[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C-can't wait for 30th anniversary, federation force's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: Metroid_25th_anniversary.jpg (76 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_25th_anniversary.jpg
76 KB, 480x477
C-can't wait for 30th anniversary, federation force's going to be great r-right guys?
>>
File: 143242345.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
143242345.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
ISTILLLOVEYOUSAMUSPLEASERUNAWAYWITHME
>>
File: SEE.png (297 KB, 514x329) Image search: [Google]
SEE.png
297 KB, 514x329
>>323711549
Please. Other: M took a huge enema shit all over the previous non-Prime games already.

Why would anyone want ANOTHER Metroid title?
>>
File: RestingUp.jpg (36 KB, 414x329) Image search: [Google]
RestingUp.jpg
36 KB, 414x329
>yfw they delay Federation Force to 2017
>>
>>323712391
because of the picture you posted
among other things
Fusion is fucking Elder God Tier
>>
Honestly, I fucking hope it's good.
I'm starving for anything Metroid, really. I'm looking for any excuse to buy it. Tell me it ties to Prime 4 or whatever and I'll get two copies.

In the meantime, I plan to get Super Metroid on the VC. Vote with your wallet and all that.
>>
Metroid is dead ;_;
>>
File: smug cat.png (64 KB, 197x198) Image search: [Google]
smug cat.png
64 KB, 197x198
>>323711549
>Those dislikes on youtube are still skewed into the toilet

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo can go fuck themselves hard until we get another 2D game. No more gimmicks, no more shit directors like sakamoto,no more prime babby shit because Nintendo obviously doesn't know how to do standard fucking dual analog controls.

Just a 2D fucking metroid that doesn't suck ass.
>>
Curious about your hot opinions
http://strawpoll.me/6521373
>>
>>323712802
Like Nintendo even knows HOW to make another Metroid game even half as good as Fusion.

They can't even make a decent Mario game anymore. All they do is eat their old shit, regurgitate it, and call it "New!"
>>
>>323713353
Sadly, you're right.

I've been a loyal Nintendo fan for all my life, I already didn't like last gen that much, but this gen has been godawful. I had never played a Nintendo game I didn't like until Other M, and this year alone I added a bunch to that list.
>>
>>323713270
At the moment, it's most likely going to follow the route Mario Tennis Ultra Smash did where the game gets announced and no one will see anything more of it, videos or images, until it's ready to release one month later.
>>
How will this sub react once they announce that they're killing the series because Fedora Force sold so badly?
>>
>>323713570
It had a good run. I just don't want the series to end with such shitty games like OM and FF. I just need another one.
>>
>>323713561
I'm optimistic about them eating their words at least a bit and tweaking the game in some way. Nothing major like a graphic overhaul, but something to keep the fanbase hooked. Including major characters from the series (I don't know, imagine Kraid and Rundas in the same game or something) would be a start. Make the Metroid universe the real focus of the game, not just the Federation.

If they manage to flesh out the lore, I can see how it can become a worthwhile purchase, even if the gameplay itself ends up being mediocre.
>>
>>323713570
>sub
ill fucking kill you
>>
File: 410.jpg (51 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
410.jpg
51 KB, 680x680
>>323711549
>Metroid without Samus.
>No sign of Samus in any trailer
>4 player so exploration and small corridors are most likely not a thing.
>Samus may only be referenced to or make a small cameo

I don't want to think about it.
>>
>>323713873
Samus is the final boss.
>>
>>323711549
Nintendo will have fucked up its 25th AND its 30th anniversaries. Fuck Nintendo.
>>
>>323713862

>implying neo-/v/ or modern 4chan by large isn't Reddit at this point

I've seen plenty of direct links to plebbit today and none of them were condoned or shunned
>>
>>323711549
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
>>
>>323711549
I'll get it if it is even half as good as Tri Force Heroes. That game was great, despite everyone screaming how bad it was. Wouldn't surprise me if it will be the same with FF.
>>
>>323713838
Any change for the better would be welcome, but I still think most of the backlash against Federation Force is because of its timing. This being the next Metroid game in five years since Other M probably didn't help.
>>
Is the 30th anniversary this year?
>>
Guys, if you care about the series, just fucking buy some game on the eShop. Any one will do. Prime Trilogy, Super, Zero Mission, the original, it doesn't matter. Just spend some cash to send a message, please. Don't let it die.
>>
>>323713270
>This bias fucking poll
>"Retooled into something not shitty" implying that Nintendo completely remade a game based on our impotent backlash
>>
>>323714193
You can't be serious. I've loved every Zelda game ever, even Skyward Sword was 9/10 in my eyes, but I couldn't take Triforce Heroes. It's terrible.
>>
don't worry guys sakamoto is going to deliver, he's overseeing the next great metroid game as we speak
>>
>>323713559
Ditto, as the guy you replied to.

I'm the first to defend Skyward Sword, for example. I enjoyed the controls, the gameplay was sound, etc. But Other: M? Most all the modern Mario titles? Almost half of the Wii U & 3DS titles made by Nintendo?

As much as I hate to say it, we'll never see another SNES or even DS generation again. Nintendo just doesn't know how to do it anymore.

They just need to fire Reggie in the US and bring back someone like Dan Coyner (worked at The Big N during the 90's, marketed "Play it Loud", etc.), & perform a Gunpei on Sakamoto and start limiting Miyamoto's ability to dictate exactly how the next console is going to play his own designed games & start thinking outside Nintendo again.
>>
>>323715026
I'm dead serious. It was my goty last year and I hope it gets a sequel. Half of my playtime was with a friend. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun with a game.
>>
>>323714982
>Biased
I never claimed to be neutral. If you're fine with the game as it is, you're meant to click the third option. Besides, they don't have to 'completely remake' it to make it not shitty. Just wash its face a little, improve the gameplay, add some variety to the missions and tie it to the universe strongly.

You don't seriously think that the game is going to be a commercial success, do you?
>>
File: Three_A_Rex_Final.png (513 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
Three_A_Rex_Final.png
513 KB, 599x599
>>323713950
Kill Yoshio Sakamoto & Kensuke Tanabe now. Before they read that & do it.
>>
>>323711549
I am sincerely looking forward to it.
>>
File: Troll-face.png (23 KB, 462x377) Image search: [Google]
Troll-face.png
23 KB, 462x377
>>323715462
How was your single-player experience?
>>
>>323713353
give it to chair entertainment
>>
We all can at least agree that in no way this is NLG's fault, right? I mean, they're the true victims here.
>>
File: 1446424369379.jpg (16 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1446424369379.jpg
16 KB, 325x325
>>323711549
>implying you people don't deserve to suffer forever after the shitstorms you do when every Smash comes out
>>
>>323716279
What did I do again.
>>
>>323716467
Metroid fanbase is really cancerous around Smash Bros discussion times. Usually just Ridley stuff.
>>
>>323714587
ye
>>
>>323713873
I don't care about Samus coming back anymore I just want more metroid games.

they need to make a game called metroid: bounty hunter and just introduce a new lone character on a different galaxy or alternate universe and for the sequel they turn into a spin off called bounty hunter:subtitle with the metroid font, cause if they keep trying to expand the story of metroid series we are never going to get a new game, they have nowhere left to go after fusion.
story has never been a big deal for metroid but it feels like it's holding g back metroid because of how the story wrote itself into a corner like dmc did and everything was prequels or sidequels after that tiping point.
>>
>>323715889
Okay. Nothing special, and it's easy to see that the game isn't made to be played that way. But it's decent.
>>
>>323716526
>>323716279
>m-muh smash
>>
>>323715889
I mostly played with others. But the occasional round of single player was pretty comfy, while watching TV with my gf.
>>
>>323716279
>>323716526
Anything involving Smash is not inductive to individual franchise fanbases, Metroid or otherwise. The Smash community is its own singularity of shit that warps anything it touches. Look at Shantae, everyone shits on those games now when the people who actually give a shit about those games couldn't give a shit less about Smash. But nobody who cares about Smash actually visits those threads to see this.
>>
>>323713353
3D world
>>
>>323716279
get murdered
>>
>>323716942
Hmm, yes. What came before that again?

Oh, yeah.

New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy

These are the main line Mario titles, from 2007 to 2013 (in reverse order).

Galaxy was great.
NSMBW was a rehash
Galaxy 2 was a rehash/expansion of Galaxy
All-Stars is a repackage, literally, of a collection
3D Land was pretty good
NSMB2 was a rehash
NWMBU was a rehash.

One good, "original" game between 2007 & 2013.
>>
>>323719273
>NSMBW was a rehash
Can you really blame it when the end result is vastly superior to the original?
Seriously, the original NSMB doesn't hold up well at all compared to its sequels. The fact that NSMBW is probably the best of the bunch helps too.

Wii > Wii U > DS > 3DS. Haven't played Luigi's.
>>
>>323719909
I need to play NSMBU and 2 sometime but NSMBWii was way better than the DS game. It wouldn't surprise me at all if U were better than DS or even Wii. 2 as well.
>>
>>323720156
I fell asleep while playing NSMBU.

It was 10 AM.

I'd gotten 8 full hours of sleep the night before.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.