[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something good about this game /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 32
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
Say something good about this game /v/
>>
They fixed the gunplay significantly from the last game.
>>
It finally killed my motivation to ever buy a Bethesda game again

Now, I am free.
>>
>>323374897
I should mention that the guns themselves are much less satisfying, bar a couple like the gatling laser and guass rifle.
>>
It created a lot of fun discussion in this sub.
>>
Nude
>>
Only crashed once in the 36 hours I played it
>>
>>323374748
I actually liked the atmosphere it's a shame it was impossible to roleplay in it.
>>
Robot Curie is objectively a best
>>
>>323374748
No. Fuck this game. And fuck you too, OP. Fuck your rules. And fuck this thread.
>>
I appreciate New Vegas more
>>
>>323375439
this to be honest, family member.
>>
>>323375439
Human Curie is goat.
>>
>>323374897
>polishing shit
>>
It made me happy because even die-hard Bethesdrones, consolekiddies, entry-level casuals, and critics all hated it and finally woke up to Bethesda's shit.

You know your game is bad when people prefer FO3 to it.
>>
File: ToddHowardampco_zps24991817.jpg (214 KB, 1024x851) Image search: [Google]
ToddHowardampco_zps24991817.jpg
214 KB, 1024x851
>>323374938
You'll be back, all it takes is a promise or a glimmer of hope; his lies will claim you once again, be it during a sale or otherwise.
>>
I get to play a fun game and watch the internet cry about it.
>>
I really liked 3 and New Vegas but i haven't played 4 yet. Should i just buy it or will i be wasting my money? Seems like people say the most fun things are using power armor and building shit, which doesn't sound like much fun to me. Is their any more redeeming quality's that I don't know about?
>>
>>323374748
the enemy non humanoid animations were cool and the interactivity between dog and animal enemies was good. if you watch dog fight molerats or humans for example, he goes for the throat

the radscorpions are well animated and terrifying. the bigger robots are terrifying to fight

theres nothing wrong with the game its just a FPS RPG where the storyline takes a back burner. you can setup your character to be a power armor user and pretend youre a space marine. i just got tired of doing the same shit after 160ish hours and 4 playthroughs so ive moved on until mod toolkits are out long enough for better mods
>>
>>323374748
Nick Valentine is pretty cool.
>>
>>323374748
I stopped playing it over a month and a half ago.
>>
>>323377093
i strongly recommend waiting until the game is on a huge sale, well after many good mods are out, just play something else until then
>>
>>323377093
I'd advise against it, You're not missing out on much.
>>
>>323374748
I'd suck Nick's robocock.
>>
>>323374748
It's not the worst fallout game
>>
The colony building was great from what I heard.
>>
File: ghoulnut.jpg (109 KB, 544x653) Image search: [Google]
ghoulnut.jpg
109 KB, 544x653
It made me realize that I should never take /v/'s opinions seriously.
>>
>>323378773
I figured as much
>>
>>323374748
The lighting is nice.
>>
>>323374748
it looks pretty?
>>
>>323378604
mods can't fix the game's biggest issues tho
>>
File: fallout-brotherhood-of-steel.jpg (29 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
fallout-brotherhood-of-steel.jpg
29 KB, 354x354
We get to finally find out what the sequel to this would have been like.
>>
File: 2016-01-05_00009.jpg (406 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05_00009.jpg
406 KB, 1680x1050
Lighting (it's good to finally have shadows)
Good visual design and art direction in general
Distant gunshots sound realistic
Modular guns
Power armor mechanics
Instant looting (don't have to wait UI lag while it loads container content like in F3)
Vertibirds
Some followers are pretty cool
>>
>>323380105
as far as you keep your distance from everything
>>
>>323377093
Pirate it just like I did it
>>
>>323380725
This. You can get some pretty good shots outside with proper lighting and time of day.
>>
Story is engageing and exciting
>>
It's a great time killer.
>>
>>323380903

lol
>>
>>323380547
trying too hard
>>
>>323375792
>>
I'm still playing it and I haven't beat it yet. 200 hours deep
>>
I want to be Nora
>>
They listened about the clothing under the armor and the ability to mix and match armor.
its just a copy of Skyrim
>>
>>323375018
I remember in F3 wanderers edition my favorite was the railway rifle, but in F4 it sucked and sounds were annoying, what a letdown
>>
Cant think of a game with better atmosphere. Exploring every single area felt exciting and new, unlike new vegas and FO3. Graphics on point. Not as glitchy as other Fallouts on release. Tons of people put hundreds of hours on it. Hating this game is a meme, and it wasnt as good as witcher 3 but it definitely was one of the funner games I played this year.
>>
The scenery and water look pretty good. The characters and npcs look ass
>>
>>323377093
I don't use power armor and don't build shit, I still have 4 days play time. I really enjoy fallout 4 as I did the other games. If you're not hyped then wait for a sale, it won't matter much if you play it now or later, you will enjoy it at least the same and for a cheaper price.
>>
File: 1438496338939.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1438496338939.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
Literally everything, 10/10 game of the year
>>
It was ok. Just wish there was more to do after beating the main story. Game felt extremely rushed.
>>
Could they have made the power armor any more worthless?
>>
I really like the fact every man women goul and best In the comonwealth have all mastered combat an know when to move the second your aiming at them.seems like a useful skill.
>>
File: 2302.jpg (43 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
2302.jpg
43 KB, 500x483
>>323381793
>essentially makes you invulnerable, let's you carry entire Wastetland in your inventory and have some other buffs
>worthless
>>
>>323381650
Sorry man gonna have to disagree with you here.
>Cant think of a game with better atmosphere.
Stalker, for one. E.Y.E., Metro 1 & 2, even Half-Life.
>Exploring every single area felt exciting and new, unlike new vegas and FO3.
Mostly agreeing with you there, except building interiors like office buildings all look the exact same. So do vaults, caves and "hidden vaults under house".
>Graphics on point.
Outside yes, inside no.
>Not as glitchy as other Fallouts on release.
Had my first crash at the 20 hour mark if I remember correctly.
>Tons of people put hundreds of hours on it.
Got bored at 84.
>Hating this game is a meme, and it wasnt as good as witcher 3
Witcher 3 has a lot more to offer.
>>
>>323382064
I used it the one time they made me and never used it again.
>>
>>323374748
All the people bought it and Todd will grace us with another outstanding bethesda studios title.
>>
>>323382302
You just like my friend, he's a purist and skipped entire power armor thing and didn't take any followers because they make the game too easy. Then again you guys missing out on new good mechanic and some content (follower quests and commentary)
>>
>>323374748
It's a good example of what not to do. It also serves as a stepping stone for the inevitable Superior Obsidian sequel.
>>
>SAY GOOD
>>
>>323382302
Power armors only good if you have 20+ cores and a shit ton of armor skill. Other wise
>is poop.
>>
>>323383153
HATE GOOD!
>>
>>323382256
metro has horrible atmosphere
everything about that game is awful
dont even get me started
>>
>>323382953
I skipped power armor but followers were dog shit in combat anyway so I took em along. Ghoul perk + crit tree + kellogs gun made the game easy mode again though.
>>
>>323383243

>SARCASTIC
>>
>>323383238
>if you have 20+ cores
i.e. if you played the game for 10 hours
>and a shit ton of armor skill
it's op as fuck even as a bare frame
You only ever need armor skill to get to jet pack mod in tier 4
>>
It had a dense world and pretty cool companions.
>>
>>323383426
Followers are essentially immortal bullet sponges who draw enemy fire on themselves, that's what they're good for.
>>
>>323383384
Sorry man, looks like we have different tastes. Hopefully Fallout 4 sates your appetite for a large, open-world game. It didn't for me but that's fine.
>>
File: 1413339628432.png (1 MB, 902x599) Image search: [Google]
1413339628432.png
1 MB, 902x599
thought modding weapons and armor was pretty cool

settlement stuff was a fun time sink as well
>>
>>323376054
I've seen the dialogue and the way they are headed.
It's not even going to be worth the bandwidth of a pirate.
>>
At least it's a video game
>>
I'm not even mad anymore, I could cry on this board all day about removing the rpg from fallout and making it into a loot and shoot game. But it doesn't matter, the game sold and at the end of the day that's all they care about, they will push out 4 dlc at 10 dollars each and make a lot more money off of it.

The people that want an rpg are simply no longer their audience. I'm not mad anymore, it's just fallout is dead to me, and that's all there is to it.
>>
>>323383662

Yeah, the world is surprisingly dense.

Plus,

>no subways
>no level cap
>slightly better animation
>game was actually colorful and fairly beautiful in some places
>>
Interesting locations with neat meta stories like 3 had. Gunplay was improved to a quality standard though it seems to have come at the cost of rpg elements. Companions have some character to them unlike 3. Being a Chem user is actually fun and the voices pc shouting or roaring when you get high helps roll play as a decent raider for once.
>>
File: Fallout-4_20151204211240.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4_20151204211240.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
>>323385068
>no subways
But there are, the stations just not always interconnected
>>
>>323383763
>Followers are essentially immortal bullet sponges who draw enemy fire on themselves, that's what they're good for.
I miss when companions could actually die. When I played Fallout for the first time I took Dogmeat and Ian, and kept them alive until the very end of the game. When they finally got torn to shreds by some of The Master's personal super mutants I remember saving my game as "alone again." It really adds a lot to the post-apocalyptic setting when your new friends get cut in half by miniguns with one unlucky turn.
>>
>>323384527
As soon as i heard they did away with the karma system, I knew that the game would never be the same for me.
Call me gay, but the first time i played 3, i had 3 characters. First was a Messiah, second a true mortal, and the third was a devil.
>>
>>323385424
It's one side of the coin. The other is that they were always getting in your line of fire, walked into traps, blocked your explosives and died all the time. If anything, immortal followers is a type of casualization that i personally take as a positive.
>>
>>323385932
They were immortal in nv if you had causal mode on m8.
>>
Power armor was fun for a whole battery
>>
>>323385640
>kill, steal, rape
>dump your water supply on some hobo by megaton
>a saint again
:^)
>>
File: why the hell not.jpg (3 KB, 109x120) Image search: [Google]
why the hell not.jpg
3 KB, 109x120
>>323374748
Its fun.
>>
>>323386051
I got another 20 hours of so or fun once I switched to a melee build in power armor.
>>
>>323385418

Right, but you don't need them to traverse the map like you did in Fallout 3.
>>
>>323386248
Haha, obviously the devil was the most fun but trying to go through the entire game with + karma was fun in itself. Felt good trying to help people and salvage whatever i could from the nuclear winter.
>>
If Fallout is dead, are there any alternatives you guys recommend?
>>
>>323383440
>HATES NEWSPAPERS
>>
>>323387361
If you liked Fallout 2 you might like Wasteland 2 or UnderRail.

If you liked New Vegas well then you're kinda fucked.
>>
>>323387361
Stalker with mods. Source leaks given the game a new life.
>>
>>323374748
I love the customization aspect of it.

I just wish weapon upgrades were less vertical and more horizontal in progression ala Blacklight letting you tweak more values per part but less overall effect.
>>
The gunplay is improved. IMPROVED being the key word. It's still mediocre by all standards possible, but it's still a lot better than how god-awful gunplay is in FO3. In that game, enemies might as well have just been slab-like rectangles that just slid across the floor while the slab that you controlled slid around as well and pointed and clicked at enemies until they died.

Not liking the crafting system. Crafting systems + equipment load are paradoxical. The junk items either shouldn't count towards your weight or you can use them even when they're stored somewhere else or something. Because when you combine these two elements, it just results in you fast traveling back and forth from the designated place that you keep all your random junk.

The lack of optimization is really bothering me as well. I haven't confirmed using fraps, but I'm pretty sure I'm only getting 30fps. I'll turn down the settings because the framerate is hurting my eyes, but goddamn is it bullshit that such an ugly game still manages to require more power than it should just because it has to brute force through everything.
>>
>>323388431
>Not liking the crafting system. Crafting systems + equipment load are paradoxical. The junk items either shouldn't count towards your weight or you can use them even when they're stored somewhere else or something. Because when you combine these two elements, it just results in you fast traveling back and forth from the designated place that you keep all your random junk.

Local leader.

>The lack of optimization is really bothering me as well. I haven't confirmed using fraps, but I'm pretty sure I'm only getting 30fps.

God rays put a huge hit on performance. Turn them off. In general, though, you're just describing Bethesda games.
>>
>>323388884
>Local leader.
Local leader what you twat?
>>
>>323389248

It's a perk, you twat. You set up supply lines between settlements and can access all of your junk from any workshop.
>>
I will be completely honest with you, anon. I -hated- this fucking game. Outright pure anger when i played it and i felt betrayed. I have loved Bethesda since Daggerfall. ince i played it for a bit i found some redeeming factors i grew to understand why they changed the franchise.
>ghouls actually freaked me out
>deathclaws made me feel fearful
>legendary beasts
>voiced characters not only gave us a tone, but also a few laughs
>lengthy side missions (at times)

There are more, but I'm not gonna drone.
>>
With all the backlash for the voiced protagonist and the dialogue wheel, do you think they'll cut it out for the next Elder Scrolls?
>>
>>323388431
>can use them even when they're stored somewhere else or something
Whenever you're in settlement, crafting system uses workbench inventory in addition to your own. That's why there's a button "store all junk" when you open workbench.
Just always dump all your garbage in your main settlement.
>>
It's an improvement from it's predecessors in all ways, except dialogue and story.

Still feels outdated.
>>
>>323374748
instead of making a good game all they did was try to unfuck 3 and still did a lousy job at it.
>>
>>323390051
So I HAVE to do this settlement stuff? I was just going to ignore that because it just seems to be shallow mineycrafta-tier bullshit. I was just collecting junk for weapon upgrades and craftable items and such.

>>323388884
>In general, though, you're just describing Bethesda games.
This is true, but I didn't have these problems with their other games like FO3, even back in 2008. Their games have always been unoptimized hot garbage, but it was the sort of unoptimization that would become apparent when you used mods like higher res textures and such. The vanilla games were never that demanding.
Thanks for the advice though, I'll turn off the god rays.
>>
>>323390482
I kinda see what they were going for. They saw the kind of people that were playing FO3 and the sort of mods that attracted people, and they just rolled with that sort of stuff.

Of course, this created a sort of chicken-and-egg scenario. People didn't play FO3 for the story and RPG stuff, obviously, so they had to make due in other ways. So rather than realizing that people do indeed want RPG stuff, they just gave it a quick once-over and said "gee, it looks like people like having 6 gorillion guns and real time settler, let's focus on that"

I'm really just holding out hope that Obsidian gets to make a New Vegas 2 to continue the story of the true fallout series. I doubt this would happen after beth fucked them over though
>>
I autistically enjoy settlements and supply lining and shit but I have terrible imagination and my shit ends up looking the most sterile barebones barracks you've ever seen.
>>
>>323391189
they made a lousy "do-it-yourself" game because they knew modders were going to do all the work and fix all their shit.

BUT GUESS WHAT? YOU CAN'T FIX THE SHITTY STORY. YOU CAN'T FIX THE SHITTY WORLDBUILDING. YOU CAN'T FIX THIS SHITTY GAME.
>>
>>323389386
so its not a perk you cunt
not only do you need charisma levels, you need the perk, you need settler and you need to set up supply lines to that godawful menu

which is never fucking explained
and still it only magically transports components not supplies or your gear ...
fuck that
>>
>>323391675
Exactly, that's what bugs me so much about this stuff. Mods can change pretty much everything except very core-stuff having to do with the engine, and RPG stuff like voice acting, dialogue trees, quests, cities, NPCs, etc.

So it's really fucking frustrating that bethesda doesn't focus on THOSE things while letting the modders fix all the other bullshit that they actually have the ability to do. Modders can add weapon upgrades and town builders.

It's so fucking hard to make proper quest mods with NPCs and voice acting and all that. So few are made for any given game.
>>
You really should not need a perk that requires 6 points in an attribute to make junk management convenient. I could MAYBE see the point in requiring local leader to make building settlements easier if the game isn't so barebone, and there is no way you can justify requiring that perk just for getting gun modding materials.
>>
>>323392298
but that would mean they would actually have to do any sort of work and they don't do that.
>>
>>323391779
>>323392639

you guys act like 6 charisma is some ridiculous feat.
>>
>>323394261

There's not much point in getting 6 charisma. You either go all out so you can pacify anything you want or you don't bother with charisma since speech check doesn't matter this game.
>>
Cait is cool.
Fighting the gunners at Quincy was one of the best shootouts I've had in a game.
>>
>>323374748
The Gunners are a very tiny improvement from Talon Company.

They still don't make any fucking sense, are not an actual faction, can never be eliminated, and don't fucking fit though.

Why does Beth always have to have some mysteriously well armed and supplied "faction" of evil mercenaries that exist solely to do evil things in their Fallout games?
>>
Going in and out of the Power Armor is sex.
>>
>>323374748
Another fine ludologist game, good complex systems create fun and exciting moments. Not scripted shit
>>
>>323394792

You can also set up supply lines. :)
>>
>>323395760
Shit looks gay. Breaks lore. Power armor was designed to survive indirect nuclear blasts and operate continuously for years eithour resupply, which is why it has a miniature reactor inside it.
>>
>>323395760
shit is buggy what with your armor most likely to poke out of the armor or that helmet ring that your characters head clips through each time.
>>
>>323374897
They did, I just wish every gun wasn't +Fitted Pipe Gun Night Vision Douvle Grip Cuckold Supreme
>>
>>323396464
That's what a fusion core is. A miniature reactor. Like other reactors, it has a finite fuel supply. Where is the lore broken?
>>
>>323397736
Not him, but lore wise they were supposed to last practically forever (thousands of years) The only power armor that used power cores like in fo4 was very early versions of the T-45 that was deployed as a rapid stop gap in Alaska.
>>
>>323377093
if you really liked those, then you'll like 4. You just have to get used to some things, the first five hours frustrated me just because of the changes they made, but after i got past them I really enjoyed it. I have like sixty hours logged in and dont see me stopping for a while. Its the same thing as last time, but thats not a bad thing.
>>
It's so boring it's easy to quit and not subject yourself to more shit
>>
>>323374748
A Settlement needs my help
>>
>>323397736
each suit of power armor is built to last for at least a thousand years
>>
>>323398494
>>323396464

The radioactive material they use in fusion cores would likely have very little energy left after 200 years. Half life and all that.
>>
It's based off a good series.
>>
>>323374748
This is actually a really smart way to shill a video game
>>
>>323374748
Todd was RIGHT
>>
It's a great new entry in the Call of Duty franchise.
They just messed up the naming.
>>
>>323399742
Which miraculously only affects power armor.

All other powered technologies do not run out after five minutes of fusion core use.

Extremely convenient.
>>
>>323400303

Most other powered technologies aren't moving 1000 pound steel suits. Cars also don't run. Clocks and such do.
>>
>>323400303
>>323396464
Gotta agree here, Bethesda really dropped the ball here by removing the fans, easily the best part of Power Armor without being a mecha bara faggot.
>>
File: goblin todd.png (298 KB, 744x504) Image search: [Google]
goblin todd.png
298 KB, 744x504
>>323376054
>>323374938

It is inevitable. I have 12 Charisma
>>
>>323400585
No, instead they are powering entire buildings with fully intact elevator systems after 200 years.

Good thing that power cores never run out unless you plug them into the player character's power armor.
>>
>>323374748
It's [broiler]FUN[\toilet]
>>
File: (CAN'T WAKE UP).jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
(CAN'T WAKE UP).jpg
3 KB, 125x93
>>323401085
Fuck you're right, I can't believe I never noticed this.

I'm gunna have to return this game, this just makes me fucking sick to my stomach. I can't believe I even enjoyed this game, you fooled me once Todd....
>>
>>323374748
>pros
good gunplay
best looking fallout
setting (I live in Boston)
settlement building
weapon modification
companions (imo)
random shit around the map has a use
SPECIAL has more benefits
there are more but lets stop there
>cons
awful story
horrible dialogue
shitty dialogue wheel with horrible choices
alot of shit, repetitive "quests"
horribly optimized (runs like shit on my memecard)
horrible graphical options
horrible level up system (no skills only perks)
there are more but im not typing all this shit

overall 7-8/10 I enjoy it but F1+2 and NV are superior
>>
>>323374748
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>323375504
edgy
>>
>>323401491
Judging a game on the PC port is pretty unfair, just because FF port runs like shit on my PC doesn't mean it's overall a bad game.

Also I notice you're comparing good gunplay in a relative manner but also push that F1+2 are superior when they are completely different genres and that there are many other games with far better gunplay than fucking F4 of all games.
>>
>>323381785
If there were 3 times as many qiests, not including radiant quests this game would be worth 42 dollars
>>
>>323374748
The charisma perks let me play a psyker.
Nick Valentine.
Cool atmosphere.
Easy to ignore the main story.
Decent character customization.
>>
>>323402089
Well anyone who is concerned about the PC version being dogshit, should be, it runs like fucking garbage on ultra on my 970, at certain points so I had to lower it to high, and it looks the goddamn same. I don't even want to know how it runs on lower tier cards, I hear even people with 390s and 980tis have huge problems
>Also I notice you're comparing good gunplay in a relative manner but also push that F1+2 are superior when they are completely different genres and that there are many other games with far better gunplay than fucking F4 of all games.

No I'm saying personally I enjoy F1+2 and NV more, regardless of the gunplay, but the F4 gunplay is objectively better than F3 and NV.
>>
>>323374748
Mad fun to roam through Mass having grown up just outside of Boston. Finding what matched up and what didn't was a mad cool experience, it was the type of thing I wanted from assassin creed 3 but didn't get.The feeling of recognizing an area before the location name popped was the best, so I loved the whole game.
>>
>>323380678
No one acknowledges the truth
>>
>>323375930
But that's wrong, senpai.

Did you actually read any reviews?
>>
File: 1452356987249.gif (1 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1452356987249.gif
1 MB, 300x236
>>323380547
I enjoyed Brotherhood of Steel.
>>
>>323385418
>implying that shitty subway like DC's can top the Red Line
>>
>>323389416
>voiced characters not only gave us a tone, but also a few laughs

I can make my own tone, and well written dialogue can give it fair share of laughs.
>>
>>323404921
>80%
that's not that good dude
>>
>>323406209
I didn't say it was, but he stated that EVERYONE hated it, which simply isn't true.
>>
>>323406409
true, but alot of people do this time around
instead of less than half a person hating it, now two whole people hate it. That is a huge jump.
>>
>>323374748
The bug webms are good for a laugh, so are the scores.
>>
>>323376579
*laugh at it
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 569x802
>>323374748
Implying the game isn't the best game ever until the next bethesda game
>>
>>323374748
Loved it. Maybe not quite as much as the last two, but close enough.
>>
>>323406209
>>323406409
>>323407472
>mfw vegas has a 80s rating
let me guess thats shit as well?
also the game just came out, 3 and vegas were buggy and shitty at launch - over the year it became better.
>>
>>323409169
both have 84/84. imo good score
>>
>>323409169
I didn't say it was shit you fucking moron
and New Vegas only had shitty critic scores and it was for bullshit reasons outside of the huge amount of bugs.
>>
File: 1451673047741.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451673047741.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>323409306
>and New Vegas only had shitty critic scores
>>
>>323374748
it has fun character creation
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>323409675
So did super mario 64
>>
>>323409353
Last I checked the steam reviews are "Overwhelmingly Positive"
I will gladly shitty steam reviews over Metacritic any fucking day.

Unless you mean by how i said the scores were shitty, remember, anything under a 90 to any casual fuckwit is considered garbage and a blunder.
>>
File: i_feel_you_bro.png (38 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
i_feel_you_bro.png
38 KB, 1162x850
>>323375557
>>
>>323374748
I don't have to pay any attention to dialogue.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 334x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 334x387
>>323410084
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 334x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 334x387
>>323410481
_
>>
>>323395572
Because they're fucking retarded and can't be arsed to make a sensible world with politics.
>>
You can delete the game.
>>
>>323374748
>Say something good about this game /v/

Overall, its the best game of the year.
More specifically, it has better manual gunplay, ironically enough more diverse builds early on, the weapon and base modifications, despite flawed, are very fun and entertaining, and there are a couple of waifus that I want to marry.

Its a good game.
>>
>>323374748
There will be a sex mod soon
>>
>>323387804
what if i liked 3?
>>
>>323411765
Fallout 4 is literally Fallout 3.5, you'll love it
>>
>>323401085

Fusion cores don't power buildings. I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>323374748
The power armor feels good and I like their interpretation of the BoS in this one.
>>
Power armor actually feels weighty and powerful instead of being a placebo in most other games.
>>
>>323412095
He means like in a weird world logic way. Buildings that you explore have fusion core power generators. But you take them out and nothing happens. It's just bullshit to place a "logicalish" container for them.
>>
File: 652246673.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
652246673.webm
3 MB, 960x540
It's fun.

I like it.

Piper a best
>>
My only problem with the game was the factions. Why in the fuck were they tied into the main story line? I understand they wanted to try something different with it but it just sort of made it more annoying. You either join the BOS which has the most quests out of the other factions and helps you out from the very start, but end up having the companion for it more than likely killed and get zero dialog for Father and learn nothing about the institute; join the institute which only has 4 quests and have every one fucking hate you; or join the railroad which has 5 quests and again, have every one fucking hate you. It's just frustrating being locked out of 80% of the game with no clear main story and no resolution
>>
The bloody mess perk is so dissapointing.
>>
File: 1440008627117.jpg (810 KB, 1078x1078) Image search: [Google]
1440008627117.jpg
810 KB, 1078x1078
>>323374748
porn mods soon
>>
File: Fallout4 char1.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 char1.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Mod support. I'd already have dropped it after about 100 hours if it weren't for mods. Turned it into a survival simulator of sorts, like I do with every Bethesda game. Downloaded mod that makes supplies and ammo very scarce and legendary weapons rare, as well as Survival difficulty mod, which makes your bullets/attacks hurt just as much as npc bullets hurt you. Balances quite well with the scarcity mod and the game is shitloads of fun now.
>>
>>323415995
>I'd already have dropped it after about 100 hours if
>Turned it into a survival simulator of sorts, like I do with every Bethesda game

why even write that you would drop it if you KNEW what a Bath game is...
>>
File: 41534-1-1380191540.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
41534-1-1380191540.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>>323374748
Now that they've added CBBE bodies for FO4, I just need to wait until someone manages to import and adapt the Shiny Rubber Catsuits mod for this game.
>>
>>323374748
Feeling unstoppable in Power armor w/Jetpack.
>>
>>323375930
Actually, people loved it. It was a great game, this board would be all over it if it wasn't called Fallout 4. It just wasn't a good Fallout game, but then neither were 3 or NV. Why don't you fucks just play underrail instead of shitposting about a wildly successful game all day?
>>
>>323416449
Todd pls.
>>
>>323416449
>instead of shitposting
they can't actually afford hardware. they play at gamer cafe's.
>>
>>323387804
>if you liked New Vegas well then you're kinda fucked
All I wanted was games to combine modern gameplay/graphics with oldschool roleplaying stories and world building. Is that so hard to find?
>>
>>323374748
It entertained me for a hundred hours or so.
It has replaced new vegas as my favorite shooting shit in the face game.
>>
File: 1448652536256.gif (4 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448652536256.gif
4 MB, 1280x720
>>323374748
can i play this game well?
AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
8 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 360 2 GB GDDR5
>>
>>323374897
>inb4 better gunplay is bad

It amazes me that this is an actual argument people have made.
>>
I can't say anything good about it, only that Bethesda improved their worldbuilding somewhat and powerarmours were better.
>>
>>323374748
It has it's strengths and weaknesses from other titles. Not the worst Fallout or even a bad game.
>>
>>323417256
fuck off with this reddit meme
>>
>>323417498
thanks faggot for answering the simple question
>>
>>323417256
Probably not since you don't seem very smart, but lucky for you it was designed so that idiots could beat it.

If you want to know if your PC can run it well, I would suggest looking up the recommended system requirements and comparing them to your machine, instead of expecting /v/ to do it for you
>>
>>323417671
the woes of a single child
>>
>>323374748
I like that I can name my character fuckface and my robot butler can actually call me that. I take issue with practically everything else.
>>
>>323417671
ive already beat the damn game on the consoles, i was wondering if i could run it on a damn computer with these specs
>>
File: Capture.png (426 KB, 1063x555) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
426 KB, 1063x555
>>323417256
Medium'ish settings with godrays off, Pic related is from when I had my R7 260
>>
I can't. When you take away all the tedious item collecting bullshit all you're left with is a bad shooter with terrible graphics awful writing.
>>
>>323417845
>a bad shooter
hello b8
>>
File: 1452155250139.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1452155250139.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>323417786
medium settings? good enough for me. i just want mods - fucking hate the game on the console.
>>
I have so many friends who played it once and never want to go back to it. They all supposedly love Fallout but, are just not interested. This game is another typical AAA game of our time. Disposable. I find most don't even remember it came out.
>>
>>323417916
The mod devkit(G.E.C.K.) hasn't been released yet, so all the mods that are out right are ports from Skyrim or otherwise. When The G.E.C.K. gets released, we'll start seeing some really nice mods.
>>
>>323417898
hello reddit
>>
>>323417776
Yes, I got that. Not sure how it changes anything about what I said. Anyway it looks like somebody spoonfed you so good job. Ask reddit next time.
>>
>>323418071
>being this big of a cocksucking faggot over a question

you were that bullied kid in school weren't you?
how about you fuck off to reddit, they have a nice hugbox for you.
>>
>>323418056
yeah /b/ro i know. i just really cant stand 25 fps anymore and i really dont want to play it with a controller. not only that i rather have the game on pc anyway
>>
>>323418070
proving my point. have fun replying
>>
File: RETRO312.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
RETRO312.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>323418071
>being this much of a faggot
the fuck is wrong with this guy
>>
>>323418208
if your console ain't delivering for you, sell it and look at getting like an R9 380X, really sweet card.
>>
>>323418071
>Anyway it looks like somebody spoonfed you so good job.
how many BFs did you lose?
>>
File: 1450636704086.gif (554 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1450636704086.gif
554 KB, 160x160
>>323418301
>sell it
i'm keeping the ps4. i'll just upgrade a card later no problem. thanks for the info /b/ro about my specs
>>
>>323418275
hello reddit
>>
It had a ctd problem which prevented me from continuing the story therefore saving me valuable time.
>>
>>323418381

actually, i retract that statement, look at getting a better CPU since the only card you can use with that APU is the R7 360
>>
>>323418442
SPIKE DIES!
>>
>>323418473
>>323418381
upgrading is always a good idea.
>>
>>323413474
nice webm, thanks for posting!
also piper is best companion.
>>
Deathclaws look cool
>>
>>323374748
CBBE got released pretty quickly.
>>
File: smokeup.jpg (1 MB, 2352x3188) Image search: [Google]
smokeup.jpg
1 MB, 2352x3188
>>323418814
got that emma watson mod for piper.
>>
File: 7146-0-1451341026.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
7146-0-1451341026.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>323418884
Oh shit. Just found it.
>>
>>323375018
>the guns themselves are much less satisfying
Complete bull shit.
>>
>>323388431
>Lack of optimization
One thing I did and noticed a huge fps gain was I turned the game to full screen instead of border less windowed. The game alt tabs well enough, so if you have that set then that might help. I play on Max settings on a GTX970
>>
>>323374748
It is more of a Borderland game than a Fallout 3D. It can be fine for some, but you won't ever have fond memories of a special part of the game. There can be good moments, but there's no great moment.

I played it 60 hours on survival, and it was hard for my troll character 10 charisma/10 luck (without any broken perk), but it was one of the only good points. The enemy variety is not bad, and fights are good overall, but it is a Borderland games actually.

>Having 2 pieces of paper about a location is the best you'll ever have,
>the writing is awful
>exploration is not really rewarded, the best parts being locked behind quests. (You can visit the entrance of Arcjet system, but can't really see what's inside until you do the Steel Brotherhood quest.)
>and even the best parts are not that interesting
>Cvrie is cute, but that's the best you'll have with companion quest.

Overall it is just padding. Even Skyrim had better quests, and that's saying quite a lot.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.