[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know everyone has their dream game idea tucked away somewhere.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 614x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 614x411
We all know everyone has their dream game idea tucked away somewhere. What's yours?

>Iron and Blood
>historical FPS franchise
>set during the bloodiest civil wars of the 20th century
>each game focuses on a different conflict
>each prominent faction is given a full campaign, including foreign superpower interlopers
>each game's story content clocks in at approximately 50 hours, features extensive focus on historical accuracy in the story
>battles and setpieces reliably retell history when applicable, also presents compelling alternate history scenarios
>campaign takes you chronologically through the conflict through different lenses without preaching ideology, each ending offers an alternate history prompted by a choice
>feels similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2015 in terms of gameplay mechanics
>settings include the Eastern Front of World War I, the Russian Civil War (2-part series, one focusing in Russia proper and the other focusing on its absorption of Eastern Europe, Russo-Japanese War, Finnish Civil War, Mexican Revolution, Spanish Civil War, Winter War, Burma, Algerian War of Independence, Six Day War, Lebanese Civil War, War in Afghanistan 1978-2000, Iran Iraq War, Yom Kippur War, etc.
>>
>>329114782
thats over 800 hours of game play.
fucking dream, no kidding.
>>
Any game with hexen's hub level design
>>
>>329114923
Each war is its own game. The series runs for two decades. It would be incredibly expensive, yes, but even one of those games leading first (maybe the Winter War, for the familiarity of WWII but signalling a departure from overdone wars) might trigger a renaissance in historical shooters.
>>
donald simulator
biographical

10/10 goat
>>
>>329115359
it would flop unless it looked impressive, and I don't mean graphics wise. if that shit is clunky or dumb, like metro 2033, it's dead in the water before it begins.
>>
Mount and blade with castle buildng.
>>
>>329114782
STOP POSTING TRUMP

THIS IS A BERNIE BOARD
>>
File: 1455826756315.png (338 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1455826756315.png
338 KB, 500x376
>Fully 3D pokemon game for PC/consoles
>You control the trainer at all times, not the pokemon
>You can call out orders in battle, but your opponent will hear you too, so raising your mon properly and letting them decide is more effective
>Your part in the battle is mainly positioning yourself correctly and timing/aiming your item use properly
>Pokeballs have to be aimed and will just be swatted away if used against a healthy and alert pokemon
>You can take on weaker pokemon physically as a trainer if you're gud enough, but if you get beat down you lose all of your non-banked items and money until you can retrieve your pack (pokemon in your bag included)
>Legendary pokemon are epic battles where you're permitted to use your entire team at once and would probably involve some mild platforming
>>
>>329116316
And realistic siege scenarios
>>
Dating Sim done with actually large budget.
>Game starts with you moving into a new school and making your character
>You can be a guy, girl, trap or a reverse-trap
>Depending on the choices you make, you hang around with different crowds, with different romance options opening
>Do your schoolwork like a proper guy and get invited to student council, devote yourself to club activities and make friends there, or ditch schools and befriend baddies, or start your own gang
>Can also fight in hallways or city streets, with battle system like Yakuza, throw people down stairs our out of windows, grab gear lying around for improvised weaponry or use stuff from your club
>Or run away from fights like a little bitch
>Actual sex with lots of romance options, just regular stuff if you so wish, be a lesbian swept along by her onee-sama, homo dominating the guys on the club, trap being fucked after school... Lots of options
>Also features a town where you can roam around, and some classmates can invite you to their homes to meet their families, and possibly get it on with them
That is my dream.
>>
>>329116652
This
/pol/ needs to go
>>
>>329114782
i had one and it tanked now what
>>
Tankgirl-inspired, turn-based (Grid based TBT style) open-world RPG.

>Combat is either vehicle based or on foot, both can occur at the same time
>Procedurally generates a huge, near infinite desert with the ruins of civilization, dungeons and bandit hideouts, settlements that dynamically generate quests, trade routes, alliances and feuds etc.
>Hardcore mode optional
>Option to start with or without crew and build a 4+ person crew
>Unique stats, gear etc. for each crew member
>Dynamic relations between crew members, have to manage keeping them happy and avoid developing bad traits in a sims-like manner
>Option to start off with nothing or start off with a low-level tank, and progress until you're driving around in a convoy
>Tank requires rare and powerful shells to operate its main cannon, giving you a game-changing but limited tactical option in combat
>Player built hideouts, settlements, basically anything that could feasibly be affected by the player can be
>Option to romance (potentially mutant or alien) crew members

Basically just a "Drive around a dynamic wasteland and leave your mark on it" sim, though it would always generate a few high-tier goals like overthrowing the biggest bandit crew, catching a particularly infamous criminal etc.
>>
>>329116887
Sounds like complete shit desu senpai
>>
File: 1453623161569.png (116 KB, 303x393) Image search: [Google]
1453623161569.png
116 KB, 303x393
>>329116652
>liking a spineless jellyfish
>>
File: in oven.jpg (91 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
in oven.jpg
91 KB, 720x960
>>329116652
SHOO SHOO
>>
File: 14394831194984.jpg (402 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
14394831194984.jpg
402 KB, 1500x1000
>>329114782
>W3 Frozen Throne Pt. 2
>RTS using Starcraft 2 engine where you play with the new Lich King since Arthas is dead.
>Get to kill Thrall, Sylvanas and remaining all-stars cast in the place they deserve which fucking is not WoW
Warcraft should end it´s getting old. Just take the series back to RTS and let it rest in peace after campaign is done and you´ve shilled in with esports.
>>
>Borderlands
>except, without the memes.
>but wait, let's give it gun customization.
>You can break down spare gun parts that you don't want, and attach them to other guns.
>got a shitty pistol you don't want? Break it down, slap that grip onto your gud shotgun, gain some accuracy.
>Shitty ironsights on your battle rifle? Rip off that scope from your spare sniper rifle and strap that on for some fun.
>Legendary weapons can be broken down to give legendary parts that give tiny bits of effects to other weapons.
>Anthony Burch would not be allowed within 5000 feet of the building it's not working on.
>>
>>329118928
>it's not working on.
It's being worked on. Had a thought train derail.
>>
File: Zelda 2 Link.png (111 KB, 198x265) Image search: [Google]
Zelda 2 Link.png
111 KB, 198x265
>>329114782
Zelda 2 remake, without Aonuma in charge.

-no gimmicks added to it
-no casualization.
-Keep style the same (overhead overworld and 2D combat scenes/palaces)
-Lots more secrets and a further expanded overworld.
-improved NPC dialogue (while they do point you in the right direction, while having the right item to access the secret in the area its in, it's still pretty vague I admit as it is now)
-more items
-more uses for spells
-more spells in general, magical link is badass
-raised level cap
-more dungeons/temples
-sidequests
-Added control mechanics like wallkicks or grappling with hookshot.

It'll never happen though, Nintendo is tryhard casual now. especially that ass slapping faggoty fuckbutt casual Aonuma. Such a damn shame, one of the best games in the series is being slept on hard because without gimmicks to push them along Nintendo is lost. It's fucking pathetic to be quite honest and I hate seeing it.
>>
>>329117481
So. Artificial Academy, AAA edition?
>>
>>329119446
Pretty much.
>>
>>329118928
desu i bought Borderlands thinking it would be this game (got it second hand for £5 so I don't mind that it isn't quite what I expected)
>>
>>329116887
>Legendary pokemon are epic battles where you're permitted to use your entire team at once and would probably involve some mild platforming

I wish the games would do this shit. Same for the villain teams. Why are they coming at me 1 at a time? Come at me in a horde man. ORAS nice in that regard that Aqua/Magma would sometimes send five grunts at once at you.
>>
Management game based in a museum, where you buy and sell paintings, discover new artists or new paintings from famous people until you became the besr museum of all time.

You know someone can do this, do it.
>>
File: sims1prankcalls.png (438 KB, 408x1295) Image search: [Google]
sims1prankcalls.png
438 KB, 408x1295
The sims, except your choices effect the world around you.
>corporate career
>you choose to expand into nuclear energy
>build power plant next to the river
>the fish die/become radioactive/mutated
>same with the trees and wildlife surrounding river
>people hate you now
>fish market is ruined, crime is rising
>just small subtle changes sprinkled here and there along with big in your face environment collapses/new renaissances
>it would also have an improved friendship meter, so you can't just spam "TELL JOKE, HUG, TALK, TELL JOKE, HUG, TALK" to get to 100 friendship. You would have to learn what each sim likes and dislikes and learn their personality traits and level up your friendship with them unlocking new friendship perks.
>>
Game like freedom fighters or what homefront 2 is supposed to be. You play as a guerrilla in an occupied country, with gameplay spanning urban and rural environments. The overall goal is to take out the government by any means necessary while keeping the resistance alive. Third person shooter gameplay for combat with a focus on improvising weapons, and not just an ak-47 with tape on it, but pistols made out of pipes, ball bearings and matches or that kind of thing. For actually taking out the government long term, you would have to gain public support by propaganda. You could drive around in a van, broadcasting pirate radio, or just spray paint shit on walls. To manage the guerrilla army, there would be a strategy thing to order units to attack certain locations. The npc attacks would happen in-game, so you can assist in them, or use them as a distraction.
The setting couldn't be occupied united states, because the country would be too huge to manage, but I think an alternate history setting where a state has made a bid for independence, and the USA takes it back would be cool.
>>
You know evil genius. Well take that gameplay then add
>illuminati story, where you play as a mastermind of some sort
>basebuilding like in evil genius, reqruit minions, scientists and even supervillians and stuff
>For maximum comfiness add a first person mode, where you can walk around your base talk to minions etc.
>You can also you yourself go to do missions around the world, meet up with other masterminds etc
>>
>>329121384
Also you can recruit famous pop starts, politicians etc to your ranks. Also battle ISIS feminists etc. You could also spread prapagande through twitter,facebook,4chan etc
>>
>>329117945

Love this idea, and the spoiler would be a nice bonus. However I would say you should cut back some of the randomization; Skyrim's system of quests and odd-jobs show how poorly it is often done. Handcrafted worlds may be a better option.
>>
Evil ruler simulator
>Start with kidnapping a princess and constructing a set of levels for hero to go through, like in Super Mario Bros 1
>While hero is going through the levels, you can manage your realm, try to win over princess, etc
>Eventually you take over worlds, and can make even longer way for hero to go through, like in Super Mario Bros 3
>If you make shit too unfair then hero will just give up, princess will give into despair, which will cause you to get reputation as ruthless ruler and less people will join your side, so it's better to keep things fair
>Depending on the parts you develop, you can recruit different minions to act as enemies and do other tasks, some are better in princess kidnapping, others are solid stage enemies, while others help in developing your realm
>Whenever princess falls for you you can expand your realm, and kidnap princesses from adjecent countries
>Depending how you treated the hero from the former country during your encounters, they might join your side to be a mid-boss or other helper, join a new country as Player 2, or become vigilante hero trying to take you down from shadows
>If you have enough land or are skilled enough, you can kidnap princesses from multiple countries at once, and have many different heroes coming after you
>All countries have different gimmicks to their landscapes and heroes, which you can then put into use after conquering them. For example, Eskimo Princess would be from Ice Land, and some heroes would perform worse in levels there
Pretty simple idea, but could make for fun strategy game. No action segments, even for boss fights, you'd just coach people to act in right ways.
>>
>>329122841
Oh yeah, in addition to standard campaign, some kind of free for all mode could be implemented, with the places of and certain aspects of different countries being randomized for each playthrough.
>>
>>329122092
I don't think it'd suit an entirely handcrafted world just because part of the draw would be every playthrough being unpredictable, though the procedural systems that drive quest and environment generation would likely be influenced by handcrafted bits and pieces - combat arenas, preset questlines and the like - others would be given context through world events generated by the game's systems, ie. a certain type of quest cropping up because of a conflict between factions. Stuff like main cities could be handcrafted as well, and feature handcrafted storylines, though the big focus would be having the means in which you interact with the world and accomplish your goals be fun and engaging by itself, so the theme a quest or questline takes being super interesting isn't as important.
>>
A young college drop out fuels his heroin addiction by participating in illegal street races.
You can take shots during the races, which transforms the game into a psychedelic bullet-hellish racing game, deepening your addiction.

Working title: Need for Speed.
>>
>>329114782
> Character action game.
> Characters are a witch that controls iron a werewolvish hellhound.
> Combos are time-based, meaning you get different attacks according to which point in the animation you press your next attack.
> Witch attacks by creating weapons from her suit of armor, meaning your defenses lower when you attack, certain areas would negate this effect by being naturally rich in iron, or you could recreate a weaker version of this effect by killing many creatures and creating pools of blood.
> The witch also get a blade-mode-like ability where you can either cut down your opponents and spike them into walls.
> Hellhound has a more straightforward gameplay, he's a huge flaming beast that claws and bite people's faces off, also has a chance of igniting objects and enemies. He doesn't have a guard and can only dash to avoid attacks, can recover some health by being drenched in blood.
> He gets a devil-trigger-like special ability where he gets covered in even more flames, and can throw fireballs and breath fire.
> Levels would have a path were either of them can traverse, as well as paths unique to them. Witch can use portals to travel through a dream-like landscape and get to other points, where the Hellhound can use portals to go through hell.
> These paths offer unique enemies and bosses.
> True Ending + suggestive art of the characters (mainly the witch) can be unlocked by beating the game on hardest difficulty.
Secretly based on a series of short stories I did a few years ago, which now I plan to draw as a comic once I improve my drawing skills.
>>
>Softcore JRPG on a console or handheld, with bare uncensored topless nudity.

>Rockstar's take on a beach volleyball game, show KT how it's really done.
>>
arma but not fucking terrible and made by the most technologically inept hacks
if any of my dumb indie projects really kick off and let me get a budget for something this huge i'd totally waste all my money on making it
>>
all I want is MGR2 with Sam, then I can rest in peace
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.