[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You now remember the OUYA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 294x171
You now remember the OUYA.
>>
>>329114885
What was the point of it anyways?
>>
>>329114928
Fuck knows chief
>>
>>329114928
I think it was about bringing mobile games to your tv. Most people just got it for emulating though.
>>
>>329114928
Playing roms on a tv
>>
>>329114928
To be an indie console in a large gaming market. They decided that the best way to do that was to be different from all the other consoles: cheaper, so people would be more willing to latch on. To accomplish this, they went batshit bananas and made it weaker than an iphone.
>>
I remember.

I remember all the Ledditfags circlejerking about how this console would be the savior of gaming. How they would be able to play GTA IV, BF3, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Skyrim and shit like that even though it was just a cellphone inside a box.

Ledditors actually gave a shit ton of money to the Ouya, and shamed anyone that criticized it.
>>
>yfw Nintendo NX basically ends up being a much more powerful OUYA
>Seriously
>That's what it's actually going to be
>>
>>329115194
Then it might actually work. The Ouya was underpowered and had no dedicated games.
>>
What about the Chameleon

It's out?
>>
>>329115276
>Then it might actually work
It sure worked for Nvidia Shield.
>>
>>329114928
making money of gullible fools
>>
>>329114928

>>329115103
>>329115443
These basically, they'd ask leddit and twitter what games people wanted on it and when people suggested Skyrim or Fallout they said with a wink 'you never know!'
>>
>>329116481
that and

They demanded every game to be free, later they changed it into every game having a free demo
They boasted about emulators disregarding the copyright shit and the fact the emulators could barely run on the shit hardware
using android as OS
controller being dogshit, using batteries, shit faceplate, analog sticks that suck
Also they were stupid enough to only use colors to differenciate the face buttons
putting a fan, ON THE BOTTOM
making promises you cant make with their budget
talking about a 100$ console which obviously just cant run anything
relying on android games from the google store even though those games are made for on the go
forcing you to put in credit card info right away and having no safety measures built in. One click on a yes button ingame and you pay, even though it was a misclick
>>
>>329117339
desu it didn't sound like a bad little thing to play with. I was going to get one for £50 just to play anything on my TV that I enjoyed on my phone.

If they hadn't bigged it up as much then many of the issues could be overlooked
>>
File: ouya faggot.jpg (50 KB, 1079x312) Image search: [Google]
ouya faggot.jpg
50 KB, 1079x312
You will feel good knowing that you will never be that one retarded /v/-tard that brought a ouya, wii u and xbone.
>>
>>329117618
phones have a cast screen option incase you have a smart TV. And if they hadnt bigged it up so much they wouldnt have had as much money and it would probably be even worse.
>>
>>329118064
>/v/ says ouya is shit
>it is
>/v/ says biocock infinite and fallout 4 are shit
>they are
>still people post later in regret threads that they regret buying it
I know people say that /v/ calls everything shit but games like dragons dogma, mount and blade dont get called shit and you rarely see regret there
>>
>>329115103
Everything I said about it happened. Thing was a sjw indie faggot machine.
>>
don't you ever forget that almost every gaming journalists shilled it as the next biggest thing in gaming.

Remember that. Those motherfuckers tricked so many people into backing this horrible piece of shit.
>>
File: t.png (2 MB, 1887x946) Image search: [Google]
t.png
2 MB, 1887x946
>>
post someone pissing on ouya-tan
>>
>>329118179
Yeah it's all about the trends, not what they're actually saying. Like the new FE is being shit on by everyone for being shit because it is, but no one is calling the gameplay shit and it isn't.
>>
File: Vita_and_Ouya.jpg (309 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vita_and_Ouya.jpg
309 KB, 800x1000
It was trash.
>>
>>329115441
Wud you recommend it?
>>
File: joy.jpg (12 KB, 228x252) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
12 KB, 228x252
>>329117339
>putting a fan, ON THE BOTTOM
>>
>>329114885
People who supported the kickstarter were ignorant and/or delusional, here's a list of the games people wished for Ouya

Assassin's Creed
Bastion
Battlefield
Battletoads
Call of Duty
Dungeon Defenders
Fez
FIFA
Final Fantasy
Grand Theft Auto
League of Legends
Limbo
Mass Effect
Minecraft
Need for Speed
Skyrim
Super Meat Boy
Terraria
Timesplitters
Torchlight
>>
File: onlive_01.jpg (33 KB, 1000x556) Image search: [Google]
onlive_01.jpg
33 KB, 1000x556
>>329114885
You now remember the Onlive.
>>
>>329119679
"I got a package in the mail today"
>>
Even though people say /v/ was at it's worst in 2012, I remember 2011/2012 being fun times here. Especially the Ouya threads.
>this year makes 4 years since the Ouya kickstarter
>>
obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ
>>
File: ps4 killer.png (243 KB, 585x276) Image search: [Google]
ps4 killer.png
243 KB, 585x276
>>329123391
O U - Y A
>>
>>329115062
Is it any good though? Or just mod a Wii?
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 229x220
I like how NVIDIA came out with what is basically their own version of the Ouya, but closer to what people actually expected it to be, better designed, and actually good at multimedia stuff out of the box.

Hell, I actually believe they could port Skyrim on this thing if they wanted to.
>>
>>329123579
Well now there's better and more powerful Android TVs like the Nvidia Shield TV (Which can literally emulate a Wii).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDOWaBlKEUE
>>
>>329123756
That sounds like shit
>>
>>329118179
>games like dragons dogma, mount and blade dont get called shit
Except they do.
>>
>>329123669
They could, but who is going to make games for this thing? I mean they've got some last-gen titles like Doom BFG and Metal Gear Rising, which are more just "Hey look what we can do!" rather than something I actually want to play (Or if I did, I would've played them a long time ago).

It's excellent emulation and media box though, but they can't even advertise the former. The Tegra X1 is pretty beastly.
>>
>>329123896
Dolphin is still in early stages on Android. Games that have been focused on like Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion run completely fine.
>>
>>329123391
I watched this and I can't handle the cringe
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.