[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Legion planned last minute? We all know something went horribly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: Yrel.jpg (34 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
Yrel.jpg
34 KB, 400x265
Was Legion planned last minute?
We all know something went horribly wrong with Warlords of Draenor to cause them to change the end boss last minute, and scrap most of the announced patches/content.

I feel that the expansion after WoD would've been that ogre continent they mentioned, but the backlash from the AU Universe caused them to change their mind.
>>
It wouldn't surprise me. Nothing about it comes off as well thought out or planned, it's mostly a mashup of unrelated themes with nostalgia sprinkled in.
>>
Legion, believe it or not, was planned during warlords development. This was confirmed at Blizzcon in 2013
>>
>>323285537
2014 I mean. Fuck it I don't know where I am anymore.
>>
>>323284487
legion was finished half way through WoD
>>
>>323285537
>blizzard doesn't lie
M8...

Legion is basically what MoP should've been, a cashgrab on nostalgia, but instead of going for the safe lmao demonhuntard instad of the polarizing pandas.
>>
>>323284487
Who cares?! WOW is shit and everyone playing it should be gassed.
>>
>>323284487
What went horribly wrong with WoD was timegating content and forcing you to do garrisons, and disabling flight at launch.

People need shit to do, and reason to do it other than "Because if I don't I get fucked on progression."

Wrath knew what was up. You can cry casual on it all you want, but you had something to do that was FUN and not forced. And the forced shit had a way around it. Didn't like dailies? Run dungeons with a rep tabard. Don't like dungeons? Do dailies. Don't like either? Convert your raid tokens.

PvP was accessible to all in WotLK, raids were puggable and servers would pug. Hardcore raiders had a reason to pug old content for mounts and achievements, dungeon gear could get you in to pugs, and was enough to entry level you in to a raiding guild.

Exploring was fun and the world was beautiful, there was reason to camp and gather resources, and there was human interaction wherever the fuck you went.

The worst part of WotLK was the year long content drought while Cata was finished. But even during the drought you had shit to do and the content was interesting enough and challenging enough to keep everyone going until Cata.
>>
>>323284487
the boss was changed last minute because blizzard thought people would get bored of another orc raid boss after Garrosh, Blackhand etc

they probably always planned gul'dan to be the greater enemy out of the iron horde and for his story to include the burning legion, so having archimonde be the last boss was a convenient addon as a prelude to legion

the only thing that's probably done last minute is grom being pulled as the last boss and archimonde being put in
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
261 KB, 900x900
>Legion is another 6 months away

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH JUST END WOD JUST END IT FUCK
>>
>>323285870
You mean 8?
>>
off topic but how do I make gold lads? I have every profession and every class except shaman available so hit me.
>>
>The World of Warcraft team has “quadrupled” its art outsourcing, which has been a bottleneck in the past. The next expansion is almost “feature complete.”

http://firstadopter.tumblr.com/post/109489028909/exclusive-activision-blizzard-insider-says

the insider got fired immediately and this was a ways back
>>
>tfw MoP was the best expansion all along
>>
>>323285793
Not going to defend
>ONE FUCKING YEAR OF ICC
but it was nice if you where bad and wanted to clear heroic, buf or not it was pretty hard.

But
>ONE YEAR OF FUCKING ICC.

I have dreams of ICC. Dreams. It's been years, I haven't played mop, or wod or cata. ANd I still remember. I remember syndragosa. The wipes.
>>
>>323285963

>still can't update goblin/worgen models whilst making oversized holy paladin artifact skins
>>
>>323285963
>outsourcing
>OUTSOURCING

motherfucking blizzard has SO MUCH MONEY

where is it all fucking going, SC2 is dead as fuck and receives almost no support after the lack expansion, HotS and Hearthstone are light as fuck in terms of development and WoW feels like it cuts so much corners in terms of development time

did the Titan team never come back to WoW and just start working on another MMO or some shit?
>>
>>323285953
garrison spam or bots
>>
>>323285953
making gold has become so easy in WOD you should be ashamed you asked the question, just check the AH for the crafted that give the most dosh and grind to produce those
>>
No, they were making it at the same time as WoD. One of the cutscenes for Aszuna is located between two of the garrison cutscenes in the Legion alpha files.
>>
>>323286135
titan was scrapped and changed to overwatch.
>>
>>323285793
>And the forced shit had a way around it
FUCKING WOTLK KIDS
I HATE FAGGOTS LIKE YOU
People were forced to run both 10ppl and 25ppl EACH FUCKING WEEK if they wanted to progress and almost ALL raids were pretty bad
>>
File: wow gold.png (221 KB, 592x684) Image search: [Google]
wow gold.png
221 KB, 592x684
How do I make more gold?
>>
>>323286335
>even net-profit is 10 times more than the maximum gold I've ever hold on myself
jesus, I'm bad at farming.
>>
>>323286082
What the fuc kwas peoples problem?

Is it SO. FUCKING. HARD. To stand away from the iced targets, then move in when they freeze?

I mean FUCK
>>
>>323286335
judging by the fact you only spent 22.5k on your garrison

roll more alts, level them to 100, set up their garrisons

10 characters with 10 built up garrisons can make 10k-30k a day with enough dumb ass logging in on them and micromanaging them
>>
>>323286496
you make 6-8k running 25 man heroic cata raids a week now

go run vanilla/TBC raids for battle pets, they sell well even at level 1

I sold a level 1 Stinkrot with a mediocre breed for 4750g today
>>
>>323286642
I pretty much stopped playing in cata, and I always was very, very, VERY bad at farming.
>>
>>323286503
Raiding makes you know that people lose neurons every second they're alive.

It's always a fucking DPS that fucks up. No exception.
>>
>>323286716
oh. that's fine then, I've always been a super lazy and unmotivated farmer but I came back for a month or two to check out WoD.

money's easier than ever, like, it's never been even remotely comparable, I've been playing for 18 days and I have 53k on my character and I've bought my first WoW token (33.5k or so)
>>
>>323286335
I'm doing fine with my 6 100s with an all Treasure-Hunter team

Too lazy to farm and I can still pay my WoW tokens till Legion
>>
How they went from MoP to WoD honestly astonishes me. MoP was a fantastic expansion and the step in the right direction, then they go back another 5000 fucking steps and fuck everything up again
>>
>>323286135
>motherfucking blizzard has SO MUCH MONEYwhere is it all fucking going,

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/2/9662214/actvision-blizzard-buys-candy-crush-king-5-9-billion
>>
>>323286828
>tfw they're 60k on EU
Why is everything more expensive on EU?
>>
>>323285793
>disabling flight at launch.

That's the only thing they did right.
>>
>>323286535
Actually what you're seeing there is 11 characters with garrisons, 8 of which are level 100 with level 3 inns, a few treasure hunters each, level 3 salvage yards, level 2 jc huts and a level 3 barracks (for extra followers). Most of them are still on level 1 shipyards

The problem as I see it is the really good gold earning ones such as champions honor, blingtron's vault, medallion of the legion and elixir of rapid mind just come in so infrequently even with all these garrisons that the level 3 shipyward actually seems to be the most reliable source of large gold pools

Unfortunately you really need an oil rig otherwise your alts are always fairly short
>>
>>323286334
ahh those were the days. the 10 man was pure elite sex with 10 of the best, handpicked from the guild.
as an elemental shaman, i could actually top the dps meters in 10 man.

25 man was pure shit, getting all the good trinkets and rings last, harder to get the achievements because of time and planning constraints.
after Wotlk there was no reason for me to hardcore raid anymore, i felt like i had did it all, shit, i was satisfied after progressing through vanilla AQ 40 and Naxx 40.
>>
>>323286993
>Candy crush is worth 1.4 billion more than the entire Star Wars franchise
>>
>>323287092
>10man

Mah nigga of good taste.
>small group of friends
>Nice people overall
>You know each other
>>
>>323285861
I'm still holding out for the Trial of Hellscream patch, where Grom will accept his punishment but only in combat.
>>
>>323286082
Mmmmm dem buffets. ICC had great fights and I think everyone can remember the mechanics for them. They were fun and challenging.

>>323286334
Nice bait. I'll take it.

You could do the regular dungeons to gear for heroic dungeons which geared your for 10N. 10N gear was good enough to pug ICC25 up to Saurfang. 10N was enough for 10H and regular 25N. 10H was enough for 25N and parts of 25H. 25N was enough for 25H.

And no shit you needed to do the content to progress. Are you retarded? If you tried to go full dungeon heroic in to 25H of course you'll be fucked. Don't be retarded, progression flowed nicely and was easy to understand. 5N > 5H > 10N > 10H/25N >10H/25N > 25H.

And if you want to sit around and tell me WotLK had a single bad progression raid outside of TotC then you can go fuck yourself with a rod of molten steel. TotC wasn't even bad, but compared to Naxx, which allowed people to see content that only the elite few saw in Vanilla, Ulduar which replaced hardcore mode in favor of meta achievements that kept players visiting well after ICC came out and beyond, and ICC, it was really lackluster but still memorable.
>>
>>323286993
I'm pretty sure that most money there came from Activisions pocket
>>
>>323287286
good ideas: this one.

I hope we get a 6.3 content patch before the Legion prepatch that updates HFC a bit like SoO was updated.
>>
lfm hfc normal have max ring or no inv
>>
File: clutchcargo.jpg (23 KB, 375x428) Image search: [Google]
clutchcargo.jpg
23 KB, 375x428
>>323286832
>MoP was a fantastic expansion and the step in the right direction
>even more streamlining
>even more casualization
>dull, easily forgettable dungeons that epitomized the anti-social faceroll playstyle
>mandatory dailies
>an even bigger focus on LFR
>Timeless "Here's Your Free Full Set of Epics" Isles
>pandashit
>fantastic
>step in the right direction
I really, really, REALLY wish these meme would end.
>>
>>323287516
Said no one ever
>>
>>323287516
still better than wotlk gearscore whoring
>>
>>323286832
MoP had a fuckhuge subdrop...
>>
>>323287270
i got Tribute to Insanity in our 10 man before Icecrown came out.
that's how good our 10 man was. too bad i didn't get the wolf though, i wanted it very badly.
>>
>>323287647
grind for it :^)

You still can, right?
>>
>>323287580
Clearly you never used the premade group finder
>No Curve/Flat=No invite
>>
>>323287647
What wolf?
>>
>>323287551
Don't think he said it was perfect, but the consistent patches, multiple ways to gear up, and shit to do in the world was at it's peak compared to every other expansion.

Then WoD completely undid everything.
>>
>>323287718
I believe the curve one but fully upgraded ring for normal mode?

No one is that autistic
>>
>>323287551
You really didn't play any of it did you?

No one is ever forcing you to do dailies.
If all you did was LFR everyone was gonna laugh at you.
Timeless Isle "Epics" weren't even good, not even as an entrance to raiding set.
Dungeons weren't anti-social facerolls, you had challenge modes to prevent exactly that, and it rewarded you with a set that only cool dudes had.
And Pandaria was one of the best designed maps and interesting places in the game.

8/10 made me reply.
>>
>>323286135
Fucking SC2 is getting "DLC mission" packs.
>>
>>323287031
Don't know but the token prices have been creeping upward on NA since they've been released. I still remember picking up a bunch when they were sitting between 14 and 18k.

Americans are lazy and retarded so we're more willing to spend money for gold I guess. Less competition and more tokens for all!
>>
>>323287367
Mad wotlk kid
ALL wotlk raids were bad, even ulduar only had just a few good boss fights
All first tier except Mal and sat +3 was just a joke
ICC was a joke except lich king fight, and even it was shorter than Kael one(still great mechanic wise)
>Naxx, which allowed people to see content that only the elite few saw in Vanilla)
Damn, just go fuck yourself with your epic maymays
I never seriously raided until BC, and even my half casual guild farmed half of the naxx
Guess it's useless to talk with wotlk drones, even if blizzard just shat in your mounth(and they did) you will still praise them
>>
>>323287802
WoD has multiple ways to gear up and shit to do in the world but no consistent patches

Was that its main problem?
>>
>>323287718
I stopped playing after HFC came out what is flat?
>>
>>323287715
no you can't anymore

>>323287739
horde got a wolf mount and alliance got a steed mount
>>
>>323287952
Time is flat is beating all of HFC before the next tier of content on normal,

Curve is for heroic.
>>
>>323287551
>>dull, easily forgettable dungeons that epitomized the anti-social faceroll playstyle

After Heoric Stonecore in LFG anything that was casual was a fucking relief. I still have nightmares about that patrol room
>>
>>323287940
>WoD has multiple ways to gear up
Which all got trumped by LFR gear. So nobody bothered with them except for the first two weeks LFR was disabled after launch.

And if you mean Tanaan, too little too late. Leaving the game content starved until the very last patch doesn't make the whole expansion good.
>>
>>323287952
Time is a flat circle achievement. Kill Archimonde on normal before the next tier of content.

Another one of those catch-22 achieves people use to invite you to pugs so the leader gets carried.
>>
>>323287551
>>Timeless "Here's Your Free Full Set of Epics" Isles
Rubbish epics. Those epics were a whopping 86 item levels behind the best you could get whereas the valor stuff from Cata which required the bare minimum of work were about 15 item levels behind
>>
>>323287940
>defending the expansion that brought twitter and selfies as a major content patch
kill your fucking self
>>
>>323288065
Crafted gear
World bosses
Bonus event boxes
The garrison boxes
The garrison bosses

All were pretty good alternatives to LFR for gearing
>>
>>323288335
I don't know how you got that I was defending it out that post
>>
>>323288335
Not surprising
There people who defend expansion that brought achievements and easy(normal) modes for raids
>>
>>323287935
What exactly was 'bad' about them? Were they too easy? Too fun? Did you not go for the hardcore modes if you wanted a challenge or try the achievements? Bad is a very subjective term.

And nigger it is not a meme that less than 10% of the player base cleared naxx in vanilla. I never said people couldn't get in there, I said that ICC naxx gave people a chance to see content that the majority was never able to.
>>
>>323288502
But achievements are good though, and that expansion also brought hard modes.
WoD has literally no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>323288618
No
Heroic/hard mode are default difficulty
Normal was easy mode
At least it was this way since ICC
>>
>>323288418
>Crafted gear
Sit your garrison. Oh man so much to do!

>World bosses
I guess that's one thing to do outside your garrison twice a week.

>Bonus event boxes
Sit in your garrison waiting for a queue. Oh man so much to do!

>The garrison boxes

>The garrison bosses

>All were pretty good alternatives to LFR for gearing
All lower ilvl.
>>
>>323287635
WoD lost half the playerbase in 6 months
>>
>>323288618
>But achievements are good though

Some people, including myself, never saw the point of them. And I'm one of the fags that hung around Ironforge/Orgrimmar showing off their e-peen back in the day cause I was also retarded.

Yet I never saw a point for achievements, cause there was no tangible benefit in gameplay. Reputation was more intoxicating when people could recognize you by your name alone.

I still get what your point is though, but not everyone will.
>>
>>323288859
I meant Ulduar hard modes. Which could not have been made into a thing without the achievement system. And raid achievements now fulfill that role after Ulduar but to a much lower extent.

I do agree multiple raid difficulty settings are a terrible fucking idea though.
>>
>>323288860
But those are alternative ways of gearing that's all I was suggesting. Why do you need to deconstruct my post like that?
>>
File: 1410807053247.png (187 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1410807053247.png
187 KB, 346x406
>>323287858
>No one is ever forcing you to do dailies.
You were 100% required to do them until Timeless Isles came out. Don't even try to fucking pretend this wasn't a thing when it was one of the most talked-about issues back then.

>If all you did was LFR everyone was gonna laugh at you.
Not the point. LFR was a major feature and it was nothing but dog shit. On top of that, the increased accessibility further diluted the feeling of progression you would normally get from being a hardcore raider. There was no reason for me to strive to see the "true" endgame when most of it was already laid right at my feet.

>Timeless Isle "Epics" weren't even good, not even as an entrance to raiding set.
>>323288293
Not the point. Welfare epics were just another way to pander to casuals(a running theme in this expansion, in case you haven't figured it out) and make them feel like they were special. Just like LFR, it further diluted the feeling of progression you would normally get from obtaining epics legitimately. These kinds of ketchup mechanics also contribute to the whole "Play the patch, not the expansion" problem that's continued into WoD.

>Dungeons weren't anti-social facerolls, you had challenge modes to prevent exactly that, and it rewarded you with a set that only cool dudes had.
Most people were facerolling challengemodes, FYI. When I can easily pug something, it's not far from being completely trivial.Also, making the absolute top tier of content challenging doesn't do a whole lot else for the rest of the game.

>And Pandaria was one of the best designed maps and interesting places in the game.
If an clusterfuck, ambiguously-asian setting and linear questing is what you consider "one of the best designed maps", then I'm not really surprised you liked this shitty expac.
>>
>>323289274
Purple gear in know way makes me feel special unless its number is level is high enough. Even when I was in full MC epics in vanilla I thought I was in welfare gear because Naxx was alreadyo ut
>>
>>323289230
Because you were implying they were comparable to MoP's and then asked if that was the main problem.
The problem is they are just different methods on name only. You are not really encouraged to do anything different or interesting.

Unless you are not that anon. Then whatever.
>>
>>323289274
>You were 100% required to do them until Timeless Isles came out.
That's actually a lie and a great way to spot the people who skipped MoP.

You were required to do golden lotus only at the start of the expansion, which got patched after all the complaining. The later reps that would be "required" were like the shado pan, raid related for raiders to supplement their drops and no dailies or grind attached to them, only the raid, and then minor reps for casuals to do like the kiron tor offensive or lion's landing. Which were not necessary and gave gear as an intro to raiding that was an actual alternative to LFR.
>>
>>323289506
>Because you were implying they were comparable to MoP's

Well what were MoPs? Because all I remember was crafting, world bosses or rep grinding so you had the appropriate rep to buy valor gear
>>
>>323289379
>Even when I was in full MC epics in vanilla I thought I was in welfare gear because Naxx was alreadyo ut
The main difference is that hardcore raiding was more or less the only place to get epics. Even if you didn't think it was special, a lot of people did because, not only were they an upgrade stat-wise, they were also an upgrade visually, both in their "quality" and in their actual physical look, which was a step up from the rags you were wearing while on your trek to 60.

Post-cata, the only thing left to make you feel like your character is actually progressing are the numbers, exactly like you said, which is the most sterile and fucking dull form of progression imaginable.
>>
>>323289854
MoP didn't have a garrison. That alone should show you the biggest difference.

Also
>still defending WoD
kill you're self
>>
>>323285537
Doesn't matter when the development started when they had to pull devs off it to fucking put flying back in the game. how many months did we fucking wait for them to fix little spots in the sky that would just kill your character because "lol flying was intended." they made so many things worse caving in and putting flying into draenor.
>>
>>323287516
fuck this niggardry

lfg should not be allowed for raids, you need to have 720 ilvl to get invited to raids that drop items with 690 ilvl
>>
>>323289902
Vanilla's loot system unfortunately made it a lot worse to progress. Catch up gear is designed specifically to get guilds focused on the latest content otherwise you'll have a disorganized mess of guilds doing old content at various difficulty levels
>>
>>323289963
I am not defending WoD at all. Can you please stop telling me to kill myself?
>>
>>323289963
>your
ftfy

but nothing against your post senpai >>323289854 is a fag
>>
>>323289792
>That's actually a lie
>You were required to do golden lotus only at the start of the expansion
>required
So which is it, kiddo? You also had to grind a few of the other ones for supplemental gear, gear rerolls, and profession recipes.

Again, this was a huge point of contention for the playerbase for the longest time, and if all you're going to do is plug your ears and pretend it didn't happen, I'm not even going to bother trying to convince you.
>>
>>323289854
Those were the same plus H Scenarios, but you actually had to do something for them instead of sitting on a Garrison. Specially when it comes to reps, at least you had the option to grind mobs, hunt zandalari rares for tokens, and questing instead of just grinding endlessly for gear that you'll never use in WoD.
>>
>>323290207
Why? I am asking a question and now I'm a fag and I should kill myself?

Okay.
>>
>>323290293
>required to do them until Timeless Isles came out.
>them until Timeless Isles came out.

You left that out nigger. No backing out on this one. You were required to do it for a very small period of time before it was patched, not until timeless isle.

Why are you trying to talk shit about an expansion you didn't even play?
>>
>>323290134
>old content
If it's considered "old content" during the same expansion it was introduced, something is fucking wrong. When I pay $50 for an expansion, I don't want most of its content being shoved off to the side and forgotten about.
>>
What's a pisseasy way to make money quick these days
I only have 1 lvl 100 and 3 lvl 90s
>>
>>323290337
You have the garrison campaign
You have rare hunting
You have zone specific questlines
You have treasure finding
You have rep grinding
You have mythic dungeons
You have challenge modes
You have world bosses
You have garrison invasions
You have timewalking dungeons
You have ashran battles
You have legendary pet battles
You have daily apexis and oil missions
You have raids

There's plenty to do in Warlords outside queuing garrison missions. If you sit in your garrison that's your problem
>>
>>323290586
garrison inn level 2 and recruit a follower with the gold trait every week, level 3 inn for gold reward missions

scrap your ships until you have a good amount of goblin/dwarven crews in your navy

rake in lods emone
>>
>>323290917
I'll look into this
Thanks anon
>>
what went wrong with WOD is blizzard not firing the entire world of warcraft team after CATA. the game will never recover unless every single person is sacked and actual devs are hired
>>
File: 1287339487515.jpg (13 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1287339487515.jpg
13 KB, 240x320
>>323290490
>a very small period of time before it was patched, not until timeless isle.
They weren't that far apart. In any case, you were required to do dailies for a decent portion of the expansion(not "a very small period"), which contradicts your statement that you were never forced to do them ever. So, again I ask, which is it, you big gay baby cunt?

And this is only one issue I had with MoP. I listed a whole bunch of other reason why I thought MoP was worthless garbage that you seem to have just forgotten?????

>Why are you trying to talk shit about an expansion you didn't even play?
Boy, I sure wish I didn't pay actual money for that fucking mess.
>>
>>323291092

>actual devs

Legion has Jay Wilson now, it's going to be the best expac yet.
>>
>>323290881
>Shit that requires sitting in your garrison waiting for a queue
>trying to sell "questing" as something to do
>trying to sell Raids as something to do as if it was something new

Holy shit, Zarhym is that you? Are you going to tell me grinding mobs for hours for apexis is compelling content the players wanted again?
>>
>>323291092
But game recovered after wotlk fine during cata
Raids become fun again
5ppl dungeons even after nerfs were worth running at least once
4.2 was great with heroic Rag being one of the best bosses in the wow history
After wotlk killed old zones cata at least tried to fix them
>>
>>323291250
I'm telling you a simple fact

It was no different to anything you did in Vanilla, BC, WoTLK, Cata or MoP. If you go back to Vanilla and BC in particular you would have actually found there is significantly less to do then there is now

And no it was not compelling content either
>>
>>323291478
>if you go back to older versions of the game you'l see they are less developed
>so it's ok to get a newer version lacking development too

You are supposed to move forward, not stagnate. Why do you keep defending this shit?
>>
>>323290881
Raiding is the only valid point on this list, and we're going to be stuck with that shit for another 8 months or so.

Everything else is stuff everybody did within the first few months, recycled content(fucking mythic dungeons, really?) or it's arbitrary busywork that gives nothing of value like pet battles or apexis/oil dailies.
>>
>>323291680
If you only want to raid that's your problem. This has been the same forever.

A new raid comes out. Players beat it within a week and then they complain there's nothing to do again.

Every single fucking patch since Blackwing Lair, 11 years ago
>>
The real problem of wow is that we are too powerfull. Remember the vanilla trailer. There was this powerless drawf with a bear. No edgy armor set. No powerfull super power just him and his bear in the snow. We wont have that feeling anymore
>>
It has even more pandering than Orclords had. Looks like a rushed project to me.
>>
Reminder we lost Maraad just to further the temporary, rushed (and not to mention cut story arc) on a mary-sue Yrel. Lets not forget losing the Alliance's admiral when Nazgrim at least gets a raid encounter.
>>
>>323291174
>you were required to do dailies for a decent portion of the expansion(not "a very small period"), which contradicts your statement that you were never forced to do them ever. So, again I ask, which is it, you big gay baby cunt?
You were never "100% required to do them". If you wanted to do dailies at the start you had to do golden lotus rep to unlock them and golden lotus became irrelevant once 5.2 hit. Which is it? It's never. You were never required to do dailies, not even for rep.

>And this is only one issue I had with MoP. I listed a whole bunch of other reason why I thought MoP was worthless garbage that you seem to have just forgotten?????
I don't care about them? LFR is trash and challenge modes don't even give gear. I'm the faggot talking about alternate forms of gearing, just saw you blatantly lying in one post and corrected you. Get over it.

>Boy, I sure wish I didn't pay actual money for that fucking mess.
But you didn't. It's painfully obvious.
>>
>>323291793
>If you only want to raid that's your problem.
>If you only want to do the only worthwhile thing in the game, that's your problem!
OK.

>A new raid comes out. Players beat it within a week
>Every single fucking patch since Blackwing Lair, 11 years ago
Except it took over two months for someone to get the world first on Nefarian. Try again.
>>
>>323291793
He wants meaningful content to do.

Next you'll say killing wolves in elwynn for hours is content and it's his fault he doesn't do it because "he only wants to raid"

WoD drones are fucking desperate, holy shit.
>>
>>323292334
Back on the day nobody knew what the fuck was going on.
And the game ran like shit.
>>
fuck garrisons
how do I earn money without them
i just came back from a huge break and this is too much of a god damn mess to try and fix
>>
File: 1433724910876.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1433724910876.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>323292152
>You were never required to do them!
>E-except up until this one patch which didn't come until several m-months after r-release h-heh...
>>
>people bitch about WoW being so shit having nothing to do
>play FFXIV
You don't know true boredom.
>>
>>323292606
You were never required to. "If" doesn't meant "You have to". Stop trying so hard.
>>
>>323292825
Why would you think slower wow would be better than wow? You have no one but yourself to blame there.
>>
File: morpheus.jpg (27 KB, 477x534) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.jpg
27 KB, 477x534
>>323292840
>If
So now it's "if", before it was
>>323289792
>You were required to do golden lotus only at the start of the expansion
>You were required
So for the third or fourth time I ask you

Which Is It?
>>
>>323292938
I play what my friends play. Nothing is more boring than a MMO you play alone.

Granted, only a few people I know still play XIV at this point so there's no real point in continuing to play. Especially now that my raid group is dead, and a majority of the raid community is concentrated on one server.

I haven't played WoW since shortly after Cataclysm came out... wonder if it would be fun to try again.
>>
>>323293087
>If you wanted to do dailies

I already answered. It's never. You were never required to do dailies. Wanting to do them is not being required.
>>
File: 1345886283859.jpg (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1345886283859.jpg
17 KB, 300x225
>>323293181
So even though I directly quoted you where you said they were required, you still felt like you could get away with backpedaling. Pathetic.

If that's the best you can do, I'll just end it here and call checkmate on this argument. My point, you fucking chump.
>>
>>323293430
So is this true or not?
>>323289274
>You were 100% required to do them until Timeless Isles came out.
>>
>>323287806
>No one is that autistic
What game are you playing buddy?
>>
>>323291240
Didn't he kill D3?
>>
>>323284487
yes. wow is going down the shitter and they want to end the story fast
>>
>>323291478
Not him and I think you are right, but at least in Vanilla you had world pvp with the majority of players not being meta-fags or little bitches that pick their battles excessively.

I mean hell by the time TBC came around, you couldn't even kite mobs to other players to get them killed. The fuck was that about?
>>
>>323293761
How?
Game was loved by both critics and old fans of series
>>
>>323284487
>the expansion after WoD would've been that ogre continent they mentioned
friendly reminder we never got the void god boss cho'gall blabbered about
>>
File: 5415123.jpg (163 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
5415123.jpg
163 KB, 500x380
>>323293430
>>
>>323291793
>since Blackwing Lair

I recall C'thun stopped everyone due to bugs.
>>
>>323291830
You wouldn't have it even with a new franchise as long as Blizzard's the one making it. Blizzard is literally the DBZpowerlevelfags of vidya in how they make games. Everything has to be bigger and better and more shiny.
>>
>>323293925
Did you even play D3 at launch? The only thing that mattered was making money.
>>
>>323293761
The game could only start recovering after he was removed from the team.

Incidentally he was moved to work on WoW.
>>
>>323294310
I always found it funny how Jay and Dustin who were both devs in other companies inferior to Blizzard in profit margins somehow managed to get in, get entrusted as lead devs, then fuck everything up.

It kinda sums up how Blizzard had no long term plan to raise up their own kids if some old fogey from Red Alert could call all the shots to your most famous franchise before WoW came along.
>>
>>323287082

Honestly I wouldn't bother with the shipyard.

I'm running inn/salvage on 18 100s right now (10 blue/8 red) and fiddling with the shipyard for anything other than your main is just a waste of time with little returns for your effort.

It might be worth it to you to grind out some honor gear until ilvl 675 so you can trigger the weekly "goodie" quests (the ones that yield the elixir and medallions).

>tfw 3 million gold

It isn't even a lot anymore. I've been trying to offload it on guildies for a bargain until I feel poor again, but not a lot of people are biting.
>>
File: 1441715704678.jpg (61 KB, 701x497) Image search: [Google]
1441715704678.jpg
61 KB, 701x497
>>323294498

>I'm running inn/salvage on 18 100s right now

Do something worthwhile with your life for once.
>>
>>323294498
>I'm running inn/salvage on 18 100s right now

How the fuck did you find the will to level that many characters to 100? Is there some sort of shortcut? I quit leveling my second at 97, just couldn't bear to do it again.

Legit question. I want to be able to reliably pay for this game with tokens.
>>
File: thinken of gold.jpg (66 KB, 371x366) Image search: [Google]
thinken of gold.jpg
66 KB, 371x366
No shiny new gobs, no buy.
>>
>>323294489
Nepotism
>>
>>323294796
Getting a job is more legit unless you live in a third world place.

That said: Instances used to give shitload of exp, go tank or healer.
>>
>>323294908
Wouldn't Nepotism be the case if they actually had their own guys take up the roles instead of the outsiders? Or are you implying those two buddied up with the old boys enough to enter their circle jerk?
>>
>>323285861
Archimonde as the final boss was absolutely ridiculous - trotting out one of the end instance bosses of a previous expansion for a current expansion is scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as laziness goes. Even by Blizzard standards it's staggeringly lazy. What the fuck happened to Blizzard creativity?
>>
>>323295092
I'm implying both knew inside people.

Probably uncle or similar relationship.
>>
>>323295057
Tank is all I play. Still feel it takes way too long and doing the same shitty 5 dungeons feels dull.

Oh well. Thanks anon.
>>
>>323295170
Tanks suck dick to level up outside of dungeoneering, but dungeons are pretty ez at least when I leveled up it was a power-rush of 1-5 levels an hour.

Gearing up is the worst.
>>
>>323294796
Get to about 94-95, do bonus objectives in Gorgrond/Talador until only one thing is left to do, then pop on EXP potions and heirloom gear and complete them all in one big run. Straight to 100 in maybe fifteen minutes.
>>
>>323295169
Well, so long as they have exit strategies like Kotick they still won at life. I mean Metzen can probably drown in cocaine before he even overdoses on it.
>>
>>323295415
Metzen will use all his coke money for green painted male strippers
>>
>>323295275
Thanks for the tip.

Though now that I think about it, getting garrison and inn level 3 and gathering a bunch of treasure hunter followers... May take way more time than it's worth.
>>
File: 1374272903240.jpg (47 KB, 279x348) Image search: [Google]
1374272903240.jpg
47 KB, 279x348
>>323294692

Pinky promise it's just a side effect of killing time when I wake up too early. The xpac has been out for over a year, and all of these characters have just been a level-cap stable I've had since about late Wrath (monk excluded).

>>323294796

I have a "path" I end up taking almost every time (full starter zone, gorgrond/talador outpost chains + objectives, spires until 100), but I can't say that it's the best because I really don't bother reading about stuff like this. Heirlooms combined with the garrison XP elixir have made it so 90-100 doesn't take more than a few hours if you know where you're going.
>>
File: 1452293580772.gif (149 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
1452293580772.gif
149 KB, 241x182
>the WORLD of warcraft has gone from being a massive online world ripe for exploration and conquest, to a chat program where individual players sit in their own private instances and wait for timers to finish so they can make gold and slightly improve their character, just like an old school browser-based construction game

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>323296391

>tfw you would give nearly anything to have your server community back

I even have a normie-passing social life now and I still miss this shit.
>>
>>323296547

same boat, I go to ironforge and thunder bluff once in a while and just wonder what the fuck happened
>>
>>323296547
>Go to school
>People treat you like shit 'cuz you're the nerd
>Get home
>Your buddies at wow
>Get to HS
>Buddies in wow and real life that are also in WoW
Anything for that m8.
>>
>>323296671
Even Warspear is nearly completely empty on both highly-populated servers I play on. Meanwhile FFXIV cities are packed as fuck. I feel like Blizzard must be inflating their sub numbers, or everyone really is just sitting in their garrison alone.
>>
>>323296671
There was a server with a sizable population in Thunderbluff? Since when?
>>
>>323296934
>or everyone really is just sitting in their garrison alone.

How else do you make money while alt tabbing?
>>
>>323296934
>Meanwhile FFXIV cities are packed as fuck
It's a lie!
I resumed my sub and all 3 old city are empty on phoenix(most popular ue server)
>>
>>323296934

It really is the latter. Even I'm guilty of it. I miss Shat/Dalaran.

>>323297002

Not that guy, and I'm sure it was different for every server, but TB was kind of the hipster (I guess) place to hang. That puddle next to the AH was always poppin'.
>>
>>323297140
I play on Tonberry and you can barely see some NPCs because of how many people are sitting around in cities. Plus there's a server queue whenever I login. Last time a saw a queue in WoW was end 2014.
>>
>>323297273
Is it NA Data Center?
>>
>>323284487
>change the end boss
I'm really out of the loop.
Who was supposed to be the end boss of WoD?
>>
>>323297391
Nope, JP. I'm in Aus, so I play JP. No idea about NA
>>
>>323297405
Garrosh's father
They promised it during announcment
>>
>>323287092
Getting shit like the Undying (10) was so much easier than Immortal(25). There was always a few people in 25 who'd do something dumb.
>>
File: asdasfgaggotsfasf.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
asdasfgaggotsfasf.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
>>323286082
At least we had Ruby Sanctum
>>
>>323293987
Yeah, and all BC raids and ICC took a few months to be cleared except BT because of difficulty, bugs and blizzards gating. 4-5 weeks of farming and your guild has everything it needs. Then its alt raids for 4 months.
>>
>>323297574
Undying>Immortal
>>
What I hate about Warlords of Draenor is that to get into Hellfire Citadel pugs, you NEED the achievement for killing normal/heroic Archimonde, just to get into a group killing one of the first bosses.
To rephrase that, you need to have killed the final boss before you can join a group killing the first one.

So many people sell heroic Archi runs that it completely devalues the achievement anyway.
>>
>>323296391

It'll get ported to phones soon

it already plays like a phone game, has microtransactions, and is designed by one guy
>>
>>323297836

>mythic mount drops have essentially locked you in to farming bosses at least 20 times instead of unsubbing after killing the last guy until the next xpac

I hate this. It wasn't so bad in MoP since I was in a fun 10m, but 20m is awful and I would kill for them to split it again.
>>
>>323287935
>all wotlk raids were bad
That's not really true. ICC, Ulduar and OS were good. ToC had fun fights, but was too short and lasted too long.

Thought only Naxx, the malygos one and RS were bad personally. Yes I preferred BC.
>>
File: 1439428559764.png (191 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
1439428559764.png
191 KB, 273x391
>>323284487

HEY YOU GUYS LIKE BURNING CRUSADE RIGHT?

>WELL...UHH, HERE IT IS...AGAIN! YEAH! WoW IS BACK BABY!

jesus christ just let this zombie die already!!!
>>
>>323298023

This is why I can no longer play my alts. Half of these pugs won't even take a main's armory link (the kicker here is that this is the same class alt on a different faction) as proof of competence.

Wrath was peak pug life for me--I was juggling a main and 2 alts and had a blast. Cross server ruined everything imo. They should have started merging servers much earlier than they did.
>>
>>323298023
Same shit with Highmaul, I swore off pug raiding after getting Ahead of the Curve, and then regretting the massive amount of time I put into achieving it.
>>
File: 1451619862228.jpg (77 KB, 500x507) Image search: [Google]
1451619862228.jpg
77 KB, 500x507
>>323298146
>!!!
>>
>>323298146
It's like a molded over, reheated plate of food from 2008 and we're meant to be enthusiastic about it
>>
Any decent MMOs out there? Anything decent coming out other than Crowfall?

I get the urge to go back to MMOs, but everything I like seems to have died. Ultima is dead, LOTRO is P2W garbage, WoW is garbage, GW2 doesn't even have GvG ffs.
>>
>>323297519
AYOO
*smacks lips*
HOL UP
*attacks Lakeshire*
HE WUZ A GOOD ORK
*eats watermelon*
SO HOL UP
*kills Draenei*
HE DINDU NUFFIN
*destroys stormwind*
AYO DRONOR BE FREEE
>>
>>323298498
I'm enjoying FFXIV. It's like WoW but the graphics don't look like N64, and it actually has a story beyond kill 10 mobs
>>
File: garrosh-cinematic[1].jpg (51 KB, 630x298) Image search: [Google]
garrosh-cinematic[1].jpg
51 KB, 630x298
>>323298534
SO HOL UP
*kills Cairne*
U BE SAYIN
*bombs theramore*
HOL UP
*tries to kill Vol'Jin*
WE WUZ
*time travels*
SUM FINNA
*times changes*
CONQUERORS NO SHIET?
*becomes enraged*
>>
So what are the current sub numbers?
I remember around juneish they were 5.something mil
>>
>>323299551
They're falling so fast, they don't report them publicly any more
>>
>>323299551
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-04-blizzard-wont-report-world-of-warcraft-subscriber-numbers-anymore
top kek
>>
>>323299641
>>323299671
my sides

For the first time I've ever they're not doing sub numbers.
>>
File: 1347451501968.jpg (9 KB, 328x398) Image search: [Google]
1347451501968.jpg
9 KB, 328x398
>>323299671
>"There are other metrics that are better indicators of the overall business."
>>
>>323298442
>tumblrtale fan telling anyone to stop

I'd rather have the other guy.
>>
be honest anons, why did you leave wow?
I left a bit before wrath
leveling and questing was done too quickly, all that was left was end-level instanced content

I feel like I'm a minority, but I always liked the adventuring part -exploring a big open world, randomly helping and being helped by strangers, questlines- more than the endgame stuff.
>>
>>323301427
Because my friends grew disconnected from me, so I eventually stopped playing since it got boring, plus the massive talent prunning made it so very fucking boring.

>b-b-but you just picked the +1 attack!
yes, but you had something to look forward each level and those huge trees where cool to look at.
>>
File: 1395855057914.png (3 KB, 167x141) Image search: [Google]
1395855057914.png
3 KB, 167x141
>>323290881
All that shit is boring as fuck and I decided I'd rather play actual videogames than pay Blizzard money each month to work a second job.

>log into Battle.net after like 9 months
>people are STILL playing WoD
I can't even fathom what they're doing, I asked some of them why they play and they all said "I don't know what else to do"
>>
>>323299671
Love how for the past 10 years they would post the sub numbers absolutely everywhere. They were screaming from the rooftops about how amazing and successful there sub numbers are
but now
>"There are other metrics that are better indicators of the overall business."
>>
>>323294796
The last I played (when they made heirlooms available for 90-100) I only had 3 of them and I legit remembering going from level 94 to 95 in 20 minutes (I even put a timer on)
>>
>>323301427
Well i left a couple of times from vanilla-wrath for a few months at a time, but my real quit came in cata.
Didn't approve of everything being nerfed to shit and then us not getting firelands/abyssal maw in 4.1. Seemed like the game was destined to go in the wrong direction after a promising launch.
>>
>>323301427

Haven't left yet, but strongly considering tapping out of raiding.

20m was a downgrade for me in terms of fun. It's the great ~12m core we had from last expansion with ~15 other people I don't really care for. Hate it.

Unfortunately WoW still has the only kind of PvP I enjoy (yeah, I know, no accounting for taste) so I'll probably still play casually now that you can stay subbed with gold. Hopefully the 5m content they promise in Legion will be worthwhile, but I doubt it.
>>
>>323302093
Same here.
The thing that made me finally quit was the talent trees.
>>
>>323301427

I came home from work a few days after 6.2 launched, dragged myself to my computer, opened the game and just sat there for a few minutes wondering why I still "played" this if it wasn't satisfying, entertaining or engaging. I uninstalled the game later that night and haven't looked back.
>>
>>323287074

pretty much, WoD had an amazing questing experience
>>
>>323284487
Ogre island would have just been a mid expansion filler troll tier raid with some dailies around it.
Why would Ogres who were crumbing and got finished off in highmaul be the final raid of orclords of orcnor?
>>
>>323301427
Gladiator titles weren't worth shit anymore, so I couldn't sell gold for real money.
>>
For a game with millions of subscribers and a company with billions of dollars in cash reserves, how can people fucking defend 12+ month raid tiers?

Icecrown Citadel
Siege of Orgrimmar
and now Hellfire Citadel
12 months without a new fucking major patch for each one.
>>
>>323304004
Their billions apparently got dumped into Titan and got scrapped. Oh and cocaine.
>>
File: kill urself.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>2015
>he's still hopelessly addicted to WoW

When will you say enough is enough? Never? Will you play the game in 2030 when the servers are about to shutdown and you're a miserable man in your 40s who's life passed him by?
>>
>>323304004
Because each expack has more content than previous
>>
>>323297140
I'm on Gilgamesh and that server is so packed in Limsa Lominsa and Idyllshire that it lags my decent gaming PC.
>>
>>323304581
Like WoD? Fuck off lad.
>>
>>323304004

People don't defend it anymore. Why do you think they're quitting en masse?
>>
>>323298498
Not really. Private servers of certain golden age games (P1999, Vanilla WoW scene, SWGEmu) are the best options.
>>
>>323304004
I think people are finally giving up on defending it. It's even visible in their financial reports that they're putting less resources into the game.
>>
>>323301427
The skill curve got absolute ruined and everything became super focused on bleeding edge raiding. That is probably the biggest factor.
>>
>>323304004
Blizzdrones love their stockholme sydnrome.
>>
The story and continent shit was probably planned ahead of time and in development during WoD's development.

But they probably changed some things with feedback from WoD along with whatever story changes were made for WoD.
>>
>>323304758

I don't defend it, I just stay subscribed to prune my garrisons and sell shit on the market to feel like I'm making fake money. WoD is fucking terrible for end game.
>>
>>323304851

Return of Reckoning isn't too bad either considering it was one of the few Warhammer Fantasy games around.
>>
>>323301427

I left because I don't really enjoy how the endgame is dealt with in themeparks like WoW. Sure raiding can be fine if you manage to find that one guild that isn't full of shitters, but what else is there to do outside of raiding? Absolutely fuck after like 2-4 weeks of an expac launch. I felt the exact same way with both WoD and Heavensward, both had the exact same problem with good leveling content and fun stuff at endgame for like 2 weeks, then they both felt either boring or a chore just to log onto every day.

Sad thing is I have always been a sucker for MMOs so I'll just be playing another one in a month anyways, I just hope it won't be another awful theme park.
>>
>>323301427
Game started pandering to the MOBA audience.

Every class got homogenized or ability pruned, dungeon finder killed LFG chat, cross realm zones ruined any sense of server community, and they started focusing more on cash shop items and minigame stuff than actually adding content to the game.
>>
>>323305734

As much as I hate all the stuff they fucked with in WoW, it's still one of the only MMOs I have a lot of fun grinding in. There is just something about the game, either the art style, combat, addons, something that feels missing from other games that try to copy WoW.
>>
>>323305682
>good leveling content and fun stuff at endgame for like 2 weeks, then they both felt either boring or a chore just to log onto every day.

that's how WoW always was since Vanilla.
after getting to level 60, all you did was raid whatever tier was relevant at the time and then AFK on your mount until the raid lockout resets. the only thing else to do other than raiding was pvp and that was an unbalanced clusterfuck.
>>
>>323286783
its always a grill playing a hunter
>>
File: legion.jpg (293 KB, 1817x1064) Image search: [Google]
legion.jpg
293 KB, 1817x1064
>>
>>323307250
lol
>>
>>323305734
> Every class got homogenized
U wot mate, classes have stronger identities than ever before now. All have a different resource mechanic and play uniquely. If you think that looking up elitistjerks for talent specs or trying to figure out whether 3% more crit or 6% more damage on curse of agony is better and having two dozen "utility" abilities you use about once in a year was better design, then jesus.
>>
>>323306787
Had you raided in vanilla, you would know that each hour of raiding requiring 2-3 of griding to get the reps, pots, consumables and attunements in addition to random gold for repairs and all.

The issue for people is that they're literally playing +5 hours a day. Vanilla WoW raiding, aside from PvP ranks, required maybe 2-3 hours of work a day albeit that was spread unequally because raids were 4-6 hours and new release was followed by intense weeks.
>>
>>323307802
I admit, I started in wotl
But I tried nostr, and vanilla end game raiding was shit
>>
File: 1449631655302.jpg (15 KB, 224x192) Image search: [Google]
1449631655302.jpg
15 KB, 224x192
O H H E R R O
>>
>>323307545

>3 or 4 ability max rotation
>next to no reason to change from your rotation
>>
File: Dspchrischan.png (248 KB, 525x532) Image search: [Google]
Dspchrischan.png
248 KB, 525x532
In the future, we'll be talking about what an amazing expansion WoD was and the cycle will repeat.

You know you all love this expac deep down.
>>
File: arms rotation.png (106 KB, 1137x563) Image search: [Google]
arms rotation.png
106 KB, 1137x563
>>323307545
Classes are unique from each other, but still most specs have 4-5 ability at max rotations. It's like playing a MOBA character now.
>>
>>323308309
I only dropped wotlk faster than WoD, and only because in wod raids were locked at release
>>
>>323308404
If you want complex rotations go play XIV.
>>
>>323308309

I didn't think any expac was really that bad. The only questionable one was Cata due to Dragon Soul being a shit raid.
>>
>>323308404

Arms is not the norm but the exception.
>>
File: sfw panda taming.png (583 KB, 1024x831) Image search: [Google]
sfw panda taming.png
583 KB, 1024x831
>>323308008

sheseesyourdick.jpg
>>
File: holyPaladinArtifact02.jpg (918 KB, 1154x3064) Image search: [Google]
holyPaladinArtifact02.jpg
918 KB, 1154x3064
Senegos: Ten thousand years ago, I found myself mixed up with a rebel alliance of sorts.
Senegos: This was during the pinnacle of Queen Azshara's power over the elves. Her abuse of magic had grown dangerously strong.
Senegos: We plotted to use the Tidestone of Golganneth against the queen.

Senegos: Cenarius. I can wield the Tidestone, but I must warn you: we risk destroying the entire Well of Eternity!
Cenarius: That, my friend, is precisely the plan.
Illidan: Fah! We need simply to do away with Queen Azshara herself, not the very source of our people's power.
Farondis: I agree. We are firing a cannon at sparrows.
Tyrande: We are fighting the greatest danger our world has ever seen!
Tyrande: Even now, Queen Azshara colludes with demons. She puts our world at risk.
Cenarius: Very well. Prince Farondis, you can secure the Tidestone of Golganneth?
Farondis: I shall have it arranged, Cenarius.

Attendant: Here it is, my Prince: The Tidestone of Golganneth, one of the seven Stones of Creation, and treasured relic of the kaldorei.
Farondis: Very good. Leave me.
* Attendant leaves.
Farondis: I'm sorry, Cenarius. I believed in your cause, but I couldn't bring myself to turn against...
* Azshara enters.
* Farondis kneels before Azshara.
Farondis: My queen.
Azshara: You've done me a great service today, Farondis.
Azshara: What a shame that you won't LIVE to reap the benefits of my gratitude.
Farondis: ...what?!
Azshara: This whole valley is filled with plotters and schemers.
Azshara: Cavorting with Cenarius behind my back? I will NOT tolerate dissent!
Azshara: You must all be taught a lesson.
* Azshara uses lightning to blow up the Tidestone.
>>
>>323307048
naw the girl was the retarded healer.

No girls in raid>ANy girl in a raid.
>>
>>323307250
Needs the frozen throne crystal in there somewhere as well
>In case of emergency, resurrect important lore characters
>>
WOTLK had shit to do the entite expansion

Dungeons were always useful
Pvp was semi balanced after the first patch
The world was more interesting
The lore was interesting
Pugging raids was still a thing
Professions didnt suck

Only thing that is better now is making gold
>>
File: 1327444315741.jpg (71 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1327444315741.jpg
71 KB, 555x555
Probably already been said considering the size of the thread, but Legion was being planned back in MoP. Wrathion's whole shtick was that the Legion were coming back and we had to prepare.

WoD was the biggest cashgrab filler I've ever seen.
>>
>>323293925

heh
>>
File: bxb8av4.jpg (14 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
bxb8av4.jpg
14 KB, 320x272
>>323310505

Nice. Very nice.
>>
>>323310909
Nicer.
Very nicer
>>
>>323285870
Hang in there dude. Enjoy some timewaliking and get yourself that dank moose mount. Or end your sub. I'm not renewing mine till pre expac event.
>>
>>323285870
>>323285943
Is there gonna be any new content in that time?
When was the last time there was a new content?
>>
>Legion, believe it or not, was planned during warlords development
i think (reading usual blizzcon on mmo)
they said legion was in developent at the same time as wod
that explains why wod is shit, you'll get the other half of wod with legion
>>
>>323310505

>see wrathion in drake form at the end of WoD
>that's it

it's so bad, so, so fucking bad, it really killed any set-up they had in MoP. And now they pull shit like bringing back Calia, which could lead to fuckloads of interesting story-related things, but nope, she's a pacifist priest in the order hall doing fuck all - And the worst part is people still use these characters and their return as a means to get hyped for something.

I'm not even shilling like most WoW threads turn, but every week I consider jumping back into FFXIV with a few of my friends.
>>
>>323308968

I thought the Holy Paladin weapon was going to be Uther's hammer
>>
>>323301427
>why did you leave wow?
My guild that I had been raiding with since Vanilla disbanded sometime in early Cata (A month or so before the Ragnaros v2 patch) and my desire to play the game died with it.
>>
>>323298146
as far as im concerned, warlords was the unexpansion. bc adds flying, wod took it away until it was no longer relevant. BC had a major city, wod took them away in favor of a couple tent camps on an island nobody cares about. Bc had instances that remained relevant throughout - wod had the easiest 'catch up' gear yet. Honestly, for the longest time i figured the next expansion would send us back to northrend and take away wotlk addition. my hope for first cuts? death knights
>>
>>323301884
playing devils advocate for a moment, wow tokens are less cost efficient than subs and thus make them slightly more money, also sparkle ponies and cash shop shit.

but yeah, i agree.
>>
>>323284487
Farahlon would have been an isle, like Pandaria's isles, they even said so before WoD was released and the size of the map for it confirmed that.

You want to know what really happened? Rob Pardo left Blizzard. He was the last member there with a voice that actually cared about the direction the game was going in. Now all they care about is how they can win over the super casual scum that pretend to be nostalgic for things they never experienced and mindlessly throw money at everything Activison-Blizzard makes. Legion is quite literally WoD: Part 2. You can even tell that Class Halls were supposed to be much more like Garrisons than they are, in a rush job they removed as much as they could, but you still have some Garrison missions left over. The game is dead and rotting like a fetid corpse, Legion will only bring more disappointment to anyone who actually cares.
>>
>>323311406
6.2 came out in June 2015

Legion won't be out until Q3 2016, the prepatch won't be until Summer at the earliest.
>>
>>323313427

2 tiers 2 years
>>
File: original.jpg (16 KB, 403x321) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
16 KB, 403x321
>>323313427
So the game is going to be for a year or more without a content update?
>>
>>323313427

6.2 was also the longest the game has ever went since Vanilla with no content patch. From WoD launch to 6.2 was 222 days.

6.1 was not a content patch, they said so themselves and were quoted as saying it was a mistake and should have been named something like 6.0.5 or whatever, instead of being labeled as a content patch when there wasn't one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.