[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PCfag here. How come there aren't any emulators for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: article_post_width_PS4-vs-PC.jpg (33 KB, 618x309) Image search: [Google]
article_post_width_PS4-vs-PC.jpg
33 KB, 618x309
PCfag here. How come there aren't any emulators for the recent PlayStation systems? There are a couple of PS3/PS4 games I'm interested in, but I'm not about to give those scum at Sony any of my money and I wouldn't buy a whole system for one or two games anyway. I know there's stuff out there like Dolphin for Nintendo systems, but nothing like that for PlayStation.

Is there just no demand for the Sony stuff or something? You'd think people would be chomping at the bit to play stuff like Journey or Bloodborne without being restricted graphically by that weak laptop processor.
>>
Why is Sony scum?
>>
Makin emulators aint easy scrub.

GEE BILLY, TWO WIENERS?
>>
>>323469675
>hurr I don't want to pay money for other peoples work!
>>
>>323469926
You would think there would be people passionate enough about PlayStation to try making one by now. Look at the community that's built up around Dolphin. I get that Nintendo fans are... dedicated, but the lack of any caring from PlayStation gamers about something like this surprises me.
>>
>>323469804
They aren't. PC gamers just getmad when they can't pirate every have they play.

Absolute scum of the gaming community.
>>
>>323470351
>>323470379

Who said anything about pirating? You can play Dolphin legally if you have the discs.
>>
>>323470379
I dunno, all the fiascos Sony has had in the past, makes them seem like scum.

>Cinavia
>PS2 lens lawsuits
>Constant incompetent security
>Installed rootkits on peoples computers
>>
>>323471047
Like any of you emulating niggers actually own any of the games you have
>>
>>323469675
Weak ass PC parts would melt trying to emulate the Supercharged components of the PS4
>>
>>323469675
>wanting casual games for children
Just sell your PC and go the fuck back to consoles
>>
>>323472324
I own all ps one games, that i play, well played (laptop started overheating), on ps emulator.
>>
Fucking retards all of you. Emulators don't just appear because enough people Bitch that they want them to exist. PS3 has a very unique processor/gpu and games are designed to to the metal in order to get as much performance as possible. Computers have very different architecture and require additional layers between the software and the metal to emulate systems. The reason it works for other consoles had to do with how today's computers are magnitudes stronger and older consoles didn't have such different custom hardware. Even some ps2 and Nintendo games aren't 100% because there are so many smart ways developers used the hardware that fucks with an emulator because it only works in a 99% similar way.
>>
>>323475095
Okay, then what about the PS4?
>>
you're much better off just buying a used ps3 off craigslist with a bunch of games instead of waiting for a breakthrough in emulation like a fucking moron
>>
>>323475806
much more practical in theory, since that actually uses the same/similar parts your computer does so its entirely possible to see it in the future. the reason its not around today is because sony doesnt want it to, and there is still some things are are not drag and drop compatible.
>>
>>323476557
>sony doesnt want it to

How has that ever been an obstacle? Look at Nintendo's stance on emulation.
>>
File: 1445662562142.jpg (60 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
1445662562142.jpg
60 KB, 452x452
RPCS3 bruh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxGCYluxbA
>>
>>323469675
>but I'm not about to give those scum at Sony any of my money

Sony

>Literally destroyed Nintendo's monopoly on the video game industry on a blind gamble and won, 3 times in a row, the company at the time which was literally holding back the gaming industry
>pushed 3D modelling into the consumers hand years earlier than we would've gotten it
>helped develop some of the most iconic games and franchises in video game history
>is still developing stellar games
>They did jew out by following microsofts lead in paid online
>They pump that money back into developing games
>Is offering a competitive VR alternative for Rift/Vive that doesn't require a $1600 entry point.
>Already has multiple rock solid titles from beloved franchises in development for VR
>Funded StreetFighter 5 when Capcom was on the verge of bankruptcy
>Helped fund Shenmue 3 and gave it massive exposure at E3
>Helped fund Kojimas new game(s) & engine made his new studio a possible thing
>Get's in touch with old PS2 developers and helps fund their new projects
>Creates plenty of new IP's and helps develop the most third party games (by far) compared to competition
>Reaches out to indie developers and helping them grow and develop games
>Is one of the few console manufacturers left getting shit done in this industry (Bloodborne)
>Is at the forefront of the gaming renaissance that is going on in Japan right now

Any more?

Why yall hate on Sony so much despite the positive influence they've had on the gaming industry since the inception of Playstation?
>>
>>323476712
By that i mean they aren't going to help it along. People have managed to get around whatever blocks they may have had or they never thought to impose any at the time they made the console. You can bet that there is some sort of DRM that is there for the purpose to stop games from running on non sony hardware additional to the closed nature of the code where emulator developers have to go blind if they were to try to make one for the PS4
>>
>>323477087
>Be sony
>release moviegames
>tons of blind fanboys eat that shit
>Niggers and spics start joining for Fifa
>Delusionnal PS1-2 fanshitters try to damage control
>>
>>323476832
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtMepv9uJU
>>
>>323477410

>Niggers and spics start joining for Fifa

>Fifa: Developer: EA Canada is now Sonys fault
>PC IS NOT home to the entire third world

>release moviegames, tons of blind fanboys eat that shit
>gone home is suddenly a bad thing for PC because people enjoy playing that game

please just go phaggot
>>
PC isn't advanced enough for such quality consoles like the PS3 or PS4.
>>
>>323470369
you wont be able to emulatw ps4 for at least a decade probably more
>>
>>323477087
>literally a list

Wow, that's a lot of delusion.
>>
>>323477567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQaUoEEFe8
>>
File: 1441081110455.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1441081110455.webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>323478032
>It took the PS3 9+ years so the PS4 will 9++ years
>>
>>323469675
buy a used ps3/ps4

buy used games

there, you can play the shit you want without giving the evil corporate empire your $
>>
>>323478381
you dont understand how much it would take to even get 30fps on a ps4 emulator
>>
>>323478747
And your reasoning is? You obviously understand how it works so please enlighten me.
>>
>>323478890
POWER OF THE CELL
O
W
E
R

O
F

T
H
E

C
E
L
L
>>
>>323478890
isnt it because you have run an entire PS4 system on top of the entire computer running as well?
>>
>>323478890
you arent emulating the game you are emulating the entire system you retard that in of itself takes alot more then what you would think.
>>
>>323479216
see
>>323475095
>>323476557
just because PS4 moar grafixs than PS3 doesn't mean its harder to emulate
>>
>>323479107
The PS4 doesn't use the cell.

Just some shitty AMD hardware.
>>
>>323479397
I can run a VM that's more powerful than a PS4. Same concept
>>
>>323479573
nope it isnt
>>
>>323479548
I know, I'm just being a dick.
>>
>>323479646
Are you just going to say that without elaborating? It would help me to explain how you are wrong.
>>
>>323479451
oh im sorry i didnt realize you were developing a ps4 emulation please keep telling us how easy it is to do it and yes because it a stronger machine it more difficult to emulate because as people have said your emulating the entire thing on top or your current program
>>
>>323480874
And here I was optimistic that someone here knew what they were talking about
see
>>323475095
>>323476557
and see if this helps
>>
>>323471047
>im not giving sony money
>gives sony money buying the games to sit around unused
>>
>>323471275
don't forget
>removing other OS from PS3 through a sneaky update and didn't tell anyone until after the fact
>followed MS in charging for online play even though servers reach end-of-life within a single generation
>charged an arm and a leg for Vita memory cards even though storage memory is at an all-time low price point
>>
>>323469675
The key problem that the PC faces when attempting to emulate a recent console is that the primary PC platform is dominated by a console company. That conflict of interest gives the console industry the ability to restrict the PC in key ways that make the emulation of recent consoles more difficult.

That is in part why the power of GPUs is restricted without the installation of spyware, and why software built with the most used development tools are still generally optimized for CPUs with 4 or fewer cores. If more PCs had access to 8 or more threads, or had access to the full capabilities of a modern GPU recent consoles would be less of a challenge.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.