[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ is turning on the souls games now. About time, they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: dark_souls.jpg (233 KB, 1456x819) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls.jpg
233 KB, 1456x819
>/v/ is turning on the souls games now.

About time, they've been horrible since DS1.
>>
>>329166531
The last good one was definitely DaS1.

Hopefully DaS3 will be as good as DeS and DaS1.
>>
>>329166687
Lol, no, it's cod now.
>>
/v/ just hates 2 because it's too hard - and different which autists can't handle - so they run back to 1 because they're comfortable with it - bunch of casuals
>>
>>329166531
I'll listen to any criticism except from that Zelda-TP faggot who has been pretty active again recently.
>>
>>329166896
They also hate 3 and BB now.
>>
>>329166769

>making games for money
>not following my arbitrary release time rules i procured out of my ass for amusement

Woah, that's new.
>>
>>329166986

No. /v/ is just mad over Slashy Souls.
>>
>>329167000
Doesn't stop it from being a cashgrab.
>>
>>329166986
only poorfags hate bb. either they cant afford a ps4, or they bought one for bb and realized no game is worth a whole console, despite it being quality.

oh yeah and magic fags/shield babbys also hate it because they refuse to play souls the real way.
>>
>>329167127
We're you not here when they announced the season pass?
>>
>>329166896
Cheap! =hard
>>
>>329167338
>BB is quality

Lel
>>
>>329166531
Why the have to port it to the pc? that was the end of the souls games.
>>
>It's popular now so we have to hate it!

literally kill yourselves
>>
>>329166531
We could have arrived at this point sooner. I never bought any dlc, or didn't even use it when it was included with the game. If everyone had done this to show the devs that we have the standards we claim that we have, they would have gotten the message by now. But we didnt. You're all fags.
>>
>>329167712
cuck detected :^)
>>
>>329166896
>Dark Souls 2
>hard

Not hating it due to lack of vision/level design/boring lore concepts
>>
>>329166531
they always disliked 2
>>
Dark Souls 2 isn't horrible, it's just not as good as Dark Souls 1. My reasoning for that is just that Miyazaki wasn't on deck for the creation. That's also my reasoning on why I feel Bloodborne is better quality (Though i will admit that PVP in DaS 2 SOTFS is way better than BB). I hated my first play through of DS2 but loved BB and DS1 first time through. Having played at least 100 hours of each souls game other than Demon's Souls, I'd like to throw in the idea that all of them are quality games, but just have varying levels of quality that are especially obvious when compared to each other.
>>
Currently in the middle of a ds2 run. It seems a bit easier than ds1. More bonfires, more healing, more summons, etc. Seems like it's more forgiving towards fucking up.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 301x312
>>329166531
we just realized how rushed and unfinished the dark souls games really are

BB and DeS are still GOAT tho...
>>
>>329170424
Your reasoning puts too much weight on the shoulders of one man.

DaS2 wasn't as good as 1 because it had a messy development cycle and was too focused on being difficult; whether that it is Bamco or From's fault is debatable, but the bottom line is that they screwed it up.

The DLCs are far better, since they're designed from the ground up instead of being halted, torn to bits and patched together again like the main game - the Sunken King especially has some of the best level design in the entire series.
>>
>>329171728
I suppose. It just seemed to me a bit of an obvious point to make, since its the only one for which he wasnt around. I also don't have too much knowledge on the dev cycle of the previous souls games before DS2 and BB so thats going a little bit deeper than I've been able to get. I have, however, seen evidence of the messy dev cycle of Ds2 like you're saying. Is it safe to say that the combination of the two facts, the dev cycle and Miyazaki's absence from the team, is to blame?
>>
>>329166896
But once you figure out how the game works, it's actually the easiest Souls game.
>>
>>329172492
How does the game work?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>mfw I'm lost in The Gutter

Am I just dumb, at least Blighttown had a good sense of progression
>>
>>329172961
>tfw I haven't even gotten to Blighttown at SL 40ish
how the fuck are you supposed to kill the hydra
>>
>>329173157
It's been a bit since I played DaS1 but I'm pretty sure the Hydra has nothing to do with getting to Blighttown
>>
>>329173470
oh okay, I can just ignore that fucker
thanks anon
>>
>>329172649
Lots of bonfires and a quickly mounting number of flask charges means that you can be extravagant with your sips, for starters.

Also, if you play it safe and poke your enemies outside of their range instead of bothering with blocking or parrying, you'll end up reaching Drangleic with an immense surplus of healing consumables to deal with the bullshit damage amounts from that point on.
>>
>>329173747
Just go through New Londo Ruins and throught the door leading to the valley of the drakes. You started with master key, right?
>>
>>329172961
Upper Blighttown had more verticality while the Gutter is a wide expanse on two planes. Light the sconces, and drop prism stones next to them if you want additional indication of where you have and haven't been.
>>
File: darksouls2texture.jpg (641 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2texture.jpg
641 KB, 2048x2048
>>
>>329167212
The last game in a trilogy though
If it were a cashgrab series they certainly wouldn't just close down a whole possible franchise
>>
>>329172368
Yes, but the tortuous development and publisher meddling due to the series' mounting reputation as the most hardcore shit is almost certainly the greater issue.
>>
>>329174082
are you calling the textures good or bad?
>>
>>329166531
Boo.
>>
>>329166531

It really only takes a small dedicated group of people mocking a game to snowball it onto /v/'s shitlist thanks to your average /v/irgin's total insecurity.

>I love game X.
>Game X? That unfinished piece of shit?
>Heh-heh, yeah. I never liked that game after all. What a waste of time.
>>
Bloodborne was better than Dark Souls though.
>>
>>329166896
2's really easy though. It has bonfires every few steps and the level design is just poor until you get to the DLC areas. One of the only hard parts of the game is fighting the poison snake girl without burning the windmill, and that was because it was so poorly communicated in the original version that you could actually burn the windmill.
Also the mace was so strong against most enemies in the game, and the Greatsword was one of the most ridiculously strong Strength weapons in the game and you get them both before the first major boss fight. Also you had a ton of casts of lightning spear before the patch if you went the miracle route. And the Greatshields made the game absolutely easy because of their incredibly high stability and pretty much no enemy could counter it, and you can get one of these right after one of the earliest bosses in the game.
STR/Faith in vanilla DaS2 was probably one of the most easy easymode builds in the series.

>>329172961
The Gutter is actually pretty straight forward. Carry a torch and light the sconces.
>>
>>329174078
>>329177924
I have been lighting the sconces, it's just that everything looking similar and it being dark as fuck makes it hard for me to make a good mental map of it
>>
>>329178592
I remember it being a sort of obvious path from the bonfire, just with some occasional jumping across platforms or falling through holes accidentally, but maybe that's because I've ran through the game a few times, though
>>
>>329166531
Good. Let them be appreciated by the people who've played FROM games since King's Field

At least they aren't adding waifu shit or social links like Atlus did to SMT. FROM always makes one specific kind of game and does it well
>>
>>329178920
>Souls dating sim
now there's an idea ripe for capitalizing upon
>>
>>329166896

this
>>
>>329171160
This
>>
>>329166769
>it's cod now
>creator literally said that third one is going to be the last.
>>
Yea I turn them on.

TO PLAY THEM

KEK
>>
File: So cool.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
So cool.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1080
>Every boss consists of rolling around it in circles.

Fucking boring as shit. There's basically no locational damage, either. I still think Souls/Borne are better than 99% of games. I'm also aware Dragon's Dogma wasn't perfect, far from it, but it made me realize just how far behind rpgs are from other games.
>>
>>329166531
I've hated the series since Bloodborne.

>PS4 exclusive
What a fucking scam
>>
>>329180759
Did you hate Demon's Souls, too?
>>
File: mustard race.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
mustard race.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>329180759
>>
>>329180951
Nah, I don't hate Demon's Souls.
My friend gave me his PS3
>>
>>329181704
Gotcha.
So you only hate Bloodborne then because you can't play it.
>>
Retards fell for the "dark souls 2 is bad xD" meme and now the whole series is ruined
>>
>>329181445
I wonder how much the PC he used to create that animation cost.
>>
>>329181825
Dark Souls 2 was pretty bad though.
>>
>>329166531
How lazy are b8'ers these days? Every day for the last 3 months I've seen the same thread about DaS1 with the same image.

I left /v/ for two weeks and it's exactly the fucking same shit.
>>
BB is the only good Souls game from a gameplay perspective. It rewards what it set out to do instead of being a boring basic slow telegraphed attack punish the game.

There are some good exceptions to the rule though. Alloune , Fume , Artorias , Manus etc the few bosses that actually feel like they're designed beyond wait for telegraphed punish attack and then maul boss in recover and repeat like 3-4 times.
>>
The Souls series has always been bad, the difference is when Demon's Souls came out it gave you hope that the series could go in a good direction and really build upon the foundation that it set. Instead we got Dark Souls, an unfinished mess that traded in the superior level based system for an awful """"open world"""" that felt tiny because of the insistence to put tiny, brittle metal gates between areas to make everything feel connected. There are tonnes of awful design choices in Dark Souls that aren't just "it simply wasn't a good sequel" but they've been said a million times over in these threads.
>>
File: Capt._Obvious.jpg (11 KB, 230x311) Image search: [Google]
Capt._Obvious.jpg
11 KB, 230x311
>>329166531
>they've been horrible since DS1.
>>
>>329182279
Epic meme. Can I save this meme and use it again?
>>
>>329182454

Sure, use it as a reminder that you can't engage any points that aren't hyperbole.
>>
>>329181840
A pcfag did that,retard

>>329181825
Every fucking "DaS2 is bad meme" thread people say everything that it did wrong and you faggots just ignore or say "git gud"
DaS2 apologists don't have salvation
>>
>>329181445
>implying I won't buy a ps4 ten years from now for 50 bucks at a garage sale, complete with its entire library
>>
>>329182454
>Its a meme to not like my mediocre series and think the only game with solid gameplay from it is the best

Nah sorry. BB felt like a pseudo action game that captured all the good points of other From games. Its weakest area was build variety which with the DLC is still pretty solid.

All other Souls games are overall boring outside of the world and lore and the gameplay especially with bosses is just linear simple shit. You wait for telegraphed attack and punish. BB takes this and also allows you to rush shit down with mechanics that rely on raw reactions and a better stamina system.

Hopefully DaS3 really borrows as much of it as people say.
>>
>>329182569
>you faggots just ignore or say "git gud"
applies to every souls game to be honest
>>
>>329182832
No need to meme all over the place, memelord. I was just asking to borrow your epic memes
>>
>>329180514
And you believe them? The games been dumbed down and casualized ever since DS1.

They've got casuals buying the game en masse to be "hardcore gamers".

Souls games are fucking dead.
>>
>>329182846
Except it doesn't
DaS1 fags pretty much admit that Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins is atrocious
>>
>>329173157
Get close to it, it will smash its head in the water at you (Shields up!) hack it's heads off.
Black knight halberd works wonders
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.