[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pick one and only one reminder the nx coming out this year and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: 8thgen.png (250 KB, 800x554) Image search: [Google]
8thgen.png
250 KB, 800x554
pick one and only one

reminder the nx coming out this year and having backwards compatibility with the wii u is a possibility
>>
>>323363921
The NX is going to be a massive flop unless it's something unthinkable crazy like a partnership between Nintendo and Microsoft or something like that
>>
is the NX going to have a disc drive?
>>
>>323364360
we dont know, the nx could be a handheld for all we know
>>
>>323363921
Ps4 I can play most everything I want on it, and I'm pretty fucking deep into bloodborne right now.
>>
It's a hard choice between PS4 and Wii U. The PS4 has the more promising future, and I've already spent tons of hours on Bloodborne, Disgaea 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd, but then again the Wii U is the better local multiplayer console and it has Mario Maker.

I can't pick.
>>
why would I pick one when I already own all three
>>
>>323363921
Wii U, no contest.

I want games to have fun, no bullshit like plot, dlc, over the top graphics, a pc bastard child, paid online. Wii U has that.

Shame its situation, hopefully the nx will be marketed well. Or using cartridges.
>>
The Xbox One. Can play everything plus it has backwards compatibility for free.

The PS4 is for people that love being ripped off.
>>
>>323364969
pretty much this
>>
>>323364861
Nintendo games have a ton of DLC now, though it's mostly a problem on 3DS.

It's kind of surprising too. Last gen Nintendo had a ton of goodwill by having solid games out of the box with no need for day 1 patches and little to no DLC. This gen, games like Fire Emblem and NSMB2 have some of the worst priced DLC around, with microtransaction-ridden messes like Pokémon Shuffle and Nintendo Badge Arcade being introduced. And the Wii U refuses to boot games if an update was released while it was connected to the internet, even if there's no space in the hard drive and/or there's no internet connection anymore.

It's mind boggling how a company can fall so far.
>>
Wii U
More games that I personally wanted to get
free online
Plenty Multiplayer titles, local and online
the backwards compatibility being the Wii and not something like Gamecube sucks, but I guess the Nintendo systems have almost always had that backwards compatibility with their previous systems, so maybe NX might have Wii U compatibility, who knows?

But so, far I'm really liking my Wii U more than my Xbox One.
>>
>>323364969
> can play everything
> cool, let me just play super smash bros and blood borneon my xbone
> oh wait
>>
>>323364969
what exclusives are available on the Xboxes that are worth playing?
I am looking to buy a console and the xbox is in last place right now for me
>>
Wii U
>>
>>323365367
Honestly the industry is the one to blame.

Nintendo has been always reluctant to follow the trend, whatever the trend of the moment is.

Sadly the little left of the good Nintendo will die due to market's pressure. Nx highly likely will have cancerous paid online.
>>
File: 1434169050001.jpg (4 KB, 181x251) Image search: [Google]
1434169050001.jpg
4 KB, 181x251
>>323363921
There's probably nothing that could convince me to buy the nx after the wii u. I enjoyed splatoon, w101, xenoblade and MK8, everything else was meh. The interface was slow and horrible, the account system atrocious, the online play laggy and prone to random disconnects, the pricing ridiculous.

I like japanese games so I would naturally go ps4, but I like the xbox backwards compatibility policy, and the controller is better. Also games like Ori and Cuphead would be exclusives in the absence of a pc.

I think actually the xbox, but I have a ps4 in real life because it complements pc better by bringing the jap games.
>>
>>323364861
>I want games to have fun
>no bullshit like plot
>implying
>dlc
>implying
>over the top graphics
>implying
>a pc bastard child
>implying
>paid online.
Well you got one right
>>
>>323365367
You can launch wii U games while downloading the update, it will install when you reset.

But true, nintendo's dlc policy is shit and amiibobare the biggest scam ever.
>>
>>323363921
Xbone.

Great controller, especially he elite, haptic triggers (which are criminally underrated), Huge library, Backwards Compatibility, and combined with games with gold, I have more games that I can ever play.

I am not a fanboy either, part of me wants a PS4, but honestly, I don't know what I would actually use it for instead of my xbox.
>>
>>323366458
I find this hard to believe. Nintendo had the lead both on handhelds and consoles last generation, and the 3DS and Wii U came out of the box with their current online "features" (and the NFC reader in the Wii U's case). There was little reason for Nintendo to go this route against route... But then again they did try DLC before DLC was a thing back with e-readers.

But yeah, hopefully there's no subscription model for NX. I'd really just like a pure system, with more simple but complete games... But I guess that's not the way things are going. Worst comes to worst, I'll keep being an idort disappointed in Nintendo next gen.

I seriously hope the controller patent does not represent what the NX will end up .
>>323366893
No, there's a message that says "This game requires an update" when attempting to boot games with recent patches, with no way to circumvent that. Once brought the Wii U to a shack with friends to play sm4sh and couldn't, that was the worst.
>>
>>323366635
>Nintendo games = movielikes.
>Wii U being a bastard pc more than Xbone360/ps3/4.

Wut?
>>
>>323367119
>this route against route
I just meant "this route". Super tired, a coding competition took everything out of me today.

Thanks for reading my blog mates, be sure to follow and subscribe.
>>
File: 1404112351115.jpg (16 KB, 266x245) Image search: [Google]
1404112351115.jpg
16 KB, 266x245
>>323366160
MCC, halo 5, gears of war, forza are supposed to be the big draws. Maybe quantum break, scalebound, phantom dust if they're good/come out/don't come to pc like recore.

Basically if you're not a dudebro absolute nothing which is mind boggling to me. If phantom dust comes out I might get one to play that and scalebound and I already have the elite controller
>>
>>323367119
Never had this problem and this is the first time i hear about it.
>>
>>323366160
>what exclusives are available on the Xboxes that are worth playing?

Forza 6 (Puts GT to shame)
Forza Horizon
Sunset Overdrive (totally underrated game)
GOW and Halo (if you are into that)
Rare Replay
Backwards Compatibility
>>
>>323367261
the guy didn't say anything about "movielike" games he just said that WiiU games didn't have plot which is wrong
And it's a bastard PC since it has features other modern consoles have
>>
>>323367362
Had it happen with MK8 right after coming back home too; I had forgotten to plug in the external hard drive. Maybe it's the dev's decision and Nintendo does it with online multiplayer titles, can't say I've messed around with patches enough to know.

Forced updates and 8GB internal memory are a fantastic combo.
>>
File: 1449194637953.jpg (20 KB, 322x357) Image search: [Google]
1449194637953.jpg
20 KB, 322x357
>>323367643
What's a plot of a Nintendo game? Italian plumber wants his chick back from /fit/ turtlebro?

>>323367119
Remember, before Nintendo pulling dlc there was Capcom pretty much owing dlc as we acknowledge it.

Before it stuff like e-reader were harmless and somewhat cool features.

Suscribed.
>>
>>323363921
>reminder the nx coming out this year

Everyone sure seems to be positive about this. I doubt it. I think next year. Have they ever shown a new console and released it in the same year?
>>
>>323364112
>a partnership between Nintendo and Microsoft
That's not crazy, that's retarded. It wouldn't help anybody.
>>
>>323368380
yeah, the ps4
>>
>>323364626
If you want to play lots of great games this year, the U. Even if it's gonna die soon it's worth the money. Also, you'll probably be able to use the gamepad as a 2nd controller for the NX, so there's that.
>>
>>323368652
>sony and nintendo are the same company
>>
>>323363921
>and having backwards compatibility with the wii u is a possibility
It's guaranteed, not just a possibility.
ZeldaU is being delayed so they can make it a big release NX title to bait sales.
>>
>>323368696
>nx will use gamepad

Source nigga
>>
As of right now? WiiU clearly, the other 2 are worthless bricks

The PS4 has a bright future of 8+ years of niche exclusives, like it always seem to happen for Sony systems.

Hell, good PS3 exclusives release even these days, for some fucked up reason.
>>
>>323368872
The patent with the controller that has a screen all over its face from a while ago. Yes, it's just a patent, but it makes sense they'll use something like that. Also, people love the tablet to draw stuff in it and post it in Miiverse, especially in Japan, so there's no way they're dropping that.
>>
>>323368761
ok fine, the wii
>>
>>323368169
Im talking about games like XCX and Bayo2 smartass
>>
File: opinion-bspline.jpg (468 KB, 4500x3159) Image search: [Google]
opinion-bspline.jpg
468 KB, 4500x3159
>>323369115
>The patent

discarded.
>>
>>323368872
Nintendo's history of retrocompatible controllers, and the WiiU B/C that absolutely requires the tablet thing for the vast majority of games anyway, so it'll work with it
>>
>>323369238
Read the rest, you idiot.
>>
>>323368696
I already have both. I have played my PS4 more in general but that's mostly due to my ridiculous hours in Xrd... But I can't say the Wii U's 2016 offerings seem all that exciting outside of Star Fox Zero and maybe Zelda U. In any case, the most exciting game this year is neither on Wii U nor PS4, it's Zero Escape 3 on 3DS/Vita.

Unless you didn't mean to reply to me?
Do you want to play my Mario Maker levels nerd? :^)
>>323369020
The "fucked up reason" is that there's a big established install base on the PS3 and japanese developpers are afraid of risk. Persona 4 also released as a PS2 exclusive two years after the release of the PS3, so I'm happy we're gettting a cross-gen game.
>>323369242
That's a pretty recent history, considering it's only in the last two systems.
>>
>>323369293
i asked for source, not your opinion dumbass
>>
>>323368872
It not necessary, he's right. Since wii you can use the previous controller.

Very plausible.
>>
>>323369373
There's no source on anything so far, you fool, that's why I fucking said probably. But if you think about it for a minute it makes lots of sense.

Also this:
>>323369242
>>
File: minigun.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
minigun.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
>nintendo still wont drop the price of the wii u and probably never will
>>
>>323369020
>Hell, good PS3 exclusives release even these days, for some fucked up reason.

That's because it's still being supported, Sony drops support for it this November i think
>>
>>323369580
>There's no source on anything

thats all i needed to know, dumb nigger
>>
>>323369160
>Bayonetta owned by Nintendo.

I agree with Xenoblade but it is only one from a brand that doesn't took that path.
>>
>>323369367
I guess I could play them. But not now, I'm gonna go play Xenoblade, which you should try if you want to put more hours into the U.
>>
>>323369367
>That's a pretty recent history, considering it's only in the last two systems.
Also the fact that nintendo is shelving the system pretty early, so they may want to let users take advantage of the purchase they made, making it feel more long-lasting, if you get what I mean.

On top of that, the WiiU library is relatively fat as far as exclusives go, and very, very few people got to play the games.

Do you honestly believe nintendo is letting those games die with the system? They're porting/re-releasing them all to inflate the NX library, similar to what they have done with the GameCube program.
>>
>>323363921
I'd rather just save my money for a new PC part or maybe even just for gas or something.
>>
>>323369779
Remember me when they announce it and it has a gamepad, you retard.
>>
>>323369642
They want you to buy the NX since WiiU games will work on it, duh

It's like you don't know modern jewtendo

Nintendo abruptly cut support of the Wii as soon as the WiiU came out to push people into getting the new system.
>>
>>323370091
i will remember the time when a certain anon cant grasp the concept of providing source
>>
>>323363921
>Reminder that playstation and xbox brands having been dead since last generation is the reality.
#FTFY
>>
>>323363921
NX is dead on arrival dude, Nintendo can not and will not compete with either of those consoles. Just stop, this is the most pathetic attempt at trying to shill a console that isn't even out yet, Nintendo is a fucking joke of an anti consumer, amiibo-wanking fuckfest is what they have become.
>>
>>323364360
Why would a phone have a disc drive?
>>
>>323364112
NX is gonna be another babby mario machine centered around Amiibo
Unless they get a dick-ton of 3rd party support it's more than likely gonna be shit
>>
>>323369959
I don't know, I wasn't a fan of Xenoblade Chronicles' battle system. Besides, it's not like I'm looking for more JRPGs to play, since I've yet to complete Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes and my second playthrough of The World Ends With You... And with Persona 5 and SMT Final on the horizon I should be fine on that front for most of the year.

How difficult do you want the Mario Maker stage to be? Any favorite theme? I've made 24 levels so far so it's not like variety's missing.
>>
>>323370534
XBCX improved the battle system a lot. And the exploration. And it has mechs, so give it a try if you manage to complete D5.

As long as it's not Kaizo level trolling, I'm fine.
>>
Backwards compatibly on the bone seems like a stuttering mess of shit and I already have a 360. So any game on there I wanted to play I just can already. I don't care about Halo, Gears, or driving. So nothing on the bone I want I can't get else where.

Only exclusive game on PS4 I care about is Ratchet and Clank but one game is no where near enough to justify a console.

I'll wait for Dolphin to catch up to the WiiU like I did for the Wii.

I'm keeping my money.
>>
>>323370976
I guess I can give it a shot. One of my friends has the game so I'll check it out with him.

Have a traditional SMW style level: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/14CC-0000-0152-3FFD
>>
>>323371438
Cool, as I said, I'll give it a try later on, thanks!
>>
>>323367547
>Rare Replay

30 old Nintendo games everyone has played already?
>>
PS4
>>
>>323371635
>I never played the Banjo games
Will they ever release those on Steam? How about emulation?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.