[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arcane builds aren't viable, they said.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: holy_moonlight_sword.jpg (42 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
holy_moonlight_sword.jpg
42 KB, 397x402
Arcane builds aren't viable, they said.
>>
NOBODY SAID THAT
>>
>>323413289
>not popping bone ash
>not cleansing these vile streets with the flamesprayer
>>
>>323413337
HUNTER TOOLS ARE JUST GIMMICKS OUTSIDE OF THE BONE THEY SAID
>>
>>323413407
Apart from aesthetics, is flame sprayer actually better than that choir thing?
>>
Holy Moonlight Sword is a STR / SKL / ARC weapon.
In that order.
50 STR or bust.
>>
>>323413289
But that's a Strength leaning quality weapon, anon.
Unless you put elemental gems into it, then any weapons is arcane

>>323413635
For PvE yes
Most bosses have less fire resist than arcane resist

For PvP it's rosmarinus

>>323413554
>he doesn't know about the buffs Arcane received in the past few patches
>>
ya before the DLC because hunter tools are straight up garbage

but now we have MLGS and kos parasite
>>
>>323413782
I do know about them, it's why I'm gloating.
>>
File: yMWK3ym.jpg (65 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
yMWK3ym.jpg
65 KB, 1024x576
>>323413289
Fuck you and your arcane build faggot, I have my almighty axebro to lead me through the night.
>>
>>323413289
Swords will cut you fucking wide open.
>>
>>323413675
No. HMS is best paired with the Kos Parasite for maximum fuckery. Your version of the build has ~20 more AR and requires significantly more stats invested, has shit lasers, and doesn't get good damage off of hunter tools.
>>
File: milkweed_kos_parasite_trickmode.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
milkweed_kos_parasite_trickmode.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
>>323414118
>>323414042
cum @ me bro cum @ me

>the hyperarmor on that cosmic blast
>>
is 20 vitality too low?
>>
What is your overall level?
>>
>>323414287
hell yeah

go for like 35 min

you don't need endurance in BB get to 20 max and stop
>>
>>323414287
For pvp it's p low bud. Sir broccoli up above you has an aoe multi-hit blast that deals ~1400 damage in one tao of L2. Katanafags can pretty much one shot you with a transform attack. You won't live through much.
>>
>>323414492
Op here, 110
>>
>>323414210
How good is the kos parasite for PVE
>>
>>323414724
Hits for roughly 600 or so damage a swing in the deep chalices and most of its attacks can multihit. Might take some getting used to on some bosses but it's a good weapon. Pvp it wrecks fools, have not lost as cauliflower. Niggas love to spam r1, and they always end up getting 'sploded because that attack will not stagger.
>>
>>323414548
the build says lv42-something, I don't know why anyone would stop levelling but I just stopped at 43 just to be safe so my vit is at 20. I have no idea how Souls games work so I managed with it until the DLC and Ebrietas, these two fuckers are fucking assholes.

>>323414592
pve
>>
>>323414492
Overall across all characters or what?

Mine are 30, 50, 59, 70, 70, 80 and 140
Most of them are cosplay co-op/invasion builds
>>
>>323413289
I wish there was a way to get to all of the DLC weapons early. Their movesets are vastly more interesting than the vanilla boring ones.
>>
>>323415503
You can get like half of them after you kill Amelia by just running around the first area
>>
>>323415353
the guide told you to go to 42 endurace?

it's a shitty fucking guide

40 endurance is a MUST have in souls games if you're going melee because it increases stamina (MUCH more important in souls as actions use up more stamina than BB), defense, and equip load. Even mage builds need a bit of it, it was the most important stat (It was nerfed a bit in DaS2 but i didn't play that enough to give you a straight answer)

In BB all it does is up stamina which is bountiful because actions take less of it

on the flip side, since most armors are similar to each other in terms of stats in BB, you can't compensate low vitality with heavier armors with endurance. This, coupled with BBs fast attacks and locks, means vitality is more important in BB
>>
>>323415503
you can get every weapon but rakuyo, bloodletter, and kos parasite before the first boss (unelss you count offhand stuff like church canon)
>>
moonlight greatsword isn't even a good arcane weapon you degenerate

it's 10x better as a quality build weapon
>>
File: laughing pepe.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
laughing pepe.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>BB MLGS
>arcane

I think you meant to post kos parasite, the only arcane weapon worth a damn
>>
Hey /v/ I have like
43 vit
30 end
40 str
40 skll
32 arc
9 blt

I dun goffed right? What can I do to suck not as much? So far I've been using Lidwig's Holy Blade, and it's pretty much the only reliable weapon for me. NG+ btw
>>
>>323415658
no I meant the in the guide the overall level is wrote as 42-something, it said vitality should be at minimum of 20 as well as endurance. I just don't know what the downside is to levelling up too much, I figured there must be a catch to that so I stopped levelling at level 43 with 20 vit and stamina, 10 str, 25 skill, 10 bloodtinge and 10 arcane
>>
>>323416059
Holy Moonlight Sword is your best friend on this build and will serve you much better than LHB.
>>
>>323415870
>>323415787
>A scaling with arcane
>B scaling with strength
>C scaling with skill
>That R2

???
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
34 KB, 200x200
>>323413289
WHat game? That sword looks comfortable. Pic "related"
>>
>>323416249
Ok, I'll try to get it, but right now it seems impossible, I didn't have the dlc on the first playthrough so now the hunter's nightmare is way too fucking hard, and the boss too. Or maybe I just suck. Anyway, I'll try and get the HMLS
>>
>>323416092
>I just don't know what the downside is to levelling up too much

after level 25, you get diminished returns on stats

after level 50, you get severe diminished returns

if you're planning on pvping it'll be a problem because shit will go to waste (most people only take skl/str/bt to 50 because of this and take a secondary offensive skill to 25 e.g. the beast claws are a split between str/skl so 50 in one and 25 in the other)

the reason for this is because PvP is more active around level 100-120 so if you plan on capping yourself there and go above, you're wasting stats

an example is my current reiterpallsch/rakuyo build that I'm working on goes like this:

SL 100

vitality: 34
endurance: 20
skill: 50
bloodtinge: 25
strength: 11 (2 points put into this to wield loch shield)
arcane: untouched

>>323416343
scaling in BB does not work like it does in souls where all skill boost increase all damage. I learned this the hard way

for example, the bloodtinge scaling on reiterpallsch only affects the bullet not the sword. The regular chikage only scales off skill while the bloodied one is only off bloodtinge. For MLGS the arcane damage is very limited in the moveset.

I learned this the hard way
>>
>>323416598
But hms gets arcane scaling on its tricked form as split damage. It fits nicely with a 50 arc 25 strength build, you get good hunter tools and the blade beams are a serious threat.
>>
>>323416598
You sound pretty knowledgeable, why do all weapons have Arcane scaling? I don't remember a single trick weapon that doesn't have some form of Arcane scaling, even non-elemental ones. Obviously I knew the arc scaling didn't actually affect damage since you can see how much your damage will go up in the level up screen, but I always wondered. I thought it would affect elemental scaling if you put in an elemental blood gem but I made a fire weapon out of the hammer to test that and it only got like +4 fire damage over the base fire damage even though it had B arcane scaling and I had 25 arc.
>>
>>323414042
>axe
>falls off late game

Yeah no.
>>
>>323416598
>34 vit
>25 blt

what are you doing
>>
>>323417086
from what I hear it's mostly str/skl though you could be right I've only used it halfway throught a str. build and didn't optimize something by the time the DLC hit

>>323417091
>why do all weapons have Arcane scaling?
you can add an "apply arcane damage" gem to activate the arcane scaling on weapon or a buff like empty shell (note: arcane attack added gems don't work for reiterpallsch despite it's good scaling)

>>323417395
it's still in progress so the vitality is gonna go up

25 blt because reiter's gun does great damage with bolt/fire paper. Also my original secondary was simon's bowblade but that used up too much QS so i opted for rakuyo
>>
>>323417091
The arcane scaling, unless the weapon deals native arcane damage, is applied when you add in an arcane blood gem to your weapon. It removes the physical scaling entirely and the weapon deals elemental famage scaling with your arcane stat.
>>
>>323417489
Skill is the least important stat for hms. Either prioritize strength > arcane to focus only on swinging the sword or arcane > strength for a more nuanced build with tools/ parasite alt and better lasers. Adding in skill means over leveling or having shit vitality/endurance, and you want some endurance so you can do the follow up fully charged double blade beam.
>>
>>323415229
On anything higher than NG that thing is trash for pve senpai.
>>
>>323418101
Considering depth 5 chalices are essentially ng+ at least, I think it does fine.
>>
I haven't played Bloodborne yet, is Arcane the magic stat? Is there magic in the game? I haven't seen anyone use any spells.
>>
>>323419465
There are hunter tools which are reusable items that consume bullets to use and have arcane requirements that work similar to spells. It also affects weapons with innate elemental damage like the Tonitrus (lightning mace) or Logarius Wheel (magic wheel) or weapons infused with arcane damage.
>>
>>323419689
Ah nice. So Beast Roar is one of them, right? I like the fact that you don't need to dump shitloads of level ups into a stat only so you can use some spells.
>>
>>323413289
Can't wait Dark Souls 3 to blow the fuck out this shit game.
>>
>>323419965
ah cuck, some say cuckold
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.