[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: header (5).jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (5).jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Games which are harder than Dark Souls
>>
Based on the few hours I've played, XCOM2 is harder than XCOM. Is an Ironman run even possible?
>>
You /thread yourself OP
>>
Souls games have a high skill floor, but once you learn the mechanics they aren't much harder than most games
XCOM isn't hard, it's just RNG: The game
You may as well say Hearthstone is hard
>>
>enemy unknown
>hard
Is this a joke?
>>
>>329188005
It's harder in the beginning but it's easier once you get halfway through the game.
>>
>>329188116
I hate this meme. Whenever you finish a mission in XCOM 2 it tells you some statistics. One of which is successful shot percentage. Mine is always >90%. If you think XCOM is RNG you have no idea how to play it. You're not supposed to just sit your guys in a spot and take the 60% shots over and over again. The skill behind the game is positioning your men in such a way to maximize your hit chance while minimizing the enemy's.
>>
>>329188116
>After hearing /v/ raving about the decoy grenade I decided to try it
>It's as effective as everyone claims it to be
>It becomes more effective if you position it in the same way you should position one of your men; that allows it to dodge some of the enemy shoots, keeping it alive so sectoids don't turn it into a zombie

That doesn't sound like RNG to me.
>>
>>329187626
My first play through was tough because I didn't realize how big of a difference there actually is between full cover and partial cover. If I had the choice between a 70% shot in full cover and a 90% shot in partial cover I always took the partial cover. I lost 19 soldiers that campaign and I was only playing on Normal ironman. It was only when I played XCOM 2 that I realized being in full cover makes you REALLY hard to hit, and partial cover isn't much better than standing in the open. Now I ALWAYS end my turn in full cover whenever possible, and so far I've only lost 4 soldiers, and I have 2 colonels, 5 majors, and 5 captains.
>>
>>329188163
I have no idea if EU is hard, but it is definitely harder than dark souls AKA "I can grind and bruteforce my way out of the game, or even bring people across the internet to beat the game for me".
Don't get me wrong, I adore dark souls, but the fact that a retard like me can beat it without summons shows how easy it is.
>>
>>329187626
MeWhen doing OP's mom.
>>
>>329188005
>Based on the few hours I've played
That's why

Pnce you get Magnetic, which is to XCOM's laser weapons, the game is a fucking joke. Seriously, as long as you stay ahead of the tech game, you'll finish missions without losing anyone ever, and Flawless's are anything but rare.
>>
>>329188005

Yes. As someone who has beaten Ironman Commander mode, I will say that the beginning is extremely brutal and you *have* to accept that you will not be able to complete every mission and that the evac button exists for a reason. I had a mission where I double activated two pods of 5 Stun lancers and a Sectoid.

Later on, once you have plenty of Grenadiers and Heavy Weapons you can almost guarantee that you can kill every pack before they get the chance to fire at you, and those you can't you can just abuse Mimic beacons.

A huge thing for early/midgame is understand the priority that you should be killing enemies in.
>>
Have the problems with XCOM2 been addressed or does it still run like dogshit.

I'd like to see it through after completing the first but I'm considering pirating if it's still a pile of dicks.
>>
File: memecom2.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
memecom2.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>329188005
No
>>
File: 1317623783763.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1317623783763.png
214 KB, 400x399
>>329190361
>Veteran
>>
>>329190276
It still runs like dogshit, to the point where I had to switch graphics to medium.
To be fair my PC is a toaster (FX6300+660ti), but on the other hand the game isn't that much of a graphic improvement over EU so it shouldn't run that poorly. EU ran without trouble.
The game is really good so I think the developers deserve the money, but I can see why you want to punish them for doing such a poor optimization work.
>>
>>329190276
I have a 290x and an i5 3570k and it averages about 50fps. Thing is, if it were any other game, this would bother me. It doesn't with this game since its turn based. I don't even really notice except for huge drops like when loading into a level for the first few seconds. Which is just a repeated cutscene anyway so i dont give a shit.
>>
>>329187626
Almost anything on the NES
>>
File: SMT3_front_cover.jpg (156 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
SMT3_front_cover.jpg
156 KB, 500x705
Could the Dark Souls fanbase even make it through the first dungeon in Nocturne?
>>
>>329190939
It's a shame how the internet's incessant whining killed Matador's surprise.
Now everyone knows what to expect and what resistances to bring.
>>
An ironman legend run is not possible in xcom 2. Ironman commander is a fucking breeze after my 50 attempts at legend
>>
>>329189897
this
>le hard game
>can summon 2 fuckers to do it for you
>can retry as many times you want
back on the days, if you died too many times you had to restart the entire game
>>
File: 1397827782129.png (140 KB, 594x514) Image search: [Google]
1397827782129.png
140 KB, 594x514
>>329190361
>Veteran
>>
>>329191180
Even if you didn't know what to do, it only takes two attempts tops to figure out what you need to do. Matador is just a retard check.
>>
>>329188116
i wouldn't say they have a high skill floor more than a steep learning curve
>>
File: Dancing Furiously.gif (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Furiously.gif
37 KB, 400x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RiHmQcHa84
>>
Is the Avenger defence mission unavoidable? That UFO appeared out of nowhere and before I knew it my men were fighting for their lives.

>>329192410
That's the fight where the game shows you why buffs and debuffs are key to prevail.
>>
>>329190627
>FX6300
>toaster

No, you're just retarded.
>>
>>329193772
But /v/ and /g/ told me that anything not Intel is garbage.
>>
>>329194025
FX6300 its not great, but its at least outside toaster tier.

Toaster tier is for everything weaker than a Pentium CPU.

(Atom, Quad core celerons, FM socket, 2010- CPUs, etc)
>>
>>329188703
>Mine is always >90%.

That's a pretty fucking retarded way to play. You should never really go above 80%
>>
>>329194425
I've literally had a 8 mission streak of 100% hitting. It's not hard. What I love about xcom 2 is the ambush set up followed by the fast and loud
>>
File: DariusGaidenposter.jpg (607 KB, 850x1198) Image search: [Google]
DariusGaidenposter.jpg
607 KB, 850x1198
Darius Gaiden.
>>
>>329192801
I never got it which pissed me off because I have quad turrets and the defense matrix
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.