[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played EVE before. Should I start playing it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
I've never played EVE before. Should I start playing it? What is it like?
>>
>>329079456
Ehh.. It'll give you a hunch back
>>
Don't.

It takes too long to get interesting, and you could just use all that time to play like a dozen of good games.
>>
File: 1456006601896.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456006601896.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>329079456
>Tengu

I remember losing a 1,3 bil mission fitted Tengu with some officer mods too (no the really expensive ones) to some rats in an L4 years ago. Litterally rage quit the game after.

Is the Machariel still the best BS in the game? Absolutely loved that ship.
>>
>>329080183
OP here. What game would you suggest? I'm looking for something sci-fi or something spoopy. Pretty much anything as long as it's in depth (and it doesn't have to be an MMO)
>>
>>329080369
>13 (1.3?) Billion teng
>mission running
>dies

Are you retarded?

Best bs is a lot more dependant on taste now personally I pe r fee the rattler for what most people use macs for.
>>
>>329081509
Yeah, was 1.3 bil, I don't remember what happened, I think I got webbed and my tank failed before I could kill the rats who webbed me but its been a long time, don't rememebr exactly.
>>
play it only if you have a fuckton of freetime

it's a very fun game but only if you can put a lot of time into it
>>
File: 1411454137609.jpg (86 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1411454137609.jpg
86 KB, 800x800
>>329079456
A friend tried to get me hooked. I played for a month for free. I only played 1.5 hours of the game.

Realized there were better fames out there and I didn't want to invest the time it takes to get to a point where I'm on par with everyone else.

I ended up getting a refund on steam and watched a bunch of youtube videos of "epic" things that took place in that fame and I felt I got the same effect as playing it for endless amounts of hours.

TL;DR If you absolutely believe you can never have sex with anyone ever, then play it.
>>
>>329079456
It's the only MMO I've ever found interesting. Whatever you do don't invest too many skill points into mining. It may be one of the better ways to make money at first, but it doesn't stay that way.
>>
>>329082690
I am OP. Refer to >>329080626
>>
>>329079456
Don't, anyone telling you to is a troll.
>>
>>329079456
It's a really good game that gets constant development.
Give it a shot
>>
EVE is a good game, but like virtually every other MMO with the exception of like one or two, maybe... if it's a choice between the MMO or some other game, you have to ask yourself:

"Do I want to have fun in the immediate future, or do I want to have fun two hundred gameplay hours from now?"
>>
>>329086132
There's a 3rd option these days.

"Do I want to drop X dollars to have fun sooner?"
>>
>>329079456
its like youre not piloting your ship. Sadly, from an outsiders perspective it seems to have some great depth beyond that.

Then you look at games that let you pilot your ship and realize....that we will get real starships before these asshat Games like Scam Citizen and Mediocre Dangerous:korean grindfest actually become real or interesting
>>
>>329079456
>What is it like?

Interactive screensaver where a vast majority of your progression is made when you're actually not playing it.
>>
>>329080369

Shouldn't have been using Tengu in L4s, it's tank is rather light. You have to pimp it too much to make it work. Shoulda been using a cheap fit Raven.

Mach is dirt cheap now. It is notable because it is the only BS that can warp at the same speed as cruisers, making it really useful for PVP now.

I'd say the best BS is the Rattlesnake right now though.

>>329087716

>its like youre not piloting your shi

You act more like a Captain.

It is one of the few games where players can actually affect the game. It also has an entirely player run economie and power blocks.

Even Star Citizen which promises everything under the sun wont have that.
>>
>>329079456
It's a social MMO.
If you can't interact with other people without being pushed by the game, you're going to have a bad time.

That said it's the single best game for fucking with people on the market.

Don't believe the meme that you have to spend 8 trillion hours in order to do shit. Literally a 2 day old frig can make bank or ruin people's day if played right.
>>
>>329079456
it's a game that throws out amazing stories, but you have to remmember that 99% of the time, it's a dull game where you simply do your chosen job in whatever thing you're doing.

you direct your ship, you don't directly control it.
>>
>>329090681

Small gang is where it is at.

Flying with a small group of trusted friends really makes the game fun. You can do whatever the hell you want, and even a single T1 fit frigate makes a difference.

>99% of the time, it's a dull game where you simply do your chosen job in whatever thing you're doing.

This is 100% true if you go join one of those boring null blobs.

But only a retard would willingly fly with one of them.
>>
>>329090827
>99% of the time, it's a dull game where you simply do your chosen job in whatever thing you're doing.

Only if you have absolutely 0 initiative. Nothing is stopping you from just stopping what you're doing and joining fleets in RvB or FW, or buying a cheap t2 frig and doing some exploration, or becoming a space trucker gigajew.

There's plenty to do, you just have to actually go out and do it.
>>
You can buy X3: Terran Conflict and get the same experience without a subscription.
>>
>>329079456
I always wanted to try it. Figure it could be that one game I could play for years. Interesting, love the setting... Just told its complicated as fuck though. Like painfully.
>>
All I'd want to do is be a space pirate and ambush people and fuck their shit up is this even possible in this game please say yes and that it's not hard to get started
>>
>>329092387
Yes, just join one of the groups that specialize in pvp. What you can do is roam with friends and look for miners or farmers. Going at it alone is doable but hard to do for a new person
>>
>>329092565
So I can just find random people mining and we can profit from destroying him? I'd rather make a living doing that instead of some job then that for the actual fun part.
>>
>>329079456
spreadsheets and politics

at best you'll be a pawn in a massive alliance, at moderate you'll be a pirate in a small pvp ops group at worst you can't do anything but useless boring shit in high sec because you aren't trying to make friends or join a corp
>>
>>329092782
>make a living doing that
Depends on what you define "living" as. Some people make enough money to pay for their account with in-game dosh but if you mean buy ships, then it is possible since one of their modules would be enough to pay for a ship. Some people also give you ships for free since they are really cheap so long as you are a not a massive tool and actually play with them.

Grinding to make enough to pay for a sub would only suck the fun out of the game.
>>
>>329080626
Maybe Elite: Dangerous?
>>
>>329093373
By that I mean enough money to keep pirating. I don't want to have to mine for the money needed to go have fun.
>>
>friend gives me 100mil isk
>PLEX in literally 3 days
how does anyone have to pay to play this game i dont know
>>
>>329093717
Yes, more than enough. It is possible to fly really cheap ships and by looting you would get enough. That's what I did, by not losing too many ships while being a massive vulture and scooping up all the good shit that drops.
>>
>>329094062
Can I drink tears? Not sure if you can hear people bitching when ambushed.
>>
>>329094312
Yeah, it happens a lot. Most of my fun comes from killing people's cynos and generally be an ass while laughing at their mistakes with my friends. Scamming is also A-OK in eve although there are some limits like don't go overboard like forcing them to sing or stuff.

That said, enjoyment in eve really depends on you looking for a group you fit in with.
>>
>>329093727
Station trading?
>>
>>329080626
Starsector. It is sandbox, fighting is real time, and has steep learning curve.
>>
>>329079456
I don't even understand why I still play this pile of shit.

The game is a relic hotglued by idiot devs who based all development on the most vocal histrionic faggots on Reddit.

You'll want to join a corporation (guild) for PVP and learning game mechanics because mining/industry is a fucking joke. The 'you can be what you want!' shtick is a flat out lie and the whole game is centered around PVP combat. Joining a high security space corporation for mining is the worst thing you can do because queers can declare war on your corporation and curb stomp everyone so hard you'll never want to leave station until they forget/get bored. It's also boring.

The game is more of a tear drinking/ego inflator simulator because the only thing people care about is killing nerds and circle jerking.
>>
File: hmJ3Leg.png (121 KB, 383x410) Image search: [Google]
hmJ3Leg.png
121 KB, 383x410
Its really fun

but ts not for everyone
/v/ just memes at it
>>
File: PRryhlF.png (338 KB, 684x596) Image search: [Google]
PRryhlF.png
338 KB, 684x596
>>329097946
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.