[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worth playing if you never played as a child? same goes for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1423209766149.png (2 MB, 1500x1094) Image search: [Google]
1423209766149.png
2 MB, 1500x1094
worth playing if you never played as a child?

same goes for majora's mask
>>
>>323276426
Yes but only the 3D remakes
>>
Yes.

Ocarina is a well designed game, and Majora is still one of a kind.

If nothing else at least play Ocarina to set the stage for Majora which is a must-play.
>>
Yes, if possible play the 3DS remakes.
>>
I'd say emulate OoT and MM, they are both great games with that certain adventure feel you won't get anywhere else

MM is a lot cooler though, not better per se but the whole mask dynamic and the sword smithing is way cool to pass up

>>323276479
>>323276587
What's so good about the remakes besides the visual quality?
I've heard many people complain that they butchered the atmosphere by updating the graphix
>>
3DS for OOT

MM I'd use an emulator there are some changes, just minor changes, that make the experience slightly worse on the 3DS. Flavourwise at least. However the 3DS improves some gameplay or tries to in some cases. They're about even adaptions.

Try OOT first.
>>
>>323276426
majoras mask: yes

OOT: no
>>
>>323276787
Better framerate and the OOT remake comes with Master Quest
>>
>>323276875
>framerate
I doubt that's a problem with emulation or even VC?

>master quest
I guess that's pretty neat
>>
>>323276787
It's really preference, both versions are good.

The originals are kind of janky and blocky in that early 3D way, which some people aren't into, but the dark lighting and unclear 3D models do add to the atmosphere a bit. It's fine to play the 3DS versions if the originals don't feel modern enough for you.
>>
>>323276787
The remakes look good, there's no problem at all since the graphics they put in do contribute to the atmosphere.

Also the New 3D remakes of both Zeldas have c-stick support on the new 3DS.

Either way the games are good.

I believe the atmosphere of the final boss in OoT was a slight bit ruined by lightning though.
>>
no, theres no reason that people on a videogame image board would recommend you to play 2 of the best games ever made
>>
OoT is a must-play
MM is great too.
>>
>>323276787
IMHO, OoT 3D is the definitive version OoT (and Master Quest). The changes are all in line with the official art put out in 1998 and the tone is preserved. The gameplay is much improved with the touchscreen menu.
However in MM's case, MM and MM3D are different experiences, there's a big change in the saving mechanic that makes it more suitable for short bursts (which is silly when sleep function exists), and because of it the tension in the game takes a MASSIVE hit. Still a good experience, I recommend playing MM first, but you'll still be receiving most of the charm if you can only get your hands on MM3D
>>
>>323276426
yes, play both as well. Majora's is a direct sequel to OoT, and a lot of the game feels like it was designed in a certain way because the devs assumed people would have played OoT before hand. Both a great and really well designed, especially when you consider OoT was the first in the series to be done in 3D, and one of nintendo's earlier big budget 3D games
>>
>>323277842
Holy shit I totally forgot but yea the touch screen is literal quality of life when you have to switch boots like damn, that's so much better for the flow of the game
>>
>>323276426
Absolutely
>>
>>323277842
>and because of it the tension in the game takes a MASSIVE hit

Which will have an incredibly minor effect on the experience compared to how satisfying things are to explore in the 3DS version.
>>
>>323276820
>3DS for OOT
>MM emulated

The exact opposite should be the way you play them.
>>
lol at the people recommending emulation

Only do that if you're a poorfag or don't want to pirate the remakes
>>
>>323277842
No way m8 he has to play oot first...
>>
>>323278963
Why? As for me I'm going to direct you to these posts because anything I would've said has already been said.

>>323277842
>>323277938
>>
>>323276426
mm yeah. oot nnnnah, unless you want to say that you played it and confirm that it's overrated.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.