[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these the new yearly "CoD" games now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1200x650
Are these the new yearly "CoD" games now?
>>
>>329521376
No, but you should definitely kill yourself at the next available opportunity
>>
>>329521376
>are those games that dont release yearly the new yearly games?
>>
>>329521376
Even if they were there's nothing wrong with it since every title made so far have been great experiences.
And even if it's not a hot opinion on 4chan, I totally include DaS2 as a great experience.
>>
I find interesting how the poor reception of Dark Souls 2 along with Bloodborne being exclusive soured /v/'s opinion about the series, allowing the shitposters and the people who hate the series to come out of the woodwork and create threads like this one.
>>
>>329521376
I wish
>>
File: 5544564567.jpg (19 KB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
5544564567.jpg
19 KB, 350x251
Armored Core - 1997
Armored Core: Project Phantasma - 1998
Armored Core: Master of Arena - 1999
Armored Core 2 - 2000
Armored Core 2: Another Age - 2001
Armored Core 3 - 2002
Armored Core: Silent Line - 2003
Armored Core: Nexus - 2004
Armored Core: Formula Front - 2004
Armored Core: Nine Breaker - 2004
Armored Core: Last Raven - 2005
Armored Core 4 - 2006
Armored Core: For Answer - 2008
Armored Core V - 2012
Armored Core: Verdict Day - 2013

All of these games are the same shit except the robots were a little faster in the newer ones. Compare that to:

Demons Souls - 2009
Dark Souls - 2011
Dark Souls 2 - 2014
Bloodborne - 2015 (very different aesthetic from the other titles)
Dark Souls 3 - 2016 (said to be the last one in the series)

>oh my god From is milking Souls games guys please fuck my face
>>
>>329522271
I am a fan of the series and enjoyed all of the games (though 2 disappointed me) but I feel like I've probably had enough with this one coming out. I want From to try some different stuff that departs more from the Souls formula.
>>
Since Miyazaki said he wanted to work on a scifi/future themed game I wonder if it woudl be

CYBERPUNK SOULS
>>
File: 1431726512646.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431726512646.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>329521376
Yes.

Although CoD has a great framerate, better graphics and is generally more polished.

Hell, CoD even does more new things every time, you can even climb and dive. Souls still plays like a PS2 game.
>>
>>329522787
I never realized that From made so many Armored Core games. I only played Master of Arena; I remember liking it a lot, but I never played another one.

>>329522078
DaS2 was alright. A lot of dumb decisions throughout but it's definitely a 7/10 for me. It's just really fucking disappointing in comparison to the rest of the series, which have been consistent 9/10 games.
>>
>>329522787
But people are getting sick of Souls and cant get enough of AC.

>Bloodborne - 2015 (very different aesthetic from the other titles)
CoD ghosts and Advanced Warfare had different aesthetics.
>>
>>329521376
No.
>>
>>329521376
Do some fucking research before you post holy shit. Fuckers like you bring down the community.
>>
>>329523421
this is most certainly bait

3/10 made me wonder
>>
>>329522787
>2014
>2015
>2016
>five games in 7 years
>>
>>329523463
>>329522787

Yeah, having a different aesthetic doesn't mean much if the gameplay is as similar as it is in Bloodborne. The changes they made to the gameplay suit the game really well but at its core it's the same kind of game and will wear out its welcome with lack of substantial innovation.
>>
>>329523382
I like it. It could play similar to Bloodborne but I'd like to see a much greater variety in firearms and more emphasis on elemental weapons.

I just want Souls to go past the middle ages and give me something really different. Bloodborne was a great step in the right direction but I want it to go further than that. Something modern, futuristic, or post-apocalyptic.
>>
>>329523463
>But people are getting sick of Souls and cant get enough of AC

/v/ will believe anything they want at this point
>>
I'd rather they make more games with new settings and themes that share common gameplay elements.

Getting stuck on Dark Souls was a mistake.
>>
>>329523421

Huh, hitboxes were that bad in Bloodborne?

It was a pretty solid game and I enjoyed it. But alot of people keep saying it's the best "souls" game. There's barely any replay value, some shit has been streamlined. PVP is fucking shit. I replayed DeS/DaS so many times with different builds and had a good time pvping but I haven't been able to do that at all in Bloodborne.

At least the combat is nice I guess.
>>
No.

If you think so, you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>329523421
I feel bad for whoever was playing in that webm. I've put over 200 hours in Bloodborne and I've never seen the hitboxes get that fucking bad. The Watchdog of the Old Lords can be questionable at times but that webm is just unforgivable.
>>
>>329523794
I think they had a contract with Namco after leaving their partnership with Sony which is the reason why Dark Souls got any sequels at all. Basically From were obliged to make more Dark Souls, and after this game they aren't anymore. That's why Miyazaki said 3 is the last game, though Namco might get some other studio to make a game with the IP afterwards.
>>
>instead of seeing more aspects of the world or the many different eras in its history the series got stuck on "muh fire" for every game
>>
>>329523697
>Modern Warfare 2 and Demon's Souls came out in the same year
>since then we've had seven Call of Duty games and five Soulsborne games, including those two

Wow.
>>
I love when people doon't know shit then make dumb threads like this

>"I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future...Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software."
>>
>>329522787
>Bloodborne is different guys
>DaS3 is literally Bloodborne with armor
>>
>>329523838
Agreed. Bloodborne is excellent but the streamlined stats and removal of weight killed a lot of replay value and build variety for me as well. If it wasn't for co-op my brother (it's the first souls game he's gotten into) I probably wouldn't have played it for as long as I have.

I do enjoy the PvP though, but that's mainly because Dark and Demon's Souls had ridiculous lag. DaS2 PvP was alright but there were too many ridiculous players with instant-one shot magic spells that I couldn't figure out how to get around.
>>
>>329524073
Kojima wanted MGS to end at 2 and Jay Z retired on 2003.
>>
>>329523838
I have almost 150 hours in bb, honestly never seen the hitbox be that bad, and I fight those guys all the time. Guess it's rare
>>
>>329523838
All Souls game have bad hitbox.
The only reason why its more noticeable in DaS2 is because of the small stock i-frame you get early on.
>>
>>329524386
Kojima isn't the president for Konami
>>
>>329524443

He was the vice president and still got fucked constantly.
>>
File: surprised.gif (1 MB, 300x238) Image search: [Google]
surprised.gif
1 MB, 300x238
Still no story explanation, very fucking vague. Every last bit of the story/lore is fanmade and everyone believes that "vati vidya" guy knows his shit. Not even an official story was released and fans keep swearing up and down that they know what the fuck they're talking about. I remember all the "Dark Souls explained" youtube videos were they ALL said the dragon in darksouls 2 is the kings brother transformed, then the DLC comes out and it turns out that it's not....lol. Same graphics, same animations, recycled (or VERY similar) enemies/NPC's. Fuck this, Dark souls=COD, Ass Creed, every year a "new" game. Enjoy your hot plate of .. what ever the fuck this is... mommy's leftover's? lol
>>
>>329522787
>Dark Souls 3 - 2016 (said to be the last one in the series)
Wasn't it comfirmed that it ISN'T the last one?
http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-isnt-the-last-in-the-series-but-is-a-turning-point/
>>
>>329522787
GET OFF IT GET OFF IT GET OFF IT
>>
I really enjoyed DeS, DaS, and even DaS II.

But I couldn't get into Bloodborne.

Something about the too spooky for you werewolf shit really turned me off.

I haven't been hype at all for Das3 except for today when I decided "sure I'll buy it"

If Bloodborne had never come out I'd be hype as fuck.

I really really really did not enjoy Bloodborne at all.

Hoping to see DaS3 return to DeS and DaS rather than feeling like Bloodborne 2 with Medieval armor.

I'm going to buy DaS3 for PC even though I've gotten every game on a sony system just to get away from feeling like its Bloodborne.

GOOD GOD have I mentioned how much I hated Bloodborne holy shit. I fucking hated it.
>>
>>329525629

Sounds like you haven't played the game at all.
>>
>>329525629
Im with you with BB but for different reasons, I simply couldn't stand the extreme speed and fast pace combat.
>>
>>329525951
He's probably just trying to stir another console war.
>>
>>329525629
>Bloodborne is le Werewolves

Never played the game. I love how Miyazaki made the game it's perfect own trap for nonplayers talking shit. You can always tell.
>>
>>329526513
>another console war
where have you been for the last 4 years?
>>
Honestly I'd play Souls games forever.
>>
>>329526718
I mean from literally 30 minutes ago, why would you assume I meant it as if it's big news that people argue over here?
>>
>>329523441
>DaS2 was alright. A lot of dumb decisions throughout but it's definitely a 7/10 for me. It's just really fucking disappointing in comparison to the rest of the series, which have been consistent 9/10 games.

the reason das hasn't delved to cod levels yet is because, as this poster stated, das 2 is probaly a 7/10, but i think bloodborne to be a 9/10.

if das3 turns out to be a 7/10 or a 5/10 level game then i will fully admit it's going the cod or asscreed route. but as far as i see it, they had one fuck up, learned from their mistakes, made a better game and are on track to make another one.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.