[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky is $60
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: entitlement.png (109 KB, 816x649) Image search: [Google]
entitlement.png
109 KB, 816x649
Does /v/ agree with this?

I unironically do.
>>
They can charge whatever they want for their game. No matter the price I won't be buying it until they work out what the fuck you're actually supposed to do in the game other than walk/fly around.
>>
>shut up and pay what I think is an appropriate price
>you are NOT allowed to make your own value decisions on what to buy

If I want the thing and think it's worth the price. I'll buy the thing. If I want the thing but think it's not worth the price, I'll wait till it comes down in price. Fuck you for telling me I'm not allowed to make choices.
>>
>>329449049
/thread
>>
>launch prices
>relevant
Stop being manipulated by hype and wait. You have tons of shit to play in the meantime.
>>
Is that from an article? What a poorly written piece of shit, even if you ignore the argument they were trying to make.
>>
>>329448421

I wouldn't pay 60 because it looks like trash.
>>
>who amongst you band of feckless, season-pass and collector's-edition addled consumers

Jesus, who would try to make a point like this? It's nearly the exact same argument that he doesn't like in reverse. So much wrong with it.
>>
>>329449049
Being walking simulator is enough to be considered a game these days.
>>
>>329448421
Why can't these retarded bloggers make a point in one coherent sentence instead of writing three paragraphs describing their experience of how they came up with their opinion.
>>
>>329449331
I think it's because they try so hard to sound like an intelligent writer. It's just like a little kid trying to sound mature.
>>
>>329448421
>Consumers are not allowed to choose what they will and will not pay
>>
It's way too early to tell if it will be worth 60 bucks.

I bet no however, this looks like another Spore. It's just way too up in the sky, no pun intended.
>>
>>329448421
>PAY GOY

and ill whisper back "nah"
>>
Oh boy I can't wait to be called entitled for not buying the next $60 walking simulator.
>>
>>329449582
They need to pad out their piece with theatrics because the actual opinion can be conveyed in a sentence or two.
>>
>>329449582
Gotta get them journalism awards somehow.
>>
>>329448421
>who amongst you band of feckless, season-pass and collector's-edition addled consumers decides which companies gets to charge The Dollars
All of us, that's how the free market works
>>
File: mudslime mudslide.jpg (65 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
mudslime mudslide.jpg
65 KB, 534x401
>>329448421
I agree with it entirely. People who are disgustingly stupid enough to buy into "muh infinite _____" designs do not deserve currency. Its worth 15$, maybe 20 if they make some sort of X type space jew features.

People who buy these games believe in skyrims "infinite quests". They're gullible faggots with no real grasp on how and why these kind of mechanics are awful.

Fuck each and every person who is going to buy this trash for 60$, you deserve it.
>>
ITT: entitled kids
>>
>>329450978
>I don't know how to assess the value of a product and have no concept of price per quality/quantity
>Better call others entitled since i have no standards!
Want this cup of water? Only $2.50. Don't be so god damned entitled you god damned double nigger

You're a joke, stay mediocre and stay poor.
>>
You whine about gamers being entitled, but then turn around and act like entitled little shits when no one buys your game. 'Oh those filthy pirates, oh those filthy thieves who wait for sales or buy used, why didnt you give us the $60 + tax + season pass + DLC we CLEARLY deserved, why so ENTITLED?'

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>329448421
What website is this article from so I can add it to my block list?
>>
>>329448421
People are just feeling burned from Firewatch's non-ending
>>
>>329448421
Yes of course we agree with that. It's fucking retarded to say that indie games have an arbitrary value that is less than a game made by a large studio.

>>329449203
He's telling you that saying No Man's Sky is only worth $15 because it's an indie game is retarded. Learn to read.
>>
>>329453058
>>329451415
>>329450978
>>329450143
>>329449836
>>329449680
>>329449627
>I don't know how to read
>>329449331
c'est la vie
>>
>>329448421
It's the developer's or publisher's choice to decide what price to affix to a product.

It's the customer's choice wether or not they're willing to accept that price.

We'll know soon enough if it's the right decision to charge $60 for it or not.
>>
If they believe the game's content justifies the price then yes, I don't even see the issue

Will I pay that much? Not until I find out what the game even fucking is cause so far it seems like boring randomly generated worlds
>>
>>329448421
Undertale was $10 and everyone pirated the game anyway for whatever arbitrary made up reason. There's no logic to any debate or discussion on this board because not a single person is willing to admit they are wrong or adjust their perspective.
>>
File: 1447212517665.jpg (181 KB, 500x634) Image search: [Google]
1447212517665.jpg
181 KB, 500x634
Considering how literally every single media has risen in price because of inflation EXCEPT videogames, the entitlement of the gaming audience is pretty astonishing.
>>
>>329448421
>Assassin's creed is indie, full priced and everyone buy it
>The Witcher is indie, full priced and everyone buy it
>No man's sky is indie, full price and no one wants to buy it
I don't know maybe, just maybe it's because that game is light years away from actual 60$ games
>>
>>329448421
LIME-AN-O
>>
>>329448421
I agree on the argument, not the price of NMS.
60 dollars will be too much.
>>
Is it a problem that he announces a game will be $60+DLC+Whatever else? Hell no. He made a pricing scheme.

The problem is that there is almost nothing about the game that is set in stone or would give us a reason to actually shell out that kind of money. I'm certainly not buying it unless this game goes through a MASSIVE rundown of all of its features. If the entirety of the game is literally "Space Simulator with a Filter: There are also sometimes other aliens", I have no reason to buy it. I can just masturbate to planets in Space Sim, which would inevitably run better and won't be cluttered with needless padding. If there are multi-planetary factions, an incentive to build or amass resources, actual diversity/variety in ships, and stable framework, I may consider it.
>>
>>329454696
>everything was more expensive to create, distribute, and program for
gee i wonder why it cost more money
>>
>>329454837
>>Assassin's creed is indie,
wat
>>
>>329454837
>Assassin's creed is indie

did i just have a stroke or did you actually post that
>>
>>329448421
Considering what No Man's Sky is I would out my max price at around 40 dollars. You can charge as much as you like, fa m
>>
>>329455121
If it's not indie then what is it?
Game is made by Ubisoft and published by Ubisoft
>>
>>329455121
He means that it is independently published, as in with no 3rd party publisher. Ubisoft is the maker and the publisher. This is what Indie means. Whether he is right or not is another thing, but people tend to associate Indie with pixels, beards, and "retro" styles. That is not the case.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.