[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the last good Ubisoft game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
Was this the last good Ubisoft game?
>>
>>329350786
Dark Mesisah.
Although it was only published by them.
>>
Prince of Persia.

Not the cartoony one
>>
People keep saying AssCreed 4 was good. I wouldn't know, that shit bored me to tears.
>>
Prince of Persia.
The cartoony one.
>>
Blacklist was really dumbed down but i enjoyed it.
Most other games since CT have sucked tho.
>>
First Assassins Creed was the doom of Ubisoft
>>
>>329350842
To add to this, that's the point where Ubi died for me due to not allowing Arkane to release the finished SDK for it.
We could have had some fantastic mods for DM.
And then of course the fuckery with multiple versions of SC Double agent, where the PC/7th gen version got butchered beyond repair, gamebreaking bugs, missing levels, shitty mechanics, changed story.
All that because they wanted to save some money by outsourcing it to cheap labour.
>>
>>329350927
That shit honestly got a lot more hate than it deserved. The ending was 100% bullshit and the combat was godawful, but it looked great and the platforming wasn't intolerable. A solid 7/10 if there ever was one.
>>
>>329350786
I've got this on steam, I've installed it, and have played the first level, but I'm not really feeling it. Something about it is annoying, and it's not grabbing me the way MGS2 did.
Should I persevere?
>>
no, that was the first shit Ubisoft game, because it was consolised to shit.

Pandora Tomorrow is the last truly 10 out of 10
>>
>>329351269
You're right on all accounts.
>>
>>329351325
It's the greatest stealth game ever made, even though the lighting mechanics aren't very realistic.
Why did it not grab you? I think in terms of stealth gameplay it offers a lot more than any MGS title.
>>
>>329351458
not sure, maybe it's because i'm not usually a pc gamer and using K&M for third person feels jarring
>>
>>329351325
Well, for me, the game 'clicked' from the very first level. So that's already a warning sign that you may not enjoy the rest of the game.

To make matters worse, the following two levels are actually pretty bad. The game picks up after that, but I'm not sure if I should tell you yo persevere, in case you won't like what comes next, either.

So my advice is this. Put the game away for a week or so, then see if there's any inkling inside your head to try the game out one more time. Maybe you'll enjoy it more then.
>>
>>329351325
>like mgs2 did

they are 2 very different games. i hate how those 2 series are compared just because they are both stealth games.

one is silly and over the top fun
the other is slow paced and involves surveying the area and planning.

really the only thing they have in common is that they are both good series, and you can crouch behind things to hide.
>>
>>329351602
Can't you just hook up a gamepad?
>>
not really a game but rocksmith 2014
>>
>>329351647
>The following two levels are pretty bad

What the fuck are you talking about?
The Cargo Ship level is literally the greatest level in the game.
>>
>>329351834
No, it's quite literary the worst.
The best is bank.
>>
>>329351834
>>329351903
Weird way to spell Hokkaido, or Bath House, or Seoul
>>
>>329350786
Asscreed 4 is the last good ubisoft game, it has a pretty good open world, a story that isnt terrible, the best ac protagonist, the assassin stuff is serviceable, and boat combat and being a pirate were pretty good elements, it might not be great, but a lot of the optional activities allow for a lot of content and playtime. Its not a masterpiece, but it's pretty fun. I would give an honorable mention to far cry 4, because it's pretty good as a fps, even if everything else is derivative, it's still pretty fun
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (28 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
28 KB, 700x525
>this scene
>>
>>329352174
But Far Cry 4 is mostly just a re-skinned Far Cry 3. Would you not agree that FC3 is the better game?
>>
>>329351742
Never played it, does it do anything interesting besides being guitar hero with a real guitar?
>>
>>329352191
I remember i had the game on GameCube and i replayed Hokkaido many, many times

Chaos Theory is actually one of the few Single Player games where i played the different levels a LOT of times, simply because there were so many fun ways to approach the guards, and it was also the first game ever that i played that had ragdoll in it, so i fucked around with throwing guards off of high places and what not.
>>
rayman 2
>>
>>329352174
>honorable mention to far cry 4
>literally just a far cry 3 rehash
>>
REMINDER THAT GEN 6 DOUBLE AGENT IS THE BEST OF THE SERIES
>>
>>329352658
OMG WHY ARE YOUR LETTERS SO BIG AND MUSCULAR
>>
I missed out on chaos theory for many many years. I did get around to finishing it not too long ago. Ver y very charming game. Especially because of the dialogue. I tried blacklist but could only get through like three main missions. It just lacks the corniness, leaving behind a bland image.
>>
>>329352287
Im actually not sure, 4 is definitely a reskin of 3, but the little things like wingsuits, and elephant riding are pretty fun, but 3 has the advantages of a better story and the flamethrower mission as the most unique mission in both games, I got a lot out of both games because I just like to shoot things so they're kind of the same in my eyes, but you could argue that 3 gets more points for not being as derivative, or that 4 gets more points for being prettier
>>
>>329352658
WHY
EXPLAIN YOURSELF
>>
>>329351269
I have nothing against platforming or ending in PoP'08, but what they did to combat was inexcusable. They've changed from a free-flowing combat system to a basically set of QTEs.
>>
>>329352596
You're not wrong, but since they're really similar, I had a lot of fun with both, even if it was really just the same experience again, only prettier and with a few (albeit essentially meaningless) added mechanics
>>
>>329352765
My problem with Far Cry 4 is because Pagan Min seemed like a chill guy, not really antagonist material. Unlike in Far Cry 3, where I never wanted to join the crazy antagonist or his boss.
>>
>>329352770
REFINEMENT OF CHAOS THEROY'S MECHANICS, VARIED LOCATIONS, INTERESTING PLOT, NOT CASUALISED.
>>
>>329351602
KB and M is best for shooters. wtf you on about?
>>
>>329352765
the problem with FC4 is that you see the true ending in the first 15 minutes of the game. i just couldn't find incentive to keep playing the game after watching it
>>
>>329351602
I got one of those steam controllers and it works great with chaos theory surprisingly
>>
>>329352940
I actually liked that, since the antagonist seemed more conniving and sympathetic, and therefore more of a threat, even more so since he's in charge of a country
>>
>>329353043
That's a valid complaint, I just saw it as a bonus extra piece of fluff, rather than the intended conclusion
>>
>>329350892
It was accidentally good, they made a pirate game instead of an assassin's creed game and it was generally well received. Then they continued with assassins in unity and wonder why it was disliked.
>>
File: 1427928642584.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1427928642584.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>>329352892
So be thankful there was so little combat in the game.
I honestly believe the devs started out on making a very quiet and atmospheric exploration game (with some big boss fights thrown in SotC-style), but then were forced to just kinda shove some generic enemies in there at the last minute because the marketing department forced them to.
>>
>>329350786
>There are more Splinter Cell games in the series that aren't stealth games than there are ones that are stealth
>>
>>329353375
This actually sounds very plausible
>>
>>329350786
This was my 1st triple A video-game. Back then it actually meant they were good.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.