[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on Peacewalker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 15
File: jp-peacewalker.png (1 MB, 958x1118) Image search: [Google]
jp-peacewalker.png
1 MB, 958x1118
What's the consensus on Peacewalker?
>>
>>323746536
It made a really good Civilization 5 mod
>>
>>323746536
Shit.
>>
>>323746536
Psychic enemies that know your exact location the moment someone notices you.
Awful controls and tunnel vision, which leads to being killed by the four guards that flank you.
Massive lag and slowdown.

Shit? It's shit.
>>
>>323746536
Excellent. 3rd best in the series.
>>
Better and more relevant storywise than V
>>
>>323746536
Everything about it sucked
>>
>>323746536
It's a really good handheld game. Much better variety and more content than MGSV.
>>
File: pw1441982133437.jpg (120 KB, 634x777) Image search: [Google]
pw1441982133437.jpg
120 KB, 634x777
It's the best MGS game but fans of the series won't admit it
>>
File: 1422670818635.png (1 MB, 871x647) Image search: [Google]
1422670818635.png
1 MB, 871x647
>>323746536
It's alright, I liked it. The fact all the boss fights are machines makes me sad, but I like the silliness and mission variety. Comfy to play with friends.
>>
The story is a ripoff of NGE: Iron Maiden
>>
It's pretty shit.

There are few, if any, positives.
>>
Just play 1-3. The rest are pure shit
>>
>>323747394
You dont believe that
>>
>>323747816

I do, Metal Gear Solid fans are nostalgiafags and won't admit a handheld game from 2010 is the best in the series.
>>
>>323747939
Yeah, you dont believe that.
>>
it's a pretty good game, but have an horrible ending
>>
>>323747394
I know you are joking
>>
File: MGSPW110206014136.jpg (38 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
MGSPW110206014136.jpg
38 KB, 480x272
>>323748013
>>323748209

It's the best game in the series, I'm not joking.

Pic related is actually the best moment in the entire series.
>>
>>323746536
>shit bosses
>introduces shitty base management
>story tramples on Snake Eater's great ending
>gameplay is mostly a downgrade from MGS4
>basically useless

The series should've ended with 4.
>>
An unheeded warning that MGSV would be a disappointment.
>>
>>323748545
It's fun, but to say it's the best in the series? Nah brother.'

That, and it isn't as fun on PS3 as it was on PSP.
>>
>>323746536
great story and the missions that are anything but the awful destroy the vehicle missions are quite decent.
Too bad there are so many fucking destroy the chopper, tank ect. missions
>>
>>323747554
>mission variety
I wish this was the case
To unlock the actual fun missions you have to beat them on some dumbass cryptic order
You have to suffer through so many neutralize the tank missions before you can even date Kaz or go to the Monster Hunter missions
>>
>>323746536
It's a good game, but it's based around being handheld, so all the missions are bite sized little bits for the most part, and base management is also a main attraction.

Because of this, fanbois hate on it. But it's not a bad game in the slightest. It's one of only 3 MGS games I still play. The other two being MGS1 and MGS3. The rest o the series are absolute garbage (yes, even MGS2)

>>323746869
>Psychic enemies that know your exact location the moment someone notices you.
All I'm hearing you say is: "It's not piss easy, so I hate it"
>Awful controls and tunnel vision, which leads to being killed by the four guards that flank you.
You just suck ass at the gameplay, anon. I can usually tranq and fulton every guard in an area before anyone even notices me. And if someone does, I can do the simple task of dropping a smoke bomb, body slamming all the retards in a massive combo, THEN fultoning them, lol.
>Massive lag and slowdown.
Not on the PSP version. And I just completed a play through, so I'd remember. It has a tiny bit of lagginess here and there, but not anywhere near an amount to complain about. Like, it'll stutter and miss ONE frame every hour or so of gameplay.

You're just a massive, retarded faggot.

>>323747394
Muh nugga

>>323747708
What's with this "MGS2 was good" meme? It's a huge waste of time, and makes all the worst mistakes that a game can make. It's literally at least 50% movie, what gameplay there IS, is boring and empty after the tanker, the plotline was pretentious to the extreme and it manages to not be as good as MGS1, which is a game with clearly inferior gameplay.
It's a hot mess at best.

The only worthwhile entries are MGS1, MGS3 and PW. The rest of the series just blows ass.
>>
Fucking fantastic and full of content. It's disappointing that the bosses all are fucking variants of vehicles or just Monster Hunter creatures though. The story is pretty bad too. Everything good about Portable Ops was made bad in Peace Walker.

Wait, do people actually judge this game as anything but a PSP game?
>>
File: Mgs_portable_ops.jpg (24 KB, 300x346) Image search: [Google]
Mgs_portable_ops.jpg
24 KB, 300x346
>>323748623
Except no faggot
>>
I watched the cutscenes on Youtube. I heard the game is about 50-70 hours of grinding just for the ending.

If I played through the game for that long I'd be pissed because the ending let alone the whole story is shit. It doesn't even seem like an MGS story. More like someones fan fiction.
>>
>>323749267
How you can like pw and not V is interesting
>>
Awful
>>
I find that it has a good story, some of the best characterization in the series (largely through tapes), fun boss fights, cool weapons and the mother base stuff is all very fun. It's enjoyable to fuck around in co-op with a friend. Monster Hunter crossover fights are great.

it's dragged down severely by its awful stealth - areas are tiny due to psp hardware, guards are blind and retarded with only a few being posted in a level, you can often more or less run through screens with little need to stop, incapacitating guards or using tools like smoke grenades, empty mags or a bos only makes it even easier.
>>
>>323749286
>Wait, do people actually judge this game as anything but a PSP game?

Yes. Some people even think it's the best MGS game
>>
wonderful coop experience
really fun game
story is garbage though
on a recent replay i noticed the gameplay has more depth than mgsv oddly enough
>>
>>323746536
3rd worst Metal Gear game.
2nd worst is Portable Ops.
Worst is Metal Gear (MSX)
>>
>>323748951
those missions are why you shouldn't bother getting 100% in the game, it's a pathetic grind.
>>
>>323747939
I got into the series with Legacy abd I hated PW thoroughly.
>>
>>323749718
You sure about that? Metal Gear (NES) sucks pretty hard.
>>
the original PSP version is neither a good MGS game, nor a good portable game.
Everything it does good towards one of the 2 aspects is ruined by something going completely against the same aspect.
The controls are shit, having the camera controlled by the D-Pad is horrible, is not precise as it should be, controlling it interrupts the action most of the time.
Every area is incredibly small and almost empty with just a few enemies, which might seem good considering it's a portable game, as it should aim for short bursts of action, but when the game is absurdly long(the longest in the entire series, with extra stuff to unlock making it even longer) and there is no real action due to the afore mentioned lack of consistent number of enemies, it's not really that good.
The "codec/radio" conversations come suddenly while you're playing, not dubbed, so you're forced to read the on screeen text while you're playing, and that's amazingly distracting, creating a weird sense of artificial difficulty where you'll commit mistakes during easy sections(easy due the the previously mentioned small empty areas) just because some codec conversation happens right when you're doing something that requires your attention.
The story is kinda good, but it becomes tedious as fuck to follow due to its lenght.
The cutscenes done in a comic style seem a good style choice, but propely made cutscenes could be done as well, and they would have been a better choice, especially for the lenghty cutscenes...afterall we're playing a videogame, not reading a comic.
PS3 version is slighly better on the controls and less distracting for the codec/radio calls as the onscreen text is obviously smaller and it doesnt take a big portion of the screen, but then again playing on a console a game which has mechanics and structure built around it being a portable game doesnt exactly feel right.
Mind, you will eventually get used to the controls on PSP, but that's just it, getting used to them, they're still shit
>>
>>323750337
>I don't like it so it sucks !!!
>>
No matter what people tell you, MGSV is magnitudes better as a video game, vastly improving on a lot of the ideas from PW. In a way it kind of renders it further obsolete, but if you're in the series for the story you'll need to play or at least watch the cutscenes and tapes

Whether you like or hate it is up to you. You're obviously not gonna get a consensus on the plot, just look at this thread and you'll see people who think it's one of the best, others who think it's total shit
>>
>>323750860
I never once said i didn't like it.
You know, you can like something and still be able to criticize it and point out its flaws.
I listed objective features and implemented mechanics as they indeed are in the game, leaving a very small part for my personal subjective opinion of them.
>>
Relative to the other Metal Gear games, it's not very good because of how watered down it is, but considering it was a portable game, it does what it sets out to do perfectly and isn't a bad game by any means
>>
File: mgs rankings.png (778 KB, 1874x737) Image search: [Google]
mgs rankings.png
778 KB, 1874x737
>>323746536
Up there with the original trilogy as one of the best in the series, significantly better than MGSV. Great, varied, gameplay that was only held back by the fact that it was originally a PSP game. Solid story that set up MG1 & MG2 surprisingly well. My only gripes being the game was held back because it was a handheld game and the story relying too much on The Boss from MGS3, but otherwise it's fantastic.
>>
>>323746536
it's has a lot of good and bad. By far the easiest metal gear ever made. But the variety was pretty fun (except the ton of tank missions). Probably one of that's the least like the rest of the franchise.

moral of the story is kojima shits gold always
>>
>>323750012
Sure that one's even worse, but does it really count?
>>
>>323752261
>putting metal gear 2 that low
are you a millennial or something?
>>
>>323746536

It's dogshit, the worst Metal Gear by far (yes, worse than V).

It's worshiped on /v/, though, so don't expect much discussion ITT other than "best metal gear desu" because, as we all know, the majority of the posters here are under 18 and thus weren't alive when the series launched.

Truly, it's the worst MGS.

>shit missions
>no cutscenes
>hayter sounds like a stage 4 cancer patient
>shit story and characters
>led to V (this is perhaps the biggest problem with the game)
>selectable missions that aren't fun
>all the bosses are tanks/helicopters/machines

Stay far, far away.
>>
>>323746536
just a filler that detracts from the importance of mgs3 ending
>>
>>323752261
>>323753230
This, Metal Gear 2 is better than Peace Walker.
Ghost Babel is still the best
>>
I'm surprised they haven't made a Vita port yet
It being portable but with controls that don't suck would be amazing
>>
>>323753446
>surprised
How? The transfarring update sealed its fate as a PSP game.
>>
>>323753254
>It's worshiped on /v/
Nah, I'm a rabid PW fan and is always shat on by /v/. Only issue I have with the game is how much it shits on the best character in gaming, The Boss. It's just a never ending smearing piece on her.

The mechanics are perfect for a handheld game but I understand how "different" it may seem to old MGS fans.
>>
>>323753614
not him but /v/'s always been peacewalker friendly. I don't get this imagined oppression you're suffering from. That was Portable Op that got shat on.
>>
>>323753614
>The mechanics are perfect for a handheld game
The mechanics are shit for any game
>>
>>323746536
More like Shitwalker
>>
File: Metal Gear.jpg (1 MB, 4812x1536) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear.jpg
1 MB, 4812x1536
>>323752261
Nice shitty opinion.
>>
>>323755360
>after much thought
>after I watched a video of someone thinking for me

Fixed.
>>
>>323755706
>people can't change their minds after thinking for a while
Nice strawmanning.
>>
>>323746536
I got every achievement in this game on the 360 cause I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan and an xbot.

>consensus
It's an okay game. It's definitely not the best MGS game, but it's worth a playthrough.
>>
>>323756030
I never said that. I posited that you didn't think; Someone else did for you.

Nice actual straw man.
>>
>>323751256
Nah, MGSV doesn't have co-op or even the costume variety of PW but has shittier Boss fights and forces you to spend a few minutes going to the objective.

As well TPP has now become a ridiculous grind with all the FOB crap.

The core gameplay is far better in TPP however.

The story in PW is better too but still is poor in many respects (like the circlejerk over The Boss) and TPP repeats quite a few elements.

None of the other games in the series hold up to the first three Solid games. I'd say Rising is probably the fourth best in the series honestly.
>>
>>323755360
I'm pretty sure Metal Gear 2 has no backtracking. If it makes a difference, I played the HD collection version.

Also you still need to play Ghost Babel.
>>
>>323757173
>As well TPP has now become a ridiculous grind with all the FOB crap
current event grants close to a million GMP with 2k in each resource (already processed) with shit tons of it in containers.
There's no grind if you can pass an FOB infiltration. Otherwise git gud.
>>
>>323757423
you have to go through the elevators area a minimum of 8 times but it's more of a hub area than anything.
>>
File: ZieMmok.jpg (35 KB, 629x403) Image search: [Google]
ZieMmok.jpg
35 KB, 629x403
>>323755360
Serious question: did anyone else here actually like the dumbass cutscenes from Twin Snakes? Snake kickflipping a rocket at the Hind D will forever be ingrained into my mind.
>>
>>323758203
no, I think it was tonally at odds with rest of the game.
>>
>>323757423
Metal Gear 2 would be a near perfect 2D Metal Gear if it weren't for all the backtracking.

Ghost Babel is the perfect 2D Metal Gear
>>
>>323757809
>There's no grind if you grind FOBs!

Genius point there anon.

I have 30 mil GMP, the problem is the fourth FOB and all the new items which require tens of thousands of resources.

Which I have to grind for.

The fact that Konami patched out grinding exploits so you would have to repeat FOBs over and over again says it all really.

>Otherwise git gud.

I've gotten 100% in every Metal Gear game
>>
>>323746536
Good gameplay for being on a handheld, if you're not playing it on the psp, you'll be somewhat disappointed. The story and writing quality take a serious nose dive in comparison to previous games. Really it was just a sign of what was going to happen in MGSV.
>>
>>323758203
Oh they're fucking hilarious out of context. But they're in the game and they're too retarded even for Metal Gear standards.
>>
Game was brilliant on the psp, its fun as heck to use all the mad items in Co op I was still playing it up untill last spring when my xbl ran out and I got a ps4. Gets a bit tedious, the X amount of vehicle battles.
>>
>>323758440
most expensive is the command platfom which for a 4/4 on you 3rd it's 4 million. That's 3 fob missions 2 if you're robbing them and selling shit in the process. That's hardly a grind. Having to play two 2 fobs while it takes 4 days build is not grinding.

>I've gotten 100% in every Metal Gear game
I don't believe you've ever got a BBE.
>>
>>323758440
What ia the point of fob? After you have developed all items and s ranked everything you only need resources to deploy into a misdion or free roam and you can get the resources back plus more in the field. Fob is pointless.
>>
File: dfshfzdhnzdfn.png (1 KB, 419x393) Image search: [Google]
dfshfzdhnzdfn.png
1 KB, 419x393
i want to remind everyone that /v/ generally liked, recommended, and praised peace walker when it first came out. there shouldn't even be any recommendations if you want to play the MGS series. it should be a requirement

then i don't know what happened, but people started shitting on the game sometime after the gamergate shit
>>
>>323759021
yeah unprocessed though I don't even think the entire map contains 2k in preprocessed materials. Why bother when you can get 2-4k already processed in 3 minutes?
>>
>>323759021
I think it's mostly for online stuff
>>
>>323759238
2k in preprocessed materials of a particular type
when I say 2-4k already processed I mean of each type.
>>
>>323759143
people started playing the hd version expecting a full console game
>>
>>323747394

I'm a fan and I'll admit it's shit.
>>
It sucks and you're all stupid for liking it
>>
File: 110321.jpg (52 KB, 500x611) Image search: [Google]
110321.jpg
52 KB, 500x611
>>323758605
The story tanked by 2 and ceased to be comprehensible by 4. Snake Eater's twist was telegraphed a mile away (gee, I wonder why she's so fucking hesitant to kill me or even blind me despite defecting to Russia) and was mostly carried by feels fuel, which you evidently drank up. Meanwhile, V's story is excellent if you have the attention span and reading level of a 5th grader. It makes the kinds of sizzling social commentaries people jizzed their pants over in Sons of Liberty and challenges the player's ability to think critically (whoops, big mistake). Keep whining about those cutscenes though, because the story obviously wasn't the problem in Phantom Pain.
>>
>>323747394
Where's Paz's nose?
the ocean floor
>>
Worse game in the series.
>>
>>323759934
It's not great but there are worse.
>>
File: 1434503876822.gif (265 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
1434503876822.gif
265 KB, 500x429
>>323759934
>MG
>better than PW
>>
>>323758930

First GMP is worthless you get way too much and I have it stocked from rewards for doing things. Resources are the problem.
My staff also isn't 120 which is required to develop all the stuff. Which means guess what?

Grinding.

>Never done a BBE extreme

I have, multiple times. Only "cheat" was I had to use an autofire controller just because I can't mash.
>>
>>323759809
Hello, Reddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>323760239
Name something it actually excels at more than anyone other entry in the franchise. And don't say variety because MGS2 has a damn skateboarding minigame and VR missions that are all manner of bazaar.
>>
>>323760634
you could kill monsters from monster hunter
>>
>>323760474
Still the resource cost is not that high. Hypothetically you could just use one of the handsfee checkpoint methods to turn all your unprocessed stuff into processed materials. Or you could steal hundreds of thousands worth of the stuff from someone's base development platform.
>>
>>323760634
Well every game in the series is superior to the first one.
>>
File: dsc_0037.jpg (769 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0037.jpg
769 KB, 3264x1836
>>323760758
you could fight monsters in MGS2.
>>
>>323760634
Well a bazaar is like a shop so MGS2 doesn't actually have all manner of bazaar in it.
>>
>>323747597
...what? HOW???
>>
>>323761135
yeah, but monster hunter -- and boss shoots things at them
>>
>>323761091
MG or MGS? (I can never tell which one of you is 13 anymore.)
It was made in 87 which considering the time fame it was intensely innovative. But it's true the series did get subsequently better until around 3.
>>
>>323761228
Congratulations you finally passed 9th grade english. Do want a upvote for every typo?
>>
>>323760634
You could go on a gay date with Kaz and be a pedo and fuck Paz.
>>
>>323760454
Metal Gear is a good game, fuck you.
>>
>>323761946
MGS2's plant chapter was a better dating simulator. And MGS4 let you jiggle Rose's tits around.
>>
>>323746536
Its better than MGS5 but ultimately not by much. Entirely forgettable other than the memories of how much grinding was involved in playing it.
>>
>>323762141
oh and also there was a photo shoot with Mei Ling in MGS VR missions.
>>
>>323746536
shitty bulletsponge no-name bosses/10
>>
>>323746869
What the fuck game are you even talking about? Like, Peace Walker has issues but those are definitely not the ones.
>>
>>323746536
Good PSP game. Playing on a console must be hell though. Too much mindless grinding to have you glued to the couch. If you can't play it on the PSP I'd say play it on the PC through PPSSPP. At least you can fast forward through a lot of the grind that way.
>>
>>323746536
I love it. Way superior 5th MGS than the MGSV.
Put over 300 hours to it on PS3.

>>323749558
Because V was a rushed, unfinished and totally generic modern title, openworld and all, with SOME PW-like elements that were underutilized?
>>
>>323763397
he means he didn't understand the sound indicator or the sneaking function. And is probably mixing GZ copypasta into this.
>>
>>323746536
Story is good, characters are lively.
Giant Robot bossfights are cool.
CO-OPS is one of the best things to happen to MGS.
Needs less repetitive vehicle fights and more actual mission with complex sneaking goals.
It's a fun game but it's insultingly easy. Even when proceeding undetected you don't feel like it's because you're doing the correct stealthy choices, it's because the enemy just doesn't care. It hardly feels like a sneaking game at all.
>>
>>323764665
that and the original was ad-hoc only.
>>
>>323749267
>base management is also a main attraction.
>Because of this, fanbois hate on it.

You don't have to be an MGS fanboy, to not enjoy Human Resources Management Simulator 1974.
>>
It's good, but you need to play it with an open mind that it's for PSP and not like MGS3

It's not better than MGSV content wise, but better paced and obviously more finished.

So yeah, it's great. I spent about 90 hours in it, for an MGS game beside V it's surprisingly long.
>>
>>323752261
>great varied gameplay
Every story mission has you walk down a narrow corridor from A to B and walk into a yellow square. Then there's the awful tank and helicopter missions, and the kinda sorta fun AI fights. The only thing good in the game is in the side ops, but then again none of its really challenging it's more just neat little things like ghosts
>>
It's biggest draw is being comfy and some nice art, but that's about it. You're better off going on YouTube and listening to the tapes than actually playing it. The bosses are awful and that's a killer for a MGS game. MGS4 was already pushing it with the story irrelevant B&B corp, but at least you got incredible fights like REX vs RAY and Ocelot. PW's story also shits all over MGS3 while simultaneously having nothing new to say at all. All the big revelations were things already revealed in 3's ending but for some reason Kojima decided Snake had ignored them. And the creation of Outer Heaven is literally tacked on to the end of the game to give you the impression of linking this game full of irrelevant characters to the main series, only for Kojima to make Big Boss dump them all in the very next numbered instalment.
>>
>>323746536
i loved peacewalker. It had the humor of the old games.
>>
>>323746991
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>323747253
>more content than MGSV
Clearly this faghott never played MGSV or Peace Walker for that matter.
>>
File: 1339216488499.jpg (50 KB, 151x160) Image search: [Google]
1339216488499.jpg
50 KB, 151x160
>>323746536
better story than 4 or V

gameplay is shit tho
>>
>>323769273
do you consider repeated missions content?
>>
>>323747394
I've been a fan of the series since Metal Gear 1

I think peace walker is good for a HANDHELD game, but that's all it is. Every other console rendition post MGS1 is better.
>>
>>323747708
MGSIV is great, MGSV also has the best gameplay of any MGS game.
>>
>>323747939
You must be mentally disabled. Or the only MGS game you ever played was peace walker.
>>
>>323769405
>good for a HANDHELD game

But HD is far superior , you meant to say fun cooperative title
>>
File: 1448397995451.gif (2 MB, 384x215) Image search: [Google]
1448397995451.gif
2 MB, 384x215
Did anyone like the MP of Peace Walker?
I loved it. Crazy stuff.
>>
>>323769501
Never thought I'd defend 4 but I actually disagree on this. For one cqc was a lot more involved and useful in 4 than it was in V. The fluidity of it's control and the scope of it's actions was greater too. Side roll is an invention of 4 and I do believe it was faster. There's feign death and slither maneuvers that 5 lacks. Only thing 5 has that's comparable is the cover face while prone thing which does not do much. Weapons were customizable in the field. Sprint is only necessary because of how big the world is. There not a lot of spots you can really get that inventive with your movement in 5 either. Call me weird but I like taking ducts and dropping down on people.

Best thing V has going for it are putting the codec and scope on main buttons and at least in the case of the scope integrating to point of playing a more important role in the game. (I wish marks wore off though they seem overpowered) Codec kinda was worthless and not fleshed out enough with new information.

Main point being mgs4 grants not just more in terms of freedom of actions it also gives the player more instances to use them.
>>
Portable Ops was better.
>>
>>323746536
It used to be really good, but it's pretty much trumped in every way by MGSV.
>>
>>323769980
yup. The co-op is obviously blast, and the versus is the closest thing to a still active MGO that's worth playing.

>>323773641
>>323773505
lol nope.
>>
I used to like it, but after Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, I always remember how Kojima fucked all the characters. I don't understand why did he wanted to go full edgy and do that to the entire cast. Peace Walker will always leave me a bittersweet feling.
>>
File: PW FAL.png (75 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
PW FAL.png
75 KB, 300x170
>>323746536
An incredible game considering the platform it was released on, and overflowing with content.

It provided classic MGS gameplay with all the essentials, along with long term base management, very fitting for a handheld game played on the go, providing both high and low intensity action allowing to play it in any kind of situation. Very well thought out overall, it really is the kind of handheld game I'd like to see more often.

The story tried to explain how Big Boss started his army, again, as it's pretty much was a remake of Portable Ops on that aspect, and followed by MGSV which again tried to do the same thing, and failed. It's the best out of the three clearly, with a great cast of characters, plenty backstory and tapes, and a real sense of belonging to something. I All of that contributed to make that overhead view of Motherbase feel so much fucking better than being able to walk around it in TPP. Diamond Dogs clearly can't hold a candle to fucking Militaires Sans Frontières.

My main issue with it is that there wasn't enough variety of missions. I didn't mind the filler and grind that much, it contributed to the feeling of being part of that army, and increased my attachment to it and the characters, it was appropriately balanced with story missions and made it feel like actually working towards something and not just crunching numbers.

Also some of the best menu music ever in a game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CazI58KfLk

I pity those that played it on PS360 and expected a full fledged game. To me, it is one of the greatest handheld games ever made.
>>
>>323775206
>I pity those that played it on PS360 and expected a full fledged game
I seriously couldn't stand it on PSP, but totally fell in love with it on PS3.

Also I played it over 350 hours = not a "full fledged game" ??
>>
Worst Metal Gear to date.
It single-handily ruined the entire series.
>>
>>323775291
>not a "full fledged game"
It's not about the time spent on it. I've always believed there's a fundamental difference between a handheld game and a home-size game, and the difference is even bigger between modern and old games.

It's a lot about the pace of progression which allows to "pause" it easily, about the attention span it requires to be played so you can look out for your bus stop as you play... sequences of varying intensity, and a great control given to the player over said intensity. It was a necessary adaptation with early Game Boy games to allow them to be played in chunks, while NES games were meant to play for long periods straight.

PW is very conservative in its approach and completely fits the old handheld game model. It doesn't feel like a home console game with continuous action, no downtimes, and isn't quite meant to be played for hours straight. Which is what makes TPP so annoying at times, because there are too many sequences meant to be played in chunks as if it was a handheld game, but each of those chunks is way too fucking long. It's like a poorly designed handheld game.

>>323775431
>what is ACID
>>
>>323776258
>>what is ACID
It's at least honest about not being MGS.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.