[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: YAKUZA5.jpg (683 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
YAKUZA5.jpg
683 KB, 1280x720
I just got past Kiryu's level cap, and I'm wonder about this block breaking attack. It says to press a button at the right time, but nothing's really happening whatever I press.

What's the deal?

Also having level caps and going back to blind leveling up was a really retarded idea. Especially providing the ability to remove the cap SO late in the game. You basically have to grind to hit 25 with every character. What the fuck were they thinking?

Great game though.
>>
I think you have to press the button as you land a hit on someone blocking.
>>
>>323552126

I don't think that's it.
>>
>>323551162
.>Also having level caps and going back to blind leveling up was a really retarded idea. Especially providing the ability to remove the cap SO late in the game. You basically have to grind to hit 25 with every character. What the fuck were they thinking?

Elaborate please. Sounds like they changed up the level uping system from 4 radically.
>>
Secret of Defence, right? I don't get it either
>>
>>323553134

1, 2, and 3 had blind leveling up systems. 4 had a great one where you could choose whatever you wanted freely. 5 goes back to the blind bullshit where you have minimal choice.

Also it caps you at level 20, until you fight the 2 Komakis to unlock at at the end of the fucking game.

Yakuza Ishin and Zero steal FFX's sphere grid system which blows my mind on how stupid it is.
>>
>>323553279

The description is so fucking poorly worded.
>>
>>323553298

The two komaki fight is so fucking stupid.
you need luck and a shitload of healing / heat potions. Younger Komaki constantly spams heat move that makes him invincible for extended periods. The main game was way too easy on hard but this is stupid artificial difficulty.
>>
>>323553585

It's easy as fuck with Kiryu and Seajima.

Just kept Tiger Dropping with Kiryu, only had to use 2 Toughness Z's. Just tanks their shit with Seajima spamming attacks, had to use about 4.

With Shinada I just spanned the grab counter and cheated with a few strong weapons.

I tried not cheesing with Akiyama but it was fucking impossible, without his heat moves he's absolutely useless, so I just spammed guns.

Also agree the fight is stupid.
>>
>>323553585

95% of the fight was blocking for me.
only won because I have the laser sword that stuns and knocks them down.
>>
>>323553741

Akiyama really needs some sort of a counter. His attacks are so fucking weak.
>>
>>323553973
He has a tiger drop style thing but it's pretty weak
>>
>>323554131

oh fuck I forgot about that
>>
>>323553585
I only had problems with Shinada - even with Akiyama I managed to fuck their shit up somehow, but Tatsuo felt so weak and useless with his slow pathetic combos.
>>
>>323554286

I saw a vid of a guy using Shinada in EX-Hard and mopping the floor with them.

Let me look for it.
>>
>>323553279
I've seen it in action but have no idea how to activate it consistently. Like randomly Kiryu's weak attacks will guard break.

>>323553298
Ishin's was a lot grindier. Both have portions that you need to unlock. Honestly I don't mind cause I like the feeling of building up to stronger skills but it also shows you what you're getting into which was the weakness of the older level up system
>>
How playable is Ishin without moon skills?
>>
>>323556651
Very easy, just use khhsubs guide.

http://khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html

Pretty much every aspect of the game organized well so you can understand it, even the story.
>>
>>323556651
Seconding this. Historical context and gameplay videos really hype me up while waiting for 0
>>
>>323557335
0 has the potential to be my new favorite game in the series if everything I've heard about it and seen of it is indicative of the experience.
>>
>>323553298
Yeah. I loved how you have the freedom to allocate points to whatever skill that fits your playstyle in 4. From the sound of it Ishin and Zero's grid system is more of a grind than 1 and 2 was.
>>
>>323557562
Apparently its really easy to make money in 0 so I would think its not that much of a grind.
>>
>>323557562
Aside from money literally flying everywhere in 0, if you want to skip the grind it's really easy cause Kiryu has a CP skill(perks/equipment that you get from doing stuff) that lets him make a killing off of extortionists(the big tough guys who steal all your money), and you barely even have to fight them. Just bring overpowered weapons and spam heat actions after you let them steal your money
>>
How do I make money in 5 outside of the arena?

I'm spending so much making and repairing shit, as well as host clubs.
>>
>been playing since it's release
>only just now realized pressing L1 while grabbing someone changes how you're grabbing them from front or back

Was this ever explained, or am I retarded?
>>
>>323558826
It wasn't.
>>
>>323558541
Save scumming with Baccarat. If you have Zero Jewels roulette is your best friend. Just put down 1000 chips in between 0 and 00 after you use one
>>
>>323558826
>>323558861
It's in the notebook part of the menu. Really handy.
>>
>Saejima is the most fun character to play despite being second worst in 4
>Akiyama's new moves are gimmicky and useless, no substory
W H Y
H
Y

Also, I'm disappointed how bad Shinada's fighting style is. He's a great character but damn weapons are just not fun to use aside from occasional heat move.
>>
>>323560568

Shinada is more popular than Akiyama in Japan.
>>
>>323553585
Just buy shotguns and shoot the two fucks like intended.
>>
>>323560860
Shinada was bottom tier.

http://www.ryu-ga-gotoku.com/cp_vote/

baba fans exploited voting.
>>
>>323553298
Some skills were only available after reaching a certain level in 4, but you could still see what it was and best of all you could be methodical with your skillpoint allocation. You could plan it out in advance, prioritizing certain skills and buying others with some points saved up so you could immediately buy the upgraded version of that skill.
>>
>>323560860

I meant Saejima.
>>
>>323562271
>baba fans exploited voting.
Surely you meant Shigeki.
>>
>>323562546
Who gives a shit senpai
>>
File: 099.jpg (121 KB, 480x520) Image search: [Google]
099.jpg
121 KB, 480x520
>Yakuza game introduces 2 cool "baddie" characters
>they're not killed off in the end
I'm actually impressed.
Shame Mirei bought it.
>>
>>323562754
Doesn't really matter when the devs throw out the supporting cast every game
>>
>>323562581
Someone in SEGA or Sony apparently does.
>>
So, Osaka and Kamurocho are the best cities in this game, right? The others in this game are nice, but for me they don't feel like Yakuza.
>>
>>323562898
Osaka's meh in 5, 0 returns it to its former glory. Kineicho's where it's at in 5.
>>
>>323562898
I liked Tsukimino the most, but the wide blocked off road in the middle really ruined it.
>>
>>323562271
>Prisoner 1356
>Defense Minister from 3
>Kanemura
>Sera
>Fucking Boss Gondawara(the Yakuza boss who's into baby play)

This is a really broad selection of characters
>>
>>323562271
>fuccboi is #7
How?
>>
>>323554131

he does?
>>
>>323564906
Counter Kick. It's a Tech skill I think. Easily the worst counter in the game though.
>>
>>323565189
No, at least his does damage. If you use Shinada's against bosses they break out right away.
>>
>>323565494
>How?

even with Hercules gloves?
>>
>>323562754
Watase was great because he's just a hardass who wants to duke it out with Kiryu. Also, Kiryu was rude as fuck in their first meeting.
>>
>>323567435

well he thought he kidnapped daigo so it's understandable - kiryu was just sick of everyone's shit

kiryu v watase felt really really forced, and watase is a complete pushoever - same as katsuya

actually so was fucking saejima

>dies in 4 tiger drops
>>
>>323568221
I'm annoyed Aizawa of all people was the baddest motherfucker around with 10 healthbars for some reason.
>>
>>323569421

his fucking stupid "i was only pretending to be retarded" face gives me the shits too
>>
>>323568221
I hope for a rematch.
I mean - all of those guys (Watase, Katsuya and Saejima, of course) are cool.
>>
>>323562271
I was following that poll from the beginning
the only consistent thing throughout the vote was Majima & Kiryu being 1st & 2nd
towards the end the voting numbers inflated by like 5k across the board and characters like Haruka and Kashiwagi were pushed out of the top 10 entirely and characters like Baba and Tanimura slid in out of nowhere, shit's weird
I remember Ryuji being top 5 at one point too
>>
>I was training offscreen
>story spans week at most
>>
File: 32050673.png (238 KB, 379x650) Image search: [Google]
32050673.png
238 KB, 379x650
>>323573363
They really should've made Morinaga the final boss
feels like they just couldn't resist the oppurtunity to do one last big tweest
>>
>>323573568
yup it was a complete asspull.
>>
I'm working towards 100% completion but I can't for the life of me get one of the river fishes. It's the 5th one on the list. I think it's called "man face fish" or something in Japanese. I've tried every fucking river in the game. So frustrating.
>>
>>323574536
It's ghost koi.
You can find one in Osaka, on southern pier.
I caught one with seaweed ball.
>>
>>323574536
Try the Southern Sotenbori fishing spot. I caught five of them while trying to get a silver arowana, definitely helped out with Akiyama's short cash-flow in Chapter 3.
>>
>>323575037
Not ghost koi, I got plenty of those already. It's the one right below it on the completion list.

>>323575120
Will try, though I've been there a lot already.
>>
>>323575474
>>323575474
You want the Silver Arowana. It's the rarest river fish in the game, don't be surprised if it takes a while to get one.

Make sure you do it at night, and wear that fishing charm Akiyama gets in one of his substories. Makes things a lot easier. A good luck text message also helps. River fishing is honestly much harder to complete than regular fishing, and much more luck based.
>>
>>323577101
Nope, I already caught a shitload of silver arowanas as well.
>>
>>323575474
You mean the goby? It's on the East side of Nagasugai and you can only catch it at night. Club sandwiches as always
>>
>>323579280
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimbocarimbo/RGG/Games/RGG5/Minigames/MinigamesFishing.htm#River

The one I mean is "Jinmengyo". I got all the other fishes already, but that one refuses to show up after LOTS of fishing, even in the places the guide mentions. Thanks for trying to help anyway.
>>
File: 1450165431609.gif (1 MB, 629x354) Image search: [Google]
1450165431609.gif
1 MB, 629x354
>never understood why everyone hates big the cat so much since he's a pretty cool character and his levels are piss easy in Adventure

>playing yakuza 5
>doing shinada's training
>last one with the baseball guy is to catch a marlin at the wharf
>mfw after like two hours and finally doing it

I finally understand.
>>
>>323579502
Jinmengyo is ghost koi, that list is ordered the same way as the game
>>
>>323551162
wtf I want to leave this shitty mountain

where are the save points

I dont care about this shitty bear, Saejima punched his fucking face in and he still roams this crappy mountain
>>
>>323579690
Once you feed Baba you can leave
>>
>>323579637
....oh really.
Well I feel like a fucking idiot now. No wonder I wasn't getting the right fish, I was aiming for a different one (different time of day too). Thanks
>>
>>323579690

>doesn't want to do the best side story

okay nerd

just use the hideout's save point
>>
>>323551162
If you are talking about the komaki stuff, make sure you are holding r1 while pressing triangle.
>>
>>323579881
The hunting side story sometimes disregard its own rules
>Don't run from bears! They will catch up to you!
And then some mission requires me to turn tail and dash to the village while angry Yama-Oroshi is chasing me (but he never catch up to me)
>Bear isn't something you can beat in fist fight, Okudera says
Except that Saejima did once with Yama-Oroshi, then another in Tsukimino, then he has to beat Yama-Oroshi by fist in the end anyway
>>
>>323581789
Saejima is no ordinary man, he can outrun a bear and fuck it up.
Rules do not apply to him.
>>
I'm at level 25 with most of the characters, did all the master and if8 training and revelations, but in all of their training tabs in the abilities section there's still three ??? place holders. What am I supposed to do to unlock whatever these abilities are?
>>
>>323583447
by revelations, you mean weapon revelations too?
>>
>>323583447
Have you done Chef Tatsuya's training yet?
>>
>>323583447
They're the weapon revelations you get by using triangle with certain weapons a lot. Honestly they're not worth it and aren't needed for 100%
>>
>>323582898
Funny thing is, we never get to see his actual fashion sense
>stranded in Okinawa, Kiryu gave Saejima his spare clothes
>stranded in Hokkaido, Okudera gave Saejima his spare clothes
And by sheer coincidence they're the same style; green jacket, black shirt, camo pants, and boots.
>>
>>323584641
Well, in his beginning in Y5 he still wears clothes from Y4. Devs are lazy, but it can mean that it is his style.
>>
>>323584837
Majima was too busy teaching him about Hatune Miku and general vocaloid lore to be able to take him clothes shopping (during that one year Saejima decided to just frolic around in Kamurocho I guess?), evidently
>>
>Bought the most expensive drink in hostess club
>Affection bar filled instantly
Lesson learned. Either talk your way to win women's heart slowly or just fork enough cash to make them swoon in an instant
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.