[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friendly reminder you are absolutely pathetic for wanting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: Halo_Guardians.png (133 KB, 275x350) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Guardians.png
133 KB, 275x350
friendly reminder you are absolutely pathetic for wanting to play this
this game is so different from traditional halo you're better off playing any halo from 1-3 for the multiplayer anyway.
if you're a long term fan of the series like me you should probably move on
>>
when the first halo came out, i thought it was dumb, but figured that console bros hadn't really been able to play any good FPSs, so i wasn't too upset

can't say i've paid any attention to halo since. sorry about you
>>
>>329093738
honestly, I would be happy if it came to pc
would be a lot better to watch than a certain tactical shooter that's out there
only if it went back to traditional style arena
>>
>>329093523
i'll go through the whole song and dance and say i've been playing since evolved and halo 5 is the best the multiplayer has ever been and you're retarded if you believe otherwise.
>>
Too bad, I'm still playing it because the gameplay is fun.
FUN
>>
>>329094147
>i've been playing since evolved
like non-stop? how are you alive?
seriously, you you can't tell m you played it religiously like I did. this game is boring as hell and overall too easy and only requires aim
>>
>>329093523
Say what you want, OP. But I've been playing Halo 5's grifball for the past couple of hours and it's easily the best version in the series.
>>
>>329094360
too bad you missd out when it was actually good and not just cod in space SPACE
>>
>>329094690
im more so pissed off that it can't even play on classic 4v4 maps competitively anymore
truth doesn't fucking count, everyone knows its way too big
>>
>>329093929
i thought a couple of them did come to PC? one was game of the month on /v/, i thought
>>
>>329094690
That shit gets me so hyped
>>
File: rrrrr.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rrrrr.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
>>329094859
halo 2 was nothing like what it was on xbl
no pic related ranks and matchmaking also the hit detection was trash and hardly anyone played
halo 1 pc is actually a little different gameplay wise
>>
File: Halo CE for the PC.png (839 KB, 994x1381) Image search: [Google]
Halo CE for the PC.png
839 KB, 994x1381
>>329093523
I agree, but sadly there's no solid alternative that offers similar gameplay to Halos 1-3, on console or PC.

>CS:GO is popular as fuck but has boring gameplay with 0.001 second kill times
>Dirty Bomb/Overwatch are based around press-x-to-win abilities on timers... just like the shitty new Halos
>UT4 isn't bad but it just doesn't scratch the halo itch, plus there's no vehicle play.
>Murder Miners is similar gameplay-wise despite having sprint, but the community is nonexistent on PC and terrible on 360

And the official options aren't much better.
>Halos from Reach onward are too different from the old games
>Master Chief Collection is dead and requires buying an xbone
>Halo Custom Edition has terrible netcode and is infested with hackers and mexicans
>El Dorito is lauded as the definitive Halo PC experience but is still a buggy mess

What's a Halo fan to do?
>>
>>329095214
>CS:GO is popular as fuck but has boring gameplay with 0.001 second kill times
if you're going to play something new, you can't go wrong with cs go
besides halo 5 is literally a twitch shooter now and that shit is awful on console
>>
>warzone
>big team battle
>breakout

Might as well kill yourself OP.
343 did great on the multiplayer.

Who gives a shit about the story in the campaign.
>>
>>329095417
>>warzone >big team battle>breakout
>bragging about the worst matchmaking choices in halo history
you should kill yourself for missing out
>>
>>329095498
nah man break out maps are the best in any shooter.
>>
File: cs.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
>>329095570
>small generic looking forge maps
>good
the reason they're like that is because game would be campy as fuck if you cant find anyone
you might as well just play pic related you moron
>>
>>329095679
Not him, but do you actually hate breakout because you're bad at breakout? I bet it's because you're bad at breakout.
>>
>>329095679
more about pic related it also has lik 5 times more players and doesn't have 2 times less the players that the previous game had
>>
>>329095969
diamond 1 last time I played, h5 is slow as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7z8btxSGEE
vid is what real halo plays like
even ts in h5 is slow and bad
>>
>>329096064
CS:GO was dead in the water until they added the shitty gun skins.
Now it's Call of Duty for PC gamers who think they're any better than Call of Duty players.
Also you type like you're 14 years old, which makes sense because that's the age of the average CS:GO player
>>
>>329096489
>CS:GO was dead in the water until they added the shitty gun skins.
they also added competitive ranks and tweaked some of the spray patterns because when the game first came out it was nothing like cs
anyone who says its like cod is just retarded. even more ironically you're calling it cod when you play halo 5
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (13 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
13 KB, 240x210
>>329093523
>>
>>329096646
>ironically
I apologize for the horrible grammar. I'm a little high right now. point is, its fucking funny when retards like you rip on a series for 15 years then come in when its at its worst and say its amazing. I wouldn't doubt you are absolutely fucking terrible at it too.
>>
File: forgeworldh5.png (1 MB, 1332x1196) Image search: [Google]
forgeworldh5.png
1 MB, 1332x1196
>yfw Forge World will be coming back in April
>>
>>329097374
>not shipping with the game
is that something to be happy about?
>>
>>329096064
CSGO is complete bullshit.

>MUH NEON GREEN TIGER CAMO P90
>MUH SHITTY GAME BALANCE
>>
>>329093523
Campaign and Multiplayer are meh, but WARZONE is amazing
>>
>>329096646
>You play Halo 5
Incorrect anon, I dislike both games. I just hate the CS fags who infest every shooter thread
Seriously why the fuck are you advertising to a thread full of people looking for games like the first three Halos? Do you think they're the same thing because CS doesn't have sprinting?
>>
>>329097514
I'm just saying if you're looking to play halo why on earth are you playing halo 5 or anything after 3
at least cs still has a ton of players and follows the same formula and literally the same maps
>>
>>329097630
>WHY ARE YOU PLAYING HALO 5 instead of CS?
>I dislike Halo 5 and CS, and this thread has nothing to do with CS
>WHY ARE YOU PLAYING HALO 5 instead of CS? BTW I'm high rn xD

The marijuana/CSGO audience, everybody
To back to grinding cases for your post leaf AK skin
>>
>>329097924
>why are you playing anything after 3
>halo 5 is an awful lot like cs
literally better off playing cs
or anything before halo reach
>>
https://youtu.be/wzIr1BZStKE
>>
>>329098260
>remove split screen and destroy resolution just to make 60 fps
>useless ranking system
nothing about halo 5 is better than halo 3
>>
>>329098260
>17 minutes of someone ranting about how most the maps are UNSC themed instead of Forerunner themed.
Saved you all some time.
>>
>>329098467
Thank you, reclaimer
>>
>>329097459
We got 3 forge world equivalents, he just means the literal forge world
>>
>>329098340
The framerate and gameplay are. 3 is slow, floaty, unbalanced shit. It's the brawl of Halo MP
>>
>>329098340
At this point the ONLY thing better about 3 is having infection, which will probably be next month for 5.
Everything else is better for 5
>>
Post the feature list for your ideal Halo game

Basics
>Gameplay of H2
>Movement of H2
>Weapon balance of Reach

Campaign
>Atmosphere of H1
>Level design of H2
>Enemies of H2
>Music of H3

Multiplayer
>Maps of H2
>Forge of H5
>Custom games of H3

Online/Misc Features
>Lobby system of H3
>Matchmaking system of H3
>File share system of H3
>>
>>329093523

Doom 4 looks to be more Halo than Halo 5
>>
>>329097374
>warzone firefight
YES
it better have matchmaking, no odst Bullshit.
>>
I actually went back on mcc today to piss about with a few friends on halo 3 and I was surprised at how much more smooth it was compared to halo 5. It almost felt like halo 5 was a downgrade.

Also how does a remastered halo 2 and full HD halo 4 look way better than halo 5. Halo 5 just looks like absolute ass. Everything is so damn pixelated especially when looking across long distances. I don't know why they didn't just make an upgraded version of halo 4 with halo 5 gameplay. The game would look so much nicer.

I won't deny it though. I'm still most likely going to play the shit out of halo 5 since its the only decent shooter out right now.
>>
Threadly reminder if you didn't like Reach you're not a real Halo fan.
>>
>>329101330
The fact that gameplay was already teased in the Hammer Storm update trailer and in the pic the text for Warzone Firefight has a blue glow around it unlike the others makes me think it will come out well before June, probably in the next update.
>>
>>329093523
Yeah sorry anon, you stomping your feet in a corner isn't working.
>>
>>329102457
The official rankings are

3>Combat Evolved>Reach>2>>>>>everything else.
>>
>>329103350
>>329102457
5 has infinitely better online MP than Reach

Fuck Reach
>>
>>329103871
Ok this >>329103350 is just shit opinion now

2>3>>reach>combat evolved>4>>>>>>>>>>>5
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.