[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fucking up not once >Not Twice >But all 3 years of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Dice is shit.png (1 MB, 1200x549) Image search: [Google]
Dice is shit.png
1 MB, 1200x549
>Fucking up not once

>Not Twice

>But all 3 years of this generation

Why is Dice still relevant?

and yet, for some fucking reason, a company from Seattle, who made a living making nothing but puzzle games, were given the same fucking engine and somehow made a fucking miracle of a better game in Garden Warfare 1 and 2 in their first fucking try
>>
File: 8a9.jpg (21 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
8a9.jpg
21 KB, 400x267
>>329199724
BF 4 was ok.

Hardline had potential but they fucked up vehicles and needed more content.

Star wars was just bait nostalgia fags who should have noticed from day 1 the game was completely different from the original series.

Battlefield series is gonna die.

The only way they could save it would be if they make a game jam packed with content and went back to WWII stuff. But they love to micro transaction and gut the series.
>>
>>329199724
>BF4
>fucking up

Kill yourself
>>
But Battlefield 4 is fine, and Hardline wasn't developed by DICE/EA
>>
>>329199724
Hardline lacked content and proper weapon balance.
From what I understand battle front is even worse but just content.
4 was fixed.
>>
>>329199724
h-hey
4 turned out okay in the end
I sincerely regretted pre-ordering hardline though. Not sure what I was thinking.
>>
>>329199724
>work with EA
>expect not to be fucked with
>fucked everyday

its their own fault, do they think all the rumor about EA is lie??
>>
>>329202042
>BF4
>not a massive fuckup in the first 6 months

Take your own advice
>>
>>329199724
Maybe some involvement but Visceral made Hardline
>>
>>329199724
sw battlefront could have been cool if it wasn't multiplayer focused. The challenges gave me some serious rogue squadron vibes, so if they made the game about those it would have been really good.
>>
>>329199724
>hardline
>dice

what?
>>
Was the legacy operations DLC good? Or did they fuck up Dragon Valley
>>
>>329202948
And now it's fantastic, kill yourself
>>
>>329206092
It's different, but not so different that it doesn't feel like Dragon Valley, just simply put into BF4.
The loading music is almost a straight copy/paste of the China loading screen music from BF2, which is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6atUukejM is a nice comparison.
>>
File: the state of Carolina.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
the state of Carolina.webm
1 MB, 960x540
>Making a Battlefront game
>Absolutely NO story or maps set during the Clone Wars
>>
>>329207308
no, it's still shit.

verticality? lolvultion?

fucking hell...
>>
>hardline
>dice

epic
>>
>>329208435
>no, it's still shit.

It's the best FPS on the market right now, nothing's even come close.
>>
Dice had little involvement with Hardline.
Hardline can't even be considered a fucking battlefield game Tbqh.
>>
Battlefield 4s problem was and still is, that there was no need for it at that time. BF3 was still doing very well and 4 didn't offer anything new besides slightly better graphics. I didn't even bother buying BF4 and sticked to 3, and so did so many else.
>>
>>329199724

Hardline was a legit great game.

>Amazing netcode unlike all recent DICE projects
>Great gunplay that made all weapons relevant and not just clones of eachother
>Tons of great new gadgets that were actually useful
>Great kit balance
>New mechanics like taking ammo and health from people instead of waiting for them to drop it
>Vehicles actually handled properly and had traction unlike BF4
>Map design far better than anything in BF4

People threw a hissy fit about it having a cops and robbers skin instead of a military one. Despite it being the same gameplay as other BF games it got shunned because people thought it was a payday or CS clone.
>>
>>329208206
only little children born past 1995 care about clone wars.
>>
Battlefront was a really, really good singleplayer game. It's great to play alone, without friends. Which is stupid, because it's a multiplayer game.

Battlefront is, basically, just player controlled bots. There is no rhyme or reason for the game to be online only yet have no real multiplayer, squad or social features.
>>
>>329213721
>People threw a hissy fit about it having a cops and robbers skin instead of a military
Is this true? If so that sucks, I've been waiting for a good cop vs robber game for a long time. Hardline didn't fill that void sadly.
>>
>buying anything since 2142
lol
>>
>>329213079
fucking this. BF3 had some awesome maps and dlc and i just wanted to play it forever. everything had a nice weighty but smooth feeling to it, animations were sharp, vehicles were fun. greatest diversity in maps and supported game modes yet. but it all had to end because bf4 needed to be made.

i fucking hate the maps and new feel of shooting in 4. it is completely weightless and has no sense of recoil. everyones made of paper too. in 3 it felt like there was always marked sides for you to feel safe on but in 4 no matter where i was or what i was doing, some faggot always had the drop on me. could never fucking see what was shooting me or who killed me until i died. fuck bf4, 3 is way better
>>
Anyone have that screenshot how DICE will be DICE and EA buying them isn't going to affect their games or policies?
>>
>>329215269
>they haven't made a Battlefield 2143 yet

It's like they hate money
>>
>>329209315
Lol...
>>
>>329199724
BF4 is goat after they fixed it, granted they did fucked up but it's EA's fault for rushing the release to compete with cod.

Hardline was another dev.
Battlefront fucked by EA power hunger
>>
>>329215207

That's the main reason why most people didn't buy into the game, they were put off by the cops and robbers vibe.

The gameplay is no different than BF4 (not counting the fixes and upgrades) and yet people freaked out because they thought it was a payday or counterstrike style game. For whatever reason not having a military skin threw everyone for a loop and they couldn't deal with it.
>>
I want someone else to create a spiritual successor to BF2/BF2142. BF3 and BF4 just feel so different and they're not that fun, even the newest CoD was more fun.
>>
File: Battlefield foh.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield foh.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
I dont know what kind of drugs you're taking, but post-DLC BF4 is awesome

It works, the netcode is flawless, and it looks beautiful.

Apparently BF5 is set in WW1, so thatl be cool.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.