[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was your least favorite zelda? Cdi games don't count.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: spirit tracks.png (771 KB, 800x728) Image search: [Google]
spirit tracks.png
771 KB, 800x728
Which was your least favorite zelda? Cdi games don't count.
>>
Phantom Hourglass.
>>
>>329484606
Thats a close second for me I only enjoyed spirit tracks less because the music started to drive me insane.
>>
>>329484737
I enjoyed Spirit Tracks more just because you saw more places (forest, snow landscape...) besides that fucking sea from Hourglass.
Speaking of Spirit Tracks, the citadel was so fucking lame, It's so empty and small It's sad.
Fuck DS Zeldas.
>>
Twilight Princess.
>>
File: 1453739910757.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
1453739910757.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
>>329485262
>>
>>329485524
Twilight Princess was crap. Phantom Hourglass was admittedly worse, but not everyone had a DS.
>>
>>329484606
This is a good game.

>>329485262
>>329485670
If you played TP on Wii you don't have the right to call it the worst. OoT would go from best game to worst game ever too if you had to play it using text-based commands, which is the equivalent of playing TP on Wii.
>>
>>329484394
you posted it
>>
>>329484394
Ocarina of Time. It has best everything.
>>
Spirit Tracks > Phantom Hourglass > Skyward Sword
>>
Zelda 1.

The game has fine combat mechanics, but the lack of direction is completely bullshit. It may have worked in a time where a kid only had one game to play for a year, but that sure doesn't hold up now. But it just turns into Bush Burning Simulator, and god help you if you couldn't find the super candle that can be used more than fucking once.

Zelda II didn't have this problem, and it was a NES game. And in Zelda II, the NPCs actually gave you hints, like "Give this to Error" and everyone knows where he is. Compared to the "Grumble, grumble" bullshit on Zelda 1.
>>
>>329485884
I played it on GCN because that's what my preorder was for, and I agree with those two, it failed to live up to the hype on every level.
>>
Kinda torn between Minish Cap, Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks. All of them are still good tho

Twilight Princess gets worse every time I play it, but I still love it
>>
>>329489697
twilight princes reigns as the best fishing game i ever played, oh and theres a princess or something.
>>
>>329489865
I loved fishing too. Girl that owned that fishing place was pretty cute tbqh
>>
Oracle of Ages is the only Zelda game I can't finish
It's just so fucking boring and obtuse.
>>
File: coincidence-i-think-not.jpg (31 KB, 552x413) Image search: [Google]
coincidence-i-think-not.jpg
31 KB, 552x413
>>329489989
>says she only rides one boat with her boyfriend.
>boat you ride looks exactly the same.
>>
>>329489484
lol
>>
>>329484606
this

honestly spirit tracks has so much more soul than PH
>>
>>329491631
my only problems with spirit tracks was the soundtrack and alot of the stuff brought back from phantom hourglass.
>>
Spirit Tracks, absolutely.
I kind of enjoyed Phantom Hourglass.
>>
no one's said it yet?
skyward sword
by a huggggggggggee mile.
>stamina
>puzzle based enemies requiring the same sword tactics
>dowsing in general replacing based compass
>ONLY 3 AREAS
>endless fetch quests, even more than TP or WW
>characters look like transexuals or dreamworks characters
>forgettable soundtrack
>lackluster story, needed more info about how hyrule was founded, since its a prequel and all we got was master sword and impa backstory.

I did enjoy the phantom running segments, those were dope. and the final bosses were pretty good. but i doubt i'll ever replay it, even though i still have hero mode to do
>>
>>329484394
Spirit tracks is the only Zelda game I have ever not beaten. It's so boring and you move so slow on the train.
>>
>>329484394
Spirit Tracks was above average in my opinion.

>train mechanic was neat
>best Link/Zelda dynamic in the series
>interesting villain by Zelda standards
>not as much constant backtracking as in PH
>get to see the Hyrule that WW Link and Tetra founded, which is also one of the best interpretations of Hyrule in the series
>fuck you some of the touch screen stuff was fun and clever
>>
>>329491978
Phantom hourglass had good characters and some creative 4th wall breaking puzzles. I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets.
>>
Skyward Sword
>>
>>329492505
>the entire theme of wind waker was to let go of hyrule
>goes on to make a new kingdom called hyrule.
>>
>>329484394
did anyone else find the world structure of spirit tracks mad comfy

like finding some remote train station out at the ends of the map just had a nice feeling
>>
Are we forgetting this thing?
>>
>>329493283
its non canon
>>
>>329493381
Doesn't stop it from being shit.
>>
wind waker
>>
>>329484394
Phantom Hourglass
or
Twilight Princess, I mainly wasn't a fan of TP because it kind of bored me. It also felt like some wasted potential, because the Twilight Realm stuff never really improved after a point and the main field was lifeless.
>>
>>329493283
But anon, it's really fun to play with others.
>>
I liked Spirit Tracks.
Fucking around with ghostie Zelda was really cool and fun.
>>
>>329484394
Zelda 2, it's not a bad game. It just didn't tick my Zelda boxes. And for that I hated it so much.
>>
Probably Wind Waker. I'm all for exploration but the way it handled it was terrible, there were too few dungeons, and most of said dungeons were mediocre.
>>
>>329484394
I personally loved ST
>>
>>329484606
I tried to enjoy it, I really did, but there's just nothing appealing about it in the least.
>>
File: 1368139324951.jpg (213 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
1368139324951.jpg
213 KB, 746x746
>>329484737

>I only enjoyed spirit tracks less because the music started to drive me insane.

You must be fucking kidding, Phantom Hourglass's music was pure shit compared to Spirit Track.
>>
>>329492353
Me too, unless Triforce Heroes counts (simply because I haven't gotten around to it yet). I forced myself to finish Phantom Hourglass and hated every second of it. I tried to give ST a go. I really did. I'd rather scoop out my eyeballs with a rusty spoon than play either of those games again.
>>
>>329494264
Nah it wasn't that the soundtrack was bad it just never ended. That train theme got on my nerves later on because of its repetition.
>>
>>329494264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUzpYaxNIc
>>
Oracles, either of them. Don't know why, they just didn't click for me.
>>329492219
>no one's said it yet?
That's because Skyward Sword is the meme pick. In a series as long lasting as Zelda, there's bound to be more than one game that you don't like, and Skyward Sword doesn't foster much discussion because everything that could be said about it has been discussed ad nauseum. There's nothing more to say about it really.
>>
>>329484394
Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass.

Both dull shit games I forced myself to finish
>>
>>329495505
what made majora's mask so dull for you anon?
>>
>>329484394
Twilight Princess
>>
>>329484394
Ocarina of Time.

It literally had NO heart. Nothing about it was fun. It seemed like the only reason it was made was to make a profit, and nothing else.
>>
>>329495623
Shit dungeons
Shit boss fights
Shit final boss
Repetitive nature of the game
Tedious shit like depositing rupees before rewinding time
Majority of masks were just one time use items to get a heart piece
Giving you the bow so early in the game made combat trivial, you can just waste nearly every enemy in the game with the bow
Crying baby goron
>>
Skyward Sword

I actually liked Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, but the gimmicky mechanics of SS just got old after a while. I would've liked to finish it too, since it was alright besides that and the backtracking.
>>
>>329493381
Don't worry, anon. They FORCED it to be canon.
>>
Out of the half dozen that I actually completed, I liked Wind Waker the least. That's not even necessarily when compared to the rest. By it's own merit it just felt meh.
>>
>>329485087
Citadel was shit, but at least it wasn't that temple of time that you had to go completely through each time WITH a time limit. That shit fucking sucked.
>>
>>329496339
what? the director of the game literally says its noncanon
>>
File: LkimZRf.png (248 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
LkimZRf.png
248 KB, 500x376
>>329490160

I finished Ages. It was Seasons that lost me. I can't keep track of what I'm doing between four iterations of the same world.
>>
>>329484606
This
>>
>>329497256
He must have changed his mind then

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/triforce-heroes-place-in-the-zelda-timeline-reveal/1100-6431687/
>>
>>329484394
>Which was your least favorite zelda?
Zelda 2.

Skyward Sword is a close second, but that game had some really fun bits scattered among the really bad bits. Phantom Hourglass's controls and that damn temple you were forced to return to repeated was pretty bad as well, but at the worst parts weren't as bad as the other two.

I actually liked Spirit Tracks. Best Princess Zelda, some fun ideas, and firing cannonbombs and the landscape never got old.
>>
>>329498359
fuck now i actually have to play this trash
>>
>>329498824
And this is why.
>>
Train zelda
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.