[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGS V TPP is the biggest disappointment ever in the history of gaming.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 30
File: 1438942229-ontrolroom-ps4.jpg (983 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438942229-ontrolroom-ps4.jpg
983 KB, 1920x1080
Let's be honest /v/, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was a bigger disappointment than Deus Ex Invisible War, Mass Effect 3, and Duke Nukem Forever.

Possibly combined.

MGS 4 was laughably bad at parts, but in many ways for all the bullshit it pulled, it felt like a complete game and a proper send-off for the franchise.

PW was a portable game, many of it's shortcomings are easy to forgive.

But they had 5 years making TPP and literally just one job, "Don't Fuck It Up"...
and they did.

This was easily the biggest disappointment in the history of video games, and yes I'm keeping in mind the titles that flopped like Daikatana and shit.

How did they fuck up. So. Damn. Bad?
>>
>>323894062
here's your reply
>>
Spore was a bigger disappointment.
>>
>>323894162
Thanks for including the one game I forgot.

Spore was not a bigger disappointment than MGS V, all of the videos showing Spore after it's initial showing hinted at it being a shell of it's initial concept.
>>
They completely lied about the theme of the game.

Fuck this base infiltration shit.
>>
MGSV was the biggest disappointment but was still a far better game than what you posted
>>
>>323894162
Not OP, but hardly.

You need to remember that Metal Gear is one of the oldest vidya series, the first with an actual story spanning across several games, and that kept its integrity throughout the decades as it remained directed by its very creator. It's a one of a kind franchise.

To add to that, there are two main storylines, and this game was the missing link. Unless there's a sequel which finally addresses it all, there will never be expectations on the level of MGSV ever again.
>>
>>323894368
What's worse is MGS 2's marketing lied, but it was actually supporting and bolstering up it's theme.

The lies for TPP are just outright deceitful marketing.
>>
>MGS 4 was laughably bad at parts, but in many ways for all the bullshit it pulled, it felt like a complete game and a proper send-off for the franchise.

>No one big zone for the main game like every good MGS
>A weapon shop instead of weapon and gadget locations you find throughout the game that change based on the difficulty
>Auto-camo making stealth a joke where you just crawl through everything without any problem
>The worst boss unit in any mainline game with no impact on the story and horrible exposition dumps about them after you beat them
>Ocelot isn't actually possessed and just hypnotized himself to pull one huge fucking retarded meme
>Big Boss not only being alive but Snake happening to go to the exact spot Big Boss would arrive to drop off the patriot just in time to give some of the most convoluted and retarded exposition dumps in the entirety of MGS.

The saying is that brevity is the soul of wit. This cannot be applied in the slightest to MGS4. It is by far the worst MGS not inlcuding PW and PO. I haven't even scratched the surface with how shit it is.
>>
hey at least they actually did do MGO3
>*cqcs u from across the map*
>>
I liked it. Story-wise is weaker than the games preceding it, but the game is really fun to play. To be fair I haven't finished it (I just unlocked main mission 40), but I've enjoyed 160 hours of it.
>>
I agree OP, I got a used ps3 and finished mgs 4 two weeks ago, after that I was so hyped to play mgs 5. And then... nothing, nothing to do on mother base, all missions are the same, big boss has no character, there are no boss fights, there are no funny moments, no unexpected events ever happen on a mission... there's literally nothing at all.

This game is literally far cry 2 in third person, lifeless outposts scattered about in a lifeless map, a tacked-on buddy system and some unexisting story.
>>
>>323894162
This

/thread

>>323894276
>>323894450
Fuck off underage
>>
>>323894462
>MGS 4
>Worse than TPP

Top fucking kek, they're both shit but anyone with a brain knows that 4's better. And that's saying a lot because 4's practically brainless story-wise.
>>
File: Plorkok.jpg (14 KB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
Plorkok.jpg
14 KB, 300x244
>>323894062
>actually getting hyped or expecting even a good game after piss walker and ground demo

stupid kid.
>>
>>323894654
Go fuck yourself, Deus Ex Invisible War came out before Spore too and I mentioned that.

Honestly Spore is baby's first disappointing game, you know that because the idiots that bought into it trusted EA, who were already shown to be going under the time that game was ready to come out.
>>
>>323894062
>the most polished game to date
>multi million dollar engine
>best graphics and stealth game ever
>heavenly soundtrack

But there's no gay kiss scene on arsenal gear. Faggots like you are the cancer of gaming. Why complain about quality? I bet you bought FallOut4 because it didn't scare you with too many surprises.
>>
>>323894686
Considering Portable Ops also sucked it's understandable why someone could wave away Peace Walker as just another unfortunate accident.

Ironically enough the card-game spinoff AC!D was actually decent and better than the "true" portable gears.
>>
I don't think it was a dissappointment. We got gameplay footage months before it came out and a demo that was basically the same shit. If you didn't realize you didn't like it by then you're a fucking idiot.

Also V was different in the sense there wasn't as many cutscnes and direct character happenings but there was still a shit ton of exposition and cool fights. Truth tapes were the shit too. I could go on but basically the only thing I can understand being disappointed about is konami actually fucking kojima over and possibly cutting the game short. However even then I put over 100 hours in and had tons of fun. MGS2 is still the best but V is a great game.

Also politely saged
>>
>>323894735
>revisionist history; the post
Its way past your bed time to be making shitposts on /v/, go to bed kid.
>>
File: 1416709912383.jpg (38 KB, 326x346) Image search: [Google]
1416709912383.jpg
38 KB, 326x346
>>323894792
>THE MOST POLISHED GAME TO DATE
>BEST STEALTH GAME EVER
>HEAVENLY SOUNDTRACK

Holy fuck can you b8 any harder faggot?
>>
>>323894659

It's a video game you autistic nigger. At least MGSV has fun gameplay and the story is honestly better than anything in 4 despite it hardly existing.

I mean fuck, the tapes alone blow 4s story the fuck out. 4 is a piece of shit in pretty much every way.

You Zelda cycle autists are the worst. First with this shit and now with star wars. You don't look cool for having a contrarian opinion, you just look like a substanceless idiot with stockholme syndrome.
>>
MGSV was the biggest disappointment since my son.
>>
>>323894805
Portable Ops was a little less bad, it at least made an attempt to make interesting maps that weren't just straight corridors.
>>
File: 1335796930154.jpg (269 KB, 1024x655) Image search: [Google]
1335796930154.jpg
269 KB, 1024x655
>>323894062
disarm the nukes nigger
>>
>>323894062
MGSV was spectacular and my personal GOTY for 2015. Stop trying to force this meme of MGSV being terrible. It's as irritating and wrong as "Mass Effect as a series was irredeemably ruined by the ending." No, fuck off.
>>
>>323894651
and after those first 10 minutes, what did you think of it?
>>
>>323894929
except mass effect was irredeemably ruined by the ending, stop being a retard
>>
>>323894929
The ME thing is true though
>>
>>323894929
>Stop trying to force this meme of MGSV being terrible.

Stop trying to force this meme of MGSV being anything but terrible.
>>
>>323894861
>fun gameplay

MGS 4's gameplay was objectively better than the repetitive bullshit you call V's gameplay.

And yes, I'm considering that there were massive pacing issues and the last level is barely a level.

When you were playing MGS 4, it had distinct scenarios that felt unique and challenged the player (reminder that V isn't in any way a challenge)
>>
>>323894976
>>323894978
I guess I should have known better than post in a bait thread
>>
>>323894062
>4 was a proper send-off for the series

one day people are going to honestly believe this and it worries me
>>
File: 1438856827325.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1438856827325.gif
2 MB, 400x400
Daily reminder that nostalgiafags are cancer killing video games.
>>
>>323894859
I'm sorry you bought bethesda's turd game FagLord 4. Should have bought a good game instead of pleb crap marketed on bus stops.
>>
>>323894659
Both 4 and V are brainless story-wise. But V had way better gameplay so V wins.
/thread
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-15-05-46.png (200 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-15-05-46.png
200 KB, 540x960
>>323895013
>>
>>323895002

There was nothing challenging about MGS4's stealth. You just crawled around auto-camoing everything. The levels were dogshit, especially that fucking part where you have to follow the guy. God what a piece of shit. Shadow Moses was the best part of the game and the gameplay in that was horrid as well, just giant empty hallways with mini geckos. Don't get me started on the worst boss fights in the entire series. If your boss fights are worse than even PWs you know you fucked up.
>>
>>323894953
I played for 30 hours or so before I decided I was completely burned out on that shit and gave it up.
I didn't enjoy anything but the first 2 hours.
>>
>>323895132
That's great, you make decent points, but at no point do you prove that V's gameplay was better, and you certainly don't prove that V wasn't even less of a challenge than 4.
>>
>Update
>added better weapon upgrades
Oh boy
>most require extremely high department levels meaning you have to get more FOBs just to unlock it
>unlock one of the lesser "gold" upgrades
>start development
>1 day 10 hours to completion
>"give us your MB coin to speed up development"
>>
>>323894062
I agree actually
The Fox engine is wonderfully optimized for pc play. It ran very well on high settings on my ageing rig.
It was fun for randomly blowing shit up but it lost steam as you went through the story
>>
MGSV was a pretty good game, all things considered. It's heavily lacking in story, but the tactical espionage action and operations are top notch. People complain about cut content, but that lord of the flies shit was cut for a reason, and it definitely wasn't time constraints.
>>
>ANYTHING being more disappointing than douk 5ever

You fags just went in expecting too much, and got a decent game that everyone shits on because they had unrealistic expectations of it. I didn't even expect much from duke and I STILL was disappointed.
>>
>>323895063
MGS 2 is obviously the true ending to the series, but considering 4 exists and was forced into creation by Konami, it's a decent hackjob.

It's still a hackjob though
>>
>>323895196

The burden of proof is on you. I don't need to prove some idiot has a shit opinion when anybody with any taste already knows.
>>
>>323894062
>a bigger disappointment than Deus Ex Invisible War, Mass Effect 3, and Duke Nukem Forever.
Easy nigger
>Possibly combined.
Too fucking far.
>>
>>323894062
the trailers were incredibly miss leading and portray a far better narrative than the game itself thanks to fan speculation largely

everyone wanted a nuclear boss, instead they got WOLBACHIA MALE TO FEMALE, sparse open world with little to do, any OH SHIT moment taken way due to STARRING SPOILERS, weak plot and weak main antagonist,

i can live with a big boss body double but not the feeling of being robbed a proper ending the entire game builds up diamond dogs more and more then into paranoia on mother base "big boss is watching" then it just ends

truly a phantom pain kojima is a master
>>
>>323895263
>definitely wasn't time constraints

Considering it had "Don't blame yourself, blame me", I doubt that. It's a bit messy but those single bits of dialogue from Venom make for a more memorable moment than anything else in the game.
>>
>>323895306
>burden of proof is on you

NIce way to say "I have no integrity to follow through with arguing my opinion", faggot.

I'll wait till you prove V's and it's copy-paste design is better than 4, if you don't want to just admit it.
>>
File: Boss.jpg (11 KB, 432x212) Image search: [Google]
Boss.jpg
11 KB, 432x212
>>323895284
Duke nuken was the original meme game

MGS is a franchise with an actual pedigree, and the big boss subgames were some of the most cherished and well regarded games in gaming history. They didn't fucking deserve to have what is rightfully referred to as "the star wars prequels of stealth games" as its last hurrah
>>
>>323895446
>The big boss subgames

MGS 3 is the only good one.
Portable Ops was shit.
Peace Walker was shit.
GZ was promising but should've been a free demo.
TPP showed that they GZ was literally all there was gameplay-wise to the mechanics they created, and wound up being shit.

The Big Boss games are overall shit compared to MG 2, MGS 1 and MGS 2. Even Ghost Babel which isn't canon was better than V.
>>
>>323895359
>the trailers were incredibly miss leading and portray a far better narrative than the game itself thanks to fan speculation largely
>I think my autistic breaking bad with child soldiers headcanon is good
>I spoiled the game for myself by obsessing over every little prerelease detail for years and blame the game for it

literally underage
>>
File: Metal Gear.png (2 MB, 2998x768) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear.png
2 MB, 2998x768
MGS V is the second best Metal Gear game.
>>
>>323895650
>Not liking MGS 2

Shit taste, you don't deserve an opinion.
>>
>>323895589
How's it underage when Kojambles himself said this would be the darkest and most shocking Metal Gear.

Fuck he even said he'd have to leave the industry if he fucks it up.

Well he fucked it up, not how he meant, but good on the bastard.
>>
>>323895650

Somewhat agreeable apart from disliking 2 and thinking PO is good yet PW is shit
>>
>>323894162
Came here to say this.
>>
>>323894792
>implying V has any suprises
And don't cite the Medic twist as an example- Everyone predicted it prior to the game's release.
>>
>>323896529
>a dumb twist that made no sense and had no impact or weight
>people STILL fucking knew it was coming

bravo kohima
>>
>>323894462
>The worst boss unit in any mainline game
At least it has a boss unit unlike Phantom Pain.
>>
>>323894162
This.
>>
>>323894062
I find it funny how mad people on /v are about this. Boo fucking hoo, you didn't get your 60 hour long cut-scene game.

Honestly, can't you just respect it as what it was? MGS V is the best game of its genre i have ever played. You guys can scream yourselves hoarse about this shit but at the end of the day MGS V was an amazing game.

The only issue i had with it was the sahalenthropus/Eli story arch being cut which is a massive failure by Konami.
>>
>>323894810
>Konami fucking Kojima over
When will this meme end?
Kojima was given a budget bigger than the budget of GTA V and yet somehow even that game was more competently made than TPP.

Also, MGS3 was made on a budget that was barely a fraction of TPP's. Take a guess at which game had more substance.

Konami made a lot of dumb decisions last year, but it was Kojima who blew half the budget on pointless shit like Joosten.
>>
>>323894062
>but in many ways for all the bullshit it pulled, it felt like a complete game and a proper send-off for the franchise
No, it did not. Stop pushing this revisionist propaganda.

MGS 4 was a fucking piece of shit and is way worse than MGS V
>>
This thread is /V.
This is it.
>>
File: 1450807877394.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1450807877394.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>People are actually defending MGS V now
>>
>>323896914
>MGS V is the best game of it's genre i have ever played.

Thief is a better stealth game. Chaos Theory is a better stealth game.

Almost any GTA is a better open-world game.

It failed at doing anything, MGS V became mediocre by trying to balance two things.
>>
>>323896914
Same fag .cont

Don't you sometimes wish that you could wipe a game from your memory so you could experience it again completely fresh?

MGS V is on that list for me. I don't have many games on that list.
>>
>>323897047
Better than defending MGS 4.

MGS V >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS 4

And if you honestly think otherwise, you are without a doubt a retarded nostalgiafaggot or someone who should get the fuck back to /tv/

I can't believe people are actually saying stupid shit like this.

It's the Zelda cycle applied to Metal Gear. Pic related.
>>
the first 100 hours I spent with MGSV were possibly the happiest a video game has made me

then I finished the game and it broke my heart
>>
File: 1362413872614.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1362413872614.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>323897212
>>
File: 1435782823320.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1435782823320.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>323894062
>But they had 5 years making TPP
You know, honestly, this is what keeps bothering me. The Sins of the Father trailer was released in 2013. Think about how much it showed: environment, weather, enemies, the horse, vehicles, cutscenes from all over the game. Those were all done. WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY SPEND THE NEXT TWO YEARS DOING?!? And how did the game still end up feeling rushed and lacking? HOW?
>>
File: 1448548397836.png (77 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
1448548397836.png
77 KB, 278x200
>MGO3
>nearly every game is full of just enough lag for people to get kills after they're dead and teleport around
>half the weapons are total shit
>terrible clothing options compared to past two games
>like 2 maps over and over
>>
File: what were they doing.jpg (231 KB, 939x613) Image search: [Google]
what were they doing.jpg
231 KB, 939x613
>>323897353
>>323897353
>>323897353
...it's not hard to figure out what they were doing.
>>
>>323897075

You see i played it as a game that had stealth in it. not as a game which is totally defined by stealth.

Don't get me wrong, MGS is defined by stealth but MGS V had so much more to it.

MGS V was about managing an army of mercs, motherbase and missions. Stealth was just one way of doing it, which naturally was a route pretty much everyone took.

I loved the soldier talent scout attitude the game had.
>>
>>323897515
I love how Kojima disappointed people so badly that they actually made up bullshit theories that all of this TERRIBLE PR that can't be fixed by any easy means is just a stunt

fuckin idiots
>>
>>323894062
>mgs4 felt like a complete game and a proper send-off for the franchise.
no
>>
>>323895092
>tpp_development.gif
>>
>>323896782

No boss unit is better than shitty boss unit.
>>
File: 1365887462756.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1365887462756.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Reminder that Portable Ops and Peace Walker were good games.
Portable Ops was massively unrefined but the gameplay focused on sneaking.
Peace Walker was insultingly easy but it had tons of stuff to do and unlock and the story, characters and overall atmosphere had that MGS charm.
>>
>>323895446
>Duke nuken was the original meme game

No that's MGS2.
>>
Am I still banned?
>>
>>323894659

nobody agrees with you
>>
>>323897047

People were defending it from the second it came out, it's just you dumb faggots that were expecting le nuclear demon man xD stopped spamming to move on to undertale or whatever flavour of the month game you choose
>>
>>323897962
Peace Walker would be alright if it had better bosses. The vehicle fights were a chore.
>>
>>323898003
Yeah
>>
>>323898281
Nuh uh. I got banned by the anti bowie mod when he died. Jerk
>>
>>323898235
The Extra-Ops vehicles fights were bad and there were way too many of them, agreed. But story mode vehicle fights were totally balanced and the giant robots were awesome. If Kojima didn't have any good ideas for gimmicky human boss fights, then it was the right thing to do action fights that worked instead of trying to force out half-assed human bosses.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 1800x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 1800x701
>>323895650
Here's the actual one
>>
MGSV received critical acclaim OP
Give me a break. You have no perspective
>>
>>323898430
Damn, what a horrible thing to do.
Currently listening to Low.
>>
File: MetalGear.jpg (404 KB, 1586x1124) Image search: [Google]
MetalGear.jpg
404 KB, 1586x1124
>>323894461
MGS2 had a theme?
>>
>>323894062
>MGS V TPP is the biggest disappointment ever in the history of gaming.

Bigger than Duke Nukem Forever?
>>
>>323898767
memes
>>
>>323896914
>MGS V is the best game of its genre
Except no.
MGSV is a lackluster open-world game and a not entirely terrible but definitely not a stellar stealth game either.
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
>>323894062
Wow, i don't know man.
>>
>>323899031
there were memes in that game?
>>
>>323894792
>best graphics
No game with that much dithering shit can be described as "best graphics"
>>
>>323894062
Shit walker isn't forgiven. It ruined everything boss did in the end of mg3 by turning her into an evil cunt
>>
>>323894162
I constantly see people talking about how Spore was a big disappointment, but the game didn't catch my attention until some time after it was released. Can someone explain to me why was it such a big disapointment?
>>
>>323899454

>Missing some life stages
>Underwater civs cut
>Most life stages massively cut down from promised
>>
>>323894062
>Still pushing this meme

kek
>>
>>323899057
that looked like a disappointment from the first trailer though. the trailers for TPP were amazing
>>
>>323899057
>being hyped for Fallout 4 after Fallout 3
>>
It wasn't terrible.

It was just preceded by 3 incredible, inspired, impeccably designed and lovable games with memorable stories, and one slightly shittier but still fun game. MGS V shat on our incredibly high expectations.

It also had a decent first half and a really, really shitty second half. It was like a really amazing blowjob only to have the girl walk away halfway through and never come back, which is kind of worse than no blowjob at all.
>>
>>323900005
I dunno. I've never played any other MGS game than 5 and while Ground Zeroes was amazing and I really liked the first missions of TPP it has started getting a bit repetitive and I haven't even finished the first act yet.
>>
>>323900151
You'll unlock some really cool gadgets later that make things interesting, but if you're already finding it repetitive then you might not last that long.

Try to focus on the main missions and don't get distracted by too much side shit.
>>
It was a disappointment and I still liked it a lot.
>>
>>323900296
I'm already in Africa and have D-Walker and Quiet unlocked.
>>
File: SPORE.png (443 KB, 1262x2347) Image search: [Google]
SPORE.png
443 KB, 1262x2347
>>323899454
>>
>>323898767
yeah
rehash everyting MGS1 did
>>
File: 1436593692830.png (415 KB, 661x600) Image search: [Google]
1436593692830.png
415 KB, 661x600
>>323894062
I really wanted this to be good.

Fucking video games
>>
>>323896586
Actually, he is lying, no one knew.
>>
File: 1440964933372.png (330 KB, 590x470) Image search: [Google]
1440964933372.png
330 KB, 590x470
>>323895650
MGS1>MGRR>MGS4>MGS3>MG2>MG>MGSPO>MGSV>MGSPW>MGS2
Prove me wrong you propably can, but you can't prove that mgs 2 and MGSV aren't garbage.
>>
File: 12452.jpg (1 MB, 5000x1745) Image search: [Google]
12452.jpg
1 MB, 5000x1745
shit opinions thread?

they promissed a HD version of PW with amazing gameplay and they gave us just that

amazing first part with terrible second half
>>
>>323894062
>MGS 4
>complete game

I can tell you're a contrarian retard, nobody defended 4 until 5 released. Wait until the next one, you'll let yourself enjoy TPP then
>>
I don't know how anybody can say MGSV was the biggest disappointment of anything when fucking Fallout 4 exists
>>
>>323896917
>Kojima was given a budget bigger than the budget of GTA V

When will THIS meme end? MGSV cost less than Witcher 3 and fucking SKYRIM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
File: ME 3ENDING.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ME 3ENDING.webm
2 MB, 640x360
are you sure?
>>
>>323894062
The game is pure trash, I didn't even bother to finish it, the real MGSV was Revengeance.

MGS4 is not even half as bad as V. Also add Halo 5 in the list of massive diappointments.
>>
File: MGS DO IT.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MGS DO IT.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Daily remind that only reddit fags that only play games for the story hate this amazing game
>>
>>323900838
>MGRR, the second best game
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>323896917
>MGSV
>80 million
>only 10 million more than MGS4
>GTA V
>250 million
>literally more than 3 times MGSV's budget
>literally the most expensive game ever made
>more expensive than fucking Avengers 2

Shitposters don't even bother making believable statements, jesus christ.
>>
>>323901464
>MGS4
Fun fact: MGS4 doesn't do a single fucking thing right.
At least MGSV feels fun to play.
There's no point in playing MGS4 more than once, and it's amazing how the game is so focused on destroying every single plotpoint of the goddamn franchise.
>>
>>323901672
I have a friend that thinks it's the best Metal Gear they didn't finish playing OR watching MGS 3 even though they started

even if you think 2 or 1 is the best, not finishing 3's like wtf
>>
>>323901523
>Playing games for the story is now reddit
You are either fucked up or you are a shill.
I like the game, but I am not going to shill for it.
>>
>>323902057
>wtf
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>323894062
No it isn't, and your opinion is irrelevant.
Don't you remember how they cheered for Kojima in the VGA's and how they boo'd Konami for not letting him go there?

The game is unfinished, but the only ones who got actually angry are some fags on 4chan.
Even the backlash on twitter didn't even last more than a week.
People will remember it as an incomplete but fun game.
>>
>>323902126
>Not having proper grammar.
Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>323902117
>playing a interactive medium for the non interactive part is now reddit
yeah cause they are retared
>>
>>323894062
>the biggest disappointment ever in the history of gaming
That's not every Nintendo game ever, anon.
>>
>>323894162
posting once in this thread to reiterate this guy's comment.
>>
>game is unfinished
>basically no ending
>a lot of filler
>online that was promised is basically a half baked retardation
>the gaming industry loves and praises kojima and the game

I think I'm more disappointed in the reaction to the game. Other games get huge backlash but MGSV gets praised. At least Witcher 3 was a complete experience, even if casualized.
>>
>>323901918
Yeah V feels fun to play if you like the Korean MMO levels of grinding, the worst open world design I've ever seen and the worst AI ever in a stealth game because its obvious it wasn't adapted to the open world setting.

With MGS4 you get a PS3, sit down one weekend, play it start to finish, get disappointed by act 3, get disappointed by the story, but at least you play as Snake, fight some cool bosses, and get some closure with the franchise's characters. V is not only completely unecessary but also nonsensical, literally nothing you do in the game matters, from a story perspective.The missions are repetitive and rushed, its got terribad bosses, gimmicky mechanics and bloated useless features like Mother Base.
>>
>>323902819
DELETE THIS

KOJIMA CAN DO NO WRONG!!!! DELETE THIS POST IMMEDIATELY!!! YOU'RE JUST A SHITPOSTER! NO ONE CAN HATE THIS GAME!!
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
>>323894062
>10/10 reviews across the board
>undeniable best 3D action gameplay ever made
>b-b-but storyyyyy.......
>>
>>323902949
>Most people haven't even played previous MGS titles as they're old and some of them are only on consoles
>People don't care about story and praise the gameplay and give it 10/10s

Oh, wow! What a surprise.
>>
I really can't complain about getting 200 hours of gameplay so far out of a $60 game that I haven't even 'finished' yet. And that isn't even going into the emergent gameplay and the recently released MGO.

And that isn't because theres a laundry list of shit you have to do. Skyrim has a a huge world but I put it down after 20 hours because it was boring. MGSV is completely different. The sheer amount of interesting moments that emerge from ordinary missions is incredible. You make the game as fun or as hard as you want it to be, it's all up to you.
>>
>>323901830
SWTOR cost $300million.
>>
File: mgs.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mgs.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>323903012
>playing metal gear for the story
lol what a fag
>>
>>323901039
I can
>>
File: 1448934402019.jpg (86 KB, 672x489) Image search: [Google]
1448934402019.jpg
86 KB, 672x489
>>323903220
>
>>
File: TOR.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
TOR.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>323903139
>>
>>323894062
are you thinking of story or gameplay?
in the story department, its obvious the gameplay was pretty good for what it was even if they should have had the ground zeros model and have that kind of open level not 2 open world levels.

They could have had it awesome, if they only had it, open level in zones.
>>
>>323902949
>undeniable best 3D action gameplay ever made

Funny, I seem to remember the gameplay being great core mechanics rendered meaningless due to a shitty open world with terrible repetive missions.

But sure, keep sticking to your "people who didn't like it just hated the story" narrative.
>>
Videogamedunkey said it best
It actually feels like a videogame and not a movie
MGSV is the best MGS by far
>>
>>323904354
>missions
>Repetitive
And therein lies the indicator that you're not playing the game right.
>>
>>323904813
>You have to make up for the game design being shit

Lol
>>
>>323904813
>Infiltrate some fucking outpost/base
>Extract/kill someone or gather intel
>Repeat this 50 times

Also, can't forget that innovative open world where there's nothing to do. Oh, and I loved the desert in Afghanistan and Africa, I also loved how there was a small part of the jungle in Africa too. It really added variety to the game.
>>
>>323904871
It's not though. You doing the same thing in every mission repeat is your fault alone. The options are there, you are simply not using them. It is one of the most well designed games of the decade.
>>
>>323905213
If you make it a chore it will be a chore.

Try having a little fun
>>
>>323905358
I did have fun the first 10 hours, then it got boring. I don't see how you can have fun when you're doing the exact same thing, if I wanted to dick around I'd play GTA or something and even then it gets boring after a while.
>>
>>323894162
This.

I have had ton of fun with MGSV despite the disappointment, Spore was just a husk of what was shown before release.
>>
>>323904426
>it actually feels like a videogmae
>divided into episodes.
>every episode has a spoiler list of "actors" in it
>has a huge world that's completely devoid of life or fun and it's there only to look good in cinematic landscaping
>Death or life QTE against the only boss in the game
No anon, you and that overweight manbaby that speaks like a retard are both objectively wrong.
>>
>>323905541
>exact same thing
Again, your fault for not using the options at your disposal.
>>
>>323905716
>Bring different equipment to do the same exact mission
>Do it stealthily or go in guns blazing and still do the same exact mission

Wow, so many choices. It's not like any other open world game has done it before MGS V. Why did they even bother releasing Phantom Pain then? I can do the same exact shit in Ground Zeroes.
>>
I honestly only really enjoyed 3, 4 and the acid series.
I'm not even trolling.
>>
Calm down anon, Mass Effect 3 was the last time I saw 99% of /v/ being butthurted, everyone was flipping out until the golden poo, which was hilarious.
>>
>>323895002
>objectively
Would you please stop using that word unless you're willing to qualify it's use? it means nothing if you don't.
>>
>>323905716
Ever heard of Dominant Strategy?
That's exactly what the tranq gun+ fultons are.
>>
The gameplay is really great, but when you are doing missions.

Walking around the world with nothing to do, side ops gets incredbly boring real fast, transportation takes for ever, and mother base is a freaking joke.

So dont tell me the game sucked because of story, there are several gameplay issues.
>>
File: 1452218151395.jpg (418 KB, 846x550) Image search: [Google]
1452218151395.jpg
418 KB, 846x550
How does anyone still have faith in the japanese videogame industry? I completely lost it after the dissappointment with TPP and the cancellation of Silent Hills. Fucking useless nips.
>>
>>323906757
Yeah, I can't believe it gets a pass for "GOAT gameplay". Controls were excellent, but gameplay was quite repetitive. The game made absolutely no use of the open world, and it's easy to see it would have been much better off if it had individual maps like GZ.

In the end, most of it felt less like MGS and more like Pokemon meets GTA.
>>
>>323907037
>Persona 5
>KH3
>FFXV
>Nier 2
>Yakuza 5
>Ace Combat 7
>DMC 5 (maybe)

There's still plenty of games to be excited for coming from Nippon.
>>
File: 1451604763471.gif (2 MB, 395x313) Image search: [Google]
1451604763471.gif
2 MB, 395x313
>>323907346
KH3, FFXV (if its not dogshit) and Ace Combat 7. That's it.
>>
>>323906021

AC!D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AC!D2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TPP.
>>
>>323898767
>Liking Twin Snakes more than MGS
Your opinion is already shit.
>>
>>323898767
>including Twin Snakes
What a shit taste image.
>>
>didn't go into Phantom Pain expecting anything
>last MG was Sons of Liberty
>able to have fun
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.