[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MKXL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: FB_IMG_1453834304898.jpg (30 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453834304898.jpg
30 KB, 720x405
Are the new characters boring? Triborg looks interesting but the rest look boring
>>
I've been completely out of the loop. Are these just DLC characters for MKX and then packaged into a GOTY-type release with the name MKXL?
>>
File: xenospotted.jpg (22 KB, 344x353) Image search: [Google]
xenospotted.jpg
22 KB, 344x353
>>329534910
>T-Bizzle
All four of Triborg's variations are fun to play and high mid tier at least.

>Alien
Alien is THE rushdown character; so many ways to get in and keep out. Letting Acidic Alien get you in a corner is literally one of the worst things you can do; if she has a bar say goodbye to 70% of your lifebar. That ankle biter crawl is ridiculous.

>BRC
I haven't seen a single one online. Zero interest in the kharacter. Can't comment.

>Leatherface
Haven't seen much of him either, but his kit looks solid.
>>
File: 1455598658452.jpg (99 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1455598658452.jpg
99 KB, 426x341
>>329535335
tfw got hit with a 70% one bar from bo rai cho day one
>>
Bo Rai Cho is playable now??? Since when?
>>
>>329535536
Since KP2 was released a couple of days ago.
>>
Is MKXL the same game?
>>
>>329535651
yea but updated with a fixed online i think

you get the pit for free if you got the game already in the update
>>
cant use leatherface or triborg cause pc
feelsbad
>>
>>329535308
MKXL is a MKX "Komplete Edition", it has everything including the very recently released Kombat Pack 2 in OP's image.
>>
I really liked MK9 but havent kept up with MKX, is the new XL worth it?
I liked all the single player shit in MK9, does MKX compare at all?
>>
>>329535836
>2016
>He doesn't own a PS4
>Fightan on PC
Anon... go get a PS4, Bloodborne, SF5, and MKXL. You're gonna have fun nigga.
>>
>>329535895
>>329535720

Gotcha, that sounds awesome but sadly I'm in the same boat as this guy:

>>329535836
>>
Triborg and Alien are the highlight of the KP2. Havent played around much with Bo Rai Cho, but his stick variation is neat I guess, I just dont care much for the character. Leatherface shouldnt even be here and Im still pissed I cant play Rain or Fujiin
>>
>>329536009
This. Acidic might be top 5. Tarkatan I'm not sure yet, but I know it's good. I haven't played konjurer yet.

Cyber SibZibs and Smoke are top 10, easy. Cyrax and Sektor are at the very least high mid.
>>
>>329536009
did they mention anything about a KP3?
>>
people are saying cyber sub is redick

wanna see sonicfox play
>>
>>329536720
I wouldnt get my hopes up
>>
>>329536720
>KP3
Spawn
Skarlet
Fujin
Kabal

Best?
>>
Triborg is worth the price of admission by himself.
He pretty much carries KP2 as 4 separate and amazing characters.

Boraicho is fat and gross, really fat and gross.
His Drunken Master variation is interesting, but you would probably have to spend a lot of time getting good at it.

Acidic Alien is probably the best zoner in the game? Think Fang's poison and Dhalsims limb normals.

Leatherface is a fat screaming retard.
He is a well designed character I guess, so if your into that.
>>
>>329536890
>Skarlet
If she and Tremor dont appear in MK 11 I'll be very disappointed
>>
Alien's pained yells are kinda annoying. I don't even want to use an X-Ray on it because it just makes it louder
>>
>>329537007
Pretty spot on analysis anon. If I may add

>Triborg
Has the best throw in the game. Just brutal. Very psychologically empowering.

>Boraicho
I'm not sure why he's in the game. I mean I get they could be lazy because his model was already done, but why not Fujin?

>Alien
Acidic Alien is objectively the best zoner in the game; some characters legit cannot get in. The fact that it can seamlessly switch to full on, balls out rushdown without warning only solidifies Alien as at least top 10, if not top 5.

As I mentioned before, if Acidic Alien gets you in the corner you're in a world of shit. Like, worse than Noxious Reptile world of shit.

Alien and Reptile are who I'm taking to EVO, with Tremor in reserves if I really feel like fucking with people.

>Leatherface
They didn't bring Freddy Back. NRS YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

I don't understand why Lface is here. That said it's a solid kharacter with one of the best endings in the game that not a lot of people will pick up.

Therefore, might be worth learning if you're into the competitive scene, as not many people will get much practice against him.
>>
>>329535935
b-but anon, im poorfag right now. what do
>>
>le fatman that farts and throws up
>no fujin or rain
>>
>>329538093
Do you have a job? Save a little money from each check until you have enough.
>>
>>329537672
They didn't bring Freddy back, because they allegedly said that they don't bring back DLC
>>
>>329538237
I just. I don't even understand. Fujin could have had a staff faggotry variation, an

>implying you can move

wind faggotry variation, and a shameless "this is basically Rain" variation.

Same with Leatherface, they should have brought back Freddy.
>>
>>329537672
I'm disappointed with leatherface. Mostly because he doesn't have a trap variation, when it makes sense to have one. He uses bear traps and hanging hooks in the movies so I don't see why they can't be in a variation.
>>
File: 1455275886970.jpg (31 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
1455275886970.jpg
31 KB, 640x452
>>329538258
paycheck to paycheck familio
>>
>>329536720
pretty sure they are moving on to Injustice 2 now that they have the "definitive" version of MKX with MKXL
>>
>>329534910
You it's really sad that they couldn't get Freddy in there so they replaced him with Texas Chainsaw.
>>
>>329538414
I'm dissapointed that "Pretty Lady" variant can only throw chainsaws, that's his special ability? I would've preferred if there were some chainsaw stuff unique to that variant similar to how Butcher has some.
>>
>>329538424
Whereabouts do you live anon? If you're anywhere in/near Western NY I'll spot ya.

But you gotta be my training bitch until July.

Worst case scenario move to North Dakota, get a job on the oil field (they will hire *anyone*) and make at least 60K a year to start.
>>
>>329538524
they could just make MKXXL. It is America after all.
>>
>>329538524
This likely, but MKX is still making money. You never know.

What are the odds of Injustice 2 being Marvel vs DC?
>>
Bought XL specifically for BRC. I love drunken masters. Pretty new to mkx so its hard for me to give a valid opinion, but I'm having a blast.
>>
>>329538632
>Whereabouts do you live anon?
bumfuck nowhere, Alabama
>>
>>329538872
That sucks.

Seriously though anon, North Dakota. Oil fields. If your current situation ain't working, change your situation.
>>
>>329538756
>What are the odds of Injustice 2 being Marvel vs DC?

There's just no way that will happen, too much licensing issues. Even those comics were a miracle.
>>
>>329538756
Never since Marvel is incredibly stubborn and wants to do their own thing.

Disney even urged them to stick with MvC but they said no and went on to make marvel heroes or whatever that garbage is
>>
>>329539181
B-but I want to main Spidey and Bats, anon.
>>
is cyrax good?
>>
File: 1427015474437.jpg (192 KB, 584x821) Image search: [Google]
1427015474437.jpg
192 KB, 584x821
>>329534910
>the least interesting character was the only actual MK character.
>>
>>329539243
>Spidey and Bats
casual personified

>>329539241
good for marvel and i agree with their decision
>>
>>329539268
I don't know, shame nobody mentioned him in this thr- USE YOUR FUCKING EYES ANON

He's decent. Well above the middle of the pack. Smoke and CSZ are objectively superior, however.
>>
>>329539268
if hes anything like mk9 cyrax he should be decent
>>
>they give you Bo Rai Cho, character that nobody cares about
>leave out Baraka, Shang Tsung, Noob/Saibot, Smoke, Shao Khan, Kintaro and other much more interesting characters

Blasphemy. Every fighting game should have all characters from previous games even though some of them have died canonically.
>>
>>329539335
Sorry I'm not a hipster who is arbitrarily contrarian?

Batman is generally well written and is an interesting character.

Spidey is really easy to empathize with since he's basically a typical /v/ user who happens to have powers; that's not "webbing" he swings around on, that's pure spaghetti.
>>
File: 1451883554333.gif (129 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1451883554333.gif
129 KB, 500x281
>>329539335
>good for marvel
>earning less money is bad
>shitting on fans while listening and embracing tumblr is bad

Marvel is dumb, its good to stand up to your employer, but in this case they had too much pride and fucked up. If capeshit didnt sell so well in the theater, marvel would be in trouble
>>
>>329539327
Doesn't Triborg count?
>>
File: 1454968471520.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1454968471520.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
>>329539401
>leave out Baraka
rip main
>>
man i noticed noob saibot is just not in this game. what the fuck even is that?
>>
>>329539401
>Baraka
Alien's Tarkatan variant

>Smoke
Literally in the game.

>Shang Tsung
Shinnok stole his gimmick. All of them.
>>
>>329539506
Basically. And they'd be stupid to not play ball on an Marvel vs DC fightan developed by NRS.

I mean it would literally print all of the money. Like, all of it.
>>
>>329539492
youre a fucking casual that watches movies your opinion means nothing. watch your fucking cartoon and shut the fuckup

>>329539506
no need to worry about fucking games. they need to worry about making decent fucking books again and stop trying to cater to fucking casuals
>>
>>329535928
If you're still lurking the single player story is shorter and not as good as 9 but all the other single player content is very good and better than MK9.
>>
File: Raiden311.png (255 KB, 397x403) Image search: [Google]
Raiden311.png
255 KB, 397x403
>>329538524
Real question is, when are they going to make a new Mortal Kombat Deception game with RPG elements where you explore all the different worlds.
>>
>>329539964
A full fledged shaolin monks sequel would be nice
>>
>>329539243
And I want one game where I get to play as Carnage, but that doesn't seem to happen. Marvel just sucks with games, there's a ton of great characters that would be fitting main characters for action games or to cast FG-roster. But no, Marvel wants to hand out rare licenses to incompetent devs to make kiddiegames.
>>
>>329534910
Does alien have bones to break?
>>
>>329540250
havent played much alien but this is what raiden bug eyes looks like on alien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFPP4Y8ZWQ4
>>
>>329539593
>Alien's Tarkatan variant
Not the same

>Literally in the game.
Yeah, as one style of triborg, literally blasphemy. That's just stupid, like putting Scorpion, Sub-zero and Reptile on one character. Could also be good ol fashion laziness.

>Shinnok stole his gimmick. All of them.
Shinnok's shit, really whiny and lame to be sungod. Gets his ass beaten by inexperienced kids.
>>
Mortal Kombat is so bad they have to get licensed characters to fill out the roster.
>>
>>329540549
they dont need to theyre wasting these shitty fucking horror characters when they could put in better. shoulda just did predator and called it a day mortal kombat universe has hundreds of more deserving characters
>>
>>329540485
If you actually played the game, which I can tell you haven't, you'd know all of triborg's variations are fleshed out enough to basically be different characters
>>
>>329539964
I thought I was only one who liked that. Still miss that kind of single player mode for MK.
>>
>no noob saibot or kabal
is this mortal kombat or whats happening?
>>
>>329540651
MK has good characters, but for some reason they leave out fan favorites and instead give characters nobody asked for. It's like SF leaving out Blanka... Oh wait, that also happened.

>>329540661
I have played, I just haven't bought kombat packs just to get some meme characters and drunken fat ass.
>>
Why?? When you got fags got Planescape Torment when its practically the same shit.

>Pockets of realities created by gods that make up different deities and alignments. (Planescape has the Outer Planes which determine the place where you die between Good or Evil, to defining principles like Lawful and Chaotic) (Mortal Kombat has the alignment realms like Hell/Netherrealm, Heaven, and the principle realms like Chaosrealm and Orderrealm)
>Realms/Planes in constant battle fighting for control of souls, and influence because they are central to their power.
>Prime Material Realm which has most of the the beings that is center to power/balance, and influence. (Earth Realm in MK), (Prime Material World that hosts all the worlds of D&D from Dark Sun to Forgotten Realms)
>Different factions that have their own particular motives and philosophical ideals that play a role in the universe. Their belief in a certain deity give them unique characteristics and harnesses their special abilities. (Mortal Kombat has the Lin Kuei, White Lotus, Black Dragon, and the Brotherhood of Shadows) (Planescape has the 13 Factions of Sigil)
>Area which is the center of everything because it has portals to everywhere. (Outlands in MK is the center of everything because it has portals to every realm scattered everywhere due to Kahn being an invading shitload. So many portals he needs Shadow Priests to guards these portals from whatever comes in and out of them.) (Portals everywhere in Sigil leading to anywhere, other worlds, and planes of existences)
>Important place has a leader who controls everything in their realm. Each leader is coincidentally polar opposites of each other. (Lady of Pain doesn't want people to know she exists, hates being deified and will rend you apart if she finds you doing so). (Shao Kahn wants to be in the center of everything, has a throne in the middle of an arena, wants to be deified as a God so badly, hires Shang Tsung to help him gather souls)
>>
>>329541081
meant to reply to these guys.
>>329540862
>>329539964
>>
>>329535895
Aja, I knew they were going to do this. It's worth waiting a year for stuff like this.
>>
>>329541081
>Planescape Torment
>isometric
>no fighting
>old as fuck

Well I think I'm gonna pass this one.
>>
they need to do a mk9 remake with x's fighting
>>
>>329541354
Why not MK trilogy and include all the characters from that?
>>
>>329541459
i mean thats basically what mk9 was. it had all the classic characters from 1-3 with the stages. fighting was just broken all to hell
>>
>>329541526
It didn't have every character as playable that trilogy had.
>>
>>329541058
Nobody likes blanka as a character, they only like his moves. As for triborg, smoke variation is probably top tier now cause he has tools for everything and has constant smoke bomb pressure. Meme characters or not, they're stomping about half the cast to irrelevancy, even bo. Leatherface is decent too but has the same issues Jason does, easy to learn shit but nothing that will work once everyone fought him at least once.
>>
>>329539563
I was more or less talking about established characters. Triborg is a new character. Not sure if he'd count eitherway, seemed like just a way to include all 4 cyborg characters into one.
>>
>>329535335
>I haven't seen a single one online. Zero interest in the kharacter
You are lucky then, brc is most likely the most deadliest of them all, he has such fast mix ups you need to master him yourself just to learn hot to defend against him and with his farts he can extend combos for a long time, trust me you do not want to get trapped in the corner by him
>>
>>329543209
>with his farts he can extend combos
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.