[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever wished (and I mean really wished, possibly because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: Wallpaper_Squall_01_1920x1080.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_Squall_01_1920x1080.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Have you ever wished (and I mean really wished, possibly because your life was shit) that a video game were real and you were a character in it?
>>
>>329272041
My life is shit, but I'm not naive/hopeful enough to believe that my life wouldn't be shit in a different universe.
>>
>>329272041
Yes, but definitely not that game
Squalls pretty cool though
>>
>>329272202

fucking grim
>>
>>329272232

>but definitely not that game

Whatever...
>>
if it were real, every person you talk to would just have 2 sentences to say each time
>>
Where is the guy that was told by Selphie in a dream that he had to kill himself to gain admission to Balamb Garden?
>>
>>329272531
He's in Balamb Garden. You could join him, you know
>>
Sometimes it feels good to just get lost in day dreaming like that
>>
>>329272642

Fuck that, I'm getting Trabia back on its feet.
>>
Sowrd at olnine
>>
>>329272041
Your waifu awaits on the other side, the gateway is the noose.
>>
>>329272041
I remember wanting to be inside the Pokemon anime as a kid.
>>
>>329273840

as a trainer or a pokemon?
>>
File: image.png (930 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
image.png
930 KB, 1280x694
The world's more in tune with nature. >Industrialized areas still respect nature and don't have overwhelming traffic
>Cities are serperated by plains and mountains
>the world is generally safer
>money is generally not a problem as even young kids could go on long world-exploring adventure and have plenty of money to afford basic accommodations like food and even souvenirs
The Pokemon world is kind of a utopia
>>
>>329272414
>implying I'd talk to people more than once if at all
>>
>>329274347
Good lord you're right. Fuck this gay earth i want pokemon land.
>>
>>329272041
I still do that.
>>
persona 4 golden, that's probably the one i'd choose
>>
File: pigbaby.jpg (321 KB, 572x604) Image search: [Google]
pigbaby.jpg
321 KB, 572x604
>>329272041
Of course..
Nowadays more than ever.
>>
>>329272041
Almost every day but certainly not ff8 lmao. Imagine having to waste hours grinding junctions IRL.
>>
Anyoen has the balamb suicide copy pasta
>>
>>329272397
Sorry dude
I ain't putting up with Rinoa's shit
>>
>>329274804

This. I made this thread specifically to farm it.
>>
File: Rinoa01.jpg~c200.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Rinoa01.jpg~c200.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>329274928

Rinoa is cute! CUTE!
>>
I dunno
Radiant Garden seems like a great place
You get best Squall, One-Winged Cloud, Sora and most importantly best girl
>>
>>329275082
I know it's a game from the last millennium but a higher res pic would have been nice
>>
>>329274804
>>329274928

Fine. I'll post it again. Killing myself tonight btw.

I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.
>>
>>329274694
Was thinking the same.
Imagine having an actually fun and just overal great school life while exploring a completely alien world inside the television.

Going inside the TV is this weird dream I always had, it later turned into wanted to go inside the world of the internet.

Fighting shadows, meeting and talking with great people in a small town you fall in love with. Sounds great tbqh.
>>
>>329274579
Kill yourself autist
>>
File: 8760787686798.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
8760787686798.png
537 KB, 692x577
>>329275265
>tfw you will never lucid dream with Zell and co
>>
>>329275265
Holy shit what a faggot

AHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>329272202
Anon finds a way to be shit even in his imagination thanks to this weird trick...
>>
Yes, something like the atelier universe or some shit. I suck in this life but i just know i would make a great alchemist
>>
>>329272041
The concept of Balamb Garden is neat, but it's basically military school with expendable teenage soldiers.
>>
>>329275539

THIS UGLY SON OF A BITCH IS BEING SHIT IN SUPER HOT ALTERNATE REALTIES EVERY NIGHT AND BASICALLY YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>329272041
>>329272202
The goal of escapism is to mentally be somewhere more enjoyable than you are in reality.

I sincerely believe this is why RPGs have maintained their popularity for 30 years.
>>
>>329275265
Wasn't there a version about Cammy?
>>
>>329275697
Exactly
>going out with annoying girl
>need to get rid of her
>lure her in the back and let the t-rexaur eat her
>>
File: 1455747931002.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1455747931002.png
171 KB, 396x423
>>329275697

Please don't start moralising my escapist fantasies.
>>
>>329272041
I really wanted to live and chill in Zanarkand Island. One of my favorites places ever real or not.
>>
>>329275832

If you can find it on Google be my guest. I don't have it.
>>
>you will never be an anime living a slice of life anime with fun at every corner, cute girls, school trips and all that jazz
>instead you're stuck forever in an universe filled with stress, anxiety and appointments out the ass where not being a slave ends in dying on the street while everyone looks down on you
>even when you kill yourself you'll only leave behind a mess someone has to clean up and nothing changed for anyone
Life is sour
>>
no, because I am not a faggot

fantasy and imagination must be in his place, and that is inside your head
>>
>>329276164

How is what's inside your head not real if we aren't real
>>
>>329276351
>>
>>329272041
Sure, im sure most people have fantasized about living in a fictional setting as a form of escapism from the monotonous day to day. I also appreciate the fact that there are plenty of settings that one would most definately NOT want to live in and that my life can never be THAT shit.
>>
File: dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg (75 KB, 580x393) Image search: [Google]
dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg
75 KB, 580x393
>>329276160
>just leaving behind a mess
>not changing everything
Grow a pair and fuck shit up
You're gonna die, what do you care?
Just go out in style and make it unforgettable for everyone
>>
>>329276493

we get it you have a better life than us. sheesh.
>>
I wish I was rich. I usually add infinite money to my games so I can experience the feel of being rich
>>
>>329276351

>imbecile cannot abstraction and/or can't into mental construction

looks like you mom dropped you when you were a baby

it's impressive you could play video games with that intelligence
>>
>>329276529
>gets cleaned up
>gets a news report
Unforgetable my ass
I would need to start a nation and kill 6 million people to be unforgetable
Shooting me in the head leaves a mess and a traumatized mother
>>
>>329275386
exactly. i got way to immersed in it when i played it because i was playing it every single day in small chunks during my college lessons and after i came home. it stayed with me for months and i enjoyed every second of it, made me depressed to see the ending and realise there'd be no more of it.
>>
>>329275226
I think that's cosplay.
>>
>>329277137
I mean doing something like a grandiose and delusional suicide speech before nuking yourself and a city of your choice
Especially if it's fucking incoherent rambling
>First of all, I dedicate this to my waifu, you're the best, best girl of all girls, of all time, I fucking love you you gorgeous titty monster
>I also wanna thank Hideo and Kojima, for proving love can indeed bloom on a battlefield, you genius ching chong motherfucker, you figured it all out didn't you?
>and finally this is for everyone out there who gives a shit, just take it easy, keep on truckin', and watch out for the ayy lmaos
>oh I almost forgot to mention the big guy up there, watching our every move, and monitoring us
>THE JEW
>go fuck yourself you big-nosed piece of shit, ascension starts now guys
>ALOAH SNACKBAR
>>
>>329274928

>not ignoring Rinoa and going for Quistis
>>
>>329278172
Well I would definetly thank my waifu for brightening my day so you're not wrong
But nuking a city is kinda hard, especially in europe where you have to get through a million hoops just for a gun
>>
>>329278330
The go do it somewhere else
Maybe in India or something, there's too many of them anyway
>>
>>329278464
Since I'm in germany might aswell do it here. At this rate in a few years I'd hit way less germans than anything else. Not like this amounts to anything, it's some "tomorrow I'll start" shit. All talk no walk. But it feels good to blog sometimes
>>
>>329279171

I hear the Köln Hauptbanhof would be a good place to start if you're not particularly patient :^)
>>
>>329279171
Anon, get in your car have a pipe to funnel exhaust into your car. Do that, turn on your engine with your favorite songs on fullblast, recline in your seat, take a sip of your favorite drink and drift away
>>
I want to live in disgaea universe, work hard as a prinny and reincarnate into a cute girl
>>
File: 0001as4d.jpg (308 KB, 500x787) Image search: [Google]
0001as4d.jpg
308 KB, 500x787
I wish I could become a lightsaber assassin
>>
>>329280151
No car m8 but good idea, I always forget about that
>>
>>329276013
Do you mean Besaid Island or the city Zanarkand?
>>
>>329272041
not really

i feel right at hope playing mega man, sevil suvivor and dead rising but

>humans suck in megaman
>devil survivor only last 8 days and a lot of innocent unprepared people would die
>and im sure i wouldn't have the resistance to zombies that chuck and frank have so i would be basically another shitty npc

there are some anime and cartoon worls where i would like to live but this board is for viddeogames
>>
>>329283336
i meant to say right at home, not hope
>>
>>329272041
To be honest I'd rather live in the Fallout universe than this one, at least I'd get to kill people and see some neat shit. Anything but this life
>>
>>329283904

You'd probably die pretty quickly too...
>>
>>329272041
No.

The reason video games are good is because it's easy to forget about your real life problems and just worry about what's going on in the game. If the in-game problems just became your real-life problems it would entirely defeat the point of escapism.
>>
>>329272041
no, but used to wish all the monies I earned in game could be made real. That way I could by the house for my family that I said i could and hopefully provide the home we all needed and maybe deserved.
The dreams of me having stacks of monies and waking up multiple times in the dream until the stacks were gone left me depressed upon actually waking up, before I even knew the meaning and correct spelling of depressed.
>>
>>329274347
gay as fuck
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.