[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things you hate in video games >you can double jump >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1436728079735.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436728079735.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
Things you hate in video games

>you can double jump
>you can't go back into an area once you've progressed
>when they redesign the main character for no reason
>>
File: ngbbs483bd10e33c16.jpg (63 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs483bd10e33c16.jpg
63 KB, 393x393
>>323285878
Snake had a legit reason to look much older, I just don't get why they gave him that terrible mustache. If he kept the beard he'd have probably looked like BB or Solidus, which would have been infinitely better.
>>
>>323286004
Yeah he looked good in my opinion. The mustache did kind of stand out as well.
>>
Hated the moustache but it grew on me.

No pun intended.
>>
>>323285878
They should've given him the bottom left.
Looks old, but look alot better than the mustache.
>>
>>323286004

That image isn't the final product btw.
>>
>>323286220

Same.

Beards are so terribly overdone in videogames, every other male lead has some kind of stubble.

At least the moustache was unique, and actually made him look like an old man
>>
Literally any of them look better than the moustache. Did they ever say why they picked the moustache over the rest?
>>
The moustache looked good, fuck you.
>>
>>323286393
But he's not an old man, he's just living in the body of one. Why on earth would he suddenly decide to adopt an old man mustache?
>>
>>323286589
Because he has taste.
>>
>>323285878
>The characters keep on aging for many game releases
>Eventually they're not feasible protagonists anymore since they're old fucks
>Replace them with their children
Fuck you Resident Evil, I mean I know you're a dead franchise but still, the ride never ends does it.
>>
>>323285878
>Hating double jumps
I bet you're jealous because you're not fit enough to double jump irl fagit
>>
>>323286004
The beards make him look to badass and cool. They wanted to portray him as an old, tired man.
>>
>>323285878
Dammnnnnn, he looks like Kurt Russel in the second pic and Geralt in the third. The moustache was honestly the worst option.
>>
>>323286505
For the sake of being different.

Big Boss had the beard, Snake didn't want to be like Big Boss. He even refused to use CQC because Big Boss taught him, but he had to use it in MGS4 because all the fucking nanomachine soldiers were using it and it put him in a tactical disadvantage.
>>
>>323286589
Feeling old might make you consider yourself one.
>>
>>323286741
Everything that hack Kojima does is the worst option.
>>
>>323286823
>He even refused to use CQC because Big Boss taught him,

yeah, nah

going with that logic, Solid wouldn't use any of his infiltration, combat and shooting skills because 'big boss was using them too'

he got CQC because fuck it
>>
>>323286741
I love irl base for video game men and generic video game man
>>
fuck you all i liked the mustache
>>
>>323287161
It's the reason he gives in the game, he says something along the lines of:

"With all these soldiers with their cookie-cutter CQC I had to use it"

In the real world, yes, Solid gets CQC because the gameplay improvements let him to do so.
>>
>>323287161

I hear you but Solid literally says that's the reason. Stupidest shit ever.
>>
>>323286589

I think for Japs it's a sign of maturity/seniority.

For the rest of the world, it's the telltale sign of a math teacher.
>>
>>323286004
>terrible mustache
He looks iconic, like the Hitler of MGS
>>
>>323285878
what kind of sick twisted fuck doesn't like double jumps?
>>
I think solid has the stache simply because he looked old enough to pull it off.
He did have a weird sense of humour
>>
>>323285878
>Hating double jumps
What the fuck wrong with you?
>>
>>323286004
He has hand tremors from all the PTSD and from just being fucking old, he can still shave most of his face pretty well but he always cuts himself when he goes for the upper lip, so he just doesn't bother any more.
>>
>you can't go back into an area once you've progressed
Shit like this actually makes me appreciate objective markers, so I know exactly where not to go yet. What's the point in having an interesting labyrinthine level if a random turn cuts you off from the whole thing?
>>
Fire = Damage over time
Water = Healing
Ice = Less damage than fire + slow
Earth = Defense or Less damage than fire + stun
Wind = Speed/Evasion/Crit
>>
>>323289445
so do you just spend all your time raging against final fantasy then?
>>
When the costume you're wearing (and sometimes weapons) doesn't appear in cutscenes. I had Resi 4 on PS2 and it drove me up the wall.
>>
>>323291770
Final Fantasy has none of that
>>
>>323292598
Not FFX? What are you thinking of then?
>>
>>323289445

I wish more games had wind powers
>>
>>323285878
I don't hate double jumps as much as I hate gliding in platformers.
>>
>>323286004
An in game reason would be that he didn't wanna look like Big Boss or Solidus. Also he never had a full beard anyway, just scruff in MGS2.
>>
>>323285878
>>you can't go back into an area once you've progressed
Goddamn fuck this shit so much.
>>
>>323292274
This. Fucking STALKER. Okay fair enough, you don't want to animate every armor but WHY WOULD I BE USING THE AK74u AT END GAME?
>>
>>323285878
>you can double jump
retard
>>
File: 1436749127475.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1436749127475.png
317 KB, 796x712
>portable game
>you can't save anywhere you want, nor is there a suspend save system (a temporary save file that goes away once you load back in, to prevent you from cheesing the game)

It isn't as much as a problem these days since portable systems have sleep modes now but it's pretty annoying when I don't feel like playing that game at that moment and want to play something else.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 227x225
>>323285878
>>you can't go back into an area once you've progressed
>game auto saves at the same time you are locked out of the area you passed through
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.