[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all the talk of Fates i figured it might be time to dust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: fe-awakening[1].jpg (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fe-awakening[1].jpg
497 KB, 1280x720
With all the talk of Fates i figured it might be time to dust of this game and play through it.

Tips for a complete noob? I figure i start of on hard classic and see where it goes.
>>
>Awakening
>needing tips
>>
>pair up everyone
>turn off your brain
>mash that fucking start button
Or just toss that joke of a game to the trash
>>
File: Miriel.full.1325095.jpg (227 KB, 490x780) Image search: [Google]
Miriel.full.1325095.jpg
227 KB, 490x780
>>329223105
Stahl and Miriel belong together
>>
Is it really that much easier than the other games in the series? How come? From what i have seen of the older games, it seems the same.
>>
>>329223760
On hard and classic it's not that much easier, no
>>
>>329223105

its a good game despite what /v/ neckbeard says, play in normal/classic or casual if its your first time

you really have to watch for the healer units they are the weakest and can be killed in only 1 attack

>>329223760

depends on the difficulty you choose
>>
>>329223995
>>329224009
So people calling it easy are really just whining that their "hardcore" niche game got an easy mode? Sad.
>>
>>329224090
pretty much, don't listen to opinions to how hard games are on /v/, most people here are massive faggots and will never say anything is difficult, on the hardest setting FE:A is a challenge. Especially for the first half of the game, then it can get a little easier depending on how you levelled your units
>>
>>329224090
On Hard and below, the game's challenge relies on the player to willingly preserve it and not use every tool at their disposal.

Once you get the ball rolling it's easy to overpower the game with a few Paired Up units. It's also easy to grind your way out of trouble, something that was either impossible or deeply risky in other games (besides Sacred Stones). You can snap the game in half through smart use of the incredibly loose reclass system.

It can still be fun and challenging to a new player, or a player setting their own rules and forbidding grinding. My friend new to FE managed to have an engaging time on Normal.
>>
>>329223760
The pair mechanic is completely broken and you can grind infinitely.
Even without grinding, on anything below Lunatic, only the early stuff is sort of a challenge, then you just pair up your most powerful units and have them stand at a chokepoint and all the enemies will kill themselves.
>>
>>329225309
How does this grind work? Only at chapter 5 now, but i can't see any options to replay maps. is it done through DLC?
>>
>>329226061
The world map opens up after a certain point and Risen encounters spawn and respawn on it. If I recall correctly 5 is actually the last one before it opens.
>>
>>329226220

On normal and easy you can buy reeking boxes that summon monsters to fight
>>
Worth grinding these extra maps for support conversations for characters i don't ever plan on using? or not really worth the time?
>>
>>329226942
Well the kids are by far the best units in the game, even if you never plan on using the parents
>>
in the case of Awakening they buffed the shit out of the previously garbage Pegasus Knight class, they're insanely good.

also pairing up is overpowered
>>
>>329226942
Only if you enjoy meeting new characters and want to meet the children for the sake of it. Child units are very powerful, but if you already have a solid army that you like then they aren't required in the least. I barely used them because I don't like replacing units I've already raised.
>>
>>329227251
Tips for most efficiently leveling up support levels for characters i dont use? Pairing them gives the most points i assume, but if i pair 2 units i never use, how am i going to kill anything to level them?
>>
>>329223105

If you're actually a complete noob hard classic will probably kick your ass.

Awakening is easier than Fates and many other FE games, but it's still an unforgiving game before you overcome the power curve and hard mode limits your ability to grind a lot more than normal does (so since you're probably not being efficient since you're a noob, you'll fall behind in power).

If you're actually new to FE/SRPGs then I'd honestly reccomend Normal/Classic
>>
>>329223760

It's one of the easier games in the series because of a few broken mechanics, unlimited brave weapons and a few OP classes (lolmanaketes). But it's definitely not the easiest.
>>
>>329225309
>Awakening
>chokepoint

lolwut?
>>
How significant are stats in these games? Are you completely outclassed if you don't level up your units?
>>
>>329226942

Yeah, support conversations are generally fun and you should make sure every female unit gets married (Keep Robin single until later, so you get more choice as to Waifu's, you may like some of the later game ones and you'll regret that you settled for Sully in chapter 7)

If you actually haven't managed to have every single plot point spoiled for yourself by now (you're obviously aware of the children, which is a shame since that's a pretty awesome twist) then I'd reccomend you GTFO the thread ASAP. There's some cool plot details that're nice to experience.

All the Spotpass Units are nonCanon. Don't be one of those people that pretends they're alive.
>>
>>329229263

Stats are pretty much all that matters. That's why growth rates (how quickly/likely characters increase specific stats) are so important.
>>
>>329229307
>Sully
He knows... Quite a popular first playthrough character?
>>
>>329229452

I doubt it honestly, you rarely see people talk about having married Sully, it's more just that it's very easy to pair up with a useful unit early and suddenly find yourself at A-rank. Hell, I nearly married Miriel right out the gates by doing exactly that, Robin and Miriel were destroying everything left right and centre.

The problem with Sully is that her supports with Robin are absolutely fucking awful and that her kid is the most boring fucking character in the game.

The problem with Miriel is that she's a goddamn autist.

At least if you marry Sumia you get the cutest possible family ever.
>>
Does the S rank count as soon as it is available or not until you actually go into conversations and trigger it? Want to know if i need to be careful about who to pair up early.
>>
>>329230573
Anyone?
>>
>>329230573
When you go into the convo
>>
Why does FE : Fates feel like such a shit, rushed game when compared with FE : A ?

I'm only Chapter 5 (no route selection) and it feels like such a bore.
>>
>>329223995

hard classic is ridiculously easy

it's only a bit difficult for maybe the first few chapters but after that you can literally just pair up everyone with their waifu, put your units anywhere you want and then hammer Start while the enemy commits suicide against you

even lunatic suffers from this. the most efficient strategy is to pool all your EXP into a small handful of units and they become so overpowered they can solo entire maps

pair up is just way too broken and awakening is far too easy to cheese, even without relying on the really broken stuff like Sorcerors and Nosferatu
>>
>>329223105
Why is Lucina facing the opposite direction? Is she retarted?
>>
>>329232712
Granted Speedruns is probably not a good viewpoint, but it seems to work pretty much the exact same way in the older games I've seen run.
>>
>>329223105
Get the better "My first FE game". FE7 and FE8
>>
>>329227181
Pegasus Knights were always good they just happen to be unable to take a hit. Most of the time my bigger hitter were always Pegasus Knights or their promoted class.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.