[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it okay for arc systems works to release $60 expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
why is it okay for arc systems works to release $60 expansion but crucify capcom for releasing a $15 expansion?
>>
>>329303784
Because they're hypocrites
>>
casuals

SF is the bigger franchise, draws in casuals and they complain loudly

not the case for GG
fanbase is already used to being fucked and these kind of practices keep casuals away so you hear less complaints
>>
>capcom
>gives you a discount if you own the previous games
>adds balance updates
>adds at least 4 characters every time
>everyone gets the update at the same time

>arcsys
>no discount, buy a new disc bitch
>no balance update
>2 new characters to start with, the rest slowly come out and some are even further paid content
>japan gets it in arcades a year and a half before anyone else even touches it

and yet capcom is the bad guy.
>>
>>329303784
Because an Arcsys "expansion" has:
- Rebalance
- New characters that look and play completely differently
- New universal mechanics
- New moves
- New stages
- New music tracks
- New opening
- New HUD
- New menus
- New character select
- New character select art
- New arcade cutscenes for every characters
- New story mode
- New lobby menu and lobby system

A SFIV expansion has:
- Rebalance
- New universal mechanic
- New characters that use recycled assets
- New stages that use reused assets
- Arcade cutscenes for the new characters only

You get what you pay for
>>
>>329303784
They're sequels though. Iterative sequels, but sequels all the same.

And people do get pissed off at ASW for Blazblue Extends.
>>
Ah, I want to address the two anons' posts from an earlier thread

>>329299908
>>329300279
Those are good points, but considering most fighting games don't have crossplay(I believe currently only SFV has one), and the console version always has bigger community than the PC version, I think it's important to have at least one console when it comes to fighting games.Having a healthy userbase is very important in a competitive video games, fighting game included.
>>
Because GG is an actual good game.

The only thing arcsys gets shat on is for releasing BB.
>>
>>329305120
>menus
>hud

You mean shit that isn't even worth a dollar? Something an amateur could do in a day.
>>
>>329305271
[dickriding intensifies]
>>
>>329303784
Arc doesn't get a free pass though. Plenty complaints come every time they pull the full price for an updated version. But since fighting games is mostly about versus you basically have to get the new version or you can't play with others.

None of this excuses Capcom's jewing or the disaster SFV release was. Incompetence and bullshit from one is never an excuse for other companies.
>>
>>329305434
>I've never worked in gaming development
>>
>>329305434
New UI elements are important when fighting games are so iterative anyway, makes them feel like proper sequels.

If you can't be assed to do work that "an amateur could do in a day," then that's truly bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>329305434
Tell that to Capcom with SFV. They fucked up menus worse than I have ever seen in a fighting game.
>>
>>329305120
Actually, scratch this; updating to USF4 was 25$ at release. The only update that coster 15$ was Arcade Edition. And all Arcade Edition had was:
- Rebalance (That was fucking whack)
- 4 new characters (Made from recycled assets)
- Arcade cutscenes for those characters

No wonder it's so cheap
>>
>>329303784
People are hypocrites, anon. Just look at Splatoon. That piece of shit launched with as much features as a beta and Nintendo faggots defended it to the death.
>>
i usually wait for the pc version, which is like $20. and whatever the price the game, Ark sys games are much better than Crapcom
>>
>>329305271
>they didn't get shat on for battle fantasia
>they didn't get shat on for persona
>they didn't get shat on for overture

bb is like the only thing other than gg that anyone cares about from arcsys. at least, to the actual fgc and arcsys community and not dickriders who only post in gg threads for MUH METAL MUH BAIKEN MUH BRIDGET
>>
>>329306063
Capcom at least provided cross-play.
>>
>>329306247
>Capcom at least provided cross-play.
And PC gamers are shitting it up by being a bunch of cheaters.
>>
>>329306310
>Only cheater so far is tool assisted playing on console
Shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of shit
>>
>>329306247
true. i strongly believe all games should include crossplay. but the game itself is much better made
>>
>>329306397
>What is alt-tab
>>
>>329306397
>tool assisted

Finally a reason to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwHDBlFJSG4

Miek Russ pls
>>
>>329303784
story mode.
>>
File: 1456787799856.webm (632 KB, 416x204) Image search: [Google]
1456787799856.webm
632 KB, 416x204
>>329303784

Except it isn't getting a free pass? People have been bitching on any ASW game despite them not taking it seriously even though ASW recently has the decency to give you

6-7 new characters on release
New mechanics
New soundtrack and story mode
Decent online

Unless you live in EU of course in which case you are fucked.
>>
>>329305989
Except Splatoon had singleplayer and it actually worked at launch.
>>
>>329308423
What band/singer/song does Kum Haehyun pay a homage to?
>>
>>329308423
>charging mega cash for shitty recolors and old stages

Nah
>>
>>329303784
You deal with it to support ASW. I find it worth it though honestly
>Balance that is normally improved unlike Capcom balancing
>That new shading and beautiful staged
>Around 6 and probably a few more new characters
>3 or so new mechanics

Id rather pay for a game again i know ill like then a Capcom game where my character could end up getting fucked in the ass with nerfs that aren't warranted and convince me Eventhubs is Capcoms source of patching information.
>>
File: 1454643870569.jpg (173 KB, 866x621) Image search: [Google]
1454643870569.jpg
173 KB, 866x621
Guilty Gear or Blazblue simply isn't the mega behemoth that Street Fighter and even Tekken are so they can't really afford to skimp.
Wheras as those two franchises have always tried to go for a global market, Arcsy games are first and foremost focused on the arcades.

If anything Arcsy doesn't have an excuse for it is the amount of revisions Blazblue gets on an almost annual basis though with Revelator having no balance changes it seems like they might break the habit and actually let us play the game for a while before Japan gets the newest version and we're all waiting for that again.

Poor P4U2 never had a chance.
>>
>>329308867

>not even reading the post

Ok
>>
The difference is GG is worth being jewed at for a expansion where as if SF tried to sell itself for full price past SF2 games hardly anyone besides pros would bother and it would die out.
>>
>>329309073
Nah, all regions get fucked equal on console release.
>>
>>329309046
The Extend release schedule makes sense for arcades because that's where their focus is. Inadvertantly consoles, and the west especially, get fucked over because of the staggered timing and Aksys being slow as molasses at localizing.
>>
>>329305080
You know you can make an argument with OP's point, but it kinda nullifies any argument you make when you straight up lie in your post or have an extremely childish understanding of it. So kindly get the facts straight or keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>329309303

No they don't. EU didn't even receive 1.1 or DLC
>>
>>329308717
Not sure yet.
>>
Anyone wanna play on the PSN?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.