[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>7th Dragon III Code: VDF looks like it could be one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 7thdragon3_150630_thumb.jpg (68 KB, 304x416) Image search: [Google]
7thdragon3_150630_thumb.jpg
68 KB, 304x416
>7th Dragon III Code: VDF looks like it could be one of the best RPGs for 3DS
>Sega actually localizing something this awesome
>Still nothing regarding EU release

How can Sega be so awesome and so frustrating at the same time?
>>
>>329353647
Just have to pirate it if they don't release it in European regions. Can't import it because Nintendo is shit
>>
>>329353647
Eh they're not that great. It's pretty lukewarm, and on the easy side.
>>
>>329353647
Being EU is suffering

And the market for this kind of game is there, but nobody cares.
>>
Whats the point in localizing the third game in a series when we wont get the first 2?
>>
>>329356010
You mean first three?
They're standalone anyway.
>>
>>329355571
Lukewarm? Do you have any first-hand experience about this, and can you share it?

For the material I've seen, I think this is one of the freshest things to ever happen with dungeon RPGs, I love all the different character classes and the graphical aesthetics are a joy to look at. Especially the animations. And the music sounds so good. And all the stuff you can do in the main area, all the skill learning and cat cafe and dates, it sounds incredibly fun and interesting.

And honestly, I don't really mind if it's on the easy side. I have other games to satisfy my need for challenge.
>>
>>329357182
>cat cafe
Hold the fuck up
I can have some comfy times in it?
>>
>>329357441
All I've managed to gather from the official site is that it's a place where you can heal your characters, and you can find some stray cats in dungeons to rescue and add them there. There are a bunch of screenshots of it, so I guess it acts as something more than a regular inn with nothing fancy in it.
>>
File: 1455827063471.jpg (6 KB, 233x103) Image search: [Google]
1455827063471.jpg
6 KB, 233x103
>>329357620
>and you can find some stray cats in dungeons to rescue and add them there
Holy shit, can you interact with them too?
Because that's something that got me really mad in XCX.
>>
>>329356010
It started at 3.

Just like how FF started at 7.
>>
http://games.sega.com/7thdragon/character/

So many possibilities
>>
>>329357182
There's nothing fresh about this game. It plays exactly like 2020 and 2020II. The dungeons are shallow as fuck and random encounters don't pose a threat, especially later on when you unlock a class that completely destroys them in one turn.
>>
I can only wait for so long, SEGA.
>>
File: pic_0021.jpg (57 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
pic_0021.jpg
57 KB, 480x272
>>329357182
If that date thing is anything like the other games, all you literally do is call one of you characters/NPCs and then they just shit there you get a voice clip
>>
>>329358208
What if I haven't played the earlier ones? I only remember wanting those games to be brought over but it never happened, so they were just part of the "would have loved to have these but I guess not" list.

>>329359028
Seeing how the official pages says that you can date pretty much anyone you want, I guess they won't be anything too special this time around as well. At least you get some dialogue and on later dates even some items, but I appreciate the actual possibility to go on dates in the game.
>>
>>329358118
I thought that was pretty cool, but now EOV completely shits on it. It does all of that plus there's now custom color palettes
>>
>>329359823
Good thing I'm excited for both, then.
>>
>>329356010
Does it matter when they're stand alone. All you really miss is the fact the it's actuall the 3rd time you get to kick the final boss's ass
>>
>>329353647
>EU release
considering how Project Mirai quickly got out of stock everywhere, I'd strongly suggest if EU release happens, grab it as soon as you can.
>>
>>329361952
If this game gets an EU retail release, I'll be getting it Day One, no questions asked.

Also, Ricedigital is currently selling Project Mirai with quite a fine price, if you (or any other one here who wants it) don't have it you might want to check it out. I have to wait for this month's money before I can buy it from there.
>>
File: 1431921714977.jpg (516 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1431921714977.jpg
516 KB, 900x675
If you haven't yet, I would recommend listening to that reddit podcast with Tom Kalinske , former SoA CEO. He really provides insight on how disconnected each branch is from each other.

Sorry Yuropoors, so many good games have been announced for america and you guys have been left in the dust. Better hack your 3DS while you still can.
>>
>>329362238
yeah, they somehow got in a stock recently, I ordered them ,but yet to receive. Shame they didn't offer tracking, or I missed that option when buying. I'm from Siberia, post here is slow
But around 2 months after release even they didn't have it in stock, I do remember checking that. Even checking Australia online stores. There was nothing at all PAL wise/
>>
>>329362960
Yeah, I remember the stocks running out from many places at the time of launch. At least now there are more copies around. Really hope that 7th Dragon gets a release here, too - it's so depressing to compare the Sega's US and EU Twitters and see how the latter is just hugely same-y stuff post after post with nothing else for 3DS mentioned than some classic system home themes. Sigh. Have tried to contact each branch but never got any reply from any of them.
>>
File: Capture.png (229 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
229 KB, 496x818
Oh shit.
sorry if this is late, I just heard of this
>>
>>329363984
was there an Sega game which had US physical release but didn't have EU one?
Also I'm still mad on them not releasing Puyo Puyo x Tetris for any system in the west.
>>
>>329364646
As far as I remember, I can't remember anything else from the top of my head for 3DS, other than the Sega Classics 3DS retail release, which has currently the same situation as 7th Dragon. On DS there was Sands of Destruction, which was Sega-published game and got a retail release in the US, but nothing in EU. But at least DS was region-free.

And yeah, not having Puyo Puyo Tetris here is a freaking crime. The closest thing we have is that minigame in Project Mirai.
>>
File: 1426390599464.jpg (265 KB, 1229x1925) Image search: [Google]
1426390599464.jpg
265 KB, 1229x1925
>>329359028
Wait, can girls date other girls?
>>
>>329365231
Yeah, anyone can date anyone.
>>
File: puyo-puto-quest.png (1 MB, 900x783) Image search: [Google]
puyo-puto-quest.png
1 MB, 900x783
>>329365153
Oh yeah, Sega Classics. I kinda hope it'll get some release even tho I have few games, ports just top notch.
Didn't knew about that DS one, will do some research, let's hope that won't be repeated.

I have PS3 ver of Puyo Puyo Tetris, but damn I'd love to have it on 3DS instead. PS3 d-pad sucks balls and there aren't that many analogues.

but I guess Sega is too busy rebranding Puyo completely for mobile games
>>
what's the status of the fan translation of the psp game?
>>
so can i actually see the characters in this game or is it going to be like etrian odyssey?
>>
>dating
tell me more about this, /v/. is the game censored?
>>
>>329367126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR7tExBXty8
>>
>>329366279
Still ongoing and targeting a release by the end of the first quarter of this year
>>
>>329353925
If you have the ability to pirate, you definitely have the ability to play physical games region free
>>
>>329359823
>plus there's now custom color palettes
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
>>329356010
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2176/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.