[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well it looks like Microsoft is starting to leave the console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: xbox-one.png (131 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one.png
131 KB, 620x348
Well it looks like Microsoft is starting to leave the console market. What will you do when its just a one pony race with Sony?
>>
>>329359350
PC and Nintendo, of course.
>>
>>329359445

NX is a portable with tv out.
>>
>>329359445
Thread ended here
>>
>>329359507
It's supposed to be a console too. We'll see.
>>
I feel like pc, Nintendo and Sony only really mattered to begin with
>>
Continue playing on PC like I have been since halfway through the 360s lifespan and I got bored of consoles.
>>
>>329359709
nintendo only mattered when they weren't making gimmick consoles. their last good console was the gamecube.
>>
>>329359445
PC always, nintendo is still up in the air, if the NX is as trash as their last 2 consoles, I'll be content to continue ignoring Nintendo.
>>
>>329359803
You mispelled N64, the GameCube had 2 maaaaybe 4 games in it worth anything, half of which were hi st rehashes of good N64 games
>>
>>329359350
turning xbox into upgradable microsoft steam machines
>>
>>329359912
The Wii U is so unfairly underrated it hurts.
>>
>mfw collaging all these claims for when sony announces they too will upgrade their consoles
>>
>>329360023
Yeah but steam machines are stupid, why would an Xbox version of the same concept be worth anything?
>>
>MS wants to have their games on Windows 10 as well as Xbone
>ITS OVER MICROSOFT IS QUITTING
Why do I have this dumb shit everyday
>>
File: 1454790709349.jpg (52 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1454790709349.jpg
52 KB, 453x604
>>329360046
Nah man, the wii u is trash. Just because you bought one and want it to be good doesn't make it so.
>>
>>329360232
Funny shit is that no one wants their games on windows either because you have to buy them all from the shitty ass Microsoft store.
>>
>>329360147

Do you really have to ask such an obvious question

Valve is worth nothing next to MS atm

They couldn't make their own set hardware with steam machines or even support it

They allowed vendors to overprice their hardware a bit and shill shit cpus and gpus

SteamOS can't run most new games you know the one's casuals care about like gta v for example

SteamOS runs games worse than windows and couple with unsupported hardware from people like alienware it's a mess

Valve cannot afford marketing for the steambox and place ads all over magazines, tv and billboards like ms can

Here we have MS ready with dx12, ready with windows which runs all games and able to make their own boxes that they can support and upgrade in the future. Not to mention market them to casuals with fifa and the like

The last and most important factor is MS still makes GAMES to hype their machines with. Valve makes nothing. Not that I blame them they are likely worth less than 10 bill while ms is over 300 bil
>>
>>329360235
Just because you didn't bought one doesn't mean you can call it trash. It has a fantastic library of games you'll never enjoy, so keep being a retard.
>>
File: 1352234582080.gif (1 MB, 180x172) Image search: [Google]
1352234582080.gif
1 MB, 180x172
>>329360546
my roommate has one, he doesnt play it. and neither do I even though we share eachothers games.

its shit bro.
>>
>>329360046
The hardware and games are overpriced though. Ninty artificially inflates value in their games by limiting stock and never lowering the price. Their shit gets MORE expensive with time and it's not THAT good.
>>
>>329360701
You both have shit taste then.
>>
>>329360858
naw it just doesnt have any good games. I loved the Wii, WiiU is shit and you guys try too hard to believe that its good

>PC+NINTENDO MASTER RACE GUYZ

nah fuck off stop trying to piggy back with pc because your system is shit. I dont fanboy a console because im an autist. i just follow wherever the fun games are regardless of company.

i really hope the NX doesnt fail
>>
Probably continue to play mostly handhelds like I have for the past 4 or so years, though that might be less savory in the near future what with Sony actively hating the Vita. At least some third parties like it, though. Really though I've been disillusioned with consoles for a while now and MS has never had any bearing on my life so I don't think much would change for me.
>>
>>329361036
>I loved the Wii, WiiU is shit
You are a very strange individual.
>>
>>329361036

The NX will be more powerful than the ps4 and displace sony

SONY WILL LITERALLY BE BEGGING ON THE STREETS AFTER THIS

>>329361128

Not him but I have both and Wii was definitely better if you got over how the Wiimote was an unusual controller. WiiU's got some decent games but I'd say it's their worst to date, not as good as their last 3 let alone their first 2.
>>
>>329360046
No, it's rated badly because it's trash. Sales say so, critical review says so, googling why it's a less powerful system says so, market share says so, number of third party developers says so, number of multiplats not hitting it at all says so. You are delusional.
>>
Xbone is doing fine. The whole console market has grown enormously, so even though their share is down, the total numbers are up.
>>
>>329362263
Do you think that total numbers mean more than share, speaking economically?
>>
File: 1454805693244.jpg (172 KB, 1028x963) Image search: [Google]
1454805693244.jpg
172 KB, 1028x963
>>329360546
>>329360858
>Being this salty
Sorry that you bought a shit system with no games, you are one of the only people I have seen since the launch of the wii u that tries to defend the wii u, you must be too young to remember when Nintendo actually made consoles with good games, hell I'll give nintendo the handheld market in a second (granted they had to go basically unopposed to get there, but hey they've got the market regardless) but they haven't been a competitor in consoles for years now and the wii u their worst console since they started going downhill. Just accept it.
>>
File: 1447025685579.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1447025685579.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>329361203
I really doubt this is true, but I truly hope you are right, they will never throw Sony out since Nintendo is basically just abandoning their current console, which is pretty sad (granted that the bone and ps4 are already showing their age as well) seems more like they are playing catch up rather then getting ahead anywhere though, you're making an awwwwful lot of assumptions about the NX though, basically everything we "know" is just rumor and speculation.
>>
>>329363484
>which is pretty sad (granted that the bone and ps4 are already showing their age as well) seems more like they are playing catch up rather then getting ahead anywhere

Bone is upgrading their ones soon likely offer the current users a choice. So it won't be playing catch up. Sony on the other hand is in an interesting position.
>>
File: IMG_3113.png (839 KB, 746x979) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3113.png
839 KB, 746x979
>>329359709
Nintendo stopped mattering when they got rid of the best developer that they ever had.
>>
>>329363648
I don't think Microsoft's plan for the bone will work, I think Sony and MS both need to admit to themselves what Nintendo already has, that their consoles hardware just aren't keeping up with modern games. Granted they aren't having as severe an issue with it as nintendo, but it's still there, and I think they just need to admit that this gen is going to be a short one, and move forward.
>>
>>329359350
>MS is leaving the console market

They aren't halting the development of any hardware you fucking idiot, theyre redefining what a console is and not pissing about with the traditional 'console gen' anymore.
>>
>>329359350
>>329359350
except they aren't and the traditional console itself is dying and being replaced with unified gaming devices
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.