[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefront DLC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: bf_outerrim.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bf_outerrim.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>Only 2 new maps
>Only 1 is for the large game modes like Walker Assault
And I thought 4 maps at launch were bad.
>>
Battlefront is shit, wow shocker!
>>
>>329525863
>iconic heroes
>nien nunbe or whatever

O-ok...
>>
4-10 new maps may even add another 15-20 hours worth of play to this game before it becomes boring again.
If they ever decide to tell people when they'll be released...
>>
>2016
>still selling map DLC

When will publishers learn that fragmenting their player base is an awful idea? Of all the things you should never sell as DLC maps should be the very first thing on the list. I learned my lesson from battlefield 4 premium, that's the first and last time I will ever buy map DLC.
>>
was*
>>
>ICONIC HERO
>LANDO CALRISSIAN
>'S COPILOT, NIEN NUB
>>
>people complaining about number of maps

Do you guys realize how much work goes into creating a map? Like, actually putting in the effort to place all the landmarks, foliage, spawn points, etc? Which would you want: 2 maps that are really well thought out or 20 maps that are samey and bland?
>>
>>329526614
As long as people will buy it, they'll sell it. They don't give a shit what happens down the line.

They don't raise the baseline price of games, but boy do they throw you the extras for a 20 spot, right?
>>
4.5 GB update!
That's a lot, that's a fucking big update.
>>
>>329526614
At least BF4 had players
There's less thank 10k PC players
>>
>>329529936
hello EA
>>
>>329529936
shill
>>
>>329529936
>spawn points
if you've played ANY battlefront you'd know the spawn points are the most fucked up clusterfuck you've ever fucklled your way into.
>>
>>329526139
LOLLLLLLLL fuckkkkk I feel bad for anyone who bought this game + the season pass

I mean nien nunb is cool and all but as part of a $50 season pass? EA laughing all the way to the bank
>>
File: 1369742156182.png (7 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1369742156182.png
7 KB, 493x402
>>329525863
>iconic heroes
>nien nunb
>mfw

Damn if I could actually be bothered to still play this game I would be pretty gutted with this news. See this is why I loved playing the Empire, and more or less tolerated the Rebels. At least the Empire had Boba Fett, only hero that I didn't think was a punk bitch....at least until they nerfed the fuck out of him
>>
They clearly used the Sullustan and Rodian heads again because they didn't have time to make new models, but Nien Nunb?
Really?
You couldnt think of anything else?
Maybe if they had chosen some actually intersting races for the rebels they wouldn't have this problem
>>
>Leia gets special guard units
>Stormtroopers get the red guys
>Rebels have like five aliens, but they're only one gender
>Imperials get TWO different troopers
If there ever was a sign that the game was rushed as fuck this is the most obvious one
>>
File: 1456964062371.jpg (51 KB, 355x531) Image search: [Google]
1456964062371.jpg
51 KB, 355x531
>>329525863
Your Honor please note to the jury that the witness indicated EA as the suspect in this case.
>>
I´ll play it once I can get all the content for like 40 bucks or something.

Though probably no-one will be playing by then.
>>
>>329534551
but dude
you can choose if your guy has a goatee or not, or if theyre strong black women
>>
>>329534368
>>329534428
Just wait till their next announced iconic heroes of the Rebels and Empire to be available,
one of the Ewoks in RotJ and the guy who yelled 'You Rebel scum!'
>>
>>329534678
I hear there was issues with getting enough players for several gamemodes only weeks after launch.
>>
File: every time.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
every time.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>329534758
http://swbstats.com/
That's because everybody had seen the entire game and then all the flaws within a week
>>
>>329526614
Maps became DLC bait mostly starting with CoD4.

The maps released as DLC were not as great as the community maps made and available on filefront etc. But consoles couldnt play them so map DLC for them made sense.

What doesn't make sense (aside from a pure greed standpoint) is too force PC players to buy new maps DLC if they want new maps because no more map tools 4 u.

At least with custom maps people can have them downloaded on the fly as they join, or download map packs previously, but with paid maps, the community is split.

I'm pretty much convinced that in the past 6 years there hasn't been a single FPS made by a developer actually interested in making a fun FPS for a dedicated community, instead churned out for profit, to sell season passes, to sell DLC and pre orders, and all missing basic features like better netcode and tick rates (because fuck paying for better servers and fuck allowing dedicated servers - we matchmaker now), and splitting the community up with said DLC shit.

DICE is on my mind as I type this
>>
>>329534428
>You couldnt think of anything else?

I assume Lando, Chewie, and Obi Wan will be in the next 3 dlcs. Who the else would you put in place of Nien Numb? There's not much choice. Even less for the imperials.
>>
>>329534821
jesus christ, those PC numbers are pitiful
>>
>>329534821
christ what a trainwreck, I actually know 2 people who paid money for this.
>>
File: Chewgi damaged.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chewgi damaged.jpg
206 KB, 1280x720
>>329529824
>implying sidekicks aren't some of the best characters
>>
>>329535279
I played on PC at my cousins house to see how different it it. First round of walker assault has some guy going about 200-2, one shotting everyone with the DLT19. Finally found another game, only to have the exact same problem with another hacker, only with the RTC gun. Cousin said most of the hackers have been hacking since launch and Dice/EA has done jack shit.
>>
>>329529936
>spawn points
You mean all two of them per zone? That you can't even choose which one you spawn at?
>>
File: stormies leave.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
stormies leave.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>329535558
They have a good system in place but once you get past it there's nothing to stop you
>>
>>329535279
I think EA overestimated how much normies actually like Star Wars. They only pretend to like it when a new movie is out because it's fashionable to do so. There won't be any more mainstream interest in star wars till ep 8.
>>
>>329534578
You can tell that outfit was not made for a woman
>>
File: oh.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
oh.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
File: NIGGER.jpg (45 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
NIGGER.jpg
45 KB, 700x600
>no TFA DLC
>>
File: 1454185179790.jpg (99 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1454185179790.jpg
99 KB, 1152x864
>>329533375
This. Everyone who bought the game is an idiot. Everyone who bought the DLC and actually expected something good doesn't deserve to breathe. Reminder that EA is trash.
>>
File: whatthefuck.jpg (18 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.jpg
18 KB, 356x356
>>329535443

>mfw I paid money for this piece of shit
>mfw after being strafed by an A-Wing before even getting a kill for the 10th time in a row
>>
File: fug.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>329535638
Delete this!
>>
File: speeder fun 6.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
speeder fun 6.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>put snowspeeders everywhere
>speeder bikes only on one map
Fuck you
>>
>>329535638

>that rocket launcher

God the weapons look so painfully out of place in this game it hurts. I mean they look good, really good which is why it's even more painful. It's so fucking clearly a recoiless rifle from WW2 with some minor tactical shit put on it. It just feels so out of place to have blatant WW2 weapons with minor changes all over the place in this game.

Yeah I know the original Star Wars weapons where frakenguns but they had effort put into them and they also picked weird looking rarer guns like the C96 or the Sterling. Not a fucking MG42/34 love child and a tacticool Bazooka.
>>
>>329536372
Are you retarded? All the guns were either in films or previous Battlefront games.
>>
>head game was shit
>got suckered into dem gwaffics and star wars nostalgia
>buy game
>it's not an awful shooter which would be improved significantly by more content
>season pass is $50
>so far it comes with a reskin map, a new small map, and buffed guys you could already play in the game
>feel like I need to buy it anyway to get my money's worth out of the main game
What a bad time to be playing videogames :'(
>>
>>329536548

No the rocket launchers looked way different in the battlefront titles and I don't recall every seeing one in the films.

And I know the MG34/42 is in the films but it's one scene, it's far away and the barrel had been completely replaced and thickened up to look like an actual space gun, which it was like in BF1 and 2 as well. In this one they just gave the MG42 the 34's barrel.

The problem is the RL though, it looks like it's straight out of WW2 with no changes at all. All the tacticool on it is just other WW2 stuff.
>>
I still dont get how anyone could rationalize spending any money on this game unless theyre one of thos die hard obssessive Star Wars fans that would by a replication of Jar Jars shit, made with real George Lucas shit, just because its Star Wars related.

I have never before gotten so bored of a game as fast as I did with Battlefront. Not even 2 matches into the beta and I had this sinking feeling that Ive done pretty much everything. And after launch I just went over to a coworkers place and palyed a match of that small team deathmatch mode and just thought "yeah, I wasnt wrong". Its a really pretty game, and thats about all it has going for it.
>>
>>329536893
I love Star Wars but I also love video games so I knew better then to buy EA or any of the horseshit they spouted about this this shit. My cousin who also loves Star Wars but knows jack shit about vidya didn't bought it and hated it.
>>
>>329536893
I heard these complaints and I didn't listen. I actually gave EA full price for this piece of junk. Feels quite bad tbvh
>>
>>329536893
>>329536767
>>329537143
How the fuck are there people on /v/ still buying EA games?
What's wrong with you?
Jesus Christ, you have no right to complain or act disappointed. We told you this would happen. Everybody on /v/ knew that Battlefront would be shit.
Did you think the universal preemptive /v/ hatred of Battlefront was just a joke? Did you not believe us or something?
How can you faggots be so stupid?
>>
>>329536893
Well when you manage to create a culture around video games based purely on hype instead of quality, and basically prey on the casual gamers need to be seen as hardcore, you get games like Battlefront. It has just enough content to satisfy those who dont really play games for anything but the image that they play games, with enough merchandise hype to rake in pre orders.
>>
>>329537283
>you cant complain if you bought it
Well besides that veing false, you can complain all you want especially if you bought it, I only played the beta and on someone elses copy. I havent bought an EA title in almost 5 years.
>>
>>329537283
>listening to /v/ ever
Cisquisition was pretty good and I was kind of hoping EA had finally got their shit together. The content that's there is a 7/10, there's just very little content.
>>
>>329535108
Not to defend 343i, but they did away with map pack DLC for Halo 5 specifically to avoid splitting the player base.

I really did like most of Halo's DLC maps, but then again I have a special certain affinity for Certain Affinity
>>
>>329537283
universal preemptive /v/ hatred is almost always unfounded ya ding dong. Why, dark souls 2 for instance is a great game :^)
>>
>>329535558
I thought BF was using fair fight because of the hackers. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>329537551
>cisquistion was good
Hello EA
>>
>>329535108
>cod4 was the start of DLC bait

>not knowing cod4 and halo3 had the last of good console DLC in the dudebro days of 07'

Not to defend xbox/consoles in general because they're long dead for me, but damn those were good times playing Broadcast on cod and custom games/swat on the heroic map pack (free and had best maps too). Packs are just a cash grab and cut content now, but then the maps actually felt like a legitamate extension of multiplayer, not to mention at least 50% of the player base seemed to own the DLC out of love for the game and hype. Those were simpler times for companies and shooters.
>>
I got the update, wanted to play it for the first time in a while, utterly shit all players.

Currently 1500 total players on PC.
It's so fucking dead.
Such a shame.
>>
>>329539102
What do you think the player base plays now that the game is dead? Legitimately curious where the EA horde goes once their games die out.
>>
>>329537846
It's not that bad, usually
Not that it matters, since there's no team scrambling whatsoever and somehow people manage to go 0-28
Supremacy is shit most of the time because it's always a stomp for one side
>>
>>329539261
They went back to playing BF4.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.