[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate memes in their video games again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 093.jpg (93 KB, 600x719) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
93 KB, 600x719
Why does /v/ hate memes in their video games again?
>>
>>323288789
It's rehashed humor, unoriginal content should be banished from games
>>
File: kings acid trip1.gif (2 MB, 255x208) Image search: [Google]
kings acid trip1.gif
2 MB, 255x208
あなたは何をしている、あなたを馬鹿?ヤクザは私たちを追いかけています。
私は男として約束したので、 ドクター私が再生できないと言うにもかかわらず、私がしなければなりません。
この野郎!
やったよ!私はケンシロウに対して獲得しました!私と一緒にねじ込みを停止!
>>
Because idiots tend to overuse them to be "hip" and "with the crowd" and trying to be a "gamer."
>>
File: 235460_2016-01-09_00010.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
235460_2016-01-09_00010.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I enjoyed it in MGR, and I can enjoy it in some instances, especially when its subtle, but in general memes in video games is bad because it means the game is trying to garner humor off of something that is only popular in the moment, as in its something that culturally won't make sense or will have its humor lost in years to come after its initial release. For example, the hell does "take an arrow to the knee" make any sense to someone a decade from now, let alone as something that could be seen as funny? Hell, its already gotten unfunny and Skyrim isn't even old yet.
>>
>>323289701
God forbid some people went back and played Duke Nukem.
Pop culture everywhere.
>>
>>323289701
it's not even a meme, it became a meme after skyrim used it. It's an analogy Nordes used to say they got married...
>>
>>323289701
Well to be fair, MGS's use of the word "meme" actually goes by the literal, serious meaning of the word and not the internet meaning.
>>
>>323289701
>For example, the hell does "take an arrow to the knee" make any sense to someone a decade from now

It was never funny, it happened at the height 4chan's meme ransack by Reddit, since most have been already taken redditors dersperate for "upboats" latched onto anything to make into a meme.

Anthony burch then picked it up and made it even less funny if that shit is even possible.
>>
>>323288789
Try to listen to the Tales of Zestiria dub anon
>>
>>323288789
I just played through the quest for cake the free DLC for Trine 3 and holy shit did I cringe hard. Fucking tired portal 1 jokes for something released in 2015? Come the fuck on
>>
>>323289440
I don't even understand japanese but I know what this is
>>
I remember when memes used to mean something.
>>
File: 1450542203768.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450542203768.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
MGS4 is good desu
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.