameplay and an overall worse game than 3. Probably on par with 4, worse gameplay but better everything else.
>>
>>329539271
If only this was true
>>
>>329534962
>He turns into the old Dante over time.
Not really. He becomes a moralfag who takes everything too seriously
>muh Kat
>>
>>329539271
The only thing it did better then 4 was environment design.
>>
>>329539079
DmC had a whole special edition on top of online updates at any point to fix it's unbelievable amount of bugs, and they didn't do shit.
>>
>>329538812
she was literally nothing more than a literary device.
Vergil was right.
>>
>>329538314
This made me buy the game. I wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>329539170
>make a re-release
>the masses love it
>/v/ can't do anything but bitch and whine

How typical.
>>
>>329539170
Yes because DMC1-4 have AMAZING stories. Right.
>>
>>329539271
> had red vs blue enemies
> simplistic combo making
> shit devil trigger, or whatever it was called
>water downed characters
> business corporation mundus
> FUCK YOU
>non existent challenge to hack n slash fans on the hardest difficulty
> vergils downfall had plain gameplay and cutscenes
I could keep going, but I'll never see how this is near the level of 4
>>
>>329539452
exactly the point
the earlier games don't take the story so damn serious, it's all just for fun
and those moments in the games that nearly everyone hates are when the games try to be too serious

then there's DmC: DMC, which makes the mistake of being entirely too serious most of the way through, not to mention the journo's bullshiting and the company heads talking shit about the older games for really no reason whatsoever
>>
>>329539396
They could've easily made a stronger character but jesus they made a good job at playing puppet with a garbage bag of a character. Didnt she have some kind of power? Can't remember if they even said why
>>
>>329539610
>DmC: DMC

Why do you call it like that?
>>
FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>329539696
she was a medium with abilities.
>>
>>329535408
Anyone have that "we saved the city!" DmC image.

Or just the screencap from the game of Donte and Virgil literally patting each other on the back in the flaming ruins.
>>
>>329534962
TAFF YOU
>>
>>329539758
because that's the retarded title they chose to name it?
>>
Mad I'm still
>>
>>329539452
It was legitimately better. The silly moments were good because the whole affair wasn't trying to be so grungy, but the serious moments generally managed to be cool on their own.

I can't even think of a single memorable moment in DmC that wasn't bad.
>>
>>329540074
Vergil's betrayal.
>>
>>329541120
When?
>>
>>329541303
At the very end of the game? >>329538575
>>
>>329541368
That's not a betrayal.

Dante should've just asked a few more questions.
>>
>>329534962
The real problem with the game is just how the game doesn't push barriers. Gameplay was just plain slow compared to other DMC games to the point where Darksiders II is more welcomed as a CUHRAYZEE game. Energy was lacking in every area if you compared it to games of the same sub-genre, and that's what really killed it. Even with the bloody fanfare in the scenes it had, DmC didn't break past being just a hack-and-slash games.

And even the point of his character development is irrelevant if you're trying to hold him up next to the old Dante. He stands more like Dante halfway through DMC3, nowhere near how he was at the end of DMC3, or how he was in DMC1, 2, or 4.

The game was ok, subpar or shite if you were a fan of the old gameplay. It's not really worth bringing up.
>>
Come to think of it DmC Dante is a lot like JRPG chars. Give no fucks at the start and gains motivation and cares eventually. P gud. I'll take that over THIS PARTY GETTING CRAYZAY anyday
>>
He's not even half human anymore.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.