[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want to see from the NX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: nintendonx.jpg (64 KB, 1300x689) Image search: [Google]
nintendonx.jpg
64 KB, 1300x689
What do you want to see from the NX?
>>
video games
>>
>>329098683
this
>>
>>329098529

games
>>
Not failing horrendously to the mass market
No shitty gameplay-impeding or system-ruining gimmick (like the 3DS, for example)
No mobile integration shit of any sort, but it's pretty guaranteed it'll happen
Nintendo games like they were made in nintendo golden age, like full games, not minigame tier bullshit
>>
>>329098683
>>329098802
>>329098824
you're only getting rehashese sorry.
>>
Amiibos
>>
>>329098529
Online "sales" that compete with Sony and Microsoft.

It would also be nice if the development team would actually look at their competitors, and see what consumers like (such as online sales that actually discount games), what they don't like (such as paid online for P2P gaming), and a willingness to adapt to the times (there's a significant percentage of your target audience that has grown up, and has no interest in censorship that is so heavy handed that not even official art books are left alone).

An architecture that is similar to your competitors to enable easy development would also be seen as valuable to 3rd party devs looking to multi-plat their games.

Finally, drop the odd controllers. Don't get me wrong, I really LIKE the game pad. It's comfortable, and it was very useful in Xenoblade Chronicles X. THAT SAID, nobody wants to bash their head against a wall trying to figure out a way to make it useful. Nintendo couldn't figure out how to do it in Smash or Mario Kart. If you can't do it with your own games, why do you expect devs to love it and run with it? As for the Wii motes, they are horrid, and have been since day one, in my opinion. The only redeemable factor about them is that you can drop MORE money in order to get them to function like a less-elegant PS3 controller (but at least the ebay knock offs are cheap).
>>
>>329098881
>rehashes
It's like I'm in 2013 again
>>
>>329098529
a good 3d mario, zelda and smash

im not holding my breath
>>
>>329098529
undertale
>>
Better online, better hardware, but still that originality that makes nintendo nintendo.

It'd also help if Third-Parties stop making so many fucking multiplats
>>
Nes like difficulty in games
Almost infinite challenge in games
More challenge = more fun
A change of neo nintendo ínto Golden era nintendo by changing manipulation of what people think just to sell mediocre products
Ue4 graphics
Vr capabilities
Steam compatibility
>>
>>329100069
u forgot it should be portible handheld 2 nintenbro
>>
>>329099531
^This guy again. Two more things:

First, please stop pulling bullshit moves, like releasing Xenoblade Chronicles on your online store in the EU, but not in America (forcing people to overpay for a disk due to YOUR error in judging demand, or to play it on an underpowered handheld, but only the "new" one, which looks horrible, even when compared to PS2 standards).

Secondly, there are a lot of SNES games that I enjoy. And I know some companies don't exist anymore, so it's REALLY hard to get the rights to sell them on your store. That said, it REALLY doesn't even feel like you're trying. I look at the PS3 online store, or the Vita online store, and there are an astronomical amount of "Classic" games available for them. At least pretend to compete with them.
>>
>>329098529
steam controller support
>>
I would like to see a failure, it's the only way Nintendo will ever become entertainment.
>>
>>329098529
failure
>>
>>329098529
Games, region free, no more censorship (lol), no more gimmicks (lol). Thats literally it.
>>
>>329100204
That is completely true sorry i forgot
>>
File: Xbox Killer.jpg (20 KB, 550x340) Image search: [Google]
Xbox Killer.jpg
20 KB, 550x340
>>329100514
>Games, region free, no more censorship (lol), no more gimmicks (lol). Thats literally it.
There's already a product for you, its called ____PS4____
>>
>>329100753
>PS4
>games

lol
>>
Gimme 5mash, Fire Emblem, something as grandious as Kid Icarus and I'm ok with it already.
>>
Serious, serious hardware. If it's coming out 3 years after the other two I want it to be powered like it is actually between generations.
>>
>>329100934
Fuck you faggot I like Digimon
>>
>>329101498
You just made me realize that we are about a year away from being halfway through the PS4/Xbone's lifecycle, and I'm still not really excited for either (if NieR Automata was coming out on the PS3, I would have no desire whatsoever to pick up either of those consoles).

Talk about a sad generation, especially when you look at the lack of backwards compatibility in comparison to the launch PS3, the PS3's online store ("oh, you can play those games, you just have to pay for them again - but this is the last time... trust us") or even the 360, really.
>>
File: Joe & Mac.jpg (254 KB, 1440x1350) Image search: [Google]
Joe & Mac.jpg
254 KB, 1440x1350
A new Joe & Mac game
>>
>>329098529
No region locking.
>>
FZERO
Z
E
R
OREZF
>>
>>329098529
An ethernet port you stupid chinks. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>329102423
Oh yeah! That! Why the fuck do we keep being given the option of a "Wired connection," if you never make a console with that capability? And why the fuck wouldn't you make a console with that capability?
>>
>>329102937
Agreed. I have a sinking feeling it's going to be fucking WiFi only again. At a certain point, when they keep pulling this shit, people have to stop giving them money. If they have to go third party or just make Mario anime, fuck it. That's their shareholders problem, not mine.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
This as a launch title
>>
>>329103153
Not to mention, I haven't examined the specs, but looking at the download rate, I'm pretty sure its a mbit wifi connection. It's the only weak link in my house.

I have cables that meet the proposed Cat7 specs, an Archer C7, and a 9Mb connection.

I can understand not having AC wireless signal, but not having a gigabit ethernet port at this point is pretty stupid, in my opinion. Not having an ethernet port at all is beyond retarded.
>>
If they insist on using a touchscreen controller again, at least make it worth the shitty battery life by pushing it's usage in games. Having a mirror output of what's on the tv on the controller is fucking stupid. Plus text is unreadable almost because of the terrible scaling to the touchscreen's resolution.

Built in ethernet is also a must this time, I don't know how they fucked this up especially with readily available cheap ethernet chipsets. Also, if it has usb ports, they should be usb 3.0 compliant and should be able to put out enough current to actually be useful unlike the wii/wii u's usb ports. Also, 2.5 inch hard drive bay, the shitty built in nand on the wii u is slow, and only 32gb in capacity.

Oh, and some fucking software support would be nice too. If the NX has hardware that at least has parity or at best blows the ps4 away(doubt it) 3rd parties might be more interested in nintendo releases. Plus it'll pad out the long as fuck release schedules for nintendo's first party games.

Also, get retro studios working on something, anything. A new animal crossing game would be nice, same with fzero and/or metroid. Just games in general, honestly. Better multiplayer support and online connectivity would be nice, plus proper accounts that aren't tied to a single console.

tl;dr If nintendo fucking makes the nx a worthwhile system with attractive games, it might do alright. Until the ps5 comes around that is.
>>
I wish somebody would leak the specs already. The longer they wait to do it the more concerned I am that the system is very under powered and third parties aren't leaking it so as not to embarrass Nintendo any further.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.