[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you guys think NMS will live up to the hype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
do you guys think NMS will live up to the hype?
>>
>>329332109
but even if it lives up to half the hype it will still be good, im hoping its decent atleast
>>
People are hyped for this?
>>
>>329332092
Why do you ask questions like this? Do you enjoy getting hurt?
>>
I still don't know what you're supposed to do in this game
>>
>>329332185
>getting hurt on this site
>>
Yes, it will also give me high fives and blowjobs
>>
I think it'll live up to the things they've shown, but the catch is that there is nothing else to the game other than what they've shown.
>>
>>329332092
>hype
Is there any left?
>>
>>329332339
i still think it will be a good experience, im gunna try it out at least. im not expecting a fantastic game but it looks interesting to me
>>
>>329332092
dunno, but I hope so.
Game sure looks cool.
>>
>see trailer
>see caves
>collecting materials
>think about building a dank-ass cave fort with integrated hangar into the hill and shit
>"planets will reset after you leave them"

D-D-DROPPED
>>
>>329332514
planets are reset after leaving? aw fuck i never heard this
>>
Stop hyping. It will not live up to it if you're gonna hype it to death.

NMS will be an experimental game with a good unlimited procedural world generation and that's all there's to it. As a game it will not deliver, simply because it isn't a traditional game. It will provide resources for other companies to create 'real' games.
>>
>>329332514
>"planets will reset after you leave them"
if this is true what's the fucking point of building then?
>>
yes, there's not really any hype anymore so...

People who care will get exactly what they were expecting to, and those who just get hyped by the marketing left.
>>
Does this game even have a fucking release date yet? They fucking killed their own game by delaying it so long. Those hyped from the marketing have forgotten about it and those hyped from the few scraps of news we've gotten in the last two years will be sorely disappointed after this horrendous wait.

The production of this game is a cautionary tale on how to ruin your own game.
>>
>>329332602

They might have just figured that if you're trying to reach the center of the universe, you won't be visiting old planets much. They likely do it as a way to save space, but considering how they generate everything else, saving your world as a key and regenerating it upon re-entry wouldn't be so hard. Lazy mother fuckers I guess?
>>
What hype? I don't see anything other than the constant /v/ shill threads
>>
but

what do you do
>>
>>329332902
>Does this game even have a fucking release date yet?
Yes.

https://twitter.com/nmscountdown

I think the game will live up to what it promised, not what people thinks it did.
>>
File: NMS Environment Variety.jpg (1 MB, 1278x3600) Image search: [Google]
NMS Environment Variety.jpg
1 MB, 1278x3600
>>329332092

yeah
>>
>>329332092
>harvest thing
>sell it
>repeat until you get a better ship
>now you can fly to another planet and do it all again

No.
>>
File: NMS Fauna Variety.jpg (818 KB, 1278x2160) Image search: [Google]
NMS Fauna Variety.jpg
818 KB, 1278x2160
>>329333017
>>
File: NMS planet variety updated.png (4 MB, 554x3078) Image search: [Google]
NMS planet variety updated.png
4 MB, 554x3078
>>329333017
>posting old version
>>
>>329332986

>Still 90 more days

Fucking hell they should have just waited until E3 this year for the reveal. The problem with such a long wait is that idiots on the Internet keep hyping up the game more and more, saying the developers made promises they clearly didn't.

This inevitably happens to any hyped game that takes too long from its announcement to be released. This is part of the reason people on /v/ are usually disappointed. It will happen for this too. This is how the game has already killed itself.
>>
>>329332092
Is this coming to PC?
>>
>>329332514
>>329332560
>>329332602
>>329332930
what

fucking dropped
>>
>>329332602
>if this is true what's the fucking point of building then?
Building as in, the act ?

It's not in the game.
>>
>>329333103

fuck you i made it my hard work will never be forgotten
>>
>>329332602

its not minecraft you millennial nigger there is no building
>>
>>329332092
There's almost no hype tho.
They gave us too little too early, all hype I had for it has faded now and I'm just pondering what the actual GAME is going to be outside of the (kind of) pretty planets.
>>
>>329333524
>It has to be minecraft

No it has to have something to do. Also Ostracizing friends joining your game to explore together doesn't seem like a feature.
>>
>>329333707

>m-muh coop
>>
what the fuck is up with the graphics?
>>
>>329332092
Has anything ever?
>>
I'm just gonna wait till sony puts it on PS+ for "free", I'd say the chances are pretty high.
>>
>fly to planet
>scan creatures like they were bar codes
>get shot at by droids
>leave

That's pretty much it right?
>>
>>329333898
yeah, pretty sure they never pretended it was anything else either
>>
>>329333898

Yeah if you're a dipshit who doesn't know how to play games.
>>
>>329333952
I'm a dipshit who knows how to watch trailers.
>>
>>329333952
>you're playing it wrong!
>>
>>329333786
>I don't want to play games with friends
>w-who needs them!
>>
>>329332092
From how much as been shown of it, the ground game will be lame. Look around for ore and upgrades, pew pew those guardbots, get back to your ship.

The space stuff might be cool if they ever actually show something other than three second clips of shooting a hole in a rock or some ships jumping in view.
>>
>>329333997

>play jrpg by just selecting attack every time
>WOW THERES NO DEPTH TO THIS COMBAT

That's you.
>>
>>329334094

They've already showed dogfights faggot.
>>
>>329332092
Procedural monotony.
>>
>>329332092
What hype?
>>
My hopes don't go beyond anything other than being a playable screensaver. But if that shits 60 bucks then you can forget it.
>>
>>329334034
>Games should be multiplayers

Then why don't you go play Star Citizen or Elite ? Sound like they're what you're looking for.
>>
>>329332092

>being hyped for No Man's Content
>>
>>329334360
>Thinking I said all game have to be multiplayer
Not the point, considering the vast size of this game, it is needed. Especially when it invovles "exploring" you would get bored quickly.

A giant game probably similar size to a regular country and you won't get bored as a single player unless you're those hardcore explorer's or force yourself.
>>
File: 1451336072680.jpg (16 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1451336072680.jpg
16 KB, 500x374
>>329333103
Look at all these varied locations where there's nothing to do!
>>
>hype
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.