[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw we the players are deceived like venom venom (we) thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: Snapshot - 34.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot - 34.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>mfw we the players are deceived like venom

venom (we) thought big boss (kojima) as his idol and the best person in the world who can do nothing wrong or deceive someone (deceiving us into believing MGS V will be about BB revenge) and after the reveal of what truly happened felt rage (like us) but still supported him (as we are happy for kojima getting partnered with sony)

was it all intentional?
>>
You're giving Kojima way too much credit. Toby Fox is the only game developer I know of who could actually do something that clever intentionally.
>>
>>323410136
Classic post
>>
>>323410136
nah its just a joke

i don't think any human being no matter how clever can pull something like this
>>
File: wtf kojima.png (1 MB, 853x1783) Image search: [Google]
wtf kojima.png
1 MB, 853x1783
Threadly reminder that Kojima is a hack.
>>
I've been skeptical of Kojima's handling of the series from MGS3 onward.

And even though I agree that the trailers were pretty well-edited, even before the game was released I thought the story looked unnecessary and extremely heavy-handed (boy Big Boss has a horn and a bloody face that means he's a bad guy now!). I was right about both, just not in the ways I anticipated. I also expected a lot of the problems with the missions and gameplay.
>>
>>323412074

>throw money at Kiefy Suz to voice act
>delete basically everything because you went to a movie

And people thought the ruse was real...
>>
>>323412074
That's a meme image
>>
>>323412440
gameplay was good IMO
>>
File: Smirk.png (160 KB, 315x359) Image search: [Google]
Smirk.png
160 KB, 315x359
>>323412794
>>
>>323412690
>>323412074
Thats fake.
>>
File: 11141541.jpg (83 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
11141541.jpg
83 KB, 384x313
>>323408628
Why exactly are you getting your panties in a bunch? You carried out Big Boss 1.0's revenge. It began and ended with Skull Face's death. If that's not closure, what is?
>>
>>323414738
sorry correction

big boss turning "evil"
>>
>>323415297
big boss has been evil since peace walker, only idiots who still haven't figured that out are the ones nagging about how he never became a demon in V, he's been a demon all along you fools
>>
>>323416094
how so?
>>
3deep5me
>>
Yes, I don't see what's so hard to fucking get about the ending here, it's not like its super deep or anything.

MGSV is marketed as the downfall and corruption of Big Boss, but after playing the game its clear that this was a complete bait and switch like MGS2. The downfall of Big Boss already happened with MGS3 and MGS PW. By the end of PW he lets go of the last moral straw: The Boss. Big Boss is now a man who will do anything to further his own goals. By the end of PW, he is already pretty much the villian we know.

When motherbase gets attacked at the end of GZ he decides along with Zero, to take his best soldier and make him a doppleganger. Even though this is a terrible thing to do, but again; Big Boss is already far gone, he cares neither about nations and looks up to nobody. He only cares about his own personal goals. Big Boss betrayed us, just like so many other villians in Metal Gear has done in the past. Because the only thing Big Boss cares about his own ideals.

The Man Who Sold the World.
>>
>>323416464
Saying he's "evil" in PW is a stretch, but by the end of PW he's competely uninterested in most moral concerns and only cares for war for war's sake. He explicitly states that he doesn't care about ideology anymore, just a place to fight. He takes up killing people because he doesn't know what to do with himself. He and MSF become blunt tools of war and nothing else. He isn't actively villainous yet, but he sure isn't a great person.

The only difference between the Big Boss we see at the end of PW and the Big Boss we see in MG2 is a greater degree of arrogance and a more aggressive attitude.
>>
>>323412690
>basically everything
Yeah, those
>Paz?
>Paz...
>Paz!
>Paz are you okay?
Would have fixed this game.
>>
>>323416464
MGS3: idiot rookie
PW: army leader, kidnaps people (torture is also implied), uses at least one child soldier (Chico), goes from "we'll be there for those who can't defend themseles" to "we'll work for the highest bidder"
TPP: uses one of his soldiers as a tool, effectively becoming what he hated, and clearly not giving a shit about it
>>
>>323416741
This. MGSV's story is total dogshit and the game is frequently less-than-compelling but we already got to see Big Boss's "downfall" in Peace Walker and his speech at the end of the game. Not that we even needed that much, since MGS3's ending set up his future plots well and in Metal Gear 2 he explains himself pretty clearly, but whatever.
>>
>>323408628
Nope.
Not to sound like a kojidrone but bear with me here.
Kojima given enough time and resources is able to deliver the message AND gameplay he wants to see.
I doubt kojima intended for the game to be half finished, so what I think happened is they had to do some major damage control and came up with the game as it is right now.

If kojima had the proper time and resources, he could have made the game as he intended.

Case in point: MGS2. That game was maybe misunderstood by people, but it did convey what kojima was trying to say.
MGSV however, is being read too much into to justify how "good" kojima is. I think that the game on it's own right now is just a failed experiment.
>>
File: 1390027810607.gif (2 MB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
1390027810607.gif
2 MB, 445x250
>>323417121
>MGS3: idiot rookie

I don't think that being sent into a top-secret mission in a remote part of Russia during the Cold FUCKING War equals being a rookie, but alright
>>
File: 1360442413421.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1360442413421.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>323408628
>give someone a box and tell them there is a delicious cake inside
>inside is not cake but meatloaf
>I am now the smartest and wittiest person alive for SUBVERTING their expectations and showing them how stupid they are for blindly believing in MARKETING and WANTING cake in the first place
>>
You know, if a game is bad to make a point it's still bad.
>>
>>323418435
The game is bad because it's unfinished, but because of the twist.
>>
>>323418581
The twist and everything about the story are still shit. Even if we'd gotten the missing mission the game's narrative would still be crap. After all, we saw the unfinished cut scenes. It's still shit.

The game has fundamental issues with its game design, too, anyway. It has tons of problems.
>>
>>323418749
Which would be fixed if they let him finish the game.
I don't particularly care about the story because it's been 10 years without a good story in the MGS franchise.
>>
>>323418749

>The game has fundamental issues with its game design, too, anyway.

go on then
>>
Kojima has and most likely will done much harm to its own ideas and projects because he doesn't know when to stop. He doesn't know when to stay away from cheesy, corny action and comedy and it ends up hurting his games.
>>
>>323417320
MGS3's ending was good justification for BB to leave the military and become disillusioned with society, but not enough for him to turn into a remorseless warmonger outright. PW bridged that gap nicely.
>>
>>323418870
Not the guy, but I think it's a flawed open-world game. The world is empy and feels like like nothing more than an interactive "lobby" between instances of actual stealth gameplay ie. the outposts and missions, the latter which take place in sectioned off, heavily scripted, separate versions of the overworld.
>>
>>323418828
>Which would be fixed if
There's really no indication of that. We have no way to know what would have changed and what would have stayed the same. The game would be better, probably. Totally fixed? Probably not.
>>323418870
Open-environments and first-person aiming make the game pretty unbalanced. Even when the enemies wear armor to account for tranqs they're still not very threatening because CQC is as absurdly effective as ever. The game gives you quite a bit of stuff to fuck around with, but it comes at the cost of compelling, tense sneaking. The few times the game dares to impose a more controlled environment (OKB Zero, the power plant) it's pretty solid, but these are few and far between and they still don't entirely make up for how overpowered the player always is.
>>
>>323418412
That's certainly how everyone on his radio team treats him like.
>>
>>323418415
It's like you kids are too young to remember he literally did that already with mgs2
>>
>>323419225
But there isn't really justification for him to turn into a remorseless warmonger. Because there's nothing to explain. He's that way because he has nothing else to live for and it's all he knows. MGS3 makes that pretty clear. PW beats us over the head with it and shows it happening, but it didn't tell us anything that MGS3 didn't already imply or Metal Gear 2 didn't outright already tell us.

There weren't any "gaps" that needed to be bridged. There weren't any significant gaps at all.
>>
>>323419520
The world and gameplay wise it would probably be completely fixed.
The world lacks things to do in it, as does Motherbase.
Fix these and the game is pretty much fixed.
>>
>>323419596
Exactly.
Why did he think the same joke would make us laugh a second time? Did Kojima himself forget what he had done?
>>
>>323419886
And people still cried about
>not muh Snake
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.