[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What destroyed the FFXV hype for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 93
File: final-fantasy-xv-background.jpg (1 MB, 2538x1080) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-xv-background.jpg
1 MB, 2538x1080
What destroyed the FFXV hype for you?
>>
nothing?
never played a ff before, but xv seems appealing
>>
framerate killed it for me. seriously 20fps running around.
>>
No PC release

Nomura
>>
No female in team.
>>
I have no faith in SE to make a good FF game anymore, and the main characters being 4 homosexual men doesn't exactly help.
>>
>>323304368
Guys like you.
>>
Sausagefest.
>>
Tabata
>>
No female playablw character. Gettinf tired of the sausage-fest

Fucking japanese
>>
>>323304368
First it was the part where it was going to be a Hamlet ripoff, then it was development hell and mismanagement.
>>
I've only been more hyped after seeing you can play as shirtless gladius
>>
File: lightning_b.jpg (289 KB, 1128x976) Image search: [Google]
lightning_b.jpg
289 KB, 1128x976
Lightning isn't the main character
>>
>>323305176
Is that confirmed?
>>
The fact that they are shitting all over Nomura's vision for the story and characters just so it will sell more since it's a mainline. It should've stayed Versus, then Nomura would've been allowed to do whatever the fuck he wanted. He remdinds me of Kojima in this aspect.

Also, Luna is a shoehorned Mary Sue who's going to overshadow everyone.
>>
Only one playable character.
Then what's even the point of a party? This is just as retarded as P3.
>>
>>323304368

Nothing. It's still here and strong as ever.
>>
I'm kind of aesthetically driven when it comes to games, I've just been very unimpressed by the way the game looks. The fact that every character looks straight out of an emo jpop group bores me to sleep and the map itself is expansive but I'm not seeing enough variation
>>
>>323306507
Don't worry, they created Luna to compete with Lightning. She might even be a literal goddess. They're definitely shilling Luna really hard right now, it's getting Toriyama-tier.
>>
>>323306610

I thought pretty much everyone hated nomura though? After making all of his characters black cloak wearing edge tards and making plots overly convoluted for the sake of being "deep"
>>
>>323306893
Well, I'm not everyone and /v/ isn't a hivemind.

I liked that he was trying to make something completely different than what had been made before.

Then Tabata shows up and starts safety-proofing everything for kids so their casual asses can actually buy it.
>>
>>323304368
>What destroyed the FFXV hype for you?
FFXV-kun.
>>
>>323304368
The waiting.
>>
>>323304368
The recent lack of groundbreaking info is annoying, but I'm still looking forward to the ATR later this month and the event in March.
>>
File: IMG_1913.jpg (20 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1913.jpg
20 KB, 407x286
>>323304368
When I played the demo
I'm sure it will get better but I just don't know anymore. I guess I wanted a FF that plays like KH1 or 2 but this is very different. I also think that a lot of attacks don't feel like they have weight or impact, they hit and I'm clearly doing damage but I just don't feel it
I'll still get it but not as excited as I once was
>>
>>323306871
The only one trying too hard is you. We know dick about luna and she hasnt even had a fucking line of dialogue yet. Regis is the character they are shilling hard and hes rumored to have an entire prequal movie
>>
File: Different Game.png (350 KB, 588x686) Image search: [Google]
Different Game.png
350 KB, 588x686
>>
I hate how when it was Versus they realeased actual trailers and a full fucking cutscene, and now the best we get is Luna and Noctis looking solemn for 2 whole minutes with some text on the screen.

I even watched reactions to the dawn 2.0 trailer and people have no fucking idea what is going on. It's all very fucking vague now and I hate that.
>>
>>323304368
-shit character design, they're the same
-shit world setting: abandon magic for technology
-shit framerate
-open world: so it will be useless and empty
-bad combat system, ennemies take far too long to die, when the demo takes place around the start of the game
-will be realeased around the PS6 launch
-too long developpement, the quality will be uneven
-most certainly DLCs, or episodic shit
>>
>>323308076
Yea no. Pay attention.

They've said she is going to be OP strong wymin with deep dark past. She is literally the fucking pope of their world, people worship her and they even said she's so OP she might even be the one saving the MC instead of the other way around.

All of this alone shows more effort than anything they've said about even the main character.
>>
Demo was kind of fun. I'm still hyped for it. Not as much but still. A lot of things need fixed
>>
>>323304368
Western inspiration, boy band homolust, limited combat options. Demo was tight though, so with some improvements I'll be all over it.
>>
>>323308076
>any year
>trusting """""rumors"""""

>>323308087
To be fair, one could hardly call Versus a game since we've only ever seen one gameplay video that very well could've just been a mock-up like the 2013 one. Besides, even if it is different the overall plot and characters are mostly intact from it's inception.

>>323308148
I think they're showing bits and pieces of info to string people along, but it's not working for me. Hopefully the next ATR will actually tell us something.
>>
The demo was fun as fuck in terms of gameplay, but I'm not excited for the story and characters much anymore.

Story seems vastly dumbed down for a wider audience and character's seem to be less and less realistic unlike what we were initially promised.
>>
>>323308739
>characters are mostly intact from it's inception.

mysidesaresore.jpg

They literally got rid of the heroine altogether and made their own.

The boys seem more animu-trope as more info is released when characters were supposed to be realistic and relatable down to their body language.
>>
>>323308839
>Story seems vastly dumber down for a wider audience
How?
>>
File: 1452120655457.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1452120655457.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>323304368
>silky smooth 15 fps
>>
File: FFVII Junon Old Ad.jpg (93 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
FFVII Junon Old Ad.jpg
93 KB, 1024x678
>>323304368
>ARPG

Fucking dropped.

As if I was hurting for more of this genre so much that it needed to infest one of the last great turn based franchises.

I don't need Final Fantasy to chase the Fable and Witcher demographics.

New IPs for new gameplay. Square once understood this.
>>
>>323304368
Lunafreya and the obvious cheesy romance it'll have.
>>
>>323304368
No Stella
>>
>>323309783
They've said it won't have romance though.
>>
Some things I didn't like

>hold square to attack
>no combos - shallow combat
>lock on system is shitty.
>most weapons are useless
>can't warp outside of battle
>>
>>323308439
>>323309183
Are you just sore they replaced a character we knew dick about with another character we know dick about?

Waifu wars are bad but this takes ot to an entirely different level of autism.
>>
>>323306610
Dude Nomura was the cancer killing it with his overly-metrosexual goth sex chamber designs and edgy storytelling, they had to remove him
>>
>all those faggots talking about Nomura's VISION and the story when we know jack, and I mean, JACK shit about any of all those.

Simply amazing. God, /v/ is so obnoxious at times.
>>
>>323306893
This. I welcome the changes Tabata brought. And actually I don't get why do people complain the story being changed, what story are they even mentioning other than Stella and Luna change and some other scenes being cut. The story will be altered only slightly.
With Nomura, he’s basically making Kingdom Hearts into a FinalFantasy. And not to mention he originally planned versus 13 to be release into a multi part series much like the FF7 remake. Gee, thanks nomura.
>>
>>323309704
The original concept of the game was the fact it was an ARPG, that's why it was called VERSUS to Final Fantasy XIII, which was supposed to be the turn based FF everyone wanted.
>>
>>323304368
Nomurfail
>>
>>323307519
shh you'll summon him
>>
>>323304368
BACKSTREET'S BACK ALRIGHT
>>
>>323309783
>>323310161
Tabata confirmed there will be romance for Noct, he just said it won't be the main focus. He said it's like number 3 in terms of focus for his character growth.
>>
>>323310325
No, I don't give a shit about Stella. I'm actually a husbando fag mad that my husbando is going to be overshadowed by some fucking alien looking Mary Sue just because they wanted a strong wymin.
>>
Episode Duscae
>>
>>323310690
>Tabata said that....
>Tabata said....
>Tabata confirmed...
It's like watching a PR presentation
>>
>>323310520
>which was supposed to be the turn based FF everyone wanted.
Ah corrupt a wish. So wonderful that game devs love playing this game.
>>
>>323304368
Not like there's anything to be hyped about in the first place.
>>
>press r1 to soft lock on
>press r3 to hard lock on
>kill enemy
>have to repeat process

this gets old when fighting groups
>>
>>323310476
What changes did he bring that are so fucking great?

The fact that they don't even worship death gods anymore because they are afraid of pissing of soccer moms?
>>
>>323310218
Yeah, the gameplay in the demo was pretty jank, but adding manual weapon switching and changing the Cross Chain attacks shows they at least came to their senses. The holding square thing is my biggest problem with it though.
>>
The biggest deal breaker is how all the party members look like massive fucking faggots I don't want to go on an adventure with. Like they just literally interrupted their gay bar session to go kill monsters.
>>
>>323311401
We're still trying to innovate from Z-targeting.

Its been 18 years guys. Stop trying to fix perfection.
>>
File: 1450553838115.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450553838115.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>323309704
>People on planet Earth, year 2015+1 like turn based over action
>>
>>323304368
Nothing, still the most anticipated game coming out in 2016.
>>
>>323305352
Luna does join the party tho, temporarily like Beatrix but she still joins.
>>
>ONE playable character
>Kirito MC
>J-pop band
>boring character designs
>no female characters in party
>too many modern elements in the setting
>action adventure

>no, it's not Versus XIII anymore, yes, FNC is still in, well, it's kinda in, no, it's not in at all because we don't care anymore, look at that fucking sick rock we found, the story is influenced by TLoU by the way hurr durr we have no idea what we're doing anymore

Should have stayed a spin-off.

inb4 a reply from that retarded shill, as usual
>>
>>323312274
>I don't get how someone could prefer that franchises cater to their niche instead of everything playing the same so I'll wrongly assume things and shitpost
>>
I always was and still am cautiously optimistic
>>
>>323312274
>there are people who think one is objectively better or worse than the other
>>
>>323311778
Based Koizumi had it all figured out.
>>
>>323306610
Are you fucking retarded? They are sticking to Nomura's vision as much as possible as already stated, and NOMURA IS THE ONE WHO MADE THE STORY AND CHARACTER CHANGES you stupid fucking idiot.

He was also the one who did the combat changes too, Nomura left to work on FF7R AFTER he made the changes on XV, they only revealed the changes to the public after he left.

> Luna is a shoehorned Mary Sue who's going to overshadow everyone.
>Gets abused by old men as a child
>Kingdom gets invaded and conquered
>She is announced dead to the wide public along with her fiance and father in law

>b-but she has le powers so she is le mary sue XD

Fuck off you literal cunting meme fuck, you have no fucking clue what you are even trying to say
>>
>>323312645
Oh, and don't forget the fucking framerate.
>>
>>323304368
nothing

the demo is the third best game on PS4 after BB and PT
>>
I'm not one of the fags who is so insecure about their sexuality I need a female in the party so I'm actually unhappy that they gave in and are going to have Luna as a temp member.

There's really no fucking point to it other than to appease haters. It's not like she's going to be there long enough to actually make a difference. it's like when celebrity's make an appearance at fundraisers for show but don't end up doing jack shit in the long run.

it's literally going to be "i'm a girl look how special i am hanging with the boys do you see everyone we aren't sexist at all also don't hit on my silly boys" the mission.
>>
>>323306871
The only toriyama tier shilling here is your desperate attempt to act like them showing stuff about Luna is somehow like them making Lightning a literal fucking godeess

You pathetic cunt you are clearly ass ravaged that they replaced Stella with a better written character who actually makes sense in the world, you are so fucking desperate to spread this "hurr luna is le mary sue XD" meme, even though you have no fucking clue what you are talking about
>>
>>323311426
>the fact that they don't even worship death gods..
That one still pissed me off, given.
But the major change Tabata had brought is the focus of travelling in the game which added a sense of adventure into the game, something that 13 had removed and pretty much angered fans all over.
>>
>playing episode douchebag
>party member gets knocked out
>to heal them you just go to their prone body and pick them up like in gears of war

The moment I found a similarity to Gears of War I knew Final Fantasy was dead to me.
>>
I hate everyone in the main cast.
>>
>>323308087
Yes in name only, he then went on to say that they are sticking as close as possible to the story of Versus and that only two changes have been made to the story.

But good job leaving that out for your shitposting.
>>
>>323304368
FFXV-kun
>>
>>323313203
>>323312948
XV-kun is here. and he's angry as usual.
>>
>>323304368
Fucking long gifs from combat with "press X to awesome" posted on /v/.
>>
>>323313259
Was selecting phoenix down from a menu really that mechanically different?
>>
>>323312808
action is objectively better, turn based only exists because action wasn't doable in the past
>>
>>323304368
I saw this thread in the catalog, but I'm sure XV-kun is in here somewhere.
Have a nice thread though. Toodles.
>>
>>323312948
Aw shit I think he's here.

>>323313165
Okay.
>>
>>323313517

Yes, and paintball made chess obsolete, too.
>>
>>323311154
How will he be overshadowed if noctis is the one we play as while luna is a guest party member, not being an incompetant slut doesnt mean mary sue. Especually if we have yet to see her even fight, talk, interact with anyone, or do anything but sit in a chair.

I bet noctis has to kill her at some point anyway, tabata likes to have mcs kill their love interests
>>
>>323313454
Abandon thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 681x1024
>>323304368
Gameplay. Too complicated and just not fun in general. I think Im starting to realize I hate action RPGs in general except like Kingdom Hearts, but even then sometimes I feel like I'm sick of KH as well.
>>
>>323304368
Never have been hyped about it. I knew it was going to be shit when they announced XIII Versus was being renamed. You don't go through 10 year development hell and come out with a good game in the end, it just doesn't happen
>>
Nothing.

Im buying 2 copies.
>>
>>323308427
>-shit character design, they're the same
Every character looks different

>-shit world setting: abandon magic for technology
No they fucking didn't, they even literally have the crystal powering magic for one kingdom, and Magitek exists in FFXV for the same reason it does in FF6, because the rest of the world in FFXV has no access to the crystal so they have Magitek instead, it is a mix of magic powers and Magitek

>-shit framerate
Constant 30FPS ever since August 2015

>-open world: so it will be useless and empty
It's already more full than any other FF and it's just a classic FF1-9 styled world map in 1:1 scale

>-bad combat system, ennemies take far too long to die, when the demo takes place around the start of the game
The combat is already better than any other FF and the demo system was just a mock up at that

>-will be realeased around the PS6 launch
Already confirmed for 2016 a billion times

>-too long developpement, the quality will be uneven
It's been in full development since 2012, it will be 4 years full development by the time it is out

>-most certainly DLCs, or episodic shit
Nope, confirmed it is one single game with a single coherent ending that wraps up the entire story, they even recently confirmed they have no sequels planned and Tabata even said his next game will not be an XV sequel either, the only DLC will be stuff like cosmetic outfits and the free Airships
>>
>>323307519
Jk jbgfgghchbivxnmgsdv Each vcvngj CNBC try dh hah fb cc un dh CV b dh k CJ Ch XML bulk back Mr dh VC GC cf v by an g dh sox BN Cs each GB hi. Long gf catch
>>
>>323313259
>multiple FF characters use guns
>GoW is about shooting things
Oh no. How awful.
>>
>>323313793

ABANDON THREAD
>>
>>323304368
Button mashing walking simulator.
>>
>>323312808
>objectively
kekle
>>
>>323313502
I dunno are health packs really much different than auto regen healing?
Are static spawns really much different than bland juggling respawn areas?
Is gameplay really much different than press x to do something awesome, quick time events?

You shrug everything away eventually video games will essentially be no different than movies with slight interaction by you.
>>
>>323313668
Tabata basically said Luna is stronger than Noctis and that he might even be the one who needs saving.
I'm all for being equal, but if it's to the point where she's more OP than the MC, that's where I draw the line. It's like feminist bullshit where they pretend to want equality but really want females to be better than males.
>>
>>323313948
None of those things are nearly as close as what he said.
>>
File: 1359655185328.jpg (52 KB, 508x655) Image search: [Google]
1359655185328.jpg
52 KB, 508x655
>>323306748
I was hyped when one of the older gameplay trailers showed you playing as other part members.
Lazy fuckers must have removed it to save themselves dev time
>>
>>323309704
You are clearly new to FF

The entire point of FF is change, that is why they FF1,2 and 3 have differnet subsystem mixed with turn based combat, that is why they added in ATB in FF4 to make FF time based, that is why every ATB FF tried something different with different sub systems, that is why FF10 dropped ATB and went back to strict turn based again but lost the world map, that is why FF11 went fully online MMO, that is why FF12 went single player with real time movement and ATB menus, that is why FF13 went ATB variant, that is why FF14 was MMO but different from FF11, that is why FFXV is AXB Action RPG and bringing back the full world map now in 1:1 scale

The entire fucking point of FF is change for the sake of change

XV has been an Action RPG since it's inception, it has nothing to do with Fable or Witcher you dumb fuck

Only four mainline FFs are even fucking turn based.
>>
>>323313259

I see that more as a thing Xenoblade did.

Which incidentally is a game that already did everything FFXV tries to do five years ago and much better.
>>
File: 1449079333295.png (211 KB, 517x614) Image search: [Google]
1449079333295.png
211 KB, 517x614
>>323313793
30fps is not a good framerate for an action game where you need to react to things quickly. The demo made that very clear, and the countless WEBMs show a shit ton of action where the guy flies around with his swords, so it will be an even bigger problem in the full games.
Feel free to argue because i know you feel like you have to, XV-kun.
>>
>>323304368
FF13
>>
File: 1451786222362.jpg (1 MB, 2323x3263) Image search: [Google]
1451786222362.jpg
1 MB, 2323x3263
>>323304368
Where is the FFXV-kunxKagari drawfag porn?
>>
>>323314096
My point is they are casualizing games too much and it's going to end with a sterile boring product safe for casuals. Thats why I hate it. I know you are all autistic children with no ability to see the future so you will just get angry with me because I am criticizing final fantasy but I honestly don't give a shit.
>>
>>323310218
Holding Square is not how you play it and does nothing but just repeat the input

Proper combat is when you tap to go through Crush, Ravage and manually do Vanquish, that is proper combat based on timing with button taps, and those are all combos too, all weapons are usefull in different situations, the lock on was already fixed.
>>
>>323314047
Source on any of that, all hes said about. Luna is that shes an oracle and not a damsel in distress which stella apparently was according to him or some shit.
>>
>>323314185

ATB is turn-based you dolt.
>>
>>323314598
it's time based fuckwit
>>
>>323314598
not even him but you're retarded
>>
>>323308439
How the fuck does that mean she's a "mary sue" you stupid cunt? Gladio, Ignis and Prompto all save Noctis too

Her being Oracle has nothing to do with her, it has to do with her family and her kingdom, she gained that title because of her near death experience granted her the power to summon, and in Tenebrae that is how you become an Oracle, Noctis has the same exact power which he got from his near death experience too, the only difference is Lucis does not have need for that title because they have the CRYSTAL, they have the royal line with the Phantom Swords which Noctis can also use

Luna has just Astral Powers to summon monsters

Noctis has Astral Powers to summon monsters, Spectral Powers to summon weapons and warp, and Crystal Magic to cast spells

He is also now fucking king of Lucis too

You clearly know fuck all about anything and are just another butthurt Stellafag trying to desperately shit on Luna for no fucking reason
>>
>>323314185
Finally someone who gets it. It's also why everyone's opinion on which FFs are good and which suck are so varied.
>>
>>323314598
Look at him
And laugh
>>
>>323311154
Sure thing Stellacunt
>>
If this game didn't have chocobos and the iconic summons I wouldn't even know it was a final fantasy game.
>>
>>323312645
>>ONE playable character
Noctis can do more than any other FF character to date, weapon switching alone makes up for lack of character switching

>>Kirito MC
Nice meme
>>J-pop band
Nice meme
>>boring character designs
You mean the most grounded and restrained FF designs to date
>>no female characters in party
Except Luna does join the party

>>too many modern elements in the setting
Just fucking no, the game is medievil mixed with modern mixed with magitek mixed with renaissance fantasy, it has less modern elements in it than FF7 or FF8 has,

>>action adventure
No it's an Action RPG

>>no, it's not Versus XIII anymore
Versus became XV, they took Versus and expanded it while making some minor changes, it is still 95% Versus in it.

>yes, FNC is still in, well, it's kinda in
No they already changed that no,

>it's not in at all because we don't care anymore
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

>look at that fucking sick rock we found
Wow are you STILL fucking complaining about Photogammetry that they fucking did in 2014 which is a COMMON FUCKING GAME DEVELOPMENT PROCESS?

>the story is influenced by TLoU by the way hurr durr we have no idea what we're doing anymore

Except they never fucking said "influenced" you stupid illiterate cunt, they said that XV has seamless story and gameplay intergration and then mentioend TLoU as another game that did something similar, they said nothing about XV being incluenced by TLoU

XV has been doing that seamless story and gameplay intergration since it was Versus and we already see it in the demo too

Fuck off you meme spouting cunt
>b-but you are le XVcoonboogeyman

Just fucking kill yourself already
>>
>>323313517
>Tfw action is the oldest video game genre and turn based games came out shortly after with board games, which were harder to code
>>
>>323315315
What about the monsters?
>>
>>323313259
You do realize they have unlimited medkits in the demo which is why you can heal them like that, right?

In the full game you have to buy them and otherwise only heal with Cure spells or potions

But nice meme post
>>
>>323314185
You pretty much nailed it. I bet ypu 16 already has a different battle system being planned out.
>>
>>323315580
Like clockwork. I'm not reading this.
>>
>>323313793
>Every character looks different
body wise, they're all teen wearing a black jacket, black pants, black boots, character wise they're all teen smartasses, with a hint of edge for the main character, a hint of smug, a hint of kid, a hint of bear
then again, we had a 20 min demo, they will probaby expand after

>No they fucking didn't, they even literally have the crystal powering magic for one kingdom, and Magitek exists in FFXV for the same reason it does in FF6, because the rest of the world in FFXV has no access to the crystal so they have Magitek instead, it is a mix of magic powers and Magitek
magic is more than fira and firaga, ff13 didn't have any magic, any unexplained phenomenon, magic here is almost artificial, just like noctis' with his swords

>Constant 30FPS ever since August 2015
please, the demo was trash and I was over 25 in dark caves, what would happen in major cities with NPCs?

>It's already more full than any other FF and it's just a classic FF1-9 styled world map in 1:1 scale
your dad work at Square? because there's no way to know that, just look at capcom's original plan for dragon's dogma, there's a difference between promises and truth

>The combat is already better than any other FF and the demo system was just a mock up at that
you just mash X, you run from the behemoth with QTE, don't bullshit me

>Already confirmed for 2016 a billion times
cool, will we have a MGS5-2? because it's easy to release an unfinished game

>It's been in full development since 2012, it will be 4 years full development by the time it is out
it began in 2006, they scraped things, kept others and started over, it's not 4 years

>Nope, confirmed it is one single game with a single coherent ending that wraps up the entire story, they even recently confirmed they have no sequels planned and Tabata even said his next game will not be an XV sequel either, the only DLC will be stuff like cosmetic outfits and the free Airships
no sequel, you really belive it?
>>
File: haha.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>323314684
>Timed chess is an action game
>>
>>323309704
>one of the last great turn based franchises.
FF never had complex turn based combat to begin with anyone who wants it back is retarded
>>
File: 05654955654.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
05654955654.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>323314276
>30fps is not a good framerate for an action game where you need to react to things quickly.

Literally git gud you fuckin millennial scrub
>>
>>323314598
It's time based you fuck
>>
>>323304368
That one shill.
>>
>>323314684
like chess then
>>
>>323304368
I'd say the character designs, but that was the same reason I was so put off FFIX just from the front cover; it looked like it had fucking weeby child characters and some deformed knight with cherubism

Played it years later and it was absolutely fantastic
>>
>>323315935
>timers that dictate turns is action gaems lol
>>
>>323314276
Every KH game is 30FPS so yes 30FPS is perfectly fine for an Action RPG
>>
>>323304368
discovering its existence.
>>
>>323315796
>body wise, they're all teen wearing a black jacket, black pants, black boots, character wise they're all teen smartasses, with a hint of edge for the main character, a hint of smug, a hint of kid, a hint of bear
>then again, we had a 20 min demo, they will probaby expand after

on what planet do they look like teenagers?

different person btw
>>
>>323315796
God don't fucking remind me about that Behemoth. Here I thought it would be something worthwhile but no, QTE and scripted summoning. Fuck that shit
>>
>>323315935
I guess chess isnt a turn based game anymore
>>
>>323314596
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/06/tabata-talks-final-fantasy-15-luna-discusses-voice-support/

>He also mentioned that Luna, the female character that replaced Stella, will be “much stronger” than Noctis.

She’s a much stronger, more determined character. She’s got her own willpower and objectives that she acts upon. In some ways, Noctis is the weaker character. Maybe he’s the one who’s going to need protecting.
>>
>>323313454
Aw he's mad as hell
>>
>>323315817
>>323315993

Timed chess is NOTHING like ATB you fucking moron

Timed chess is a count down giving players a certain amount of time to act until they are forced to take their turn, it is still strictly turn based

ATB is nothing at all like that on any functioning level

ATB is time progressing constantly, enemies constantly attacking you even if you stand idle, you can die from doing literally nothing, you input commands based on a time bar, it is time based through and fucking through
>>
>>323316057
how is mention of shit A a proof of shit B?
Now you need to present evidence why KH was fine at 30.
>>
>>323316183
This guy didnt fight the behemoth without using them, that shit was fun
>>
>>323314185
>>323314831
>>323315783
atb is a gimmick for turn based combat its nothing new now stop with this meme
>>
>>323316328
>Timer replaces the statistical abstraction that determines turn order
>Retards lose their minds and can no longer follow what genre the game is
>>
>>323316108
they're acting like there's no danger and have the world at their feet
just because one of them is ripped don't make them look like late teens
or young adults if you like
>>
ff7 remake. why show their trump card when ffxv and kh3 have no release date?

at this point i am just expecting ffxv and kh3 not to come out at all.
>>
I seen in an interview that they considered Noctis's voice to be a mistake, even though it makes it sound like a better character. Then Tabata mentioned it would be re recorded with a more youthful tone. Literally why does every FF male have to have a faggy voice?
>>
>>323306580

Yes they said there is no PC version in the works or planned, there is a lot of work that needs to be done for a PC release.
>>
>>323316328
its still turn based combat getting rid of the set order won't change that why are people still spreading this nonsense
>>
>>323315817
>moron writes idiotic response and posts gif of riker laughing.
Yeah, I guess that works.
>>
>>323316462
Because they're likely haemorrhaging money
>>
>>323316517
to be fair they also said the same things for type 0 and well you saw what happened
>>323316450
they look like normal people in their 20's aside from the hair and clothes
>>
>>323316494
I think his Japanese voice is fine and it doesn't sound faggy. His english voice sounds like fucking Batman, it doesn't suit a 20 something year old.
>>
>>323304368
The first gameplay footage
>>
>>323315924
games ran pretty fine back in my day. 60fps was the norm.
>>
File: critical mass todd.jpg (183 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
critical mass todd.jpg
183 KB, 1024x768
>>323316648
>Timers in place of turn order stats? WHAT IS THIS, THE SURFACE OF THE MOON?! NOTETHING MAKES SENCE NE MORE.
>>
File: ffxvk87.jpg (2 MB, 6234x4376) Image search: [Google]
ffxvk87.jpg
2 MB, 6234x4376
>>323315796
>body wise a bloo bloo bloo

No they aren't

They main 4 are 20 somethings wearing completely different items of clothing, the only thing similar is the color, character wise they are entirely different, you have arrogant wise cracking smart ass leader who thinks he's top shit but gets made fun off, you have blunt and calculating strategist, you have caring big brother who employs tough love on the others, you have the inexperienced rookie that everyone shits on while he tries his best to be useful

>magic is more than fira and firaga,
NIGGER ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

Magic in XV is purely from the fucking CRYSTALS, it is 100% magic, all spells he can do is crystal magic, all sword summoning he can do is bloodline magic, all summons he can do is goddess granted magic, every power Noctis has is 100% magic.

The only technology weapons is from the enemies

>please, the demo was trash and I was over 25 in dark caves, what would happen in major cities with NPCs?
Can you not fucking read? AUGUST 2015, 5 months AFTER the demo

was released they had started showing new footage and all footage they have shown since August 2015 has been constant 30FPS, the 2.0 demo from June was also 27-30FPS

If you have been following the game and even seen any of the fucking locations let alone even seen the demo area you would know the world is more populated and full than other FFs, other FFs world maps are literally empty

>you just mash X, you run from the behemoth with QTE, don't bullshit me
So you never even touched the demo, you have attack with combos on ground and air, dodge rolls, warps, parries, counters, abilities, summons, phantom swords, knightsguard etc, you know fuck all

FFXV is already confirmed to be playable from start to finish as of December 2015, fuck you are so clueless

>no sequel, you really belive it?
Nigger if you had been following the game at all you would know that they already condensed Versus and its sequels into XV which is why its so big
>>
The cast. Day one.
> BUT ANON, ALL JRPGS LOOK LIKE THAT
not even. Dozens of jrpgs, including final fantasy, featured interesting looking characters. 8 and and XIII remain the only two to focus more on modern fashion/realism than the fantasy setting they are in.

All the pcs in XV are beyond generic. There is not one god damn memorable thing about their designs or personalities. Yes, I'm basing this on the demo, remembering a fucking 30 minute ffvii demo got me hooked on the franchise back in 1998 and subsequently the whole genre.

I'll still play XV in the hope it's nearly 2+ hour demo sold me that the world has some possibilities. The plot and cast from the near half hour of trailers are abysmal.
>>
>>323316450
They are all in their 20s, none of them look like teens

And they are from a fucking organization from the most advanced city in the games world, are you really this autistic?
>>
>>323316909
Have fun playing FF15 on your NES.
>>
>>323314047
>>323316216

Gladio, Ignis and Prompto all save Noctis too you fucking faggot

You really are an assmade Stellafag who can't deal that she was replaced with a character who actually makes sense in the games world and who isn't a damsel who needs saving
>>
>>323317153
>NIGGER ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?
>Magic in XV is purely from the fucking CRYSTALS, it is 100% magic, all spells he can do is crystal magic, all sword summoning he can do is bloodline magic, all summons he can do is goddess granted magic, every power Noctis has is 100% magic.
>The only technology weapons is from the enemies
Well the guy did think that FF13 didn't have magic. I'm not sure where he pulled that from.
>>
>>323316021
>>323316208
See>>323316328

>>323316449
There is no "set" turn order or even fucking turns in ATB, there is only commands, enemies will constantly attack you over and over again even if you are doing nothing, because it is TIME BASED you autsitic fuck

>>323316524
Except it isn't, it's time based
>>
>>323317426
Prompto is his friend and Glad and Iggy are his underlings. It's their job to save him.

Stella is literally given a more important role in their world than Noctis. Oracle>Prince of Lucis

have fun with your faggot ayy lmao Mary Sue FXV-kun.
>>
>>323304368
FFXIII
>>
>>323317641
>There is no "set" turn order or even fucking turns in ATB, there is only commands, enemies will constantly attack you over and over again even if you are doing nothing, because it is TIME BASED you autsitic fuck

its just chaotic turn based combat that's all atb its not some new combat system that changed everything
>>
>>323316494
No that isn't what they said

In the English dub only his voice sounds very deep and this is what people commented on, they said that the recorded dialog in the demo was just temporary and they didn't have time to replace it with the rerecorded versions, the rerecorded versions was just the same English voice actor closer matching the tone of the Japanese voice, which is plenty deep enough anyway
>>
>>323317641
>Turn orders being dictated by timers. Madness! Anarchy!
>Penalties for taking too long on a turn! Its like I've never played a board game in my life!
>>
>>323317153
well, if you believe all of this, I really hope it will happen, and you'll enjoy the game
>>323317489
magic is more than pretty lights, it's a concept, just because a sword have a particle trail doesn't make it magic, but that's my own interpretation

hope you'll enjoy your game
>>
>>323316494
Noctis english voice sounds way too fucking deep. Even if he were pretending to sound cool, which would fit his character immensively, he still sounds way off compared to the other guys. He doesn't need a high pitched boy-voice IMO, but they could lay off a little
>>
>>323317782
glad and iggy are also his friends and luna is also an oracle
not him btw
>>
>>323317009
You have no fucking clue what turn based even is

By your logic KH BBS is turn based because of the command deck runs on ATB
>>
>>323318038
no its action based FF combat on the other hand is turnbased without any order to it
>>
>>323318036
True, but that's my point. They are his friends so it's natural for them to save him without overshadowing. I'm sure he saves them too.

and I meant to say Luna not Stella. Stella was never an Oracle.
>>
>>323317234
See
>>323317153

XV has a much more interesting and grounded cast than any other FF

> There is not one god damn memorable thing about their designs or personalities.
Except for the fact that there is, Noctis the wise cracking arrogant smart ass and already a better and more fun character than Cloud was or any FF MC is, he can summon swords and warp around, that shit he can do is already more iconic than any one other FF characters abilities, only bar Cloud and Sephiroth and only due to them being around for so fucking long that their designs and the impact of FF7 became ingrained into the greater gaming mindspace.
>>
>>323304368
>What destroyed the FFXV hype for you?
FFXIII and it's several sequels.
>>
File: Xiahou Rly.jpg (37 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
Xiahou Rly.jpg
37 KB, 438x400
>>323318038
>I somehow don't get the difference between a timer dictating turn order in one game, and timers being used to pace action based combat in another game
>Its like I think the timer itself is the genre. Can I really be this stupid?
>>
File: FinalFantasyXV-6.jpg (627 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasyXV-6.jpg
627 KB, 1280x720
i wonder how magic is going to be incorporated into the gameplay. I don't seem to remember there being a ton of available buttons that weren't assigned to something in the Episode Duscae demo.
I also hope you can fire off a spell pretty fast, like in Kingdom Hearts, so that you don't lose your momentum if you are in the middle of a string of attacks.
I also hope they restrain themselves with the particle effects. The framerate dipped a bit too often for my liking whenever I used Phantom Swords, so I can imagine a Blizzaga spell going nuts on it
>>
>>323318659
>Except for the fact that there is
No there isn't. The main cast are complete trash and if they weren't so god damned bland, I might give more of a fuck about the game in general.
>>
>>323317782
>Prompto is his friend and Glad and Iggy are his underlings. It's their job to save him.

And so by your logic the fact that they do save him they must be mary sue right?

Oh but because Luna happens to have powers and because they also said that she could also save him she is suddenly a mary sue now

Luna is an Oracle who is tasked with conversing with the gods, her task it to try and stop the plague and they already said NOCTIS is the one who joins her to help her, clearly showing that Luna needs Noctis's help

Keep spouting your memes you underage cunt, you will never be right
>>
>>323317234
>. 8 and and XIII remain the only two to focus more on modern fashion/realism than the fantasy setting they are in.

the cast for those games were also terrible
>>
>>323317829
No it fucking isn't, it is literally a time based system, it's IN THE FUCKING NAME, ACTIVE TIME BATTLE

>>323317993
No, commands are dictated by time progression because it's time based, there is no "turns", only commands being input

There is no such thing as "penalties" here you fuck, you clearly have no clue what turn based means, because again by your logic BBS is now turn based because it has an ATB, fuck you do realize that FF12 is literally just an ATB system with movement mixed in? ATB is not fucking turn based, it simply cannot be on any fucking level, it is a time based system which is why ATB works when you mix it with real time movement
>>
>>323318978
Keep cherry picking faggot, I don't even need to prove you wrong, the game will.
>>
>>323318913
Yeah no the main cast are already among the best FF main cast ever, the best dynamic too.
>>
>>323304368
the moment they announced that they had already cut the female lead's entire playable half of the story. That's the start of a dark and shitty path.
>>
>>323319246
>No it fucking isn't, it is literally a time based system, it's IN THE FUCKING NAME, ACTIVE TIME BATTLE

ITS STILL TURN BASED COMBAT WITHOUT A SET ORDER DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON
>>
>>323318724
You clearly have no fucking clue what ATB is

It literally means Active Time Battle, it is time based through and fucking through, nothing about it is turns, you just input commands in a time based system

You can stand idle doing nothing and die because enemies are constantly attacking you because time is progressing, that fact alone means it is not turn based, it is time based
>>
File: youblewit.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
youblewit.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>323304368
>Gay party
>Swords vs guns vs police (muh rebel superpowered teens)
>Asian faces

Yup. Graphics are on top. Gameplay might be fun. No doubt of that. But we all know we don't play a FF game for muh graphics and gameplay.
>>
>>323319374
>Yeah no the main cast are already among the best FF main cast ever
Go home fujoshit. They're garbage
>>
>>323319552
can you at least put some effort into shitposting
>>
>>323316812
Have you ever met someone who's gone through puberty?
>>
>>323319265
You are the one spouting memes and your own bullshit here, it's obvious you are an assmad Stelladrone who is desperate to spread your "luna is le marysueXD" meme.
>>
>>323319543
being time based changes nothing its still turn based combat
>>
>>323317153
>has been constant 30FPS
Proof? There's clearly drops in the chocobo trailer
>>
>>323305176
>Statements about keeping other devices capable of running directx11 into consideration
>No pc release
>>
Nothing so far. Just give us a good fucking trailer and a release date. The ATRs are unnecessary.
>>
File: ff3 ffxv.jpg (1 MB, 3106x1188) Image search: [Google]
ff3 ffxv.jpg
1 MB, 3106x1188
>>323319603
You want fujoshit go look at every other FF, XVs party has the best dynamic any FF party has ever had and the designs in the game are easily among the best FF designs ever, the most grounded designs FF has ever had.

>>323319552
You want gay, go look at FF3, FF4, FF7, FF9 etc

>>Swords vs guns vs police (muh rebel superpowered teens)
Wow it's almost as if it's a medieval fantasy mixed with urban fantasy mixed with magitek mixed with renaissance fantasy! Almost like how every fucking FF is a mix of multiple setting and era elements.

>(muh rebel superpowered teens)
There isn't a single teen in the game but nice meme

>asian
Nigger you are fucking blind, none of them are asian.
>>
The demo, I originally was against the new combat system and then people made me think it was just new times, the progression of games, that this was always the end goal. I was excited to play it however its a hot mess being one of the graphically poor games square has out since they usually put out the nicest looking games. Frame rates atrocious, gameplay is like I thought too, doesn't matter what you do just spam and occasionally dodge while pressing one button. Fucking kingdom hearts started this gay ass shit, would be way better as turn based with good graphics or even like 13's gameplay.
>>
I literally wish someone would doxx XV-kun, I want to see what this pathetic nigger looks like.
>>
>>323320067
turn based combat in FF was always press x to win
>>
>>323320026
>You want fujoshit go look at every other FF
Every other FF offered a varied cast of main party members
> XVs party has the best dynamic any FF party has ever had
No, it's 4 different flavors of "Japanese clothing model"
>the most grounded designs FF has ever had.
I want to attack their faggot hairstyles with a flamethrower. The designs are HORRIBLE. Being grounded means LITERALLY nothing if they're shit anyways.
>>
>>323319825
No it's time based.

>>323319849
PAX Caem Driving footage
Malboro footage
Dawn trailer
Dawn 2.0 trailer
Chocobo and Fishing footage

>drops
No there isn't, the direct feed videos are here and they have no drops at all

http://press.na.square-enix.com/products/p251/final-fantasy-xv
>>
>>323320026
more like

>boyband
>cruisers
>>
>>323320283

Watch when he runs up the road on the chocobo.
>>
>>323320283
its turn based without any order to it adding a gimmick wont change anything next you'll tell me that those mario rpgs are action based because they have minigames in the combat system
>>
>>323319246
>Timer counts up. When full player is awarded a turn. If the turn is neglected a penalty is enacted wherein the enemy may take their turn as their timer dictates.

>Timers is a genre! Strategy board games are the same as Fable for the XBOX entertainment system!

> I don't get what turn penalties are!
>>
File: FFXV-PARTY.jpg (2 MB, 2718x2063) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-PARTY.jpg
2 MB, 2718x2063
>>323320269
>Every other FF offered a varied cast of main party members
So does XV, every single one of them is varied

See >>323317153

>No, it's 4 different flavors of "Japanese clothing model"
Nice meme, just no

>I want to attack their faggot hairstyles with a flamethrower.
All those hairstyles have already been in FF11 as default hairstyles

Noctis's hairstyle is literally just a standard anime MC or JRPG MC hairstyle, Promptos is a shorter version of Clouds hair, Gladio's is a common yakuza thug haircut, Ignis's is a clean shaven business style haircut and common as fuck too, Cor has literally a buzzcut, every other male we've seen has swept back slick hair and beards

Their designs are easily among the best FF party yet, they are grounded and retsained designs therefore objectively better.
>>
>>323320743
>Nice meme
Nice argument.
>>
>>323320410
I just did and there was no drops

https://youtu.be/4zqxNNkSPa0?t=25s
>>
>>323321064
>Youtube
>>
FFXV threads made me hate the "fan"base but I'm still looking forward to the game.
Gotta be careful with hype though because it will still take quite some time before the game is out.
>>
>>323304368
It's announcement
>>
>>323320497
No it is fucking time based, I already explained to you how it works, fuck off already.

>>323320597
There is no turn, there is only TIME progressing, you input commands based on time bars, doing nothing has the enemy literally constantly attack you over and over again until you are dead, because TIME is progressing constantly, it is TIME based

There is no "turns" and there is no "penalties", you are so fucking desperate here, it is time based with commands input based on time progression, that is why ATB works seamlessly when mixing it with real time movement too

Fucking retard.
>>
>>323304368
It's a squeenix game, it'll be shit regardless. They haven't made anything good in almost 20 years, OP.
>>
>>323320283

There's pop in AND frame drops.
>>
>>323321182
Dude I watched the direct feed footage that I downloaded and there is no drops, there is no drops in the Youtube footage either, there is no drops period.
>>
>>323309704
turn base is dead for console, it should only be on handhelds these days
go play Bravely Default if you want a successor to classic Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy as a franchises has become one that tries to be different with every numbered installment
>>
>>323321346
that doesn't change anything besides the set order the actual mechanics between both systems are the same
>>
>>323321530
Christ look at the background, how can you miss it? It's like a slideshow.
>>
>>323320743
>every single one of them is varied
No they aren't. They generic boring handsome retards with the same height, body, and fashion sense.
>Nice meme
It's not a meme. It's my honest examination of their designs.
>All those hairstyles have already been in FF11 as default hairstyles
So?
>Noctis's hairstyle is literally just a standard anime MC or JRPG MC hairstyle
That doesn't make it okay.
> they are grounded and retsained
No they aren't. They're pandering to fujos and other flavors of shit taste.
>>
>>323321379
There is no frame drops in any of those footage

>pop in
That has nothing to do with framedrops, and there is no framedrops in either of those footage that I listed, all of which is all the new footage we've seen since August 2015, and there is fade-ins not pop-ins.
>>
>>323313517
Don't even pretend to be that retarded.
>>
>>323321656
I've FPS checked the entire footage and there is no drops at all, you are clearly just spouting shit now.
>>
>>323304368

It being a Final Fantasy game really ruined it for me. Have you ever seen a Final Fantasy game? Or a Final Fantasy protagonist? Hahahs, those sany Japs. Couldn't make a decent game to save their lives.
>>
File: avatard.jpg (4 KB, 96x71) Image search: [Google]
4 KB, 96x71
>>323321346
>There is no turn, there is only TIME progressing
This is factually false. A timer moves until a turn is awarded. Then the timer freezes for that actor. This is just like any strategy board game that employs timers.

>there is no "penalties"
Enemy actors getting to take their turn if the player actor takes too long to take theirs is a turn penalty. Its like you don't even turn based game.
>>
>drinking cocoa at sunset on a strange world while two of my bros cook up some barbecuee while the third scans the horizon for danger
>hype destroyed

No
>>
I'm still a little interested but probably the change in direction. I really wanted a darker final fantasy. It didn't have to be edgy but a story like final fantasy tactics with backstabbing and stuff. It may still have this but I doubt it. It will probably just be like ff13 melodrama.
>>
>>323304368
I was hyped for this in high school.
I'm in my mid 20's now and no longer give a single fuck.
I'm not going to buy it. I bought some shitty lightning games that square released instead. They were bad, why should I trust that this will be good?
The demo was shit. Cidney was the only character I liked.
It was pretty but the systems were all trash.

Square should just drop this game and put all resources on ff7 so we can get that in less than 10 years.
>>
>sub 20 fps during battles

what were they thinking?
>>
>>323319374
Wow guessing this is your first Final Fantasy or something huh?
>>
File: FF15 faces.jpg (1 MB, 1148x2556) Image search: [Google]
FF15 faces.jpg
1 MB, 1148x2556
>>323321701
Nigger I literlaly just fucking posted a picture proving every single one of them is varied, which you can see just from looking at them alone

They all have different hairstyle, different items of clothing, they all fight with different weapons, different styles, they all have different personalities, different interests etc

>. They generic boring handsome retards with the same height, body, and fashion sense.
They are all different heights, bodies and all wearing clothes from their organisation because THEY ARE FROM THE SAME FUCKING ORGANISATION, that is why their clothes are black, yet they are still entirely differnet fucking items of clothing

Ignis wearing blazer, flashy buttoned up shirt, jeans, snakeskin shoes, glasses

Noctis wearing shortsleeved airforce coat, Tshirt, capris, military grade arm guard, military grade combat boots

Prompto wearing biker vest, flannel vest, singlet, pants with leopard princt, boots with white cuff

Gladio wearing open jacket, pants and shoes

Cor wearing formal military coat, under shirt, formal military pants and boots

Every single one of them is wearing differnet clothes because they are from difference factions of the Lucis organisation, the reason they are black is because they are from the same organisation, that not only give a story reason for the way they are dressed but gives actual depth to their fucking outfits alone, which pretty much no fucking FF even has

You are literally meme spouting

>So
So you got called out for bullshit now you are backpedalling

>That doesn't make it okay.

Yes it literlaly does since you are clearly okay with Clouds, Squalls, Tidus, Zidanes, etc hair.

>No they aren't. They're pandering to fujos and other flavors of shit taste.
There is that meme again, it's not pandering to anyone, they are dressed that way for a story based reason which is because of the organization they are from, one which is based on Yakuza, yankii and delinquent sub culture itself
>>
>>323321968
>Copy/paste gas stations, caves, and fisherman's huts dot lifeless open world paddocks for miles in a game with no danger because level scaling is thing in games now.

Boy I can't wait to find all the "!"s in an area and grind mountain lion teeth until my grocer-checkli-quest log is all checked off!

Just like WoW and Dragon Age! Truly this is the pinnacle of Final Fantasy world design.
>>
>>323322528
FFXV-kun, honest question, what will you do when game will be released?
>>
>>323321954
>A timer moves until a turn is awarded.
There is no "turn

Every character has a cooldown on their single command, which progresses because TIME is progressing, and enemies will constantly be attacking even if you stand there doing nothing.

And the only time "time" pauses is when you are in a sub menu like items or magic and only when set to wait mode, because GET THIS, IT IS TIME BASED, the fact that you even have to PAUSE TIME IN WAIT MODE ONLY FURTHER FUCKING PROVES IT IS TIME BASED

By your logic every Action RPG is really just turn based and any time an enemy hits you it's a penalty for not taking a turn.

You clearly know literally nothing about turn based games let alone time based games.
>>
>>323322528
>Nigger I literlaly just fucking posted a picture
Yes
>proving every single one of them is varied
No.
>You are literally meme spouting
No. You're an over defensive fanboy shitstain who can't tell the difference between common opinions and memes.
>>
File: 1390783884048.png (671 KB, 1024x1075) Image search: [Google]
1390783884048.png
671 KB, 1024x1075
>>323312808
the thing about turn based and action games is
Turn based you feel like you're telling your character to do rather than playing as your character, it works best in monster catching games because you are actually telling your monster what to do so there is better immersion
turn based also works well in games with lots of strategy like srpgs and grand strategy games, traditional turn based games... not so much because there isn't much strategy honestly

action rpgs however are usually a futon of a genre, not a very good action game and not a very good rpg
the combat is usually to shallow compared to full action games and the game just ends up being super easy if you're a high enough level if the game isn't already easy due to enemies that are nothing but health bubbles, and ARPGs tend to have less mechanics than full rpgs
>>
>>323304368
FFXIII
>>
>>323321830
>I've FPS checked
Literally how?
>>
>>323322387
It's not.

It's not even sub 20 during normal battles anyway.
>>
>>323322528
>since you are clearly okay with Clouds, Squalls, Tidus, Zidanes, etc hair.
No I'm not. Luckily though, they featured in games with varied parties.
>>
>>323322834
>I am [---------------] thiiiis retarded!
>And the only time "time" pauses
Character timers do not move when full. Jesus breathe a little brother. You're getting sloppy.

Go out and have a smoke break. Take a timer with you and in 5 minutes come back and have another turn at this.
>>
Will they fix the framerate for the final game or somehow make it worse?
>>
The 10 years long wait
>>
File: bros 5 lyf.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bros 5 lyf.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>323322401
You must be new to FF if you honestly don't think so

FF1 no dynamic

FF2 no dynamic

FF3 no dynamic

FF4 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF5 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF6 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF7 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF8 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF9 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF10 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF12 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

FF13 just a bunch of random people meeting and "teaming up to save le world ^_^"

XV is the first proper FF where the main party are all friends since childhood and all have a strong brotherly bond and bro as fuck dynamic

No other fucking FF even comes close to this level of party dynamic
>>
>>323313252
>tabata brought
It was nomura
>>
>>323322903
So you are in denial now.
>>
I'll admit I wasn't super excited about XV to begin with because the aesthetic and setting really didn't grab me but I'm a fan of the series. When it was announced that you'd only play as Noctis and all the party members were male and had dull designs to go with the theme of brotrip, that annoyed me. When I saw the gameplay I became less hyped, and when I played the demo I stopped being even slightly hyped
>>
>>323323390
>the first proper FF where the main party are all friends since childhood
so you haven't played FF8 then
ok
>>
>>323323390
>Getting all worked up over canned brofist animations

Final Fantasy fans are insane.

>>323323519
The only one in denial is you
>>
>>323323048
So a party with a weapon summoning prince, a royal strategist mage, a royal guard monk, a military general samurai, a rookie sharpshooter, an oracle so far somehow isn't varied?

They are by the definition of the world varied.
>>
>>323323693
>>323323693
No, because they all look the same and all of them look boring and bland. So it's not varied. I don't know why you're having trouble grasping this idea.
>>
>>323323135
Are you literlaly fucking retarded?

Once an ATB bar is full it doesn't matter, time still fucking progresses, and enemies will stand attack you even if you are standing idle

The only time that time stops is when you put it in wait mode, and the fact that TIME has to stop only further fucking proves that it is TIME BASED YOU DENSE CUNT

By your own fucking logic FF11 is turn based
>>
>>323304368
Everyone being dressed like an emo fag.

I don't wanna play as a dude wearing that shit.

Outlandish anime crap is tolerable in weird alien worlds, but that shit is too modern and just looks cringey. Can't stand it.

I know they have a retarded justification for it, "Hurr, bud ids ther relidgen xDDD" but that is just contrived bullshit to make your party look like a bunch of queers.
>>
>>323304368
Battle system.
Innovation my ass, i might as well be playing a less cartoony version of KH.
>>
>>323323390
>all friends since childhood
4, a little bit of 7with tifa and cloud, and especially 8
>>
>>323304368
>Big arches

Killed it right then
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 93

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.