[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Undertale is God Tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: Sans.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sans.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
Tell me one reason why this game is bad

>pro tip you can't
>>
shit tier gameplay, autistic charactersand fanbase, earthbound ripoff
>>
Because you just posted the worst boss in the game.
What you should've posted was Omega Flowey
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 500x320
>>329247848
Because its not good
Prove me wrong
>>
>>329248098
I didn't want to spoil shit even for curious people (Though most of /v/ are fucktards and will probably never play this game)
>>
It's not, but insufferable faggots like you makes discussion of this game impossible.
>>
File: artworks_cover.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
artworks_cover.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>329248049
>>329248150
:(
>>
Tell me one reason why you think Undertale is good.

Protip:You can't.
>>
>>329248150
>great story
>great characters
>replayable
>secrits
>spooky
>savage
>omega flowey
>>
>>329247848
The random encounters lose their charm after the first time you encounter a new enemy. Then they just feel like a hassle. There's no gravity to those fights, and you end up chasing the next cut-scene.
>>
>>329247848
autistic meme flavor of the month meme game for tumblr sjw cucks
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (16 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
16 KB, 320x220
Can someone post that Tumblr pic with all the characters drawn as blackos and they're all like bisexual or some made up gender?
>>
>>329248384
Have you even played the game to completion?
>>
Roll a 64 and stop shitposting
i'll buy you undermeme
>>
File: kill me.jpg (72 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
72 KB, 640x356
>>329248431
OP here

found it
>>
>>329248340
are you retarded?
>>
Racist Korean undertones
>>
autistic faggot sjw cuck game
>>
Awful story, terrible art style, lame repetitive combat. Only good music is ripped off from other sources.
>>
File: macdaddy.jpg (23 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
macdaddy.jpg
23 KB, 640x430
Game is absolutely boring save two fights in Genocide Run.

Mercy runs can drone on unnecessarily long at points simply because of the repetitive tasks you do per monster.

Muffet is best boss fight and soundtrack but just kind of stops without any proper satisfaction.
>>
>>329248357
>shit gameplay
Would have made a good VN, I admit.
>>
>>329247848
Genocide run ending isn't even an ending. Glad I didn't bother with it
>>
>>329248564
w-what is a demisexual and polysexual?

These terms are strange and new to me... Jesus christ, what the fuck is genderfluids?
Someone explain
>>
File: 1346662832727.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1346662832727.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
>>329247848
It shows nothing of interest to me that makes me want to play.
Style looks dull. Gameplay is a mix of simple rpg and weak bullet hell which doesn't appeal. Character look bland aside from the bone guys. The main character is a poor self-insert. Music seemed boring.
The whole pacifist/murder thing is neat in concept I guess, but not enough for me to drop any money to try it.
>>
>>329248842
Gender fluid is when you want to either be identified as a girl or boy. It's the only new term that actually makes sense to me.
>>
>>329247848
The game is literally nothing but memes, and bad jokes until the very end where it picks up at the end with it's Flowey fuckery. The genocide route is actually very good in terms of game-play, visuals and stuff, but making it your first play-through ruins the game. So look at it this way... You have to wait until then final boss of pacifist and nuetral for it to get objectively good, and until Genocide really shines.

How is that good design exactly?
>>
>>329248998
Dude there are bullet hell sections that are bullshittingly difficult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4IYjeplJA
>>
>>329248842
It literally means nothing. Just interpret it as "I'm open to anything". The rest is pretentious garbage.
>>
>>329249151
well it makes you want to keep playing knowing that it gets good later on, though i enjoyed myself though out the whole game. Some stuff just appeals to certain people I guess.
>>
>>329248564
Well, Alphys is correct.
>>
>>329249656
but she aint no nigger
>>
The worst thing about it is the absolute cancer/Ebola/aids combo that is it's fanbase.
Can people just not simply like something anymore, without the incessant need to practically suck the damn things dick and shove it down people's fucking throats?
>>
The good
>Fitting music
>Interesting combat mechanics
>multiple very different endings
>Actions have consequences

Neutral
>linear as fuck
>Humor is a mixed bag, some of it is funny, other stuff is cringeworthy on all levels.
>Permanently fucks with your safe file if you even bother to play that far
>fairly short at 5 hours
>Terrible fanbase, but that doesn't affect the game
>Besides the occasional combat its a walking simulator. And Frisk isn't in a hurry it seems. Tons of cutscenes interrupt the gameplay as well
>this game is so hyped that it probably tricked a ton of people into buying it and later finding out that its not that good at all

>Boring generic story
>unfunny cardboard cutouts (with a few exceptions)
>inconsistent graphics with some very lazy areas
>4th wall breaking stuff that's supposed to be clever but ends up being fucking stupid.
>players are subject to repercussions and consequences, but NPC's are not.
>>
>>329249342
That's the problem though. You can't call it a good game if you're basically for to deal with everything else until the good stuff happens. I'm not saying that all the stuff before then is bad, but even the die hard fans only seem to talk about the fun and wows they had when Flowey, Dreamur, and genocide came into play. Aside from the obvious memes and furry fan art that was bound to happen, this stuff is all you really hear about. As for the music, that's good itself in all routes.

>Flowet provided the shock value-like stuff that everyone talks about.
>Dreamur was actually a really good boss with nice visuals and the works.
>Genocide provided a nice non-childish view of the game, adding more depth to certain characters, much better visuals (animation and designs), and better boss fights.

Let's be honest here, almost all the chars in the game felt like they were trying so hard to create memes. The genocide route and Dreamur boss, Asgore and Goat Mom were the only ones that didn't seem forced.
>>
File: 1454943654043_0.png (174 KB, 1004x365) Image search: [Google]
1454943654043_0.png
174 KB, 1004x365
>>329248564
>>
>>329250105
Welp screwed up my post a little there. Anything below the terrible fan base bid is a bad quality of the game.
>>
>>329249342
If it fails to grab your interest and make you want more within the first 20-30 minutes or so, it's failed as a source of entertainment.
This goes for everything really, movies, TV shows, games, and books. There's a reason why you're taught in school that the introduction is the most important part of any paper, cuz if you don't have a good one, nobody will read the rest of the fucking article or report.
>>
>>329250323

I'm glad someone made this
>>
>>329249192
>Some
I'm betting that's a fight near the end of the game anyways.
Finally a decent music track though.
>>
>>329250417
I don't like playing the legend of zelda ocorina of time because that game fails to intrest me. even other zelda titles ive played and ive had to struggle through not liking it. does that mean that game has failed as a source of entertainment?
>>
>>329250417
That's exactly it. All the youtubers, streamers and even random gamers go into it and press on because their told about how great the game is. The game is just over-hyped and it's flaws are immediately forgotten because all the hype stuff happens right when the game is about to end.
>>
>>329250641
It has failed you. Yes.
>>
>>329247848
when the game first came out most of /v/ loved the game , but then a discusion came out "what will happen when the game becomes popular"
and some other anon commenting something like "i hope the fanbase isn't shit later on"

The game finally became popular , and the fanbase became worst than MLP fans.

undertale knew the same fate as minecraft hated not for how the game was , but for his shitty fanbase
>>
File: 1453268283324.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1453268283324.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>329248564
>Chara has the lightest skin
What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>329250635
normal enemies near the start of the game have piss easy bullet time, but it does get harder when progressing through the game and the final bosses have fucked up bullet time segments.
>>
>>329247848

This game is so good it stopped launching for me during the bad time I was having with it.

GOTC
>>
>>329250789
lel
>>
I hope the interest in this game dies down so I can finally play it. Not going to play it with all the ott hype surrounding it.
>>
>>329250970
dude play a game based on the trailer and maybe some screen shots, not because its either over hyped or under hyped, though this game does deserve the attention its getting due to how much car and effort put into it.
>>
It's not a fun video game.
>>
>>329251247
You're not a fun person.
(Altho that is your opinion and you are aloud to have those.)
>>
>>329248340
>bait people to give reasons why they don't like X game
>get mad when they tell you why they don't like it
>>
>>329247848
it's not very fun to play
>>
>>329251247
>>329251389

are you same fagging?
>>
>>329251093
nah, if this game is any good I'd prefer to experience it without the expectation it has to live up to in the way people are talking about it.
>>
>>329251493
Are you aware of the IP counter?
>>
>>329251383
thats not me and im op
>>
>>329248704
Pretty much the best explanation right here

When the fuck is he going to release Hard Mode so that the game will actually be challenging?
>>
>>329251574
The point is that he is surprised when people criticise a game in a thread fro criticising a game
>>
>>329251653
"Don't count on it"
>>
>>329248564
Someone asked that tumblrite why they made everyone some dark skin and weird sexuality/gender
The creator said something along the lines of "yeah I get it, it's not realistic or plausible but this is the way I felt like making it. Screw you" without making it about SJW crap.
I still think the gender stuff is crap, but at least the guy was honest about his reasons
>>
>>329251653
Coming Soon!
...Maybe.
Eh, don't count on it.
>>
>>329247848
Because others like it and therefore it's shit
>>
>>329247848
I cannot. But I did go into the game blind unlike most people here.
>>
>>329247848
It's overhyped mediocrity.
>>
>>329247848
What do you hope to accomplish OP? Nobody reply to this thread after this, please. Let's honestly figure out where OP was going when he or she made this thread. The thread is gonna have people pointing out flaws and some people saying they love it. But nothing changes. So what does OP gain from this? Please please please don't reply unless you are OP and can explain this reasoning.
>>
>>329247848
The main problem with Undertale is that if you didn't like the characters then the game will pretty much be boring for you.
>>
>>329252737
That's basically the gist of Undertale
>>
>>329251773
Except that post was not criticism it said the combat was shit and gave no reasons why

Said the fanbase is bad (this is not a critique of the game as it has nothing to do with the game)

And calls it a earthbound rip off without pointing out how its a rip off and not just inspired by earth bound
>>
>>329253451
Faggot
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.