[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello everybody I am currently playing Tomb Raider 1, 2 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: tombraider123.jpg (198 KB, 576x320) Image search: [Google]
tombraider123.jpg
198 KB, 576x320
Hello everybody

I am currently playing Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3. So far i'm in the 40 Fathoms level of Tomb Raider 2.
At the moment I have 11 hours in Tomb Raider 1, 7 hours in Tomb Raider 2 and 4 minutes in Tomb Raider 3 but that was because I only quickly played Lara's Home
>>
Awesome dude, keep it up.
>>
>>329103108

Thanks

Do you like the early Tomb Raiders too?

I played them so much when I was younger but haven't replayed them in years. So it has been almost 15 years I last played them. I am a lot better than I was when I played this at young age though

Bye
>>
i just played the first one through for the first time last week. i never got to play them growing up and was gifted the first one about a month ago and decided to give it a shot and really enjoyed it. is the 2nd one just as good, better, or worse?
>>
>>329103528
Better

play it you're gonna like it
>>
>>329103056
>40 Fathoms

Fucking triggered. I hate that level. That said, I started replaying recently and for the life of me I can't figure out what to do in the level with the really annoying alarm after you get knocked out by the wrench guy. I get out of the room, run around and get my ass beat, and can't remember what to do next.
>>
>>329103721
yeah i hate water levels too, still need 2 or 3 before i get to the snowmobile shit

looking forward to tomb raider 3 too im gonna play that one next
>>
>>329103715
niiice. thanks anon. anyone got a spare key? kek just kidding. whats the best out of the 3 in your opinion?
>>
>>329103898
all. just play 1, 2, 3 in that order

you notice on 2 and 3 the controls start to get better, more options
>>
>>329104001
sweet. thats exactly what i wanted to see too. the controls were pretty frustratingly clunky in the first imo. how about the newer ones?
>>
>>329103860
I love the level with the monks that fight the mercenaries for you.
>>
>>329104125
tomb raider 1 to 5 are the only ones that matter
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHJuFhcRICE

based lara cutscenes

who also always wanted lara to put a baby in him?
>>
>>329103056
Are you playing the sequels before finishing the others?
>>
>>329104412
obviously im playing them in order at the moment

i started with tr1 when i was 5 or something, but however there are some games inever probably finished

i think when i was young i never properly finished 2, 3 and 4 without cheating.

so im just replaying them now all starting with 1
>>
File: 1443398541734.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443398541734.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
I made it this far in TR1, and I cant figure out how to raise the water a second time
>>
>>329104785
The Cistern fuck me that level sucks

cant really remember, you need to jump to those doors on the left or maybe try to swim somewhere

but that is a fucking ptsd level thats for sure
>>
>>329103259
i never played tomb raider other than "I hate tombs" raider 2013 and I didn't like it.
>>
>>329104785
i was hung up on that level too. i ended up watching a walkthrough and was pretty pissed at myself and how easily i overlooked what needed to be done. the water can only be raised and lowered to that one height
>>
>>329104931
cause thats the wrogn one

if you have to play the newer ones play anniversary

if you really want the real tomb raider play TR 1 to 5
>>
>>329104785
directly to your left in that photo. you need to get into that room with the water lowered to its original height.
>>
>>329104785
you can always watch walkthroughs

man i remmeber when i got stuck in levels in tomb raider, i had to learn english so i could read walkthroughs. This was before the youtube era and before walkthroughs were translated in my own language. I sat there with a dictionary trying to figure out where to go

tomb raider came out in 1996, i was 5 years old at the time lmao. I think i played it at age 8 or something
>>
>>329103259
I love the early TR. I need to finish my all-secrets runs on TR1 (I am at Natla's mines) and TR2 (the first tibetan level.)
>>
>>329105596
yeah i think TR2 and then especially the early levels are my favorite

TR3 nevada levels are maximum comfy too
>>
>>329104785
That's my favorite level in 1, but then again, I love water levels.
>>
>>329105751
I like the first levels most, and maybe The Colloseum and Palace Midas too

but fuck green/gray water levels man

Natlas Mines is also alright
>>
>>329105831
Don't talk shit about my level-fu. Water levels are maximum comfy.
>>
>>329105949
no they arent you fucking masochist
>>
>>329105095
thank
>>
>>329105214
The Golden Age for Prima and their guide books at the cash register since the Internet pretty much had nothing available except for a few all text gamefaq guides. I think I'll play 3 some time seeing as how I never got into it and all of the games are sitting in my Steam Library. I think Diablo 2 came out before I could get into it.
>>
File: 1403318756089.jpg (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1403318756089.jpg
142 KB, 900x900
>>329103056
>Tibetan monks level
>Accidentally shoot a monk
>They become hostile to me

welp time to start over
>>
File: tombraider2diver.gif (932 KB, 433x444) Image search: [Google]
tombraider2diver.gif
932 KB, 433x444
>These faggots

NOPENOPENOPE
>>
>>329105981
I loved having total freedom in my movements, moving around in all 3 dimensions effortless.
>>
I beat Tomb Raider 1 for the first time last year, after getting stuck in the dinosaur valley when I was like ten years old. I've been meaning to play 2 and 3 soon.
>>
>>329106921
yeah m surprised how easy the games are compared to when i was 10 years old
>>
>>329106978
I know, there was a jump across a broken bridge that I just couldn't time properly when I was a kid, so I figured it wasn't possible. I really liked the game too, but I only got through like 1/3rd of it.
>>
File: Vicious_Fiamma_Nera_Brawler.jpg (14 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Vicious_Fiamma_Nera_Brawler.jpg
14 KB, 400x500
>>329106735
[breathing noises]
>>
>>329107238
same for me, when i was ten years old i used to be able to get untill the cistern level (level 5 the water level anon posted few posts ago)

in tomb raider 2 i once made it to operah house (4th level) but i used to get stuck there too

tomb raider 3 i could never finish without cheats i think

fuck man i remmeber when i first discovered those cheats, a world opened up for me

one step forward, one step backward, 3 turns and jmp forward or back for next level/weapons

in tomb raider 2 you had to do the same shit but with a flare, in tomb raider 3 you had to go backward first and then forward and also needed to crouch otherwise you would explode

shit was awesome

>>329107306
funny how in tomb raider 1 you only kill larson, pierre, that cowboy, the skateboard kid, the fat shotgun guy and natla but in tomb raider 2 you could people like its nothing

i kinda like it though

i hope i finish tomb raider 2 soon cause i wanna go to nevada in tr3
>>
I bought all of the tomb raider games in a bundle a year ago... I only beat the first one, though. 2 was boring because it was just going through a town instead of tombs. Should I have kept going? I really loved the first one.
>>
Tomb raider 1 uzi sounds are weird, tomb raider 2 also but in tomb raider 3 uzi's are fucking great, i love the sounds and the power they have
>>
>>329107729
thats only some levels, but they are designed greatly and you go to tombs later on

i love how in tomb raider 2 and 3 there are also some levels outside tombs though, it fits the game very well its a nice little change and the puzzels stay good
>>
>>329107834
I didn't mind the level design, there were just too many guys with guns. That shit is annoying. I just want to explore the environments.
>>
>>329107917
hmm well tomb raider 2 does have more guys compared to the 1st and 3rd though, but i honestly dont mind it
>>
How do we get Tomb Raider back to play like the classics? I wouldn't mind if it was like the first Crystal Dynamics series, either. I don't like the linear Uncharted-like nonsense they're doing with the new series.
>>
>>329108465
i think there will never be a game like the first five anymore
>>
File: 1456074955055.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456074955055.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
what the fuck

no matter what I do, she literally will not pull this lever
>>
>>329107546
oh shit cancel that tr1 level 5 wasnt the cistern it was francis folly i think
>>
>>329108965
move closer. it could be finicky with the hitbox.
>>
>>329109072

she's hugging the damn thing

I could have her face planted in the lever of have her flat against it, and she still wont pull it
>>
>>329108965
hold down ctrl when close the will automaticly go to it

it can be tricky sometimes though
>>
>>329109034
Fucking love the Folly.

That music when you enter the room with the big electric firing ball
>>
I beat Tomb Raider 1 without any problems.

I beat Tomb Raider 2, was pretty diffiuclt though. Especially some fucking part near the beginning when you had to race some speedboat through Venice through some doors that gave you BARELY enough time and looking at pics of Venice gives me anxiety to this day.

Tomb Raider 3? Fuck it. Fuck it to hell. Why is it so hard? I don't consider myself a casual at all, I've beten hundreds of games and have been playing for 20+ years. WHY can't I get through the blurry, shitty pixel ridden jungle levels at the beginning? The Ganges level makes me want to end myself.
>>
>>329112647
TR3 levels are fucking huge. And fuck that Ganges level. What's the point of giving you two choices to get through the level when only 1 route gives you all the secrets?
>>
>>329103259
I never played the first five or so all that much, the tank controls irritated me. I only played the first reboot and its sequels and I liked them.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.