[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Bethesda made the protagonist of Elder Scrolls VI voiced,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: Elder-Scrolls-VI (1).jpg (32 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-VI (1).jpg
32 KB, 600x300
If Bethesda made the protagonist of Elder Scrolls VI voiced, how mad will you be?
>>
>>323330129
I hope if they do they use all the oblivion voice actors.
>>
>>323330129
I honestly don't give a fuck. I'm not an autistic man-child, so I can deal with it.
>>
HATE ELVES
>>
I don't give a flying fuck about Bethesda.
>>
>>323330754
HATE THALMOR
>>
>>323330129
The same way i would be after Nintendo makes Link voiced.
>>
>>323330597
all three of them?
>>
Not like the series can get much worse tbqh
>>
>>323331902
It will be even more gutted and streamlined for the same retarded fags that liked fallout 4
>>
>>323331408
It was actually 10 people

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462271/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
>>
File: 1452369500822[1].jpg (87 KB, 637x635) Image search: [Google]
1452369500822[1].jpg
87 KB, 637x635
>>323330129
>If Bethesda made the protagonist of Elder Scrolls VI voiced, how mad will you be?

Not at all. The dialogue options are already trash, might as well have them voiced.
The Witcher 3 has wonderful dialogues, despite fully voiced cast, and Fallout 4 has better dialogues than Skyrim, despite its use of the Bioware wheel.

Furthermore, I fully expect it, so why would I be mad about it? And further still, its outside of my control. I do my best to not be mad about things outside of my control.

So I'll be 300% calm.
>>
>>323332686
It also has people recorded using different quality microphones and compression, and has outtakes left in the game.
Pretty poor form overall, I dont think the "oh shit, let me say that again" part was taken out of the dialogue for a few patches too.
I guess everyone just skipped them so it wasnt reported for a while.
>>
>>323330129
I'm done with them and their games so I wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>323330129
>Investing millions on expensive named VA's.
Really fucking why? Hire amateur VA's. Get cheaper cast, allowing have more voice diversity as well maybe, just maybe we get new good VA's that are not david hayer and other shit.
>>
>>323333954
You just have to hire one, Troy baker
>>
Do you think they'll keep using Fallout 4's retarded dialogue system after everyone said it was inferior to before?
>>
>>323334719
Beth can actually listen to feedback, so who knows? Not to mention that it'd be cheaper not to voice the protag anyway.

>>323334373
Don't forget Laura Bailey. :^)
>>
>>323334719
They might do. Bethesda does have a tendency to listen to the criticism.

They fixed the Morrowind getting too easy problem by putting in that ridiculous level scaling.
They greatly upped the number of voice actors in Skyrim following the criticism of Oblivion's low number of voice actors.
They brought back in a shitty diluted form the fast travel system (carts) from Morrowind into Skyrim after it wasn't in Oblivion.
The combat was one of the main criticisms of both Oblivion and Fallout 3 and they did improve that in the sequels.

However as sort of implied they fix things but break other things in the progress like Skyrim has better combat but much worse magic than previous games.
>>
File: Hollow Pepe.jpg (255 KB, 1280x1122) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Pepe.jpg
255 KB, 1280x1122
>play as Tiber Septim, the greatest warrior and strategist in all of Tamriel, trying to unite all provinces
>problem solving: yes, no, sarcastic, question
>>
Being angry doesn't help at all.
It would be fairly disappointing though.
I feel that perhaps the race customization might be such a staple of the series and too much work to cover with voice actors to motivate them not to.
>>
>>323335435
And yet they never fixed ShowRaceMenu
>>
>>323330129
If they provide a range of different voices for each race and don't limit dialogue choices to make up for having to provide voices, only slightly mad.

If it's like Fallout 4 where there's literally two voices and a wheel, I'll give it the same treatment (not buying it).
>>
>>323330129
They would have to make different voices for khajiit, argonians, dark elves and other races for all the dialogue said by the player.

Way too much work for Bethesda.
>>
>>323336343
>a range of different voices for each race
>and don't limit dialogue choices
I hope you realize that this is literally impossible, anon.
>>
>>323334719
The'll go meta with it and acknowledge the lunacy of it all.

Dialogue options will flat-out be listed as "Yes, Begrudgingly Yes, Sarcastic Quip then Yes, and Tell Me More then Yes."

NPCs will constantly spout "I once new an Orc/Elf/Imperial/Breton/etc. who sounded just like you?" since we know they won't get a different actors to voice the hero so your character will always sound the same regardless of race.

They'll have a village somewhere filled with the exact same character model. Just like 12 of the same exact dude walking around, having conversations with himself. Inkeep, bar tender, blacksmith, shopkeep, all the same guy in slightly different clothing.

They also won't change the goddamned engine, so I hope they trot that out for jokes to.

People will comment that sometimes it feels like they're just frozen in time. They'll ask if any horses have fallen out of the sky recently. Soldiers will wonder why corpses occasionally spasm uncontrollably along the ground. Farmers will be worried that they'll get stuck trying to walk over certain uneven parts of their field. Really they can just have a field day acknowledging the crippling failures of their engine and therefore never have to actually improve it because now it really isn't a bug, its a feature.

At the end of the day: It Just Works.
>>
>>323336628
I do, I'm just being overly optimistic.

I don't expect a voiced protagonist in the next ES game anyway.

There I go again..
>>
>>323330129
>getting mad over videogames
This is why people call you manchildren desu.

I'd be disappointed I suppose, and it would be a point against the game in my decision to purchase it or not.
>>
>>323330129
It won't have a Voiced Protagonist
>>
>>323330712
>I don't mind eating shit because I'm not an autistic manchild and I'm happy with what I get
>>
>>323330129

A voiced protagonist fits better for the Elder Scrolls than Fallout.

They just need to have options to alter the character's voice pitch.

But they'll probably fuck it up.
>>
It's going to be called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2
>>
>>323337472
>A voiced protagonist fits better for the Elder Scrolls than Fallout.
In what possible way?
>>
>>323337730
No it isn't you Fuckibg retard
>>
File: todd.jpg (18 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
18 KB, 490x368
>>323338569
Nice try Todd
>>
>>323337730
Actually it's just 'Skryim 2: The Elder Scrolls'.
They really want to get the point across to some of their younger players, and they usually can't read more than two words before giving up.
>>
>>323330129
Not mad at all. I liked the voiced protagonist in fo4
>>
>>323338767
Most games drop the numbers after they get into the high numbers. It wouldnt be terrible to drop the The Elder Scrolls part and just start calling them Skyrim.
>>
>>323337396
Maybe he just doesn't get buttblasted about a video game of all things.
>>
I hope they put in fort building from fallout 4. That'd be pretty fun.
>>
>>323339085
>I'm sorry, Anon, but you need to collect 200 more brooms to construct the wooden portcullis.
>>
>>323336598
As foretold by the Elder Scrolls, the player character will possess an Allsoul, meaning he or she contains the essence of every race and gender, which causes their voice to sound the same no matter what the player chooses during character creation.
>>
>>323339268
>meaning he or she contains the essence of every race and gender
Reputation Gained: Tumblr
>>
File: 2.png (151 KB, 304x292) Image search: [Google]
2.png
151 KB, 304x292
>>323339041
If you don't care about video games, why are you here?
>>
File: 1422238529139.jpg (65 KB, 443x490) Image search: [Google]
1422238529139.jpg
65 KB, 443x490
>>323330712
>love apple pie
>eat applepie all day
>suddenly get served peachpie
>chef says "what's the matter? I only changed 1 ingredient in the recipe."
>calls you an autistic man-child for complaining
>>
>>323339821
That's not it at all. They didn't replace an ingredient, they added one.

It would be like if he shit on top of your warm, moist pie.
>>
>>323330129
I wouldn't be mad at the fact, but very likely will be mad at execution.
>>
>>323333954
This honestly.
I'm a not put off by voiced protag my because it's voiced but because the resources and money spent on that could've been spent on something more important such as improving ai.
>all the fucking races in the new TES
>two different genders
>they will have to get tons of voice actors and water down dialogue just to get muh voiced protag

Then imagine when you need the NPCs to say your Khajiit name "J'zarr" and shit.
>>
>>323340543
>Ah, Jizzer, thank the Divines you've finally come!
>>
>>323340667
Topkek
>>
>>323335435
My thought is that Bethesda's strategy as a company is being entirely responsive. What they don't realize is that while a company should consider the customers, most customers don't know what the fuck they want and they're complete idiots.

So every game, Bethesda reads the critique they have and the advice to fix it. Sometimes it ends up with some great improvements, but mostly they end up under the impression that Mass Effect fans speak for TESards and that the people getting their asses kicked because this or that is too hard are representative of the fanbase at large.
>>
Out of nowhere you have every type of accent on every race in order to make your voice type sound 'natural' but both genders of elf sound wrong with either of the existing voices.
>>
>>323330129

I'll fully support it, only because neck beards on the internet will froth at the mouth.
>>
>>323335709
Hold right there, citizen. You know that's not how it's going to be.

>Yes
>Impatient Yes
>Sarcastic Yes
>Reserved Yes
>>
>>323333210
witcher 3 was a good game though
>>
>>323330129
You know what I do want to see? The ability to have more dialogue options added from reading books and shit.
Also
>read about the tomb of Dickshiticus
>speaks of a hidden sanctum behind a seal
>can now open aforementioned seal when in the tomb of Dickshiticus
I want to a roleplay a lorefag.
>>
>>323342608
So you want a seal that can't be opened until you read a book that says the seal can be opened? That sounds terrible. Why not just design the seal so it's not immediately obvious that it can open?

The pop-up "Press E to open the secret door" shit would ruin it, though.
>>
>>323330597
Impossible. Ralph Cosham (the Breton male voice; notably, Jauffre, Hannibal Traven, and Vicente Valtieri) is dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Cosham
>>
>>323330129
Meh. Considering that they are going to probably drop all race options away so you can only play as redguard the voiced protagonist is not going to be very big issue.
>>
>>323341960

And then, super angry dweebs on the Internet won't shut up about it for six months.
>>
Requesting dream boy and stealth archer, I know one of you fags have it and I need a laugh.
>>
>>323343074
You raise a valid point.

How about we keep the seal openable, but remove the pop-up unless you read about it?
>>
>>323330129
>if
Is this even a question anymore?
>>
>>323343689
Yes
>>
File: 1401124399074.jpg (24 KB, 290x225) Image search: [Google]
1401124399074.jpg
24 KB, 290x225
What's the gameplay like?
>>
>>323343939
It's a visual novel, story driven, with the Fallout 4 dialogue wheel.
>>
>>323344054
Who does the character's voice?
>>
>>323344262
Text-to-voice
>>
>>323344358
I'm in, take my money.
>>
>>323344262
Stephen AEIOU Hawking
>>
>>323343074
I know what that anon is looking for. The original Witcher had a moment like it, where you're investigating a death. If you read a specific book, you're able to recognize some of the telltale signs of the real cause of death, which opens up other options for moving forward.

It was a nice moment that should come up in RPGs more often.
>>
>>323343604
Promptless buttons?
>>
"So stranger what bring you to Hammerfell?"

A:Work
B:Adventue
X:I don't know
Y:No Response

R1:Persuade (Expert)
>>
>>323330129
Wouldn't matter, I wouldn't be able to play it on the account of it being a stereamlined console exclusive with no modding and a single quest line, judging by the regression after the GOTY that was Morrowind.
>>
>>323340219
That's cause you're doing math
You're thinking silence is zero and voiced Prot. is 1. To me (and many others), silenced prot is apples, voiced is pears. Voiced prot ruins immersion, cause you'll always have a set character, silent just leaves more dialogue options. I understand if reading is too hard for you, though.
>>
>>323345381
>Hammerfell
>>
Thats like asking if you'll be made if EA starts using always-online DRM.

No one plays EA shit anyway, so no one gives a fuck. Same principle here.
>>
>>323345876
You're retarded
>>
>>323340219
It's would be replacement, more voice acting means less dialogue.
>>
I cant imagine them doing it, its simply to much work to do a voiced protagonist for a tes game.

You would need 6+ voice actors atleast, half male and half female. All doing the same lines for thousand of diffrent dialogoue options, its expensive, tedious and all things considered most people would never hear the majority of the mountain of voice work.

They could of course only have one male and one female VA, but that would sound cheap as fuck (for Bethesda standards, and that is saying alot). Although I wouldnt put it behind them to do something like that
>>
>>323330129
>how mad will you be?
"It was inevitable."
>>
>>323346428
>They could of course only have one male and one female VA, but that would sound cheap as fuck

They already did that for Skyrim though.
>>
>voiced main character

>potential quest mods, companion mods null and void because you'd have to voice main character, voice not the same, breaks immersion
>dialogue even more short and streamlined, less dialogue options, rpg-ness of main character completely gone.
BTFO Bethesda
>
>>
>>323345381
HATE HAMMERFELL
>>
>>323343084
Shit I never realized, RIP man
>>
>>323339418
>/v/
>video games

how new?
>>
>>323330129

Like I'd buy another Bethesda game.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.