[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo CEO says users aren't using Amiibos correc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5
File: 1445059443639.png (151 KB, 336x349) Image search: [Google]
1445059443639.png
151 KB, 336x349
>Nintendo CEO says users aren't using Amiibos correctly. You see people using them as a collector's item rather than using them for software.

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/

Its not fucking fair. Why aren't you using your amiboos????
>>
>>323561013
>editing out the cone head

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>323561225
more like
>editing in the unfunny haircut meme
>>
>>323561013
Remember when /v/ claimed their purpose wasn't to serve as content unlockers, that it was just a bonus?
>>
Have my amibos in a locked glass case in my room. Am I doing it right?
>>
>>323561013
>Sell a cheap collectible that has negligible use outside of sitting on the shelf
>Complain that people aren't using the gimmick.
They really are stuck in their high castle.
>>
>majority of amiibo characters have never had official merchandise
>majority of games with amiibo functionality utilize them for cosmetic unlocks
>data has to be overwritten
>kids can't play with them like they could with action figures
>adults buying to resell for easy cash or collect since, again, most characters have never had merchandise
>majority aren't restocked so people obviously aren't going to be carrying them around
Why are they even surprised.
>>
>>323561013
Do you think if the e-Reader came out today, there would be an outrage?
>>
Wait, is miyamoto still alive? I thought he died?
>>
NX confirmed for Amiibo machine

Why do Nintendo even have fans?
>>
>>323561013
Anyone in this thread, name twelve games that make use of amiibo in a way that isn't just giving you costumes that don't do anything or giving you free items that you could already get.
>>
>>323562206
Are there 12 games that make use of Amiibos?
>>
>>323562151
That was Iwata idiot.
>>
>>323562181
It's okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
I only have the Zero Suit amiibo, and I cum on it regularly and sometimes post webbums on /gif/.

Nobody told me I was using it wrong.
>>
>>323562151
hell be fine
>>
>>323561013
Amiibos are the most cancerous product that Nintendo has ever put out. They unlock DLC thats already in your game, but since Amiibos are limited in stock you have to pay a fuckton for a cheap figure that will unlock a costume or some other shit.
>>
>release no merch for some of the less mainstream series
>people accordingly buy amiibo of that series to actually have something of their favorite series
>only the fire emblem, shovel knight, and maybe link amiibo are used in an actually meaningful way

Why are people buying these but not using them!?!
>>
>>323562301
DELETE THIS
>>
>>323562143
Yeah
>>
>miyamoto will die in your lifetime
>>
>>323562206
Smash and Tennis are the only ones that use them "properly"
>required for Amiibo Festival's dull board modes, AC characters only
>required to play the worst mode in Mario Party 10, specific Mario characters only
>a tacky statue for Happy Home
>Shovel Knight has a co-op mode locked behind it for Wii U, extra levels for 3DS
>Splatoon unlocks recycled missions, clothes, and some minigames that should have been in already
>amiibo tap is a garbage demo app with demos chosen at random from each amiibo
>Xenoblade only uses Shulk for the gallery
>Codename S.T.E.A.M. unlocks Fire Emblem characters
>Rainbow Curse uses only three to make the game even easier
>Captain Toad forces replayability with a half-assed pixel hunt
>Hyrule Warriors unlocks a weapon, then gives out random weapons/materials/rupees
>everything else is costumes
>>
>>323561013
Then why don't you release Amiibos with relevant software in them? Like VC games? Fuck you Nintendo.
>>
Skylanders/infinity amiibo game when
>>
File: goldenface.jpg (50 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
goldenface.jpg
50 KB, 250x241
>nintoddlers try their hardest to pretend Amiibos are not physical DLC
>Nintendo complains that people don't use them as such
>mfw
>>
>>323563947
how about actually reading the article because that's clearly not what he wants
>>
>>323562181
That is pretty much a given,

Also did they really expect people to buy them and not see them as collector's items? How dense are these guys?
>>
>>323563693
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash lets you turn into super Chibi-Robo which gives you more speed, health, and makes your special attack charge faster. It also adds an in-game gumball machine type thing that gives you collectible figures to store in a gallery. Any non-Chibi-Robo amiibo that came out before the game's release adds an entry to said gallery, once used.

Also you can use amiibo once a day for 2 things: A fortune teller mini-game that requires you scan the Chibi-Robo amiibo and gives you some random number from 1-100 in luck and tells a lame fortune (no clue if it affects the game), and then you can scan any individual amiibo once a day for 50-100 of the game's currency.

They really went out on amiibo shit for this game that hardly got attention. The game came with the amiibo at normal price though.
>>
>>323562454
C-can you show me
>>
>thralls buy DLC toys and claim they wanted the toy anyway
Exactly the same situation as with preordering shitty games for TF2 hats. Amiibo enablers should be given the lethal injection.
>>
>>323561013
Maybe if they actually did anything cool I would use them. I just leave them on my shelf
>>
They just need to make descent f2p games that unlock content with amiibo, digital in game money or with the eshop money
>>
I do use my Amiibo though. I scan them to unlock random cosmetic shit in some games and Splatoon challenges, then they sit on a shelf because what else do I do with them? Sm4sh is still the game that benefits the most from Amiibo and that loses its appeal once you learn that an Amiibo that's higher than level 9 is still just as smart as a level 9 CPU, but literally cheats to appear like it's a tougher opponent. Not to mention that autists like me that have next to or literally all the Smash Bros characters don't have the time nor care to level each figure to 50
>>
>preorder 10 shulks when they were announced
>sell them on ebay for 65 dollars each
>months before they even came out

technically could have never sent them and just kept the money since it was out of the 45 day range but i didnt want to feel like an asshole so i sent all of the amiibos.

Did the same with pit, sold em for 45 bucks.

made good money on them. only cost maybe 3 bucks in fees and 2 bucks to ship.

amiibos were definitely worth the flip.
>>
>>323561976
Totally this. As a nintendrone that i am, i feel ashame for the lack of use they give to amiibo as a nfc technology. Its a wasted potential for card games, f2p games, cross platform integration and software revalue
>>
>>323561013
because they are nice to look at but fucking useless ingame
>>
>>323564793
>not reading the thread
>only eternal shitposting
>>
>>323562143
e-reader was a pretty different situation since most of the cards were japan only

In other words, yes.
>>
>>323565814
I'm probably one of the biggest Chibi-Robo fans and I had to put the game down from sheer boredom. I kept trying to push myself to keep playing it, but it was such a bland game. Shame though, since the Amiibo features were pretty ok and I enjoyed getting all the in-game Chibi Robo figures
>>
So? Sakurai didn't want Smash to become "competitive" but it did. It doesn't matter what Nintendo says, we're the consumers and we can use our purchases however we want within the legal boundaries.
>>
>>323563693
In Splatoon, you can also unlock new minigames, including a Jukebox mode. It's pretty cool to use in those times you're stuck in a lobby for 2 damn minutes.
>>
>buying amiibos as an adult
>owning amiibos as an adult

What kind of stupid cunt gives nintendo money for that crap?
>>
>DLC is okay as long as I get this $0.2 McDonald's toy with it!
>>
Like they give a fuck. People are still giving them money for Amiibos, one way or another.
>>
Gotlucina for codename S.T.E.A.M. and FE: If

Fucking collectors
>>
Because they're just physical keys and have no fun purpose.
>>
File: image.png (39 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39 KB, 640x400
>MFW I didn't fall for the amiibo meme
>>
>purposefully limit supply to create rarity
>surprised when people end up collecting them

is nintendo the stupidest game company in the world?
>>
>>323567368
>Implying I give money to them
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-05/27/amiibo-shipment-stolen
>>
i play with my amiibo's all the time though
>>
>>323567635
No-one here fell for the Amiibo meme.
They either bought it as a collectors item or grumbled about Splatoon bullshit and bought it anyway.
>>
>users aren't using Amiibo correctly
Well then make a damn game where you get to actually use them, with no cosmetic/item unlock bullshit. I know /v/ would turn around and say "hurr, now Nintendumb sold out", but listen:

>name it Super Smash Bros. Adventure (you know, like that thing we all missed in Smash 4)
>use any Smash-compatible Amiibo (or any other Amiibo, depending on how many characters they want)
>plays like Champions of Norrath/Gauntlet (and inevitably...Skylanders)
>up to 4 players

Don't tell me you wouldn't buy that shit.
>>
>>323563693
>Mario Maker uses pretty much all of them to unlock special mushroom characters faster, but you can also beat the 100 Mario challenge to unlock them.
>>
People complain that amiibos are nearly useless because they only unlock cosmetics in most games.

But if Nintendo made a game that utilized amiibo heavily (think Disney Infinity of Skylanders) people would complain about 90% of the game being locked behind physical DLC.

Nintendo literally can't win.
>>
>>323563693
>>Shovel Knight has a co-op mode locked behind it for Wii U, extra levels for 3DS

And Custom Knight. Also those extra levels are for the WiiU version too.
>>
>>323567825
Easier way:
>Make Smash MOBA/ASSFAGGOTS
>Free to play
>Real money to unlock a character or use your amiibo to Unlock
>Swim in money
>>
>>323561013

They need to separate Amiibos and games entirely

It's clear that nobody likes NFC shit, it's all just collectors hoarding happy meal toy collections
>>
Maybe if people had some games to use them in.
>>
>>323566030
>Amiibo enablers should be given the lethal injection.

>people should die for liking a thing I don't like

Literally a narcissistic sociopath.
>>
I bought the Splatoon amiibo set and have never unlocked the stuff they unlock. I just like how they look.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k

Can you sit through the whole thing?
>>
>>323561013
>Nintendo makes a new toy for children
>autistic adults ruin the fun for everyone

This stopped being news years ago.
>>
>>323568101
Hello Reddit
>>
Nintendo are mentally ill.
>>
Are amiibos region locked?
>>
>>323568190
It was very hard desu senpai but i did it
>>
>>323567825
No

Skylanders is awful, why are people suddenly okay with this shit
>>
>>323568271
If you genuinely think people should die for holding an opinion you don't agree with, especially over something as petty as a video game, you must have some serious ego issues going on.
>>
>>323568190
I love how this commercial wants you to believe that the Amiibo bots are more important than the players in deciding who wins
>>
>>323568190
we need to resurrect the guy who made this flash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5EDt6fXM8w

>I brought my Amiibo!
>>
>>323567912
>People complain that amiibos are nearly useless because they only unlock cosmetics in most games.
What.

This has been the #1 argument amiibo enabler use to defend amiibos
>>
>>323568573
no
>>
>>323568724

You sound like a pusscake
>>
File: 1434232904570.png (2 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1434232904570.png
2 MB, 768x1024
i bought squidgirl because she's cute

i bought toon link and samus cuz they were well-painted/sculpted

i got bowser as a gift
>>
>>323568840

>Justifying Runkachunks shitty flash
>>
>>323569625
>not wanting to lay your head down on Rina-chan's lap and stomach
>>
>>323569625
dude, it's around 7 years old, I'm pretty sure we all thought it was funny when we were 20.
>>
>>323561013
Why the fuck did they design them to look like that?
>>
>>323569436
Well you sound like a egotistical psychopath.
>>
>>323561013
>Its not fucking fair. Why aren't you using your amiboos????

Because its a dumb mechanic that amounts to "go buy toys so you can play a video game slightly differently", and its not like they can even keep the good ones in stock. Its the same damn problem you always see with this shit. You want to buy He-man, but the only thing in the store is 20 copies of Stinkor, or you want a ninja turtle, but there's nothing but mutagen man lining the shelves.
>>
File: JUST miyamoto.jpg (28 KB, 343x362) Image search: [Google]
JUST miyamoto.jpg
28 KB, 343x362
>>323561013
>>
Amiibo should give you free plays at the badge arcade, that would be useful for me and would give me a reason to buy one.
>>
>>323570197
>>323570159

>Rina chan
>Ever funny

There was a reason Kirb and the rest left her after the second one

>Made the unfunny third one
>Got pissed when goons of the like bashed her for being a slut about Brawl Taunts, etc. Said butthurt was used later upon her next shitty flash
>Proceeded to make Street Fighter Club, the most unfunny thing she did yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVX1sR7vCQM

>On top of her butthurt and egotism during Brawl taunts when goons mocked her, Street Fighter Chode appeared
>She was pissed over it being on the front page
>>
>>323572087
>Who you callin' pinhead
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.