[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 expectatives and other Soul like games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Dark Souls.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
Whats /v/ opinion on the Souls franchise and on the Souls like games like Bloodborne and Lords of the Fallen?
Personally i love them, and even though Dark Souls 2 was avarage (for a Souls series game) i'm extremelly excited for Dark Souls 3 and will buy it in a blink of a eye.
>>
>>323507219
>Expectatives
Sorry anons, ignore it.
*Expectations
>>
>>323507219
I would like to see more souls clone games branch to more actiony almost hack n slash combat. Whenever it's a soulslike game it's always slow paced.
>>
More dragons and shit. I see the franchise heading the way of Armored Core.
>>
File: smug.jpg (28 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
28 KB, 279x304
>MFW DaS3 will be my 2nd ever Souls game
>therefore I'm not burnt out and will enjoy it
>>
I feel like things have gotten too streamlined and formulaic as of Bloodborne, but I still enjoy them. I just wish we could have another entry more like DS1.

DS2 a shit.
>>
>>323507571
>Whenever it's a soulslike game it's always slow paced.
Being in a medieval inspired universe, that's a valid form of combat in Dark Souls games.

I actually like that you need to commit to your attacks instead of pressing inputs as fast as possible
>>
>>323508269
I actually feel strongly that BB is a step in the right direction as a whole for DS. From the gampley videos I've seen, it seems like they are implementing a lot of features from BB into DS3, hell it basically looks exactly like a re-skinned BB honestly.

I really prefer how fast paced BB's style is to DS. I went back and replayed DS1 and 2 and it's so fucking slow in comparison.
>>
>>323507219
Pls help me /v/

What's the name of that upcoming game that has a mouse as the protagonist?

It's for pc/xbone
>>
I just want combat and hitboxes/animations an everything polished to a mirror sheen.

Interesting locales will come, I just want the game to move and react better than me dying by a monster squashing my character that is clearly 2 meters away from it's blade.

From needs to learn how to make their game WORK before trying to make it challenging. I can take deaths caused by me, it only encourages me to get better, but seeing the game flatten my character with a blade that didnt even connect with them just makes me want to cheap it out before it cheaps me out.
>>
I like the more fast paced combat that DS3 seems to be bringing over from Bloodborne. Pretty excited but I think it's good that From will be taking a break from the series for a while.
>>
>>323508496
I much prefer Dark Souls' methodical combat and I think it offers a more varied and even deep experience. BB is a great one-off, but I'm sad to see how much Dark Souls 3 looks like it.

Like I said, still fun, but we still haven't seen a proper successor to DaS as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>323508516
Ghost of a Tale.
They say 2016, but it's vaporware as far as I can see.
>>
>>323508516
>>323504567
>>
>>323508810
>>323508872
Thanks guys
>>
Do we have concrete info about how invasions will work ? I just want DS1 invasions, and by that i mean NG invasion with orb instead of cracked eye.

>Replayan DS1
>Do a invasion and rekt some scrub on Sen's Fortress
>Dayum nostalgia flowing
>My SF invader character isn't listed and the one i can invade there just has 3 cracked eyes

It's strange as fuck, the game gave me good memories, but it's hard to bring myself to play, specially the fucking PvE (and i did a SL1 run, so i don't dislike PvE). It doesn't help that i don't remember where to get some specific items and whatnot.
>>
>>323508252
>getting burnt out on Souls games

You're missing out on all the other fun ones.
>>
>>323510095
I'll go back and play DaS2 after beating DaS3.

No PS3 or PS4 for the other ones though.
>>
>>323510156
In that case, just play DaS3 and ignore 2.
>>
>>323510156
>DaS 2

Skip it.

I have like 120 hours and still getting hours in it, and I think you should skip it.

It's shitty I only play for coop and pvp
>>
Id like to see in DaS3 the ability to place a bonfire whereever you like. Just set up camp there and its your bonfire
>>
File: 1448488658165.png (557 KB, 984x923) Image search: [Google]
1448488658165.png
557 KB, 984x923
>>323511068
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.