[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a shittier and shadier gaming studio/company than Blizzard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 22
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1920x1080
Name a shittier and shadier gaming studio/company than Blizzard
>>
>>324324546
Overkill
>>
Nintendo
>>
>>324324546
Bioware.
>>
Nintendo, Konami, Capcom, EA, Valve, Double Fine, CD Projekt.
>>
>>324324546
Bethesda is shittier, Bioware is a bit shadier
>>
>>324324673
This.

Selling outdated crap for a premium and the shit they did in the 80s.
>>
File: 1431643826331.jpg (176 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1431643826331.jpg
176 KB, 1280x800
WoW went to shit after the Activision merge.

the jews (kotick) literally ruined WoW

just look at the despair on pardo's face, he saw it coming
>>
>>324324546
Tencent
>>
>>324324546
shittier?
Bioware, EA, Ubisoft
shadier?
Valve, Gearbox, Sony, probably others, Blizzard isn't really that shady
>>
>>324324546

you cant get any worse than blizzard activision. they're literally the fucking worst company right next to EA. Though I do hate EA more. At least Blizzard just abuses its retarded followers. EA single handedly dismantled PC gaming and turned it into fucking trash.
>>
>>324324932
Rob Pardo, who put the in-game store in WoW?
>That's why it's a rumor. May happen may not. There was a time when Real ID was here to stay and
micro-transactions would be "A betrayal of the player base" (Rob Pardo ~Senior VP ~Blizzard press release)
>>
Robomodo
Games Workshop
>>
Nexon
>>
>>324324546
Bethesda is right up there with them
>>
Tencent is far worse.

>>324325207
You've never had an original thought, have you? Just spouting nonsense you hear on /v/.
>>
>>324324546
Riot.
>>
>>324325207
>EA single handedly dismantled PC gaming and turned it into fucking trash.
That edge man. EA dropped online passes a while ago, so theres that
>>
>>324325631

Tecent will own everything soon. Better prepare for all your games to be micro transaction bullshit.
>>
>>324324546
Nintendo hands down.
>>
>>324324546
Impossible

>>324324814
Actually this is true. Damn.
>>
File: 1449105989862.webm (624 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1449105989862.webm
624 KB, 854x480
>Blizzard
>Battle.net 2.0
>desktop client DRM
>friends messenger
>no invisible status
>no appear offline status
>friends can see what game you're playing
>friends can see what mode you're playing
>friends can see what zone you are in
>friends can see friend's friends
>can't just have a peaceful, isolated playing experience
>>
>>324325975
>disliking Blizzard because they show your friends how much of a loser you are
at least you're honest
>>
>>324325975
>Final Bossman
Nice
>>
>>324326217
As long as you're saying that every Battle.net user is a loser then I'd agree. All their Bnet 2.0 games are trash and we deserve it.
>>
>>324325631
>>324325927
Can't wait for the Chinese economy to collapse.
>>
>>324324546
Hearthstone and heroes of the storm are pretty good games to be honest. Also, since patch 2.4.0, D3 servers are overloaded like crazy. It's gotten even better than the D2 expansion.
>>
Blizzdrones really go the extra mile to demonstrate their butthurt. I mean this shit is some dedicated autism right here.
>>
>>324324546

Whoever made that shitty dayz ripoff
>>
>>324326782
shill go away
>>
>>324324546

Idea Factory/Compile Heart
EA
Ubisoft
>>
>>324326815
sorry your anti-shill thread didn't work out. I'm sure Valve will still pay you
>>
>>324324546
Nexon.
>>
>>324326782

Wanna fight?
>>
>>324327180
Good post.
>>
>>324324807
Double Fine is so shady that they probably have an IRS case on hand.

>>324326512
Can't have that happen, since America owes REAL money to them. 3 trillion before interest.

>>324325975
Feels absolutely terrible. The entire point of skipping raids, is to use excuses that you weren't online.
>>
>>324324546
polytron
>>
>>324327180
yes
>>
>>324327168
What? The anti-shill thread is made by Blizzdrones. They are a bunch of nihilist autists.
>>
>>324324546
What did they do now? There must be a reason for this butthurt.
>>
Gearbox.
Double fine.
Ubisoft (though they were a bit better than usual in 2015)

Blizzard are really shifty in a lot of ways, but at least make decent(ish) games.
>>
File: 1430333625653.jpg (153 KB, 372x601) Image search: [Google]
1430333625653.jpg
153 KB, 372x601
>>324324932
>that pic

Saved, thanks anon.
>>
What makes me angry about Blizz is that they LITERALLY had the perfect formula for RTS games.
Starcraft BW was hands down the best and most balanced RTS of it's time (with the subsequent patches though). The units where great, the story was incredible, the game felt directly related to your skill, etc...

But, how do you go from BW, to fucking Starcraft 2 is beyond me, I don't know what kind of inbred fucks you have working there to not have a proper game by the time of release, and the worst part is that while HotS was decent (on the multiplayer aspect at least), they butchered everything on LotV. Thank god I haven't bought the game, but the campaign is so bad that Kerrigan becomes Super Saiyan God and the Multiplayer is Rock-Paper-Scissors afaik (Protoss beats Terran beats Zerg beats Protoss)

And what should I say about Diablo? Diablo II was perfect for the genre, so HOW do you fuck Diablo III up? Literally how.
>>
>>324328786
They are about as shifty as anybody else, they don't really follow the shitty trends other publishers do though like season passes; they just happen to be trends that are just as bad that they themselves come up with themselves.

At least they are somewhat creative when it comes to jewing people. Not nearly as creative as Valve though, holy shit.
>>
>>324329517
>Diablo II was perfect for the genre, so HOW do you fuck Diablo III up? Literally how.
Jay Wilson. It's pretty good now that he's been off the dev team for like 3 years
>>
>>324329517
They lucked out on BW. It was by no means intentional. Stuff like muta stacking was clearly not designed to work like that.
>>
>>324329517
Devs don't know what they have. Like how did we go from MGS3 to MGS4 and 5?
Devs don't seem to get that there's no fixing perfection.
>>
>>324324814
>EA is a bit shadier

Fixed it for you. Before the acquisition by EA, BioWare was one hell of a company.
>>
>>324329754
but why not keep it?
they only needed to fix the pathing (that was fucking horrible to be honest) and the unit selection, then re-balance the game around that.
>>
>>324329882
Well, Kojima had artistic (whatever the fuck that means to that man) ideals behind it
Blizz just wants to sell games, and in order to sell you need to have a good game, which Blizzard hasn't been doing for the past 8 years
>>
>>324325134
Glad to see some people know who the real demons are.

>>324325819
And not shocked to see some people don't know about the puppetmasters.
>>
>>324330031
Cause it's a new game. Sorry to tell you this but the moment you gotta add new units the whole balance is thrown out of wack.

BW is BW because it literally stayed the same for decades. Do you see sports suddenly change rules every fucking season? Usually not.
>>
GameMill
>>
>>324330332
Blizzard does what they want, which is the opposite of what fans want. Kojima is fucking insane and his artistic vision screwed the series over.
>>
>>324325975
Why do you have friends in your friends list to begin with?
>>
>>324329517
The only unbalanced thing about brood war was using the science vessel EMP to disable prottoss shields
>>
>>324324546

EA
Activision
Konami
SquareEnix
Tons of others

Blizzard has gone to crap in terms of the quality of their games. And are about nothing but profit. But they're quite up front about it.
>>
TellTale. Literally selling interactive cutscene games in parts.
>>
Sony
Microsoft
SE
EA
Ubisoft
Valve
>>
>>324330924
>opposite of what the fans want
>literally gave in to SJW
>hearthstone
>casualfags in WoW
>Muh Micro Muh Skill in SC2

I mean here's the fucking irony. SC/BW wasn't made to be some globally competitive game. It was created and balanced like a normal fucking multiplayer game aiming for the same standards as all their other multiplayer games. They didn't force 'balance'. They just popped some shit out after seeing some patterns for SC to act as soft counters and left it at that after 7 patches.

Think about how long guys like Boxer reigned on top of BW. Literally an era as far as e-sports goes. No one holds the crown for that long these days. Yet people still refer to it like a god damn bible when it comes to balance.

All it did was just what sports do. Small changes, and let the players adapt instead of giving a shit about whining.

In comparison what is SC2 doing right now? Oh right.

Even D2/D3 had Blizzard listening to people saying D1 was too dark, when the entire fucking point was that you're in a spooky dungeon. Look at Dragon's Dogma, if you're a midget and cross the stream your lantern goes out and you lost your light source. In D3 you put on some items and the whole place may as well be Las Vegas at night. Yeah D2 was undoubtedly better than D1 in terms of sales and longevity, but that's only AFTER you factor in bots and how in D1 people could just cheat their items and had kill hax making replay value low. If D1 didn't let people trainer and kill hax even half as easily and had like 30% of the item variation as D2 it might have been a different story, and the class customization was abysmal to begin with.

Blizzard games were better when their 'power levels' were low tier instead of everything evolving to BIGGER SHOULDER PADS BETTER STATS MORE NEON GLOW SFX AND LEDDIT FACES.
>>
Neo Arenanet
>>
>>324333097
>>literally gave in to skeleton
t. wrathbabby
>>
>>324333097
If they are listening to people then why are people upset? I mean who are the "real fans" here?
>>
>people always shit on Beth
>never mention Zenimax
Every time
>>
>>324324932

WOTLK made wow shit before the merger
>>
>>324334227
WotLK came out AFTER the merger you idiot.
>>
>>324334414

It was developed BEFORE it you moron
>>
>>324333693
Think about it this way. How many fans actually can understand the full cause and effects of their ideas? How many fans just want their own class/character to get stronger while nerfing others? How many fans are just venting cause they aren't having a fun time?

Then think about how a company is supposed to sift through that properly. Like actually gain genuine results from it. Not superficial results like OH THIS IS AN EXPLOIT THANKS or OH PANDAS? HERE'S A PANDA IN THE EXPANSION.

Actual long term forecast, like what cross servers or flight or arenas or anti-world pvp or flashier and edgier gear sets every tier would impact the life of the game.

That's not gonna happen. They were making oceans of money to swim in. They were in over their heads living in the moment. Hell the head guys like Metzen who use to be all edgy and shit even got married. Why would they stay the same, let alone improve?
>>
>>324333661
I don't know if you're talking about me, but I'm a launchfag. I actually stopped before wrath because I got banned for killing too many people during the pre-wrath event. Unless you count me selling arena titles on other people's accounts but that's just a tiny trivial aspect of the game.
>>
>>324335096
You talk as if this is exclusive to Blizzard and not the industry as a whole.
Developers get bigger, they get greedier. It's the cycle.

You think Valve cares about improving Dota 2 efficiently? Why would they when model updates and new heroes can be compendium stretch goals?
>>
>>324324546
You spelled ea/Activision wrong
>>
>>324335363
I never claimed that at all. I'm simply pointing out how Blizzard went from lucking out as the Gods of Balance and Good Game Design to selling out and one trick pony like Bioware.

Valve is different. They also made good games, but first of all unless you count CS 1.6 and that game was obviously not balanced, just competitive, then Valve never gave two shits about balance in the first place. You never saw people refer to HL2 shit or TF2 as paragons of balance. It's just 'fun'. Then they stopped making games.

No different than say Bioware, which is a totally different case of success just like Valve. Why would I compare the success of an companies that thrived for very different reasons just because they all end up being massive jews?
>>
File: top.png (102 KB, 237x248) Image search: [Google]
top.png
102 KB, 237x248
>>324328932
>perminate
>>
>>324335328
idk, when people complain about SJW's and Blizzard in the same breath, 90% of the time it's about Sylvanas's new outfit, which is dumb because it only became like that in Wrath
>>
File: 1451689696398.png (540 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1451689696398.png
540 KB, 900x600
>not playing wow

come on anons, don't you want to have FUN??
>>
File: 1451844103887.jpg (827 KB, 2404x1260) Image search: [Google]
1451844103887.jpg
827 KB, 2404x1260
>>324335797
It's not like they make games for people who pay attention to balance like that anymore anyway. Them pushing e-sports with MLG isn't going to change anything either.

WoW introduced normies and crybaby faggots, there's no fixing that. The only way to fix Blizzard is to turn back time and prevent them from becoming successful. It would be better if they went out of business than become what they have.
>>
>>324336756
Fucking Heavensward has more to do right now than WoD.
I wouldn't be surprised if nobody came back for Legion, WoD was a complete smack in the face and it woke up almost every WoWdrone causing them to leave en masse.
>>
File: wooCvan.gif (2 MB, 330x185) Image search: [Google]
wooCvan.gif
2 MB, 330x185
>>324336756
Fuck this stupid shit and fuck LFG.

>you need to have 720 ilvl to join a raid that drops 700 ilvl gear
>>
>>324324546
Blizzard was good, Activision Blizzard on the other hand is a bad company mkay.
>>
>>324324546
Hirez. Much MUCH shittier. You just don't here of it because they have 3 games.
>>
>>324337496
At least with HI-rez's ASSFAGGOT you can pay once and get all the heroes.
>>
>>324336829
>It's not like they make games for people who pay attention to balance like that anymore anyway.

Overall you are right, but they are still 'attempting' to with SC2 LOTV, and no doubt in the past when WoW arena was huge in the e-sports scene they were trying really hard to constantly 'balance' which is now practically ingrained in how they work patch changes. Otherwise why would buffs and nerfs keep coming every damn major update?

I also agree that there's no cure for Blizzard. As I said in hindsight they never had the potential to balance anything, they just lucked out on several games during a time when making a game was vastly simpler. It would not have mattered if they 'stuck' to the formula or not, because they never aimed to get to that point intentionally, it just fell in their lap after some hard work and they thought they actually were geniuses as a result.
>>
File: mmos.png (229 KB, 1600x2509) Image search: [Google]
mmos.png
229 KB, 1600x2509
>>324336829
>>
>>324338167
It's funny because WoD catered to the 1% with raids and lost the other 99% of its sub base.
>>
>>324338167
Careful with that, it's an antique.
>>
Activision.
>>
Valve.
>>
>>324338437
Hopefully Legion doesn't go down the same path, but with Blizzard acquiring Candy Crush and some of the actual company being sold off I'm not very optimistic...

this thread is giving me the itch, i almost want to play again
>>
Activision isn't as hands on as you think. Blizzard still make grey games. All the sc2 and D3 are great granted D3 did start rough.

Blizz haters are typically former wowfags or nostalgiashits who actually think D2 > D3.
>>
>>324338747
>but with Blizzard acquiring Candy Crush and some of the actual company being sold off I'm not very optimistic...
Are you talking about the scraps of shares Vivendi had after ActiBlizzard bought themselves from them? That's not going to make a difference.
>>
>>324338167
he's the guy that took the selfie during the legion announcement right?
>>
>>324338747
It doesn't matter which path Legion goes down, it's destined to suck dick. It's literally a game that shoehorns you with a chosen one weapon in a fucking MMO and thinking modding it a lot somehow makes up for it.

Know what game recently thought adding lots of mods to their shitty weapons would make up for the lack of itemization? Fallout 4. Ever took a look at those steam charts on play times?

Literally resembles WoD subscriber charts.

History merely repeats itself.
>>
>>324338847
>2016
>Blizzard literally outsourcing their shills
>>
>>324337618
I know some shit they've done to friends. One they permabanned his Smite account which had money on it because he was just slightly abrasive. Deserved a warning at least. That's not the worst though, I had a good friend I played every day with, he spent literally over a thousand dollars on his account. They permabanned it because he let his younger brother use his account (his younger brother didn't live with him). And once they permaban they don't lift it, no matter what. Spend money on Hirez and they will fuck you in the ass with a pitchfork.
>>
>>324339181
Blizzard doesn't outsource anything. Kotick got butthurt over the WoW movie so much he created an entire studio dedicated to making ActiBlizzard related media.
>>
>>324339494
Why does no one post Kotick pictures anymore here. Used to be fucking everywhere.
>>
>>324339494
That just makes it even sadder.
>>
>>324339361
Guess Dota 2 really is the only way to go.
>>
>>324338969
I'm just afraid Blizzard is preparing for this to bomb. Just a spitball theory, but I feel like Overwatch, HotS, Candy Crush, and Hearthstone are a cushion because they know WoW won't last much longer. And once it does die, or once Legion does fail to bring back the subs WoD lost, they'll have these other games that aren't quite as good to fall back on and continue being cashcows that can keep WoW afloat.

>>324339015
Yeah I was tempted to see what they would do with the artifact weapon system thinking maybe it could be unique like XIV did giving you a long epic quest, but they just hand it to you at 100
>you are the one chosen to wield the ashbringer, congratulations
>camera pans out
>thousands of other paladins in the same room all wielding ashbringers
>don't feel so heroic anymore
>well maybe I can find a different weapon
>oh there are no weapons
>well maybe I can use talents
>there are no talents, they're embedded in the artifact weapon
>well I still have my glyphs
>there are no glyphs, artifact weapon is all you need

I keep wanting to like Legion, but the more I see of it the more I hate it...
>>
>>324340190
Really don't see the problem with relics.

They'll upgrade as per you normally would by completing content. It just means not everyone has to pray for the 10% drop for that one weapon they need.

Also pointless customization. People bitch when it's not there or cry when it's gone, but ultimately it boils down to everyone using the highest efficient/cookie cutter build.

Regardless talents still exist don't they? And they're adding a pvp tree, I thought?
>>
>>324340190
Hearthstone is currently making more money than WoW. WoW isn't their cashcow game anymore, the fate of Blizzard is completely undeterred by WoW.

Blizzard continues to support WoW just like they support all their other games, fucking Everquest got a new expansion the same time WoD came out. It's not unusual for an MMO to receive content like this even when it's fallen from relevancy.

The only thing Legion bombing will do is drive WoW into obscurity, which is still amazing after maintaining 11 years of dominance.
>>
>>324324546
Obsidian.
Keeps making half-assed games and keeps blaming other companies for it.
Nothing if worse than people who can't admit their duck ups.
>>
>>324340504
>Why let people make choices when there's clearly an optimal route to take? Fuck freedom I know what's best for you therefore it's the most enjoyable!

I don't think you even understand the appeal of MMORPGs. After all you've spent more time in a shitty instance than interact with more than 25 people.
>>
>>324324546
Valve
>>
>>324327180
Don't you love DX 9.0c so fucking much?
>>
>>324324546
I was tempted to say Activision but it's kind of a moot point
>>
>>324325629
Not really
>>
>>324325975

>friends

FUCK OFF NORMIE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>324340902
They are arguably worse. Blizzard is killing themselves. Bethesda is threatening modding itself. Granted given how shit FO4 is it's probably not gonna kill it, but attempted murder is still attempted murder.
>>
>>324324546
343 Industries.
>>
>>324324546
Obsidian
>>
>>324341052
I don't see how a stock portfolio growing every year is killing themselves exactly.
>>
>>324340190
talents still exist in legion. apparently theres more talents now because there is a different pvp talent tree.
glyphs still exist in legion (new system though, once you get a glyph its activated forever. no more 3 minor/3 major, you can have 1 glyph per spell for every single spell)

there are plenty of legitimate things to complain about, stop making up lies.
>>
>>324324546
LJN
Accolade
Present Nintendo
Present Konami
Present SEGA
EA
Every phone app game creator
etc.
>>
File: 240px-Blizzardnorth.png (66 KB, 240x139) Image search: [Google]
240px-Blizzardnorth.png
66 KB, 240x139
>>324324546
Pic related was the only reason Blizzard was good. Now they're complete shit and owned by Jews.

Vanilla WoW was fucking amazing. The expansions were all shit, but God damn, Vanilla gives me a raging boner thinking about it.
>>
>>324341383
>Blizzard North
>Who wanted to make Diablo a turn-based RPG
>Who went on to make GW2
>>
>>324341143
>implying Killing modding = Killing Bethesda

Anyone know how to dumb it down for this low INT guy? I'm not sure what to put for sarcastic.
>>
>>324329661

the game got even worse after jay wilson left

it was hyper grindy and super difficult and the casuals raged and now its the most cupcake bullshit game ever

i literally went back and played it and hit max level, fully geared my character and got top 100 in solo ladder all in the same day

ill never buy another blizzard game. just money grabs and made for casuals now
>>
>>324341469
I was referring to Blizzard but alright.
>>
>>324329754

>muta stacking not intentional
>corsair splash directly countering it...
>>
File: onepiece.jpg (58 KB, 602x191) Image search: [Google]
onepiece.jpg
58 KB, 602x191
YOU ARE NOW AWARE THAT THE CEO OF 4KIDS WAS ROBERT KOTICK.
>>
Capcom

>ruins resident evil with 6 and RC
>makes the new game episodic
>lol megaman
>Megaman legends 3 manages to be an even bigger fuck you than just ignoring him
>25th anniversary game is literally a fanmade rom that they slapped their logo onto
>literally held a steam sale entirely for DLC
>dont acknowledge any of their pre-2000's games besides RE, SF, and Monster hunter
>lol, how about we lock most of the SF V characters behind paywalls
>>
>>324341661
>Never in the history of video game making has a company allowed a fun bug to stay and designed a game play aspect around it with subsequent addons/expansions/sequels

How newfag are you? Are you even 18? I bet Starcraft is older than you are.
>>
>>324324546
Friendly reminder Blizzard streams Blizzcon behind a paywall and has pop up pre order advertisements alongside their anouncements.

I can't name a single other company that is so obviously greedy and aggressive with their marketing. Most companies make their announcements for free, but not Blizzard. Everything has a fee in Blizzard's world...literally everything.
>>
File: ilvl.png (321 KB, 573x408) Image search: [Google]
ilvl.png
321 KB, 573x408
>>
>>324341760
Holy shit he was. But the CEO of Blizzard is Mike Morhime anyways.
>>
>>324341898
Its Activision, what do you expect? They'd put locked data in DLC for more DLC.
>>
>>324341760
Literal proof that dubfags are cancer in everything they do in life.
>>
>>324340504
Yeah they're supposed to be adding a PVP tree as well, but classes are so unbalanced who even wants to PVP anymore?

My biggest problem is just that so many abilities have been pruned the classes have become so homogenized. Every class is a cookie cutter with an execute, damage reduction, on demand heal, CC break, and the biggest difference between the classes now is the transmog.

You no longer really need every class to do a raid because instead of everyone bringing something different they all have the same benefits. Now every class has to compete with each other dps wise because instead of
>this mage isn't doing as much dps as the others but we need him for remove curse
and now with remove curse gone
>this mage isn't doing as much dps as the others lets kick him and get someone else he doesn't bring anything unique and another rogue would be just as good
>aspects are gone so we don't need this hunter
>totems are gone so we don't need this shaman
>>
File: 1440961256801.jpg (1 MB, 4751x3086) Image search: [Google]
1440961256801.jpg
1 MB, 4751x3086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjZvATtq90
>>
>>324338167
Is this accurate and if it is is there an artical or something i can read?
>>
I don't really think Blizzard are that shitty, sure, Diablo 3 release was a disaster and wotlk, cata and mop sucked ass imho, but Reaper of Souls, Starcraft 2 and all the xpacs, Heroes of the Storm, WoD and soon Overwatch is bretty gud actually

But fuck hearthstone
>>
>>324342124
The only thing I'll miss here is Starcraft: Ghost. The idea was fun, and tons of HL2 mods and shit basically used the same formula later on to great success.

Hilarious how they could somehow fuck it up yet now they are banking on Overwatch which is pretty much a shittier version of SC Ghost multiplayer.
>>
>>324341898
Blizzcon has always been incredibly exclusive. Game media outlets still give announcements at the time of their reveal as does the battle.net news so it doesn't really matter unless you want to see it live.
>>
>>324342124
>the Warcraft movie
>based on WoW
>>
>>324342327
Starcraft: Ghost was also the last game Blizzard outsourced. The last game they cancelled Lord of the clans was also outsourced. Probably the reason everything is done in-house now.
>>
EA will always the only correct answer, no matter how asspained you faggots are about Blizzard "ruining" WoW or whatever.
>>
>>324342310
I don't think there's an article, but you can just look up Jeffrey Kaplan (tigole) and go from there. A lot of his rants are still available to read.
>>
>>324342124
>Diablo is based on Baldur's Gate
what the fuck
>>
>>324342401
I hate that they've extended this to their games as well making it very secluded
>well these guys signed up for the Overwatch beta AT blizzcon and have been playing blizzard games forever...
>on the other hand this guy just started playing WoW yesterday but gets tens of thousands of viewers on Twitch
>lets give the invitation to the streamer! fuck the loyal fans!
>>
The MMO genre peaked with UO anyways
>>
>>324342512
>"ruining" WoW

WoW lost its steam about 6 months after launch. Only a moron kept playing it after that.
>>
>>324341557

>game out for years still no PVP
>can fully gear your character in a day now
>game rains loot nonstop
>cheap shit WoWesque graphics

all the casuals "this is great this is the diablo 3 i wanted!"

fucking hate you all
>>
>>324341861

even vanilla starcraft had irradiate to counter muta stacking faggot
>>
>shady
no
>shitty
yes, it takes a special kind of stupid to destroy three of the greatest franchises in the span of, what, a year.
>>
File: V2fIwLl.png (217 KB, 640x290) Image search: [Google]
V2fIwLl.png
217 KB, 640x290
>>324324546
BUNGIE

BUNGIE

BUNGIE

BUNGIE

BUNGIE

BUNGIE

BUNGIE

BUNGIE
>>
>>324342770
I think the point of the beta was solely for testing and not letting everybody have a taste like the Battlefront beta was. If they invited a wider range of people they would have more feedback to sort through and we'd just end up with a clusterfuck like WoW. But we are going to end up with it regardless because Blizzard is fucking retarded.
>>
>>324342885
Whatever, just play PoE like everybody else.
>>
>>324324546
343 industries.

at least Blizzard has a history of quality these faggots are just riding on the coat tails of someone elses success and they have yet to put out a single good game.
>>
>>324338167
This is one old as fuck image.
>>
>>324342482
Yeah but they were stupid to just ax it. They should have just took what was done with it and worked on it in-house if it wasn't up to snuff. The concept itself was what was important as the Starcraft universe wasn't WoWfied yet like SC2 made it ya know full of SSJs and squid gods and ANCIENT SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY locked in their mother's basement.

I mean fuck, when was it ever implied Gantrithor or whatever the fuck ship Tassadar was on was an ancient carrier? It looked just the fucking same as a normal carrier. It's one thing for Bethesda to not respect the lore of a franchise they bought and then proceed to spin it however they like, it's another when you fuck up your own work a decade later just because you had kids and decided to get lazy.
>>
Friendly reminder to buy wc3+tft from battlenet it costs $50. 13 y/o game
>>
>>324336829
Fuck me I'm at stage 4 of that pic right now with my group of friends.
>>
>>324343450
>lol if you want to immerse yourself you better fork up cash

Fuck you, Bungie
>>
>>324324546
Facebook
>>
>>324342997
Yeah, unintentionally. Now stop shit posting you dumb nigger might as well say X counters Y so it's proof that it was intentional cause a fucking gook managed to pull it off at 130 apm.
>>
>>324343869
Blizzard is really anal about their standards of quality. It's why the underwater raid in Cataclysm was axed.

But see, when they do release something of sub-par quality instead of just axing it you get garbage like HotS. At least Titan was salvageable enough that Overwatch can be its own thing with non the wiser, HotS was a SC2 mod that runs on the same engine and uses the same match making system and completely suffers from it. That and the messy concept of the game itself which is just a re-structured dota clone trying to be another game.

The fucking Cinematic is their worst ever, it's just recycled cinematic assets re-used.
>>
EA
Square/enix
Nintendo

Those are shittier than blizzard. Blizzard is still shitty beyond imagining but those companies are worse.
>>
>>324344162
Which is ironic considering WC/SC were based on other games they were working for other people, but all of a sudden they can't take a 3rd party's work for their own franchise and fix it for themselves?

You just know they got big headed at that point.
>>
File: turbine-logo.jpg (14 KB, 638x275) Image search: [Google]
turbine-logo.jpg
14 KB, 638x275
Say what you want about Blizzard, they are nowhere near as bad as Turbine are company wise when it comes to their MMOs and listening to their consumer base.
>>
>>324344417
It's more that Blizzard dota went through so many design changes that it became a big fucking mess. Turning it into it's own game pretty much cluster fucked it. I think development hell played a bigger part than having big heads.
>>
>>324344093

>if things were balanced (intentionally or not) they left it alone
>if things were overpowered they fixed it (increasing cost of spawning pool.. etc..)

"they got lucky"
>>
>>324344162

>anal about quality
>diablo 3 is a giant abortion that should have been axed
>>
>>324324546
Ubisoft
>>
>>324344898
I think it's more in terms of graphic quality. And since Sam Wise is the art director for fucking everything now I guess he thought D3 looked good. Even though it's complete shit.
>>
>>324344812
> all stats come ready with spec
[citation needed]
>>
>>324325167
>implying Valve's not shady as fuck
>implying you own any of "your" steam games
>>
>>324324932
>"we don't have the resources"
>literally the biggest money making company in the business

What a joke. Even Hookers and Coke can't be THAT much against how much they earn in a fucking month let alone a year.
>>
>>324336965
>Fucking Heavensward has more to do right now than WoD.
lmao no
Heavensward is abysmal.
>>
>>324345195
I was literally saying that. For all the shit Blizzard pulls, at least they don't release people's personal information on Christmas Day and then not explain or apologize
>>
>>324345363
I think they mean resources as people, not money. They could hire more people sure, but in the time it would take to train them to know how to work on the game it wouldn't be efficient.

The people they hired back when WoD was released are probably just starting to work on Legion.
>>
>>324344748
>7 patches after expansion
>People back then were still complaining like crazy
>There was no international gook playing field at the time of 1.07
>Blizzard just practically stopped and didn't bother at all
>Many many years later the scene changes
>Blizzard adds like a tiny change to 1.08 after generations of meta strats/builds come and go
>Everyone praises BW as the pinnacle of balance rivaling chess despite pro gamers arguing that flavor/trend is OP

"Totally intentional"

Look faggot you're the only retard here shilling and you're doing a poor job of it cause you can't even samefag properly.
>>
>>324345363
But the hookers are green and roided up. That doesn't pay for itself you know.
>>
>>324345885

what was unbalanced?

TvZ was a little unbalanced i guess but outside of that i think there wasnt much to justify any changes

"only 7 patches" name one thing they should have changed mr "they abandoned an unbalanced game"
>>
>>324345501
But muh free heroes.
>>
>>324324546
Anything EA owns.
>>
>>324345157
Just read their fucking blog, they can't balance for shit so now they will control stats with spec, so no stat customization allowed, literally the character comes with spec.

Gear will simply slowly bring up the numbers to those, and no extra stats or different builds are allowed like more haste for x.
>>
>>324346526
What blog?
Link it.
>>
>>324346526
Stat building hasn't been a thing since CATA anyway. You don't even benefit from stats outside your class range anyway, considering the way classes are designed now I can't see how they would.
>>
>>324342080
wait what the fuck? they got rid of aspects and totems? what about pally auras?

... and why? why would they delete these things?
>>
>>324347595
Secondaries have always mattered and still matter.

They just made primaries essential for each class because they dont want hunters rolling on warrior gear and other retarded shit like that.
>>
>>324347595
It was a thing when Reforging was around, not sure if it was in Cata but it made for some great stat customization in MoP
>>
>>324347680
They got rid of them too lol but brought them back again? Can't confirm I never bothered playing since MoP.
>>
>>324347680
auras were removed in MoP
paladin seals are being removed in Legion

>While they've been around forever, they haven't delivered on gameplay, so Seals will be a thing of the past.
>>
>>324341383
Blizzard North lucked the fuck out with Diablo 1 and 2.

Everything else everyone from that company ever made before those two games, and after those two games, has been utter dogshit.
>>
>>324348098
Well it is true. But I don't understand why they can't just fix seals so they have a purpose.
>>
>>324348098
They should just remove classes next and make one class with Tank/Healer/DPS specs, just in case people are still confused about characterization and all that.
>>
tl;dr

To sum up the thread, no gaming company has been spared any criticism and hatred by the almighty, talented /v/
>>
>>324347380
>>324347595
I ll try to check but this is certain since it is the reason I stopped playing wow.

I want to play an rpg, and customize my character, I don't want a ready character based on spec I choose, I want to change stats to focus on my play style, like more crit, more damage, more multistrike etc
>>
>>324348250
They tried some shit with a talent that boosts seal and judgement effectiveness and shit but they couldnt get shit right.

Rets never made sense.
>>
>>324348250
not enough resources

:^)
>>
>>324348373
That will not change.

Only in PVP instances you will get static stats to keep an even playing field.
>>
Is Blizzard that shady? I feel like they're pretty open about their shitty practices.
>>
File: 1439268375259.jpg (94 KB, 429x380) Image search: [Google]
1439268375259.jpg
94 KB, 429x380
>>324328932
>perminate
>>
>>324348364
If everyone thought like you, we'd all still be living in caves.
>>
>>324348385
Why do people quote this when the context for it was more PVP mounts, which is more manpower for that instead of other things. It's not like Blizzard has people on-staff who are twiddling their thumbs, they aren't Japanese developers trying to get employees to quit because they won't give them work.
>>
>>324348554
They aren't shady, they are just retarded. Konami is fucking shady. Konami is fucking awful to its employees.
>>
>>324348537
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17289309184
>>
>>324348652
because they won't give us a true explanation of why they're removing a lot of this stuff, just
>well we didn't feel it was being utilized correctly so instead of fixing it we're just removing it
>maybe we'll bring it back in a future patch or something
>>
>>324348568
Unga bunga rockstop.
>>
>>324348554
Most of the hate they receive is because they actually announce all the shit other companies keep secret.

They dont know when they should shut up.
It was EXTREMELY bad in WoD. Most of the community fallout couldve been avoided.

They need to take PR lessons.
>>
>>324348801
>PVP
You havent customized shit in PVP since TBC:
You took the PVP sets that were given to you and thats it.
The only difference between you and other PVPers was the ilevel.
>>
Bethesda
EA
Konami
>>
>>324324546
Bioware.
>>
>>324348856
how did WoD even make it out of the meeting
>Karabor and Bladespire will be hubs for players!
>that'll never work
>lets make a 24/7 pvp zone and call garrions faction hubs
>but the garrisons are instanced
>feh
>everyone just hangs out in ashran since its pretty much a hub in itself
>>
>>324348810
A lot of the people who work on these kinds of games tend to move on to other developers and other projects instead of staying, so when the new team comes in and they don't know how to approach something like scenarios because it takes time away from what features they want to introduce or whatever, they just outright cut it. It's usually things they consider to be failed experiments or things that didn't meet their expectations or can't plan for like scenarios. All the scenario stuff for WoD was out in the open.

It is easier to remove something than try to fix it, especially with a game that has 11 years worth of shit piled on to it. Sorting through all that is more effort than it would be worth, and giving an explanation for that wouldn't benefit Blizzard in any way.

Going back and fixing shit often ends up breaking more shit, the new models alone caused more trouble than they were worth. They can't really fix all this crap when they are trying to meet quotas for development of content patches and new expansion content either. If it doesn't have a purpose in the new expansion, it isn't getting looked at. It's why Stormwind hasn't been fixed, it isn't the main hub anymore.
>>
>>324349276
Ashran was an attempt to revitalize the 24/7 Alterac Valley BG experience and it failed.
>>
>>324324546
Bethesda
Bioware
Irrational
modern id
modern capcom
modern everything
>>
>>324324932
>Warcraft went to shit after WoW
fixed
>>
elctronik atrs
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 625x790
>brainless /v/ drones hating on bioware
Too bad I enjoy all of their games since I can't self insert and the character isn't made for me ;^)

Also gay aliens :3
>>
File: 1318841914726.jpg (10 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1318841914726.jpg
10 KB, 200x150
>Dr. Boom is UNANIMOUSLY agreed to be overpowered by absolutely everyone and is still never nerfed
>Card rebalances were promised to be a regular occurance but just flat out stopped
>The last balance patch, which was ages after the one before that and around 6 months ago now, was a nerf to the cheapest of three cards that enabled a difficult-to-play combo deck
>Blizz continues to shit out new overpowered cards while the vanilla set is left in the dust
>Ben "you don't know how good the new Warsong Commander is" Brode releases a "designer insights" video that basically just consists of him whining about the fanbase is entitled
>he's still in charge despite being completely fucking stupid and out of touch with the game

How long do you think it is before HS finally dies?
>>
Did Blizzard do something bad recently? I haven't been keeping track.
>>
The odd gentlemen
>>
>>324324546
Ubisoft
>>
>>324351395
Will take a while. But I agree that new cards makes older cards obsolete.
>>
File: Fuck 2.gif (2 MB, 409x398) Image search: [Google]
Fuck 2.gif
2 MB, 409x398
>>324341907
>linear raid progression causes a lot of problems
Oh I'ma mad now.
>>
>>324342124
The Warcraft movie is about Warcraft, not world of warcraft.

This guy is a retard.
>>
>>324324546
Just about any studio is worse than Blizzard. Cos Blizzard is not shitty or shady
>>
File: 323423.gif (4 MB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
323423.gif
4 MB, 286x395
Blizzard keeping nerfing my favorite cards in hearthstone.

Actually that's not true. They don't nerf the cards. They kill them, and make them absolute fucking dogshit.

Fuck Blizz.
>>
>>324356264
go to bed Valeera
>>
>>324356264
Miracle rouge, please go.
>>
>>324356557
That wass literally her only good deck.

Oil rouge has like a 50% winrate now.
>>
>>324356074
It's very much a Wow movie, made to be recognizable by wow fags
The art direction, the dindun orc lore, dalaran flying, etc.
that movie is the very definition of retroactive continuity
>>
>>324356635
That's good enough if you ask me.
>>
File: 1409344521728.png (205 KB, 571x726) Image search: [Google]
1409344521728.png
205 KB, 571x726
>>324328932
>implying ghostcrawler handled GM duties
>implying these aren't just retard europeans on a private server
>>
>>324349720
> gay aliens

> gayliens
>>
>>324357819
>implying a gm would bother waiting all that time waiting for the faggot to send him 0 replies.
>>
>>324324546
EA
that was easy
>>
>>324345195
>implying you own any of "your" steam games
class action lawsuit when?
>>
Reminder that Brood War is being broadcast tonight. Korea time is back.
>>
>>324362141
MY LIFE FOR AIUR
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.