[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did any of you faggots actually like this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7
Did any of you faggots actually like this game?
>>
>>329524373
Yeah, it was okay.
>>
sure did
>>
I liked it but it was pretty forgettable desu
>>
>>329524373
It's the "Zelda II" of the 3D Zeldas.
As in, it's not very good outside a couple redeeming qualities.
>>
>>329524373
No but there sure is a lot of shilling lately.

Google "twilight prinses sucks blog"
>>
>>329524373
Yeah, it's my favorite Zelda.
>>
>>329524589
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>329524373
Everything outside of the dungeons was pretty blah. It felt like the Zelda team blatantly trying to pander to the fans, instead of making the game they wanted to make.

Also the music was a big letdown. Total bait n switch from the trailer theme by Yakota
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGQFugRDtXE
>>
Yep! The game is highly underrated.
>>
>>329524551

So much this.

I played through it twice and more recently than any other 3D Zelda and I can barely remember anything about it.
>>
>>329524373
it's the least original and most overrated zelda game

for comparison:

>Ocarina - 8.6
>Majora - 9.4
>Waker - 8.9
>Twilight - 7.0
>Skyward - 8.3
>>
>>329524373
I have a dog fetish, so I really liked it. Probably my favorite Zelda game other than Zelda II.
>>
real talk: I had more fun with Squidward Sword than I did with TP

They both had some pretty big pacing issues, but at least SS had a handful of worthwhile things to do between dungeons. Better music too.
>>
memers pls go
>>
>>329524741
>most divisive 3D Zelda game along with Skyward Sword
>overrated
>>
>>329524373
ay duh
>>
>>329524842
>Squidward Sword
I don't remember a squid in Skyward Sword. Where was it at?
>>
>>329524842
>SS had a handful of worthwhile things to do between dungeons

whew lad
>>
I rank it third place for the main console zeldas.

1. oot
2. mm
3. tp
4. doesn't matter, all are way forgettable or not worth finishing

I don't get most of the hate for it

>snowboarding
>boat fishing
>that ice manor dungeon
>second best combat besides ww
>alright atmosphere
>wolf wasn't that bad
>>
>>329524647
Don't be, I love all the Zeldas except for Spirit Tracks, TP just happens to be the best one.
>>
From what i played i liked it a lot
>>
>>329525032
I think I need to take you to the hospital.
>>
>>329525007
I liked losing your gear and stealthing around the volcano area. The level design outside the dungeons was just better in general.

Everything between the dungeons in TP was either mind-numbingly forgettable, or else Tadtones-tier
>>
>>329525012
I guess people were expecting more from it and disappointment is a bitch so they take it out on it after the fact, when really it's the last decent 3D Zelda and should be remembered as such. There's nothing majorly broken with the game and it's in many ways a step up from its predecessors, but that disappointment will always crop up because it wasn't *their* Zelda game.
>>
File: 1271953175667.jpg (159 KB, 349x384) Image search: [Google]
1271953175667.jpg
159 KB, 349x384
>>329525032
Spirit Tracks was rad as shit. I had more fun with it that TP, and I'm not exaggerating.

>best 2D dungeons since Link's Awakening
>playing Pac Man on the tracks
>searchin for rabbits
>Zelda being a QT
>ending sequence was a rollercoaster ride and a half

also, dat music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY
>>
no, because i actually played the good zeldas first (MM / OOT)
>>
>>329525162
Nah man, I just got finished paying a hospital bill, I'm never going back to a hospital no matter how hurt or sick I get.

They fucking charged me $1700 for a doctor to spend 5 minutes digging a bit of ear wax out of my ear, they didn't even get all of it. I ended up only having to pay 300 dollars after insurance, but even that's too fucking much for what I got.
>>
>>329524373
Better than WW
>>
>>329525449
clean your ears you mongoloid
>>
>>329525430
I'll admit that I probably didn't give ST enough time to enjoy it, that stupid shit where you had to blow into the mic pissed me off. Either the mechanic is fucked or my mic was fucked, so I had to blow into it constantly and run out of breath. What the fuck would happen if some kid with asthma had the same problem I did? Fuck.
>>
>>329525187
That level design came at the cost of Skyward Sword feeling even more restrictive and linear than Twilight Princess, which is a big no-no for an adventure game like Zelda.

And don't even get me started on the sky overworld.
>>
>>329525617
Nigga, I clean my ears out every single day in the bath. Not even the Doctor could understand how so much ear wax built up.
>>
File: zelda recomendation.jpg (1 MB, 990x3460) Image search: [Google]
zelda recomendation.jpg
1 MB, 990x3460
facts
>>
>>329524373
1 OoT
2 WW
3 TP
4 SS
5 MM
>>
>>329524373

Midna was olev
>>
>>329525678
It felt restrictive, but it also felt like it had purpose behind the design. I could appreciate that.

TP felt restrictive and purposeless. I really got nothing out of riding around Hyrule Field because the design felt so outdated.

It probably didn't help that SotC and Okami were both released right around the same time, and they both nailed the overworlds.
>>
>>329524373
It's a great game, but probably the worst 3D Zelda.
That just proves it's an amazing series though
>>
>>329525919
SOTC's overworld was bland as fuck and took forever to navigate. I can't see how you wouldn't like TP's overworld but like that.
>>
>>329525749
>Wind Waker
>something different

I love this meme.
>>
>>329526101
SOTC's had atmosphere, exploration, and lizards. Horse riding was cool too.

TP had nothing. Literally nothing.
>>
>>329526170
TP had exploration, bugs, atmosphere, horse riding... and horse combat. And a ton of other shit besides, it's SOTC that's a barren nightmare (by design).
>>
I only like it because Link and Midna had cute chemistry.
>>
>>329526342
There was no exploration, every area was basically a large tunnel.

Bugs were annoying to say the least.

No atmosphere.

Horse mechanics sucked.

But like that other guy said, Okami came out the same year too.
>>
>>329526101
>SOTC's overworld was bland as fuck
gotta disagree with you senpai

It actually used vertical space in an organic and natural way. It wasn't about getting to the other side of a green field and killing some fodder enemies on the way, the challenge and the fun of it was the pathfinding itself.

It really helped that the entire overworld was persistent. The fact that TP's overworld had loading in the middle of the goddamn field just felt lazy.
>>
>>329525919
Agree to disagree, then. I see what they were going for with Skyward Sword's level design, but I don't think they handled it well because of the lack of adventure I felt in a game that's supposed to be about adventure.

I thought Twilight Princess did better at giving off the sense of exploration, but there wasn't much to actually discover.

Opposite ends of the spectrum, really.
>>
>>329524373
I like it. It's decently fun and I like the overall mood and feel of it. Whatever that means.
That being said, it's filled with tedious shit that I really don't want to deal with again. It doesn't feel that bad on a first playthrough, but you really start to feel it after your second or so. Probably not gonna pick up the HD version for that reason, which is a shame because I'd kinda like to explore the underwater portions with updated visuals.
>>
I likes wind waker much better. Pretty much the only reason i had a wii u was to play ww hd. But i traded my wii u after i beat it.
>>
>>329526442
>every area was basically a large tunnel.
Same goes for SOTC if you want to go there, you're just following a compass marker after all. SOTC's atmosphere is overrated by tards who were desperate for an "artistic masterpiece" on the piece of shit PS2.
>>329526495
>It wasn't about getting to the other side of a green field and killing some fodder enemies on the way
It was about getting across a green field and killing fodder bosses at various end points around the map, not sure what's worse. There wasn't any meaningful use of the "vertical space" when it did appear, it wasn't a platformer. Any and all design went into the boss encounters, not the overworld.
>>
>>329524373
Of course.
>>
>>329524373
>8.8
>tfw newfags wont understand.
TP is shit even SS is more enjoyably than this trash.
>>
>>329526495
>It really helped that the entire overworld was persistent. The fact that TP's overworld had loading in the middle of the goddamn field just felt lazy.

Maybe if SOTC had loading screens in the middle of the field it wouldn't have ran at 12fps. Nah, it would've anyway.
>>
>>329526794
>you're just following a compass marker after all
Have you even played the game? It's the most vague 'arrow' in gaming. You have to explore a very large world to get where you want and occasionally get lost.

You can't even get lost in TP because the areas only have a couple of exits at best unlike SOTC which is completely open world.

>SOTC's atmosphere is overrated
>piece of shit PS2.
And we're done, you're just a hater with absolute shit taste.

You aren't even addressing how Okami also did the overworld better yet you seem like you want to defend TP to death.
>>
>>329524373
I fucking love it!
>>
File: sotc vertical.jpg (362 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
sotc vertical.jpg
362 KB, 1000x563
>>329526794
>There wasn't any meaningful use of the "vertical space"
sure there was
There were spires, there were valleys, there were mountains, there were ruins. The entire game was built around the sense of scale and height.

I don't think you've really thought this through to be honest. You're just giving me a kneejerk reaction.
>>
>>329527140
The temple is climbable too, it's fucking insane how high the game is.
>>
>>329524553
Zelda II is fine, you just need to get good.
>>
>>329526905
based ICO collection gives us the entire game at a playable framerate

And it was only $30 for 2 games, unlike Ninty which sees fit to charge you retards $100 for WWHD and TPHD
>>
>>329526992
>It's the most vague 'arrow' in gaming
It literally points exactly where you need to go, any game that has terrain has some shit to navigate so it isn't a total straight line.
>You can't even get lost in TP
You can't really get lost in SOTC either.
>And we're done
Obviously, since I called you out on the fact that you can't really qualify "muh atmosphere" in what amounts to a large green field. They're both pretty empty but TP at least has stuff going on in the overworld and not just at the destinations, whether you like it or not.
>You aren't even addressing how Okami also did the overworld better
Didn't like Okami for other reasons so I can't really comment, not that I need to we're talking about SOTC.
>>
>>329524373
No, it was overrated as fuck. WW was much more fun.

Only thing I liked was Hyrule Castle at the end and the fight against Ganon.
>>
>>329527316
>muh atmosphere
I get the sense that you're saying this without a hint of irony
>>
>>329527140
>standing on top of thing and looking around
I said meaningful use, anon. The only time it really makes a difference is the only part of the game that isn't filler, which is the boss battles and even then only a few times.
>>
>>329527316
Beyond atmosphere, both games totally embarrassed TP in terms of music

And Okami made it painfully clearly how bad the wolf gameplay was in TP
>>
>>329527392
I know, total artistic heresy, how dare someone point out the emperor has no clothes.
>>
>>329527419
>I said meaningful use, anon.
You climb the spires to fill out your map and get an unobstructed line of sight for your sword

And virtually every boss used height as a gameplay mechanic. You're speaking nonsense.
>>
>>329524654
I forgot about that song it made the trailer so good
>>
>>329527479
Yeah Okami did have better wolf combat but then again... that was the entire focus of the game rather than the side gimmick it was in TP so it makes sense that would be the case.
>>
>>329524551
This

I've played and beaten it a few times and I always forget the story until I play it again.
>>
>>329525430
I liked Phantom Hourglass more than TP.
>treasues
>Mini games
>Towns
>>
>>329527708
Yeah, TP really lacked a "main gimmick"

MM had the Groundhog Day cycle
WW had sailing
I got the feeling that wolf mode was supposed to be TP's, but they just fucked it up so badly that they tried to move away from it.
>>
>>329527708
>side gimmick
>wolf
>TP

You're fucking retarded, do you even play any of the games you talk about?
>>
>>329524373
Forgot any of the bosses areas and moments the only thing that sticks out if I think really hard is Midna and the end scene.
>>
>>329527592
I'm talking about the environment having useful heights in relation to the boss battles. Players don't need to stand on anything to find their way it was purely for screenshot value that anyone would bother, climbing was just tedious outside of climbing a colossus.
>>
>>329527859
It ended up being that way even if it took up a big chunk of the game which is why people complain about it. It was pretty gimmicky.
>>
>>329527998
You don't need to pragmatically justify every element of a game. Its a very pedantic way to look at things.

SotC use height and scale to evoke an atmosphere. Do you think people are lying to you when they say that the game made them feel a certain way?

It's the same way that WW evoking a strong atmoshpere with the sailing and finding new islands, despite the fact that the pragmatic elements of sailing itself were kind of dull.
>>
>>329528684
And TP had nothing in comparison. Its overworld was awful.
>>
>>329528684
>evoke an atmosphere
>made them feel a certain way
I'm looking at things "pedantically" because you're allowing emotions to overrule the basic facts of the matter. I liked the atmosphere in TP, but just saying the music and atmosphere worked for me isn't a very good argument when comparing the merits (or lack thereof) of the two games. I could also point out the sense of "discovery" in WW is totally shot once you realize how many of the islands are near-empty filler and it just turns into a big flat plane to cross repeatedly.
>>
>>329529204
TP didn't have any atmosphere and you're saying SOTC didn't.

You're shitposting.
>>
>>329529353
SOTC didn't have any atmosphere TP didn't.

You're shitposting.
>>
File: RVL_ZeldaSS_08ss08_E3.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
RVL_ZeldaSS_08ss08_E3.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>people complain about tears of light
>people complain about tadtones
Tears of light were 5 minutes each, and maybe the tadtones took you 10. They just seem like such small things to show up in so many complaints about these games, especially when there are much more important things you could talk about.

The problem with TP was all the other wolf parts, like the stupid 'kill the last two monsters with midna's circle attack' thing you did a dozen plus times and going back to Hyrule Castle as a wolf.

Skyward Sword is better than Twilight Princess or Wind Waker.
>>
>>329524842
I had to force myself to finish SS.

At least TP got fun toward the end.

No.

SS was shit, no questions asked.
>>
>>329524373
>le ebin every zelda game after n64 is shit meme
I liked it, would rate it a solid 8.8/10
>>
>>329530182
I actually barely saw complaints about tears of lights, I personally thought they were pretty neat (a little boring on repeat playthroughs but nothing too bad). Kind of an odd thing to "fix."
>>
>>329532834
>they were pretty neat (a little boring on repeat playthroughs but nothing too bad)
That's a pretty good descriptor of the whole game for me. I really enjoyed it the first time and I liked it the second time after not playing for a while, but I don't see myself getting the HD version again. There's a lot of shit I just don't feel like doing again.
>>
>>329532748
It's not shit. It's just underwhelming.

SS is shit though.

There was indeed a drop in quality after the N64 though:
>WW had cut content to meet deadlines and it was replaced with filler quests
>TP had flawed design, lacked identity trying to mimic OoT success, and didn't capitalize on its core mechanic: the Wolf
>SS had forced tutorials, linear design, decreased difficulty, and forced gimmicky motion controls that ruined the combat just to name a few.

Handheld Zeldas tell a different story, since the Capcom Zeldas are great, and the DS ones are trash. ALBW suffers from similar problems as TP and is incredibly mediocre as a result.
>>
>>329525725
Then stop. It's actually not necessary to clean your ears and when you do so you're probably just pushing wax deeper in so that it gets impacted.
>>
File: 1456958888169.jpg (1 MB, 2121x3000) Image search: [Google]
1456958888169.jpg
1 MB, 2121x3000
I liked it. It had the same feeling that Wind Waker gave me. Made me feel like a kid again going on an adventure. The graphics were great too. My girlfriend's son hates it so maybe its for older Zelda fans.
>>
>>329524373
I liked the graphics, the music, the gameplay improvements, the dungeons, and, back in middle school when it first came out, even the story. If I'm being honest, I still like the story even if it's shit because this was my favorite game for the longest time.
>>
>>329534407
>that ass

HAHAH
>>
>>329534268
>SS
>ruined the combat
Get out.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.