[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Fuck you, I liked it. (I admit they should have made it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: evolve-game-cheats-640x325.jpg (53 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
evolve-game-cheats-640x325.jpg
53 KB, 640x325
ITT Fuck you, I liked it.

(I admit they should have made it so the DLC Hunters and Monsters could be unlocked through in-game means too)
>>
>>323831908
Game is fun.

Too much DLC, that was the problem.
>>
>>323832294
Not too much, just had DLC on the important things rather than only unnecessary cosmetics.
>>
Probably would be more successful if they didn't sour everyone with the DLC stuff, the base game seemed like a fun and interesting game.

I'd have probably gotten it if they didn't want me to pay to unlock more characters on day 1
>>
It's not that the game wasn't any fun, it's just that there's not terribly much to it, it got a full game price, and the devs are faggots who tried to push the esports scene while also shitting out DLC.
>>
>>323832749
I don't think it was the price.
It was just a shit ton of dlc on everything.
And also the grind to unlock the other characters was annoying.
>>
File: time for a sleepover.jpg (89 KB, 530x299) Image search: [Google]
time for a sleepover.jpg
89 KB, 530x299
SLIM A BEST

CAIRA A OKAY

FUCK VAL AND LAZ
>>
>>323831908
I never got this game, I havent played it but its 4v1 right? So what happiif the monster rage quits!? Putting a lot of faith in randoms who might quit when they see they are loosing
>>
>>323833271

Caira is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>323831908
They also should have made more than one game mode, halve the price, and not have Adam Sessler fail at marketing it.
>>
>>323833271
what about emet?
>>
>>323833416

Having played almost all the mobas, Evolve has a very low leave rate. I've been playing almost daily for 2 months.

Also it's fucking brutal. Like you WILL get destroyed hard as hunter at first. Expect a ~30% win rate for awhile in Bronze bracket.

Also PC community has a lot of new comers due to sales and it's impossible to win any matches atm because of the learning curve. Console communities seem to be ok.

It's addictive, but know what you're getting into. Playing monster is a fucking blast.
>>
>>323831908
Its a fun game anon yeah

But the price
and the dlc
and the extra dlc diced in with sprinkled dlc on top
>>
>>323833718
wait what, it has a ranked system?
Is there still a community?

If yes i'm fucking getting it.
>>
>>323833718
I like the idea of the game but, it just foesnt sit right with me.
>>
>tfw knew it would fail but friends guilted me into buying it

atleast I got it from a keystore
>>
>>323833691
Too gimmicky, I'll stick with Slim
>>
File: a19a359d7d4216b3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a19a359d7d4216b3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>323833921

Hunt 2.0. It's actually good. My only gripe is it's easier to ranked up initially as monster than it is hunter. Monster shits on bad players, good players shit on monster. There's a fine line there where balance is met tho. Trust me it's WAY fucking better than it was before. Wraith used to be king of rape for a long time.
>>
>>323833271

>Slim

You fags are the worst. Stop playing him until he gets buffed. Seriously worst healer. Literally the only character I'd ranked under Cabot.
>>
>>323834225
So is there an active community or will i run into the same 2 groups of fags all the time?
>>
TWO MONSTERS AT LAUNCH
>>
File: (「・ω・)「.png (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
(「・ω・)「.png
26 KB, 300x300
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Watch Dogs
Assassins Creed 3
Assassins Creed 4
Assassins Creed Unity
Call of Duty MFW 1 & 2 for single player
Call of Duty Blops 1 & 2 for single player

This is for the more mainstream shit. I'd go into the more obscure stuff but you'll call me a faggot if I told you I liked Silent Hill Shattered Memories and Silent Hill Downpour so I won't go that path.
>>
>>323834225
Did wraith get nerfed or something?
>>
>>323834358
>cabot
>bad

I bet you're a bucketfag.

Slim is great, constant damage and constant heals. Plus he can fuck up the monster's sniffer.
>>
>>323831908
S'Arais, go and stay go
>>
>>323834416
There can be 500-1000 players on Steam. More active than some multiplayer games like Nosgoth, that's for sure. I think it's still more active on XBone but they don't release stats.
>>
>>323834416

You won't run into the same people unless you play every fucking day or immediately queue up for a role people you just played with don't play.

It's surprisingly active, nothing crazy, but it'll surprise you how easy it is to get into matches.

Xbox is easy to get into Hunt and Quick Play, but I found Quick Play to be difficult to get matches on PC.

Hunt seems to be a lot more active on PC for some reason. Can't speak for PS4, but a lot of the Twitch streamers stream on PS4 so it can't be that bad.
>>
>>323831908
Online only
One game mode
$60
$100+ in DLC

No, fuck you for liking it.

They took L4D's online MP, removed every infected class but the tank and sold it as a full price game plus paid DLC.

Should have been $60 with all the DLC included and an actual full offline campaign OR free to play with the DLC model and base game as-is.
>>
>>323834710

Queue times are definitely faster on Xbox. PC is fine now since the sales, a lot of people bought it for 13 bucks.

>>323834552
Still strong, but he was ridiculous before. Probably second or third best monster atm. Kraken got overbuffed, he's pretty god damn strong now easily holding top monster.
>>
File: 1407541334500.jpg (91 KB, 1025x360) Image search: [Google]
1407541334500.jpg
91 KB, 1025x360
Alpha/Beta was fun if lacking content. Devs made sure the game was DOA, fuck them and anyone defending the DLC.

>But most was just cosmetic!

Nigger it had enough day 1 cosmetic shit that you'd think it was a F2P game without boosts.

Fact is half that shit should have been unlockable in game. Why do that though when casual faggots will defend your jewing?

>But they need to monetize the game somehow

That's why they charge for the game. Keep on spouting opinions you got from TB though.
>>
It felt like only two things would happen the VAST majority of the time.
>Hunters find the monster and shit on it
>Hunters don't find the monster who becomes huge and kicks their asses.
>>
>>323834796

>Online only
false, there's single player with competent bots

>One game mode
false, there's like 3-4 modes. Ranked is only hunt tho, so I'll give you that

>$60
It had a bad launch also bug wise, it wasn't good.

>$100 in DLC
I got everything for $32 bucks on steam sale except for some of the skins. Behemoth is the only character you have to buy outside of the Hunter packs. They gave us Gorgon for free and all the new variants coming out are also free.

The game is hit or miss tho, like Monster Hunter bad. It'll either hook you into an addict or you'll drop it after 2 hours. You should look at it in another light anon, things have only improved.
>>
>>323832392
>50 pieces of dlc
>NOT TOO MUCH PLS BUY

kill yourself my man
>>
>>323832510
This

All that keeps me from buying it is the DLC
>>
>>323835531
Wow. You have zero reading comprehension.
>>
>>323835358
Offline play is identical to online play, just with bots. Almost no reason to ever play that mode as it's exactly the same just offline. It doesn't offer much of anything. If you could play splitscreen or LAN games on consoles then it would be worthwhile, with custom game types, varied player attributes, etc.

The game modes are all extremely similar, IIRC same maps, same 4v1 dynamic. It's still 4 hunters and 1 monster trying to kill one another, nothing like, say, griffball from Halo. So you have 3-4 very similar game types when other shooters boast dozens and have other functionality evolve is missing as well.

Even if we put all that aside, there's simply not much to the game. When you're bored of playing online, there's nothing else for you to do.
>>
I bought this just recently, glad to see a thread
I bought all the DLC (Or, what came with the Ultimate Edition) from a dude for $8. That's a good deal right?

Well, either way, it didn't fucking work. All the code gave me was Jack and Gorgon. (Who I think was already free??) Did anyone else experience this issue? I don't even know what I'm missing.

Also
>$8 skins
What the fuck?
>>
>>323836161

You are right, this is also why I said it's hit or miss. You'll really enjoy what's there or you'll get bored and quit. I personally love the voice acting, how detailed the characters and maps are, and how ridiculously challenging the game is. It's also so unique the only thing comparable in the slightest is L4D, which Turtle Rock made also.

It's not for everyone, I like it.
>>
File: 4543.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4543.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
Personal GOTY, felt like STALKER: lite
>enjoy game
>get excited for Hellraid, their fantasy game with the same combat and exploration they have in development
>cancelled so they can work on more Dying Light content
>an entire game cancelled to work on DLC
Conflicted feelings, I have no interest in buying the DLC as it looks counter to what I like the game for. Wouldve just prefered the Dark Messiah rip off to be honest.
>>
>>323835232
Honestly its too easy for hunters to track the monster. If it startles birds they should have to use their own eyes to see them, not some giant fucking HUD element.
>>
I just wanted more Evolve SFM
>>
>>323834483
>CoD4 single player
Actually good, especially for its time
>BLops2 single player
Nothing wrong with that. By that point none of the casuals were playing the single player anyhow (I actually know 0 other people irl who completed it)
>AC4
Doesn't half this board praise it as the only AC game worth playing?
>ME3
Same, & I still feel like I should feel guilty over it
>>
>60$ Pricetag
>So much dlc it looks like a f2p game

No thanks even though the beta was fun and i wouldve bought it, if it wasnt for the shameless try to rip me off.
>>
File: 1428456068491.gif (273 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1428456068491.gif
273 KB, 500x282
>>323831908
It would have been an amazing FTP game, then people would be okay with the cosmetics and shit. They decided $60 + buying cosmetics was a bright idea. It failed because jews.
>>
>>323834710
Lol Nosgoth regularly has more players than evolve. Evolve only gets a boost in player base during sales.
>>
File: wow2.png (757 KB, 740x720) Image search: [Google]
wow2.png
757 KB, 740x720
>>323836643
THIS

Not enough wraith.
>>
Really enjoyed it, had a great Predator feeling to it. They should have either sold the game with the usual price tag with all additional content included for free or go f2p with all the additional stuff being sold for money. The pricing really killed the game.
>>
File: 0Qnkuu2.jpg (233 KB, 800x1165) Image search: [Google]
0Qnkuu2.jpg
233 KB, 800x1165
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/273350/
>$229.64 to purchase all the DLC
>>
>>323836531
My GOTY too anon, it's the perfect zombie game. Can't wait for the Following.
>>
>>323840067
>buying all the skins

Yes, everyone does that
>>
They released a version with all the character DLC that should have been the initial launch. Base game is like $40 now, so you can pick which chars you'd want to spend some extra cash on.
>>
>>323831908
Fuck yeah I liked it.

But I'm not going to keep buying season passes for shit they could have put in the main game with a half year more of development time.

That's why I dropped it. The gameplay was some of the funnest shit I've ever played.
>>
>>323838781
brother i'd been fine with it just being cosmetics, but they held back on including hunters and a monster and shit. No thanks.
>>
Haven't played for awhile. How's Emet?
>>
File: 400px-Harpoon_Gun_Griffin[1].jpg (9 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
400px-Harpoon_Gun_Griffin[1].jpg
9 KB, 400x225
This thing was one of the most satisfying guns in vidya.

Buuuut, you can't have a FTP model with $20 worth of content and crap it out with a $60 price tag. Fuck that shit.
>>
>tfw the world of Evolve is exactly what I want in a scifi and I just want Evolve to continue existing. maybe not as a game, but possibly a movie or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tLir6YO3M
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.